Corrin/Kamui in Smash

Limstella

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Corrin and not Tiki? Corrin uses swords...

because tiki isn't half as relevant as korin is (this is not a value judgement), and korin barely uses their sword anyways

The only hateboner I have for the character is their English name and voice.

[spoiler=sorry rey but korin has the best english VA]eT6S0Ca.jpg

ITT a bunch of people who have never played Splatoon.

You CAN name an Inkling. It automatically takes the name of your Mii, which you can change at any time.

I've played splatoon a considerable amount and I never knew this

wow

ITT a bunch of people who have never played Splatoon.

You CAN name an Inkling. It automatically takes the name of your Mii, which you can change at any time.

I have played Splatoon. I don't count this. It's the name of your account, not the character.

I have played Splatoon. I don't count this. It's the name of your account, not the character.

You can change the name of your Mii to assign your Inkling a name. The point is that an Inkling's name can be edited to whatever you want.

The only hateboner I have for the character is their English name and voice.

Too early. If it was like the Japanese trailer, than none of the audio is exactly like in-game; makes sense as Smash generally has pretty crappy voice direction. So all we have to base things on is one critical quote.

OH I misunderstood I thought you could change the name of your Inkling at any time after it took the Mii's name.

Yeah that definitely doesn't count lmao.

Corrin was mostly put in as marketing for FE14, in hopes that it would increase potential sales for Nintendo. Either way, I'm buying FE14 anyway so.....yeah.

They did the same for Roy in Melee. So I dunno what all the fuss with Corrin is all about that is seen in the presentation on youtube.

You can't panty shot Rosalina, she's all galaxy.

I think some trophies you can still do it with. Some have black voices though.

I can probably get used to Corrin's voice and the older brothers but the other female voices don't sound very good to me. I'm considering killing Elise if she sounds like that in game though.

Still better than Felicia's who sounds like she is a disabled child in the Jap version.

Wow, I'm really late to the party. I am applauding for Corrin's inclusion. The more Fire Emblem representation, the more Fire Emblem becomes popular (at least I hope that's what will happen). Not impressed with the voice actor for Elise in that cutscene =/. Female Corrin's voice is amazing.

Unrelated, but I also noticed that BAYONETTA was the smash ballot winner. Holy crap, I wasn't expecting that. She looks like a kickass fighter.

Already has.

Yeah, I think it was only done for the trailer too, because I didn't think Ryoma sounded the same as he did in the E3 trailer. He was different to me.

He's so forceful.

A samurai like voice would have been better for him like Murasaki in Dragonball. Props to Xandar's who sounds heavenly like he should be with his name representing that from Alexandar. I would side with Nohr in an instant (already have in my first run). Ryoma is a little too forceful.

+1 vote for wishing Femui was the default.

Gosh, what atrocious voice acting. Hearing Elise's voice made me want to turn off the video immediately.

Still a mile better than Japanese Felicia.

After all of this, why haven't the devs included Caeda? Unlike Corrin, she wields a lance, of course, but more importantly, she's the de facto other protagonist from the original games like Marth is! That would have been better than having the two latest avatars.

Because of the spin-off of her being in the FExShin Megami Tensei would have been ideal. But...Corrin is enough. I'm sick and tired of all of the complaints about some characters when Sakurai needs a vacation and this is the thanks that he gets. Just be grateful that were getting DLC at all!

His moveset seems pretty diverse. I like that

Why is Corrin barefoot tho?

Azure reference.

She is Corrin's cousin after all.

Maybe because of all the complaints about Awakening characters not having any feet.

Azure.

Bringing that in for her being Corrin's cousin.

I honestly didn't think Fire Emblem would get another Smash character. They have what like the second most characters in smash bros now?

Corrin only made it in to promote sales upon FE14 which I'm getting the game anyway!

Sales are already strong enough. But...if it is to save the series, so be it!

Edited by eclipse
Spoiler tags, and I spoiler the entire post, because I shouldn't have to step in and do this kind of thing

Still better than Felicia's who sounds like she is a disabled child in the Jap version.

I don't think you could have picked a more offensive way to talk about your discontent for Felicia's voice, why would you say that?

