Corrin/Kamui in Smash

Limstella

At least it seems Corrin's moveset is unique, focusing heavily on the dragonblood running through their veins.

It seems to me that Corrin's inclusion probably upset every single fan of the fanbase in various ways, though. Most FE fans probably wanted someone else, and everyone who isn't an FE fan is sick of FE characters.

Overall I'm more surprised than anything.

Who was that member who showed up one day and asked us to vote for Corrin and everyone more or less told him it was impossible for Corrin to be in Smash?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says something when even the fire emblem fanbase is complaining about Corrin. that said I personally love that they focused so much on dragon vein. Though we will never understand why he is barefoot. (probably because he's a dragon)

Edited by Mackc2

tbh I'm fucking hyped for korin, way more than I expected to be. all the salt probably only made me more hyped...

[12/15/15, 2:37:33 PM] E:uklyd: it looks like they might've done away with the worse part of her costume[12/15/15, 2:37:33 PM] E:uklyd: the[12/15/15, 2:37:37 PM] E:uklyd: thigh windows[12/15/15, 2:37:41 PM] M: oh right those[12/15/15, 2:39:24 PM] M: cue the complaining about censorship. :Valso[12/15/15, 2:39:50 PM] E:uklyd: oh my god s/he stole marth's tippers[12/15/15, 2:39:57 PM] E:uklyd: AND MARTH'S SIDEB[12/15/15, 2:40:02 PM] E:uklyd: AND THAT PURPLE ARMOR[12/15/15, 2:40:07 PM] E:uklyd: THIS CHARACTER LOOKS AWESOME[12/15/15, 2:40:14 PM] E:uklyd: sorry refa etc

not if you want to compete! lol this coming from you (that being said I agree we don't need more negativity)

I'm in the same boat with you. I was stunned when I saw Fates and I didn't connect the dots in my head until the decision part came up! Also, I'm pretty sure the salt so real it is causing denial. "Another sword user"? Yeah, sure, even though Sakarai himself said "His sword isn't his primary way of attacking" in the freakin' direct! When the salt clears a month or so from now, maybe they'll give Corrin a chance...or not. We'll see. :3

At least it seems Corrin's moveset is unique, focusing heavily on the dragonblood running through their veins.

It seems to me that Corrin's inclusion probably upset every single fan of the fanbase in various ways, though. Most FE fans probably wanted someone else, and everyone who isn't an FE fan is sick of FE characters.

Overall I'm more surprised than anything.

Who was that member who showed up one day and asked us to vote for Corrin and everyone more or less told him it was impossible for Corrin to be in Smash?

Yeah, even though he was planned from earlier on.

Almost every fanbase is salty, but I expected as much when the direct ended.

We could have gotten someone else, but Corrin is cool since he's actually different...too bad that those who are super salt won't give him a chance knowing that (if they're denying it). I hope they possibly do give him a chance...after the salt clears a bit in a month or so...

Edited by Busterman64

His appearance definitely doesn't feel appropriate. After all, Fire Emblem wasn't exactly neglected this time and I doubt that the smash community wanted him. And inside of the FE fanbase, he seems to be far less popular then Robin.

Personally I was rather unhappy about this reveal. But I was quickly able to see the bright sight of things, so now I am glad that he is coming and I can hardly wait. It's going to be nice to have a Waifu Emblem character who is more proactive about being a shitty human being, instead of being merely unemphatic like Robin. I mean, it's not really Robin's fault that she has no empathy and yet is in a position were she makes decisions that affect countless lives. If she wasn't with Chrom, she wouldn't really cause harm to anybody except for men with an insufficient wardrobe. So beating Kamui is going to be far more satisfying then her.

Edited by BrightBow

It says something when even the fire emblem fanbase is complaining about Corrin.

I think that has more to do with a significant part of the fanbase having a major hateboner for Corrin.

I was guilty of saying they had no chance, and I feel really silly and bad right now lol.

Moveset looks great.

