General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

Thanks for the info !

Yuga interest me, Ravio, not so much.

I'm almost 100% sure that Wizzro was designed with Vaati in mind, of course Vaati being the original, is obviously superior. (Meanwhile you can hear the word 'replicaaaaaaa'...)

The costumes all looks super-cool, except MMLink, but he's always really screwed costume-wise.
... Along with Medli, and Marin.

I love HWL, but geez, for the life of me, Vaati and the oracles games, man, I want them;

Edited by B.Leu

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I swear, this Berserk game is calling upon me.

I take back everything I said about Ravio, he is awesome. Awesome. I love his combos. He like an unholy (Ar ar, get it ?) Link if he used multiple weapons instead of only one. And the uses the Ice Rod of albw is badass.

He very much do honor to his game !

I hope this new skill 'Heart Power', will make all the character potentially more powerful than Link with the fully unlocked Master Sword, otherwiser, I will not be able to fully enjoy my 4+ sword for Link, eh..

Will probably miss the Sword Beam though, that's too good to pass up.

Despite the 'Thanks for playing', I kinda sorta expect one last DLC. I mean, Ravio and Yuga don't have a 4+ weapon, and there's that one last spot in the character menu.

I won't 'forgive' though... nope, no exageration there. :p

-No costumes for all the DLC characters up from Medli, the only thing that I truly find 'unforgiveable'.
-Lack of a blue costume that would make Volga look like Kain. Same with Ganondorf, he have a spear, so give him one too.

-No Dark Weapon for Link... I want think about it ! Biggoron Sword, Great Fairy's Sword, Fierce Deity's Sword...

And, I know, MM's Link have it in the form of the FD's mast, but one, I can't admire it the swords or the mask, two, the moveset could be different, and three... still.
I. Want. A. Greatsword. For. Link.Nah.

-Level 4+ weapons are the same as.level 4.

-Some 4+ weapons design are average imo, but some are pretty cool, even if they're just recolor.
-No alternate skins for the Master Sword or something of the same kind, I mean, how cool it would have been to wield it in it's Goddess, Seasheel, Tempered, Golden, or Gildered form ? They did such a good job with the White Sword and Magical Sword, so I'm surprised.

Edited by B.Leu

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey thats pretty neat, still wish I had the means to play it, but it looks really fun.

I'll change the title to reflect that. Thanks for the addition.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/17/dynasty-warriors-9-announced-new-rebirth-open-world-title/

Dynasty Warriors 9 bois

Koei Tecmo announced Dynasty Warriors 9 as the newest entry in the series at Jump Festa 2017. Its platform has yet to be revealed, but it’ll be an open world title and will feature Zhou Cang as a playable character.

Producer Akihiro Suzuki says that they can’t announce its platform(s) yet, but since it’s the first main-numbered title in a while, as well as the series’ 15th anniversary, they’re facing many big challenges to make it into a “rebirth” for the series, and one of them is making it an open world title with the aim of making all of China’s continent into one giant map.

ws000711.jpg

ws000329.jpg

Edited by Jedi

Wow, so that rumor of the game going open world ended up being true. Didn't see that coming. So far I think open world and the Warriors game are a poor combination but I'm open to the idea of me being wrong on that.

I'm not exactly hyped though due to me ranking Dynasty Warriors so much lower than Samurai Warriors.

I'm hoping they will use the new characters to expand the later era of the three kingdom. Jin arguably has one of the stronger cast of characters and they are a bit wasted when they fight generic losers half of the time.

people are talking about gameplay shown but all I've seen is that teaser trailer

announced before the end of the year = cutting it very close.

That said, I'm semi-skeptical on the "open-world" thing and do want to see more.

Open-ended world, huh. Hmm, wonder how that would work considering how Warrior games play out.

I'm hoping they will use the new characters to expand the later era of the three kingdom. Jin arguably has one of the stronger cast of characters and they are a bit wasted when they fight generic losers half of the time.

Personally, I think the low-number of non-generic characters post-Wuzhang is actually a boon, narrative-wise. To me, it reflects just how the whole thing was winding-down after decades of fighting. All three kingdoms were already in a state of decline (Wei lucking out in getting a second wind when the Sima took over), as most men of the time couldn't match up their predecedors. It shows when even the Jin became victim of this with Sima Yan, and his death triggering the land to fall back into chaos. All this barely 10 years after the land got united at last.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Zhou Cang? Zh-Zhou Cang!!? Wha? Then they better add Liao Hua if they're going with former Yellow Turbans associated with Shu. (really think him and Wang Ping would be great adds to Shu, on my personal bias) But I'll admit, they surprised me. Always hyped for the new faces.

Open world...? Not something I exactly expect out of DW.

Welp, there's new characters and an overhauled combo system to look forward too.

How likely do y'all think this will come out on the Switch?

How likely do y'all think this will come out on the Switch?

Not very, considering the last Dynasty Warriors game to come out on any nintendo console was Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper(Momiji and Shennong addon)

They prefer Sony and PC, that dastardly Koei.

Not very, considering the last Dynasty Warriors game to come out on any nintendo console was Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper(Momiji and Shennong addon)

They prefer Sony and PC, that dastardly Koei.