Edited by Vashiane

[snip]

can you spoiler that stuff about Azure and Corrin lmao. also korin is likely barefoot because like, they were barefoot in the promo art at the very least (I don't know about in-game)

ALSO smh about people misunderstanding RFoF's argument

robin, korin, and villager all have character customization processes and are (relatively) extensively customizable; inklings are arguable because all you can do is change their clothes (which you can do for characters in like half of video games anyways) and give them usernames, wft isn't even an avatar of any sort

assuming korin is (and it looked that way from the trailer), all of the avatar characters are male default on the CSS when by nature they have no default gender.

this is not a huge issue (nor is RFoF claiming it is; she said she's mildly annoyed or whatever), but it is still A Pattern.

this is not a complex argument; why is there a shitstorm?

I don't think you could have picked a more offensive way to talk about your discontent for Felicia's voice, why would you say that?

It's okay.

Nobody is perfect. She's just trying to fit in an imperfect world. She is the type that tries to overcome difficulties of life which am grateful for Flora and Joker/Jakob looking out for her. The VA is likely autistic mildly. Felicia has the same condition as I have is why I know. But...this is why that I'm not too bothered when playing her as the game wouldn't be complete without disabilities. Shows why that the games sales are already growing strong. But...Elise is good enough. It comes to show that Felicia's VA is been a success as it shows that anyone can do it! It also fits in to her clumsy-like nature as well. :)

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

can you spoiler that stuff about Azure and Corrin lmao. also korin is likely barefoot because like, they were barefoot in the promo art at the very least (I don't know about in-game)

ALSO smh about people misunderstanding RFoF's argument

robin, korin, and villager all have character customization processes and are (relatively) extensively customizable; inklings are arguable because all you can do is change their clothes (which you can do for characters in like half of video games anyways) and give them usernames, wft isn't even an avatar of any sort

assuming korin is (and it looked that way from the trailer), all of the avatar characters are male default on the CSS when by nature they have no default gender.

this is not a huge issue (nor is RFoF claiming it is; she said she's mildly annoyed or whatever), but it is still A Pattern.

this is not a complex argument; why is there a shitstorm?

No one was misrepping it. People just didnt agree with it.

OH I misunderstood I thought you could change the name of your Inkling at any time after it took the Mii's name.

Yeah that definitely doesn't count lmao.

Why not? I've seen enough people who change their Mii name to fit their Inkling. Some even create separate NNIDs to specifically play Splatoon.

Personally I consider the Fire Emblem MUs to be "less Avatars" than the Inklings. Kris, Robin and Corrin are characters with defined traits and personalities and their actions and consequences in their respective stories are barely affected by the customization choices. Robin and Corrin could be locked to their default appearance, voice and names and it wouldn't really change anything in game. The only thing that affects things and dialogue in-game is gender, but nothing else matters in the grand scheme of things, which breaks the immersion an Avatar character is supposed to give the player.

Nobody is perfect. She's just trying to fit in an imperfect world. She is the type that tries to overcome difficulties of life which am grateful for Flora and Joker/Jakob looking out for her. The VA is likely autistic mildly. Felicia has the same condition as I have is why I know. But...this is why that I'm not too bothered when playing her as the game wouldn't be complete without disabilities. Shows why that the games sales are already growing strong. But...Elise is good enough. It comes to show that Felicia's VA is been a success as it shows that anyone can do it!

What the actual fuck?

Do NOT make assumptions like this about people you do not know. You got called out on this before, do not do it. Also, in case you forget, Felicia's Japanese VA is the same as Oboro's.

It's okay.

Nobody is perfect. She's just trying to fit in an imperfect world. She is the type that tries to overcome difficulties of life which am grateful for Flora and Joker/Jakob looking out for her. The VA is likely autistic mildly. Felicia has the same condition as I have is why I know. But...this is why that I'm not too bothered when playing her as the game wouldn't be complete without disabilities. Shows why that the games sales are already growing strong. But...Elise is good enough. It comes to show that Felicia's VA is been a success as it shows that anyone can do it!

And you know this HOW?

Do you have intimate details on the VA's mental health or something?