I think that has more to do with a significant part of the fanbase having a major hateboner for Corrin.

I think I heard someone call him a "Mary Sue". Don't know why...probably something to do with Fates...or saltiness , but who knows for sure. I certainly don't. :3

Edited by Busterman64

I'm freaking hyped about Corrin. I didn't watch the stream because I was busy but my friend did so I was randomly guessing the characters and got it correctly with him. I secretly hoped for him but I thought it might be too early for him so maybe he might appear in Smash 5 but NOPE. WE GOT HIM NOW! I'm super excited.

Also, gotta love how some people call Corrin "another sword fighter", even though his sword is like freakin' chainsaw and half of his moveset is him using his dragon form!

This. I'm starting to get annoyed by this. I decided to count the number of moves we've seen that involves a sword and from what I've seen it's jab ( but also involves dragon fang), down tilt and up tilt and maybe his forward tilt if it was shown. The rest of his moves mainly focuses on his dragon attacks. Bair uses his wings, neutral B is his dragon fang move from fates, side B is another one, dragon ascent is a wing move and counter surge turns kamui entirely into his dragon form. Even his final smash doesn't involve his sword. Fsmash is a super long ranged dragon pierce. I think i saw down smash that uses a sword but I'm not sure. Therefore, almost HALF of his movesets DOESN'T involve his sword.

His entire gimmick is based on his dragon attacks and his sword is more of a secondary weapon to me. He's not JUST another swordfighter. B<

Sorry about the rant but really it's getting ridiculous in my opinion.

hzuoe8.jpg

hAEkFV.jpg

Confirmed that they are going to leave the characters designs alone! -.-

bkmebQ.jpg

cOcDQV.jpg

First time that we get English voices.too! Like Elise's Sakura's and Xandar's Ryoma's is kind of formal making you want to side with Nohr first. Xandar does it right. His voice makes you feel like wanting to go with him. Because he is not so forceful and does it in a calm and mature manner! <3

eHxGw3.jpg

PICK SMASH! PICK SMASH! PICK SMASH!

qRWjdB.jpg

YES!

3Nii3l.jpg

xtqK8e.jpg

xXLKyC.jpg

Barefoot will bring foot fetishers fanservice! Husbando service here!

bwEqEc.jpg

PVu5Rq.jpg

T5FfLf.jpg

f2VRGx.jpg

hxelC1.jpg

Ucy76P.jpg

mlDjZu.jpg

cpQCKA.jpg

obv9E3.jpg

Dragon Fang Attack! (Going crazy with hype!)

BNufw7.jpg

qrRCUj.jpg

PF9XrU.jpg

<3

HMoUqK.jpg

Yikes. =o

Like the Viridi mii, her hair design is very well done!

j0wW1q.jpg

Oz3oUh.jpg

EL0806.jpg

Talk about Waifu syndrome!

kQslWp.jpg

1lxFVZ.jpg

Y79NHg.jpg

1gj4eg.jpg

The Final Yato!

maqJZt.jpg

FAFzCc.jpg

kqwsE5.jpg

vyq9TI.jpg

AIn3Xc.jpg

Luna! The Luna attack is in!

XxuP3J.jpg

n4fj3o.jpg

ohyHhr.jpg

w0fZ7v.jpg

Sol made it in...too! :D

5BKY5M.jpg

dkkKZc.jpg

YES!

Corrin 5 star of hype. Knew we'd get a rep from this game! Though I was expecting either Corrin's kid or Ryoma/Xandar to be our guest. But a rep from this game is of no surprise. Because of Fates preorders selling out and upping the popularity of Fire Emblem(Wish Advanced Wars got more love!)is why that we get yet ANOTHER FE REP!

This is a five star of positivity! :D

His entire gimmick is based on his dragon attacks and his sword is more of a secondary weapon to me. He's not JUST another swordfighter. B<

Sorry about the rant but really it's getting ridiculous in my opinion.