Except Hyrule Warriors has been one of the more successful titles on the Wii U, and Koei themselves confirmed that they have software in development for the Switch back when we only knew it as the NX:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/koei_tecmo_confirms_that_it_has_nintendo_nx_software_in_development

Given, the Warriors series isn't Koei's sole property, but I personally think expecting DW9 to make it to the Switch in some fashion is pretty realistic.

Edited by The DanMan

Except Hyrule Warriors has been one of the more successful titles on the Wii U, and Koei themselves confirmed that they have software in development for the Switch back when we only knew it as the NX:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/koei_tecmo_confirms_that_it_has_nintendo_nx_software_in_development

Given, the Warriors series isn't Koei's sole property, but I personally think expecting DW9 to make it to the Switch in some fashion is pretty realistic.

Then presumably it'll be other games, like Musou Stars or that one tactical Dynasty Warriors game? I can't see DW/SW on the Nintendo consoles due to the atrocity that was Samurai Warriors 3, and Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper was an addon. Or it could be Berserk, but not a musou. I wouldn't like DW/SW on a nintendo console, hack and slashes on them are poor to me(Maybe with the pro controller it becomes better, but I can't see a game like Dynasty and Samurai on there, considering its content)

EDIT: I would like to say that Sengoku Basara 3 was a good game with the pro controller, and won't deny HW was a good game spinoff. I just can't see them move their largest franchise to a system made for children.

Edited by Shadowfrost Zenbiniar

Then presumably it'll be other games, like Musou Stars or that one tactical Dynasty Warriors game? I can't see DW/SW on the Nintendo consoles due to the atrocity that was Samurai Warriors 3, and Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper was an addon. Or it could be Berserk, but not a musou. I wouldn't like DW/SW on a nintendo console, hack and slashes on them are poor to me(Maybe with the pro controller it becomes better, but I can't see a game like Dynasty and Samurai on there, considering its content)

EDIT: I would like to say that Sengoku Basara 3 was a good game with the pro controller, and won't deny HW was a good game spinoff. I just can't see them move their largest franchise to a system made for children.

...?

The Switch announcement trailer exclusively showed adults; even then, how would it be "made for kids"...? And nowhere did I suggest any form of exclusivity-- multi-platform releases are a thing, you know.

I genuinely don't get a lot of this post.

Edited by The DanMan

...?

The Switch announcement trailer exclusively showed adults; even then, how would it be "made for kids"...? And nowhere did I suggest any form of exclusivity-- multi-platform releases are a thing, you know.

I genuinely don't get a lot of this post.

Me neither. But regardless of what system it comes out on, I'm excited to see what DW9 is about, that's all that matters.

Lol, why Zhou Cang, a fictional character while there are many real guys who havent appeared yet? I want to see Liu Feng, Cao Chun, Cao Hong, Yuan Shu, Hua Xiong, Wen Chou, Yan Liang for god sake!

Because popularity I guess, Koei does alot of fan polls these days and it usually influences their character choices.

Kind of sad because of, yeah he was a fictional character made solely for the novel. But they've added fictional people before, (looks at Guan Suo) so I'm not entirely surprised.

Edited by Jedi

Because popularity I guess, Koei does alot of fan polls these days and it usually influences their character choices.

Kind of sad because of, yeah he was a fictional character made solely for the novel. But they've added fictional people before, (looks at Guan Suo) so I'm not entirely surprised.

But I have never heard Zhou Cang being popular in any platform, at all.

Would rather have Liao Hua, but hey, I like to think he'll be added too.

Also color me skeptical of open world since I'm not a fan of it in any capacity, but I'll hold my breath.

Lol, why Zhou Cang, a fictional character while there are many real guys who havent appeared yet? I want to see Liu Feng, Cao Chun, Cao Hong, Yuan Shu, Hua Xiong, Wen Chou, Yan Liang for god sake!

For me, it's namely Cao Hong and Hua Xiong because I want them too, but this is only the first announced character, so in due time we'll see what happens.(Unless they pull an Empires and only add one character)

I don't know if popularity applies to Zhou Cang, but Guo Jia can vouch for popularity playing a factor sometimes.

I think it would be interesting to see how the eunuch Huang Hao would be handled if he was ever added as a character. He is usually depicted as a corrupt schemer who obstructed Jiang Wei and falsely advised Liu Shan to surrender.

This would be interesting for two reasons.

For one Jiang Wei is depicted as someone with a pretty high chance of ending up in the loony bin. Thus a character going against him may fill the role of the sane one opposing the fanatic BENEVOLENCE! agenda of Jiang Wei.

Secondly the surrender is depicted as a pretty noble thing in the game. Liu Shan knows he's beat and wants to stop senseless fighting. That's also the logic that Hao could use.

The one thing I dont like about DN in general is there's so few "evil" character. The only one who is truly evil is Dong Zhou and he's just a clown. Everyone is more or less benevolence, nice, good. Even Cao Cao and Cao Pi can hardly be identified as evil. I just want some murderous psychopath or a evil chess master who is really into destroying/controlling/schemming or at least a coward, dirty bastard who knows how to get around.

Edited by Magical CC