Corrin/Kamui in Smash

Limstella

I'm curious to how everyone feels

Either: YEAAAA

or

HELL NO!

or

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I think his moves are neat, I just feel like there's gonna be a ton of hate for him incoming

Edited by Manakete Morgan

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, while I agree we have more FE reps than the game needs, at least Corrin is someone I'll buy. So I'm cool with him/her. Besides, since I never touched Roy and don't plan to, I'll only have five FE characters in my game instead of six. :P

I am so angry. Why are all of the stupid self-insert characters getting in smash? If they really wanted another fire emblem rep, why not Aqua(she's plot important and fights with a lance. LANCE!!) Because unless they're utilizing the dragon transforming stuff, Corrin is just another sword user. Gosh Sakurai.

My first reaction was more or less noting people saying Kamui is in SSB and being "What"

My second reaction was "why are you not Seliph or Lief"

My third reaction was "FE has now outpaced Zelda in terms of reps."

My fourth reaction was welp whatever.

Should have been Reimu

Well, Sakurai was able to do something that IS didn't: Make me like Corrin.

That was totally unexpected. I jokingly voted for Corrin but I had nil hopes of him making it him. Never underestimate Sakurai.

Also, the salt is real.

Honestly, there are too many FE characters in Smash Bros, and if they were to go with another, there are so many other better reps from FE I feel could have been in the game. I had hoped it would not be someone from Awakening or Fates aside from Robin. Besides, I feel like there were a ton of other Nintendo characters who deserved it more than Corrin.

Edited by DragonLord

oh my god this is what i always wanted! a compelling character with an amazing movepool that's faithful to the games!

...what's this? corrin? no, i meant bayonetta! how does any of what i just said remind anyone of corrin?

seriously, wtf is with that movepool. like on one hand at least it's trying to not just be marth or robin again, but where the hell are the moves that constitute actual skills or abilities from fe14?

Edited by bookofholsety

Oh, come on. Male default Robin and now male default Corrin? Girls play these games, too, y'know. If there weren't amiibo, it might not be a big deal, but...there are.

? I don't get it, the option is still there. How is it any different from every character creation ever starting on "male" for gender?

Amiibos alright but i kinda think people shouldn't care about them to begin with so feh

Edited by Tryhard

I can. Corrin has some uniqueness to him/her because he/she can transform into a dragon and stuff. And he/she is one of the two newest protagonists (if you count Azura as well). And Fates is popular already and stuff.

I'd have loved having Ephraim even more, but I bet a lot more people would've been like "who's he?" or "this guy instead of Corrin or Azura?" than all hyped and excited.

oh my god this is what i always wanted! a compelling character with an amazing movepool that's faithful to the games!

...what's this? corrin? no, i meant bayonetta! how does any of what i just said remind anyone of corrin?

seriously, wtf is with that movepool. like on one hand at least it's trying to not just be marth or robin again, but where the hell are the moves that constitute actual skills or abilities from fe14?

Crit animations, the skill Dragon's fang, and the like all use the partial-morph; I also saw some of the white blood and dark blood attack animations mixed in as well.

Not that I'm thrilled with his inclusion... .

This was truly amazing. I expected not, but I did indeed receive. Love Fates, love Corrin, but I will say lol 6 FEcharacters

So much disappointment..

This is neither a good way to celebrate the anniversary of Fire Emblem, nor to end DLC for Smash 4.

Bummer.

(Bayonetta is fine, though.)

Could you not? I think you've regurgitated your extreme disdain for Fates enough.