I REALLY doubt it and no it's not okay because that's actually REALLY offensive for you to say when you have no proof or position to say it. Plus there are a million ways to say you don't like something without ever using a phrase like that so, don't. Please and thank you.

it's less a misrep (I shouldn't've used "misunderstand" as a blanket comment; you two weren't) but the issue here is more making it into a shitstorm

like I don't think anyone disagrees that it would be a Reasonable Thing to have default robin or default korin be female, and that only having one gender of amiibo for such characters is an issue

Why not? I've seen enough people who change their Mii name to fit their Inkling. Some even create separate NNIDs to specifically play Splatoon.

Personally I consider the Fire Emblem MUs to be "less Avatars" than the Inklings. Kris, Robin and Corrin are characters with defined traits and personalities and their actions and consequences in their respective stories are barely affected by the customization choices. Robin and Corrin could be locked to their default appearance, voice and names and it wouldn't really change anything in game. The only thing that affects things and dialogue in-game is gender, but nothing else matters in the grand scheme of things, which breaks the immersion an Avatar character is supposed to give the player.

it's open to interpretation but the process design is far less accessible to avatar creation than FE13/14 Edited by Euklyd

What the actual fuck?

Do NOT make assumptions like this about people you do not know. You got called out on this before, do not do it. Also, in case you forget, Felicia's Japanese VA is the same as Oboro's.

And you know this HOW?

Do you have intimate details on the VA's mental health or something?

I REALLY doubt it and no it's not okay because that's actually REALLY offensive for you to say when you have no proof or position to say it. Plus there are a million ways to say you don't like something without ever using a phrase like that so, don't. Please and thank you.

Oh. Right.

mYPCj6.jpg

Again. I knew nothing. Better research first before making assumptions.

It is all acting then upon her clumsy nature as she should be.

No.

But...the way that VA has done was an assumption. Just my guess, but it was no guarantee till Boron blurted it out!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

No.

But...the way that VA has done was an assumption. Just my guess, but it was no guarantee till Boron blurted it out!

Guarantee of what until I blurted it out? That you're making very rude assumptions and seriously need to stop this right now? >;/

Do not, DO NOT, put words in my mouth and attribute something I am not saying to me. ESPECIALLY poisonous ones.

Edited by Sunwoo

I suppose one thing we can all root for, is hoping for Kamui amiibos for both. How COOL would be to have one gender of Kamui for one game, and the other gender for another and both work the same way? (you know how they did with Splatoon and those Mario ones) Cuz honestly, that shit would sell like hotcakes. Considering that a Corrin/Kamui amiibo hasnt been announced yet, theres still hope for either-or, or both.

I suppose one thing we can all root for, is hoping for Kamui amiibos for both. How COOL would be to have one gender of Kamui for one game, and the other gender for another and both work the same way? (you know how they did with Splatoon and those Mario ones) Cuz honestly, that shit would sell like hotcakes. Considering that a Corrin/Kamui amiibo hasnt been announced yet, theres still hope for either-or, or both.

ok that would be legit cool, yeah

here's hoping

(although I don't see them making a kamui amiibo for FE14, since FE14 amiibos seem more like they're for legacy characters and whatnot...)

Guarantee of what until I blurted it out? That you're making very rude assumptions and seriously need to stop this right now? >;/

46Ud2C.jpg

Okies.

About discussing the VA who did two of the same roles which I didn't know. But...yeah. I went too far and will not say anything offensive without any claims. I do apologize. Nobody is alone on this as I am the same way!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

ok that would be legit cool, yeah

here's hoping

(although I don't see them making a kamui amiibo for FE14, since FE14 amiibos seem more like they're for legacy characters and whatnot...)

(dont pop the bubble, mate! But yeah i see the point because what would a Kamui amiibo give the game....BUT LIKE COME ON, LETS ROOT FOR IT ANYWAY!)

Considering that a Corrin/Kamui amiibo hasnt been announced yet, theres still hope for either-or, or both.

It has been announced, though. The presentation announced amiibos for Cloud, (male) Corrin, and Bayonetta.

If any of the following happens again in this topic:

- Unmarked FE14 spoilers are reported

- I see a stupid picture in response to anything

I'm removing your post.

Anyway, the only thing I have to contribute to the topic is "YAY MALE CORRIN AMIIBO!" I really don't like female Corrin's design.