QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

Old, sweet lady who was the boss's wife

She was one among very very few of the oldies that respected my wish to move in with my boyfriend before marrying and she was really supportive and excited, in fact. Pretty much all the rest of the old workers (including my boss) were like "omg why in the world would you move in if he won't even marry you yet those relationships could easily fail" but this sweetheart was just like "good luck, I'll miss you but I hope you'll be happy!!"

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she was lovely in every way and responded to emails so quickly

a quality i have come to appreciate about as much as i appreciate actual altruism thanks to college

the managing editor of my newsmagazine is a treasure and im going to be so sad when she graduates

she really cares about everyone!! last summer, we played this game where the entire staff shared their deepest secrets and problems and afterwards, she went up to everyone individually and reassured them and i appreciated it a looooot

once during a workday after school i was sitting in the hallway crying and she saw me and listened to me talk for a while before giving me advice which was rly nice

s/o to my editor-in-chief, who went to go check on me in the bathroom when she realized that i had been gone for a while and calmed me down when i started crying

She was reliable, spunky, patient and approachable.

When I messed up the scheduling for my training she took the fall for me and it was so aaaaaa ;n;

Maybe she's not the abs best but one of my supervisors just rated me highly and said I'm getting like a prize for employee of the month kind of thing. So bonus points for that.

She was super friendly and outgoing but she knows when to be serious and to hold meetings when necessary. She treats the employees as family and she's always willing to listen to my problems, whether it's personal or work related. She's pretty lax about things yet be serious.

Also praises me even when I don't feel I deserve it, though I'm pretty sure I do. Even told me I'm always welcome back to the job if I returned to NY.

the bun should be secondary to the smorgasbord of meat, cheese, fried onions, exactly three pickles, and mustard.

i'm bad at describing food, but i'm also really flexible on what a great cheeseburger is. five guys is typically good enough for me.

QUESTION EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-ONE: What are the first things you do when you wake up every morning?

Turn on my coffee, wait for my coffee, pour my coffee, drink my coffee.

get my thread hijacked by my wanker boss

QUESTION EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-TWO: What was the best boss/supervisor you've ever worked under like?

A fuggin' turbo nerd who invited me to D&D nights with his cool ass turbo nerd wife. I miss that guy....

It's only been a day. It's fine.

If I'd waited 28 more hours (and I was in fact tempted to) it would've been a week

i'm hijacking the thread

qotd 873: what is ur starter of choice in the sun and moon reveal

you should know what happened. get warned, fucker.

anyway stellaris happened so

QUESTION EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-THREE: So, what about kale?

a divisive subject