Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Honnestly, even if Z moves and Alola Forms were Gen I only (which isn't confirmed yet), then... Why would it be a problem ?

It practically is confirmed at this point, though. And it's a big problem because there are 5 other generations of Pokemon they could be paying attention to. We didn't have 20 years of Pokemon just because of the gen 1 games, but also because of the rest of the generations as well.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It practically is confirmed at this point, though. And it's a big problem because there are 5 other generations of Pokemon they could be paying attention to. We didn't have 20 years of Pokemon just because of the gen 1 games, but also because of the rest of the generations as well.

What?

The Chinese leaker, who's practically confirmed to be legit at this point, has listed a hand full of Pokemon from other generations as Alolan Form recipients.

Until this guy gets a solid hit to his credibility, I'm touting him as legit.

We didn't have 20 years of Pokemon just because of the gen 1 games, but also because of the rest of the generations as well.

Except without the absurb popularity of the original gen I games the series probably wouldn't have continued for so long, or even had any games beyond GSC from what I understand.

Like it or not gen I is always going to have a special status that the rest can never have, simply by the virtue of having started everything.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/attachments/pokemon-sm-have-mega-1-jpg.70154/

http://www.smogon.com/forums/attachments/pokemon-sm-have-mega-2-jpg.70155/

Megas confirmed back. Guys on Smogon are saying that this says that Jangmo-o's soundproof can block Mega Gardevoir's and Sylveon's Hyper Voice.

Always thought people like ShadyPenguinn who honestly expected them to be axed after only being around for one generation and feeding merchandise sales were a little... out-there.

Megas confirmed back. Guys on Smogon are saying that this says that Jangmo-o's soundproof can block Mega Gardevoir's and Sylveon's Hyper Voice.

Always thought people like ShadyPenguinn who honestly expected them to be axed after only being around for one generation and feeding merchandise sales were a little... out-there.

Can we get an actual source for where those screenshots came from?

Then they will most likely keep Moonblast. or hyper beam for lulz

What?

The Chinese leaker, who's practically confirmed to be legit at this point, has listed a hand full of Pokemon from other generations as Alolan Form recipients.

Until this guy gets a solid hit to his credibility, I'm touting him as legit.

And after the Gematsu business with Smash Bros., I'm not pegging any leaker as legit until every single thing they say is proven to be true. Gematsu seemed to be legit...until Chrom was deconfirmed (and later, the Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven). So even leakers who look pretty reliable can be wrong.

Edited by Anacybele

And after the Gematsu business with Smash Bros., I'm not pegging any leaker as legit until every single thing they say is proven to be true. Gematsu seemed to be legit...until Chrom was deconfirmed (and later, the Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven). So even leakers who look pretty reliable can be wrong.

Well, when you're raising up a storm about Alolan Forms being purely genwunner pandering while there's a realistic possibility to the contrary, I'm going to throw that possibility out there.

This isn't a Gematsu leak deal- considering we have "fake" concept that has been forcibly removed, this seems like more of an ESRB leak deal. The one that turned out to be real.

True, it's not 100% verified, but it has a whole lot going for it.

I don't want to argue with you- I'm open to the possibility of being wrong. I believe that there will be more Alolan forms than just Gen I stuff, and that they've shown exclusively Gen I stuff off up to this point to cash in on nostalgia and Go hype.

God dammit, mega are stupid, why bringing them back?

Because a lot of people don't think they're stupid maybe. Just a thought.

Personally, I can take them or leave them, but I still don't know where that news comes from, so who knows whether it's offical or not.

Edited by Shuuda

Well, when you're raising up a storm about Alolan Forms being purely genwunner pandering while there's a realistic possibility to the contrary, I'm going to throw that possibility out there.

This isn't a Gematsu leak deal- considering we have "fake" concept that has been forcibly removed, this seems like more of an ESRB leak deal. The one that turned out to be real.