Oh trust me, you aren't alone. I'm guessing the salt is causing denial even though not only did everyone see Corrin use his dragon form a lot in his moveset, but Sakurai himself said, " his sword is not his primary way of attacking".

So just because he holds a sword (which looks like a freakin' awesome chainsaw...or...CHAINSWORD... :3 ) makes him "Another sword fighter"? Yeah, right.

Just give it a month or two, a good amount of saltiness will clear up by then...hopefully...

(Although to be fair, I knew many people would be greatly salty regardless when this final smash direct was shown.)

Edited by Busterman64

His appearance definitely doesn't feel appropriate. After all, Fire Emblem wasn't exactly neglected this time and I doubt that the smash community wanted him. And inside of the FE fanbase, he seems to be far less popular then Robin.

Personally I was rather unhappy about this reveal. But I was quickly able to see the bright sight of things, so now I am glad that he is coming and I can hardly wait. It's going to be nice to have a Waifu Emblem character who is more proactive about being a shitty human being, instead of being merely unemphatic like Robin. I mean, it's not really Robin's fault that she has no empathy and yet is in a position were she makes decisions that affect countless lives. If she wasn't with Chrom, she wouldn't really cause harm to anybody except for men with an insufficient wardrobe. So beating Kamui is going to be far more satisfying then her.

Could you please, PLEASE stop overreacting and take a chill-pill?

The fact that you are talking about a video game character like it's the shittiest person you've ever heard of in your life has me equal parts disturbed and confused. Characters aren't real people; the best just seem like it.

I think I heard someone call him a "Mary Sue". Don't know why...probably something to do with Fates...or saltiness , but who knows for sure. I certainly don't. :3

Kamui's a Mary Sue. Nothing they do is "wrong", and even if it is "wrong" it's downplayed or handwaved. The game worships them; everybody who doesn't love them after two chapters is a late-game boss.

Though some of us take things too seriously, Corrin is a crappy Gary Stu of a protagonist. Hopefully the localization can do something to tone things down, but I'm not holding my breath.

Could you please, PLEASE stop overreacting and take a chill-pill?

The fact that you are talking about a video game character like it's the shittiest person you've ever heard of in your life has me equal parts disturbed and confused. Characters aren't real people; the best just seem like it.

I'm not sure I can follow you here. How am I talking about him as if he was a real person? Or overreacting for that matter. I think I am a bit more chatty as usual because I am in such a good mood due to Cloud already being released, Midgar being much better then I expected and two more DLC characters being on the way, one of them who is Platinum's Bayonetta. But I don't really see a need for me to take a "chill pill".

I'm not sure I can follow you here. How am I talking about him as if he was a real person? Or overreacting for that matter. I think I am a bit more chatty as usual because I am in such a good mood due to Cloud already being released, Midgar being much better then I expected and two more DLC characters being on the way, one of them who is Platinum's Bayonetta. But I don't really see a need for me to take a "chill pill".

*cough*

"...more proactive about being a shitty human being..."

*cough*

I myself may have over-reacted a bit to your comment as well; there'd already been more than enough salt, and the post was partially addressed to everybody reading. I based things off of certain past comments of yours, which came off as extremely negative and taking things way too seriously.

*cough*

"...more proactive about being a shitty human being..."

*cough*

I myself may have over-reacted a bit to your comment as well; there'd already been more than enough salt, and the post was partially addressed to everybody reading. I based things off of certain past comments of yours, which came off as extremely negative and taking things way too seriously.

I suppose it's possible that I am missing some nuances from the English language here, but I don't have the impression that referring to a human character as a "human being" implies that one thinks that they are real people.

@OP

I think corrin's addition is great. His moveset looks insanely fun to play and it seems like he's not dependant on his sword as other sword users are which is nice.

I honestly want smash 4 because of corrin. Never felt that way about any other character announced 'til him.

I suppose it's possible that I am missing some nuances from the English language here, but I don't have the impression that referring to a human character as a "human being" implies that one thinks that they are real people.

