QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

DLC is fine, as long as it brings something new to the table or has generally a lot of new content.

Day one DLC and what would otherwise be just micro transactions are easily just a quick way to make money despite it looking like they should have been included in the game in the first place.

It's pretty to easy to tell where a publisher/developer's heart lies based on how they market the DLC of their games.

Edited by Monde

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i diy most but not all of the time

my mom tries to diy all the time, it's cute

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY-NINE: What was in the last package you received?

what was the last thing actually shipped to your house?

Argh other than bills and shit, im trying to remember. Uhhh the last actual package i got was like, a cd i ordered on Amazon a while back.

DLC? Im ok with it as long as its not like, BS like hats. The Smash Mii outfit DLC is kinda lame but its priced low enough not to be absolute horseshit. I actually think Smash has a good DLC model cuz its literally stuff they thought of after finishing the game. And that people really want to see. Who didnt want Roy or Lucas back, come on. I also dont mine the FE model of DLC too much. What i cant stand is when they charge five big ones for something ultimately useless.

I also dont mine the FE model of DLC too much.
I was disappointed by the DLC that featured past FE characters (the ones I played anyway). For the most part they just sort of threw swarms of FE characters on screen with severe power discrepancies, and the dialogue for the maps was mostly lame. I admit that it is fun to stumble upon an FE13 char VS FEpast character talks/battle quotes..

I was disappointed by the DLC that featured past FE characters (the ones I played anyway). For the most part they just sort of threw swarms of FE characters on screen with severe power discrepancies, and the dialogue for the maps was mostly lame. I admit that it is fun to stumble upon an FE13 char VS FEpast character talks/battle quotes..

The thing that bugged me about those maps wasnt really that aspect. But the DLC characters you did get as prizes for beating those maps, were just Avatars and not unique models. This is actually why im pretty down with the whole amiibo thing in Fates, cuz at least those are actual unique models.

Well, in principle I'd rather have a fun experience with a map than get a cool bonus after it, unless the bonus is pretty cool. But then again, I did get a whole buncha limitless scrolls from that one map. I guess it's some of both.

Also, I found Leaf to be reasonably good when I recruited him for story chapters. I had been using Anna but he pretty much outclassed her at that point, and it's not like Anna has many support options.

Edited by Severian

FE13 DLC was pretty lame, but the Smash DLC is reeeeaaaally nice.

actually Smash DLC is basically the only DLC I care about, I think

DLC is iffy. There needs to be thought and effort put into it and it has to be worth the money put into it. If it's cosmetic, it shouldn't cost more than 2-5 bucks imo. If it adds gameplay, how much does it? Hyrule Warriors DLC is well worth the price because it adds so much to the game, yet the game itself is still long enough on its own. It doesn't feel like it's missing anything without DLC, just like Smash Brothers.

I appreciate games that have no DLC over games that do, because I feel like (even when it is not the case) that I'm getting a more complete product when I do. There are a few exceptions, like Smash 4 where they really add a lot to the overall experience while also feeling like you're getting something extra that didn't NEED to be in the game (although they really should give the DLC characters customs).

Free DLC is the best, though.

I'm pretty iffy on it.

I only ever buy the game, because I usually don't have the money to buy the DLC and don't want to ask for said money, even when I really want to sometimes (Characters, stages).

I love when they make it free though! Unless it's just a costume, I probably don't need it.

I agree with Refa, basically: especially on appreciating no DLC over the existence of it.

Edited by Draco

aye, now i've learned you people do not like to engage one another!

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND ONE: What was the last thing you got a refund for?

back to simple things

I barely do refunds, but the last happened quite recently in the relative sense. Back in March I was ordering some parts to build a PC and I got a really crappy power supply since it could not reliably connect to the motherboard, so I had to refund it (and get a different one).

fuck me sideways i forgot to post in serious qotd

i was gonna ;((((

Shame I missed yesterday as well (life things happened). Talking about DLC would've been good fun.

Edited by Interest

I've never gotten a proper refund, although HMRC did refund me £90 because I paid too much income tax than I was supposed to.

Although, I guess that you could call that a rebate, rather than a refund.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

aye, now i've learned you people do not like to engage one another!

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND ONE: What was the last thing you got a refund for?

back to simple things

Not for a lack of trying on my part. I guess people not named Severian are just too afraid to shoot the shit.

Anyway, last time i got a refund for anything was GTA Vice City on Steam. It would not work on my laptop despite any downgraders i tried to use.

Not for a lack of trying on my part. I guess people not named Severian are just too afraid to shoot the shit.

Anyway, last time i got a refund for anything was GTA Vice City on Steam. It would not work on my laptop despite any downgraders i tried to use.

As it turns out, Loki's name is Severian.