True, it's not 100% verified, but it has a whole lot going for it.

I don't want to argue with you- I'm open to the possibility of being wrong. I believe that there will be more Alolan forms than just Gen I stuff, and that they've shown exclusively Gen I stuff off up to this point to cash in on nostalgia and Go hype.

I'm not trying to argue with you either. I didn't mean that there was a 100% chance we'd see Alolan forms for no Pokemon except for those from gen 1, I mean that it's very very likely at this point.

And I equate the Chinese leak to the Gematsu leak because they're both text leaks. The ESRB leaks were actual footage, which is much harder to fake, even harder than artwork like those concept art leaks. Text is just that, text. I can easily go around saying "I found a document that says Grimer and Muk are getting new poop-like forms!" But I have no skills in making fake screenshots or footage.

EDIT: Mega forms are awesome. I admit I wish we'd get some new ones for more Pokemon that probably need them (and more Pokemon that I like, of course. :P), but I love Mega evolution!

Edited by Anacybele

Well, the best on those cases is to suspend our judgement (in less than 2 months, at least, we'll be fixed anyway.)

If Megas are back, I hope Gen V (and VI actually) get more love. Because Gen V's only Mega is the lamest of them all, and that's pretty sad.

Because a lot of people don't think they're stupid maybe. Just a thought.

Personally, I can take them or leave them, but I still don't know where that news comes from, so who knows whether it's offical or not.

I know but I think some mega just brought more problems instead of fixing them (Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile).

Or others were just fanservice like X and Y Charizards, X and Y Mewtwos and Lopunny (literally).

There's also a few mega that no one really cares about.

And don't get me started on Primals.

Edited by Nym

We can hope! Ninetales is my favorite Gen 1 mon, so I really really do hope so, after its competitive viability was taken away by Charizard Y just one gen after it was a drought mon haha.

Zard didn't take over Ninetales really

Ninetales just happen to be so garbage, the only reason it manage to stay around is because Venusaur in Gen 5 was the most broken thing ever made(and a big reason for this is because Grass is broken-by-design. Compare water that have Scald, Surf, Pump, Waterfall vs Grass with Petal Blizzard, Power Whip, Seed Bomb, Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Leech Seed, and Sleep Powder)

Toed is still somewhat around and probably would still be after Mega Drizz mon is introduced because its decent just because Water type is broken as fuck

Also Main problem on Mega for me is really those "good Pokemon + Broken ability" that shouldn't exist

Mega Salamence would be legitimate garbage if you didn't give it Aerialate over any other ability that is good. And we already see too much proof of how garbage Dragon type really is in vacuum(Palkia basically lost its Water type in ORAS)

Primal is just hilarious. Gamefreak basically only give Groudon and Ray an upgrade, while Kyogre basically gets nothing

Edited by JSND

Well, the best on those cases is to suspend our judgement (in less than 2 months, at least, we'll be fixed anyway.)

If Megas are back, I hope Gen V (and VI actually) get more love. Because Gen V's only Mega is the lamest of them all, and that's pretty sad.

Mega Galvantula... Mega Liligant... Mega Haxorus (all the hax)... Mega Pangoro... Mega Heliolisk... don't get my hopes up.

I'm not trying to argue with you either. I didn't mean that there was a 100% chance we'd see Alolan forms for no Pokemon except for those from gen 1, I mean that it's very very likely at this point.

And I equate the Chinese leak to the Gematsu leak because they're both text leaks. The ESRB leaks were actual footage, which is much harder to fake, even harder than artwork like those concept art leaks. Text is just that, text. I can easily go around saying "I found a document that says Grimer and Muk are getting new poop-like forms!" But I have no skills in making fake screenshots or footage.

And what I mean is that it's very, very likely not the case that Alolan forms aren't exclusive to Gen 1 Pokemon.