Tone and precedence made me interpret it as such.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, December 16, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, December 16, 2015 - No reason given

EDIT: Holy shit, I posted in the wrong topic. Apologies. Please delete.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

I just want to enjoy the game and not bicker over who made it in

besides, Corrin looks like an awsome new fighter

After Corrin and Bayonetta are released, I'm sure people will be a bit more calm and actually give who is there in the game a chance...I hope...

Hmmm, I'm more perplexed than irritated to be honest, after all, more characters is always good to have.

But still, we could have Shovel knight, Shantae, Quote, SImon, Sigurd, Ephraim whatever, and we gain Kamui, from the very very recent FEIF (No shit, Myself.) and Bayonetta,, who I know only by name, and I pretty much don't care actually, I don't have a Wiiu or anything.

Also:

1 - I really love the Yatogami that Kamui wield.
2 - I don't like that FemKamui's legs are in full skin tight, yeah, I'm the dude who hadnothing against the panty shot and the part of the legs being bare. In fact, I enjoyed it design wise. And no, not for any perverse reasons.

There are definitely other Fire Emblem characters I would have loved to see before Corrin (like Lyn and Ephraim), but I'm okay with it. I can understand why they selected Corrin, Corrin does bring something new and unique to the table and I appreciate that they thought of it. Corrin looked pretty cool in the trailer, so I eagerly anticipate trying 'em out.

I don't think FE has too many characters, and honestly it irks me when people whine about it. Yes, I'd love to get another Zelda character, such as Impa or Vaati. And I'd love to have more Donkey Kong characters, such as Dixie Kong and King K. Rool. And I do agree that both Zelda and DK could use more characters! But seriously, so what if FE has more characters than those series? FE has been around for a long time, and I would argue that it's one of Nintendo's big franchises. It's had consistent releases since its inception! It has had more consistent releases than some of Nintendo's other big franchises, such as Metroid. You could say it never sold as well as other series, but neither did Star Fox, and that's still considered a big franchise. If your group every character Pokemon and Zelda have had, from every Smash game, then FE has less characters than Pokemon and the same amount as Zelda. And it of course has less than Mario. Until it has more than Mario, I don't think the "FE has too many characters" argument holds any merit.

And people complaining about Corrin's default being male...seriously? That's one of the absolute worst and silliest complaints I have ever seen for any video game ever. It's a self-insert, you can play as the female variant at any time, who cares what the default is? Just pick your favorite and go with it! It's not an issue, not even one tiny little bit. It is not at all sidelining women or telling them they're less important, that's being ridiculously overly-analytical and critical. I mean, the vast majority of characters on my wishlist are female (Lyn, Daisy, Dixie Kong, Medusa, Impa, Micaiah, etc.), but please...keep your feminism bullcrap out of Smash Bros., okay? If you're main complaint is that there isn't a female Corrin amiibo, well then I recommend you just wait. I'm POSITIVE they'll make one, I am absolutely sure of it. There's so much money to be made off of it, and c'mon they've made two variations of R.O.B. already! They'll make female Corrin/Robin/Villager and male Wii Fit Trainer and such eventually.

Besides, since I never touched Roy and don't plan to, I'll only have five FE characters in my game instead of six. :P

Your loss, Roy really is awesome, they did an excellent job with him.

Seeing all the salt in my twitter feed over more Fire Emblem reps made me do this

7HwxlUZ.jpg

(more FE reps weren't necessary but Corrin looks like a blast to play so I'm down with it)

S A M E. Wow...this post speaks to me on a cosmic level. At first, i was like "W H A T T H E A C T U A L F U C K" but the salt is getting me really excited for Kamui...just to spite them all! Aahahahahaha

The only hateboner I have for the character is their English name and voice.

Their voice is fine. But im with you on the name. I actually really dislike the name Corrin. And to have it fully, utterly, and irreversibly confirmed to be their english name, i was like "Oh Odin's balls!"