QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

I knew maybe was joking. Perhaps the "just saying" threw you off?

I have a hard time telling jokes sometimes, haha. People take me seriously when they shouldn't sometimes...

well raven was more saying he was joking I was more saying that what he was saying couldn't be called wishing

but okay, thanks for that clarification then. It's not just you though, it's because it's always tough for everybody to tell if somebody doesn't put enough tone emphasis behind their text (although sometimes even then people still can't tell). But yeah it's more just text in general rather than any inability on your part~

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I mostly lurk nowadays. When I was active I also would have made a poor moderator though, since I spent a lot of time on FftF to even notice what was happening anywhere else.

i would probably lose my temper often and re-ban long left bad members for satisfication

you're hired

Yes, I think I would make a good section moderatior rather than a global one.

if you haven't noticed I have been here daily since I signed up the 2 days befor fates was announced (and I think I spend an average 2.5 hours a day here)

I know how pretty much everything works around here (I love this place)

plus I do various sick alpha things like Integrity does

Maybe, I think I am pretty fair and balanced about stuff in general... and I do legit like the community. But I got kids and life stuff to take care of before I take care of internet stuff.

Also yeah, that whole time commitment. Man gotta be free to wander when he needs to wander. :\

Also yeah, that whole time commitment. Man gotta be free to wander when he needs to wander. :\

Hey, man, that's no problem. We've had mods who disappeared for months on end. Hell, I've personally gone weeks without logging in.

you're hired

i remember when you said you didn't want to be a global moderator because you would have to manage serious discussion

unfortunately, i can't find where you did, so you probably deleted the evidence

Hey, man, that's no problem. We've had mods who disappeared for months on end. Hell, I've personally gone weeks without logging in.

We're pretty understanding about it honestly. Nightmare for example lives in the middle east and frequently has Internet issues. Every mod tends to take some time off as well when they're busy. It's not a super demanding job and admins are cool with it if someone needs a break lol. I've taken a month or so off myself when I was injured, 'cause it can be hard to deal with petty stuff during your spare time when you feel terrible, haha. If you have a strong and functional staff, the rest of the team can make up for one person being gone for a bit.

no, too much effort and restraint needed

this is shallow but I'd totes take a position where I have authority over people anyway though like

I want people to listen to me not the other way around

I can't tell if todays QOTD is a joke or is Serenes really looking for new mods?

if so in all seriousness I would like to join the moderation team

or something to help our community

I'm in the process of looking for an FE section mod, but this thread isn't a recruitment tool and Integ likely didn't intend it that way lol. Starman is retiring, he's mostly still on the staff now because I like changing his group name. Maybe I'll just keep him there permanently and he can be our mascot.

If you want to support the community, we'll be starting a podcast soon and helping get the word out/sharing it with your friends when we finally begin would be a good start! We're hoping the podcast will help get new fans into the series and create another means of bringing the community together. There will be a lot of involvement as far as suggestions go for our members, ideally.

Edited by Tangerine

I feel like there are three parts to this. Firstly, I would need a larger presence/activity level on the site to be a good candidate. Secondly, I would need to really want to put in the effort it requires, which I don't particularly want. Thirdly, I would need to actually be a fair person with a solid understanding of the code of conduct for the site, which is the only part I do think I am qualified for.

As far as podcasts, that sounds like fun

I can't tell if todays QOTD is a joke or is Serenes really looking for new mods?

if so in all seriousness I would like to join the moderation team

or something to help our community

The first step is to become friends with Tangerine. It totally worked for me.

Maybe I'll just keep him there permanently and he can be our mascot.

I'd like that.

You've been an SF mod for like 6 years in total or something. Being my friend had nothing to do with you being on the staff, you're just a good mod! lol

i figure i'd do an ok job as a mod

I like asserting the need of authority if needed just to keep the peace

Though i have let things slide a bit at some moments, kind of need to work on that tbh

Probably. I manage the Warframe clan I'm in well enough as a mod there, though it's pretty tame due to the low activity, even though I'm pretty sure 90% of the members have no idea who I am other than the guy who kicks/bans people for breaking the rules. None of this is all that telling anyway. >_>

I would not do anything bad or do anything good, I would just be useless.

But I might serve as a bad example in terms of my general conduct and be a bad mod because of that, independent of my actual lack of warns/suspensions/etc.

You've been an SF mod for like 6 years in total or something. Being my friend had nothing to do with you being on the staff, you're just a good mod! lol

Pff

I only became your friend so you'd make me a mod