QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

"cheeseburger with no cheese, please"

I used to do this until a cashier said I could just order a plain hamburger.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to do this until a cashier said I could just order a plain hamburger.

my dad would order that for me only when a cheeseburger is cheaper

(and otherwise when cheeseburgers are being made then I would request no cheese)

Edited by Freohr Datia

Bottom Bun, Cheese, Meat, Tomato, Onions (and maybe bacon) then top Bun.

Also no ketchup, mustard or relish I really hate that stuff. (No Lettuce too, sorry lewdy)

Edited by Naughx

Bottom Bun - Wagyu Beef - Cheese - Chili Mayo - Fried Egg - Furikake - Caramelized Bacon - Crisp Onion Rings - Top Bun

Edited by Dream

BIG, BEEFY BUNS

A BIG OL' MEAT BURGER

a single cheese

WHY NOT SOME BACON TOO?

GOTTA LUBRICATE THAT SHIT WITH SOME (mmMMmmM) BARBEQUE SAUCE

s o m e l e t t u c e

AHHH GO ON THEN SLAP ON A MOTHERFUCKING BEETROOT
OR TWO

chips on the side, thin, crispy, well-salted ones

mMMMmmmm

warm, toasted buns

the meat to bread ratio must be good, the focus is on the meat

some lettuce on the top

some mustard.. somewhere?

some grilled onions that have a sweet flavor

a slice of the sharpest cheddar they have, like, the sharpest

aye, let's put some peppers in there too, something not too hot but not too mild

one big slice of tomato

something fried and crunchy in between

warm, toasted buns

the meat to bread ratio must be good, the focus is on the meat

some lettuce on the top

some mustard.. somewhere?

some grilled onions that have a sweet flavor

a slice of the sharpest cheddar they have, like, the sharpest

aye, let's put some peppers in there too, something not too hot but not too mild

one big slice of tomato

something fried and crunchy in between

No eggs?

I don't eat meat so I've always wanted to try those burgers where a portabello mushroom replaces the patty. I would probably then just like onions, and toasted buns. I haven't ever tried fake cheese IDK about the cheese. So pretty much no meat and no dairy on the burger with everything you would usually expect.

Edited by commie scum

King's Hawaiian hamburger buns.

Grilled onions, sauteed mushrooms, ol' fashioned american cheese.

steak sauce

and of course the burger itself along with bacon.

lettuce, cheese, tomato, onion, bacon, mayo, ketchup and a big o' beef patty

perf... -u-

also the mayo and ketchup must blend into each other niceeeeely

perf x2

Edited by Hashuni Mei

bacon

BBQ sauce

pepperjack

light tomato

lettuce

and pineapple

Yoooooo! Pineapple on a burgie is so bomb, thank you for reminding me! aaaaaaaaa

Oh man I love burgers. Not real big on cheese so I go without

Both buns and meat of course, I get ketchup and pickles. I'm cool with lettuce but I don't love it.

I'll get bacon on there if possible but that doesn't usually happen

I'm a sucker for Love's generic-ass hamburger buns, but I'm a weirdo like that. But since I'm describing the ideal cheeseburger, we're going into eclipse's childhood, which involved those buns, so yeah. Heat those buns gently - enough where they're pleasantly warm, but not so hot that they fall apart. Best done by leaving them face-down on a grill for thirty seconds or something.

Massage some lean beef, sage, salt, and pepper into a ball, flatten that ball, then put that ball on the grill (you DID remove the hamburger buns, right?). Five minutes per side, then lay a thick slice of Actual Swiss cheese on top, and leave it for another minute. Put a leaf on the bottom bun, then slide the patty onto the waiting bun.

Toss in a bit of butter, chop up some mushrooms (button/crimini work best for this), and saute those buggers for two and a half minutes. Slide 'em on top of the cheese.

Top it off with another leaf of lettuce. This should keep the bun from falling apart.

I suggested this qotd, but then I realised it's too enormous a question to respond to myself. What even is an ideal cheeseburger? Is it something I enjoy? Is it something I've really enjoyed before? Or is it something I haven't had yet? Can such a thing even exist?

For the most part though, I like a warm, soft and sorta sweet bun that won't fall apart, about one or two slices of cheese (sharp cheddar works really nice) that's all melty, and onions chopped into tiny squares, lots of 'em. Pickles, tomatoes, lettuce...they can be there too, but not too much. Patty should be seasoned well, but not so much to drown out everything else, and possibly cooked to medium-well done. I like ketchup and mustard. Bonus points if it's honey mustard.

But all that is just...just general stuff, things I've liked, just the things I know, you know? Maybe somewhere out there, there's a legendary cheeseburger I don't even know about...

the bun should be secondary to the smorgasbord of meat, cheese, fried onions, exactly three pickles, and mustard.

i'm bad at describing food, but i'm also really flexible on what a great cheeseburger is. five guys is typically good enough for me.

QUESTION EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-ONE: What are the first things you do when you wake up every morning?

Edited by Tangerine