Corrin/Kamui in Smash

Limstella

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can. Corrin has some uniqueness to him/her because he/she can transform into a dragon and stuff. And he/she is one of the two newest protagonists (if you count Azura as well). And Fates is popular already and stuff.

So very true. Aside from we in SF, there are still unblemished fans out there who thinks Fates will be the best thing ever and Corrin's inclusion will only bolster the popularity.

Really, am I the only one who is remotely satisfied? I never liked Corrin's personality or role either but that moveset tho.

? I don't get it, the option is still there. How is it any different from every character creation ever starting on "male" for gender?

Amiibos alright but i kinda think people shouldn't care about them to begin with so feh

It's not different, and therein lies the problem. It treats male as the "default" gender and female as the "alternate," like they aren't as important. I could look past it when it was just Robin, but both of them being like this is dumb, especially with the high concentration of male characters compared to female characters already in the game. And to add salt to the wound, the other avatar character in the game with gender alternates, Villager, is also male default. Not cool. Some Nintendo games - notably Pokemon and Splatoon - have been avoiding this problem lately by not having a default gender option, just presenting both and letting the player pick. That may not really be an option for Smash, but at this point, they should have just used female Corrin as default.

I care about amiibo. I want a female Robin amiibo. I would want a female Corrin amiibo.

So much disappointment..

This is neither a good way to celebrate the anniversary of Fire Emblem, nor to end DLC for Smash 4.

Bummer.

(Bayonetta is fine, though.)

Umm... could you please just not...? Everything that needs to be said has already been said, many times already.

It's not different, and therein lies the problem. It treats male as the "default" gender and female as the "alternate," like they aren't as important. I could look past it when it was just Robin, but both of them being like this is dumb, especially with the high concentration of male characters compared to female characters already in the game. And to add salt to the wound, the other avatar character in the game with gender alternates, Villager, is also male default. Not cool. Some Nintendo games - notably Pokemon and Splatoon - have been avoiding this problem lately by not having a default gender option, just presenting both and letting the player pick. That may not really be an option for Smash, but at this point, they should have just used female Corrin as default.

I care about amiibo. I want a female Robin amiibo. I would want a female Corrin amiibo.

I really don't see the issue but okay. I mean if you're reading that much into a character creation screen.

Somehow, I expected Kamui/Corrin to get in Smash... Especially after reading the translation of Sakurai... (Actually I had that feeling even before). Disappointed it wasn't Aqua, I wanted Ephraim to be in ina long time, but Aqua would have been wonderful as well. At least his moveset is appealing.

Well, I do agree FE has a lot of reps, I don't agree FE having too much characters,I think it's about the rgiht amount of characters... And even I think other nintendo characters could have made it too, I don't think he shouldn't have been included : Fates is coming soon and FE is slowly becoming popularso ...

Moreover, the VA sounds really nice, and the English Version "Lost in thoughts All Alone" sounds better than in the E3 trailer... Maybe is it just... in my mind ?

I really don't see the issue but okay. I mean if you're reading that much into a character creation screen.

If you're not a female gamer who prefers to play female characters, it's probably more difficult to understand.

Don't get me wrong, though: any individual character creation screen defaulting to male isn't something I ever get worked up over. It's a minor nuisance at worst...on its own. But it creates scenarios like these where the character is seen as male despite the fact that they shouldn't have a default gender at all. It sidelines female players and their characters as lesser.

I ain't even that mad to be honest.

At first I was surprised and though I'm not particularly excited for Corrin, I don't hate their inclusion either. I thought their move set looked pretty neat in my opinion!

I would have liked to see other Fire Emblem characters in Smash, but it's not the end of the world and all this DLC is optional anyway.

Edited by carefreejules

alright to be honest this made me very salty.

I don't really mind that we're getting more FE characters but god I hate that stupid Mary Sue so much. give us hector or ephraim. hell i'd prefer eirika as a marth clone over this. and if they really needed an FE14 character, how about Azura? bleh, I hate Corrin and I think I'd prefer literally anything over them. I like Bayonetta though. Hopefully she makes up for it.

oh and according to those first few seconds, Elise's english voice makes me want to punch her even more than her japanese voice. I didn't know that was possible. but hey on the other hand Sakura's voice acting is better

Edited by kantoorfarina

I'm excited for all 3 though I'm most excited for Corrin to be honest. Bayonetta, to me, felt like she came out of left field especially with the vocal minority clamoring for King K. Rool, Shantae, and Shovel Knight.

If you're not a female gamer who prefers to play female characters, it's probably more difficult to understand.

Don't get me wrong, though: any individual character creation screen defaulting to male isn't something I ever get worked up over. It's a minor nuisance at worst...on its own. But it creates scenarios like these where the character is seen as male despite the fact that they shouldn't have a default gender at all. It sidelines female players and their characters as lesser.

Fun fact: The German version of the Smash homepage is currently addressing Kamui as female, both in the updates on the main page and Kamui's own profile. Although since they are using the male Kamui images as everyone else, it's probably a mistake and not a deliberate decision.

Edited by BrightBow

It's OK, you still have Wii Fit Trainer. You can still yoga with comfort.

Just watched the announcement video and can't wait for chainsaw sword dragon. Definitely going to buy them now, they looks really fun.

Though if that video is any indication the dub for Fates sounds terrible.

Also F!Kamui for Amiibo pls.

Just watched the announcement video and can't wait for chainsaw sword dragon. Definitely going to buy them now, they looks really fun.

Though if that video is any indication the dub for Fates sounds terrible.

Also F!Kamui for Amiibo pls.

ehhhhhh.....they still have 2 months.....right?

I may be a guy but give gender equality Nintendo plox

Btw, are my eyes fooling me or is female Kamui actually wearing proper tights now, just like male Kamui?

After careful analysis....YES! SHE IS!

npQnaIM.jpg

(yes the picture might look a bit sexist due to the pose that she's SS'd in but this is in the name of confirmation and science!)

Edited by RandomSwordmaster