To give you a rundown, the leak isn't text-only- the starter artwork (the one that has Mallow in the Litten evo pic) is from it. The leaker predicted a sea cucumber pokemon, a rugby monkey pokemon, Alolan forms, poke ride, and a lot more.

They also like giving image clues to a lot of things.

They have posted posted pictures:

-of Pyroar and Zubat before Solgaleo and Lunala were revealed

-A picture of Pikachu covered in a sheet before Mimikyu was revealed

-An image of rock-paper-scissors and innards before Pyukumuku was revealed

-Images of a sand castle and shovel before Sandyghast and Palossand were revealed

-An image of a skeleton on a cloth before Team Skull was revealed

One or two of those things could've been just luck- but all that, from one source, really makes it hard to argue with. The general consensus about the Gematsu leaker was that he was working off of incomplete and outdated information- the only thing the Chinese leaker has said that doesn't seem likely was that the games would be about the forming of the Alolan Pokemon League (which was just half of things- the other half was that there wouldn't be gyms or a league, and what do you know?).

Sun and Moon are the first games in the series to be officially released in China- the fact that the leaker is posting on Chinese forms and has been shockingly accurate has me almost certain that they're part of the Chinese localization team.

Edited by The DanMan

I do agree that Charizard and Mewtwo did not need two forms, and that Mega Kangaskhan seems too broken, but I still like the concept of Mega evolution overall.

And I also hope more Pokemon from gens lacking in Megas get some. Mega Zebstrika and Megas for the Sinnoh starters are some of my most wanted.

EDIT: I don't remember anything saying the Chinese leaker was behind the concept art or any screenshots/footage. I've yet to see proof of this. I've only seen text from this leaker. And if they were part of the localization team, they'd probably be fired by now.

Edited by Anacybele

The idea that megas were removed entirely was silly to begin with. At worst they were going to not introduce any new megas(which could still potentially be possible). They are overall very popular, despite some detractors, are a way to give fresh life to bad or mediocre mons(sure, some didn't need them, but Pokemon like Pidgeot, Lopunny and Beedrill all benefited greatly from mega forms), and flat out removing them would erase Gen 6's largest contribution to the battle system, which they've never done before.

Mega that really should happen is Mega Flygon(and Bisharp)

Mainly because GF already promised and alluded it during ORAS

Bufffing Flygon is a lost cause because Gamefreak perfected/power creeped Flygon with Landorus Therian so it need Mega too

I also lowkey want Mega Drudiggon

Edited by JSND

Mega Liligant

give that to me now

i want it

i dont care if megas are broken just give me that

I still really, really hope they do something to tone down Megas. Turn limits, or really just generally balancing them would be nice. Or maybe just not being able to both use a Mega and a Z-Move in the same match.

give that to me now

i want it

i dont care if megas are broken just give me that

I've recently fallen in love with Liligant in my White re-play, hence why I mentioned it.

Anyways, the source on the Jangmo-o stuff has been identified:V-Jump magazine.

Rough translation (credit to Nintendo Life user Maxz):

"Are you anticipating the new Dragon Pokémon Jangmo-o's role in battle!?

Jangmo-o

Type: Dragon

Ability: Bulletproof/Soundproof

Introducing a new Pokemon with an impressive heart-shaped scale affixed to its brow: Jangmo-o. One feature you should observe is its ability "Soundproof"! Having this ability means soundbased moves are ineffective. That is to say, attacks that wield extreme power in battle such as "Hyper Voice" are negated! Many people teach "Hyper Voice" to Pokémon such as Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir, so when this Pokémon appears on the field, the circumstances of battle might change drastically. In addition, sound-based moves can normally break through a substitute, but with Soundproof there's no need to worry! Being able to stably use Substitute is a pretty big bonus! Also, I'd like to note how Jangmo-o seems like it could be bequeathed an evolution. Dragon Type Pokémon's final evolutions are normally high-ability, so I imagine many people will come to use it in battle."

Edited by The DanMan