Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Hmm... I guess since we're kinda at that point before big Starter evolution reveals will probably happen...

Which starter did you originally chose, and have you switched yet?

I've stuck with Rowlet myself, although if the Sun version of the final Evolution sucks I'll probably switch to Popplio.

Also, have we been given another date for more reveals or not? Just curious, since the last 7 or so reveals, I didn't know about them until a day or two before they happened.

Eh, honestly, none of them really appealed to me. I figured I'd start with either Popplio because I generally always pick the Water starters, or Rowlet because it looked the least-bad. But I've been waiting to see what the final evolutions will be, that's what determines it for me usually.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and I gotta say I love how the Moon monkey is totally a Zhuge Liang reference. I chuckled at that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught onto the feathered fan possibly being a nod to Zhuge Liang.

I've been seeing certain people say that the starters have a different secret from Rockruff, due to a tweet by Serebii Joe with updated wording on the English translation of that line. Basically, it was originally translated as "both Rockruff and the starters share a secret", while it's actually "Rockruff and the starters both have a secret."

However! The correct translation doesn't disprove the first- on the contrary, if they had two different secrets why would they tease both of them simultaneously? Furthering this is the fact that the line was in it's own separate bubble on the bottom of the page showing the artwork of all four 'mons in question.

Tl;DR Despite a better translation and updated wording, I don't believe that anything his disproven the (IMO) likely possibility of the starters having different forms depending on the version.

Honestly though, considering in the Japanese trailer we see Midnight form Lycanroc isn't very defensive at all, I have to wonder if these forms will even have any statistical differences- they may just be movepool/(hidden) ability/aesthetic differences. I'm hoping not, and am still hoping for different typings, but my hopes are being tempered.

Edited by The DanMan

Unless Rowlet's actual final evolution form is plain hideous, I'm sticking with Rowlet. Also getting Sun version because someone said that the legendary for Sun looks like a Zord and now I can't un-see it and I like Power Rangers.

I do find it really odd, though, that I've been going for grass starters lately. When I first was into Pokemon (some 15+ years ago), I was more into fire types, but I've only ever picked grass starters (unless you count the Charmander you get in Y as a starter).

Speaking of which, I got Alpha Sapphire today and (as implied above) picked Treecko.

Unless Rowlet's actual final evolution form is plain hideous, I'm sticking with Rowlet. Also getting Sun version because someone said that the legendary for Sun looks like a Zord and now I can't un-see it and I like Power Rangers.

I saw it as either a Zord or ZOID, gotta get the Power Rangers color scheme for the team too totally.

Moon is going to be my main copy (the completion file that I'll you for online battles), I really love the way day & night is going to be, something really different.

I'm picking Rowlet, although, if I'm not crazy about the other water pokemon in this game, I'll pick Popplio. I like having something that can Surf.

Also, I'm happy that trainer customization is back. Hopefully mega's comeback as well.

Also, I'm happy that trainer customization is back. Hopefully mega's comeback as well.

I swear to god if there's no light blue option the for hair I will kill someone.

I think I'll like the new customization. I bet the girls will probably still have better options than guys, but as long as we have something, I'm fine with it.

Even with the limited options in XY, I still managed to make something work with the Male options.

I swear to god if there's no light blue option the for hair I will kill someone.

I think I'll like the new customization. I bet the girls will probably still have better options than guys, but as long as we have something, I'm fine with it.

Even with the limited options in XY, I still managed to make something work with the Male options.

Honestly, I'm waiting for them to just take a page out of NuFE's avatar system and actually let you fully customize and create the PC from the start.

I could say more, but I'm still trying to process the mixture of genius and BS that is Gnoggin's most recent Pokemon video.

I love those long pigtails the girl can have! I'll probably go for those. ^^

Of course the girls will have more options. They do in real life too between all the ways we can do our hair and the different clothing options we wear a lot, like skirts and dresses. Although, I do think it could still be balanced out by having the guys able to choose from more shirts and pants.

I love those long pigtails the girl can have! I'll probably go for those. ^^

Of course the girls will have more options. They do in real life too between all the ways we can do our hair and the different clothing options we wear a lot, like skirts and dresses. Although, I do think it could still be balanced out by having the guys able to choose from more shirts and pants.

I meant more with hair actually. Clothing makes sense, but guys always get jipped with hair. Seriously, we had what, 4 hair options in XY, and they were all the same? Girls had 6 varying options and even 2 bang styles, and will have even more in Sun and Moon. Why can't WE have long hair?

I might go with pigtails too when I make my female protag, although there'll probably be something else that peaks my interests. The moment proper twintails and red hair are options, I'll have my answer.

Also can I say, YES NO REQUIRED HAT!

Calem/Serena didn't need one, why did we?

Edited by TrueEm

noticed something lycanruff moon is basically Keaton, lycanruff sun is kaden.

I noticed a bit of a resemblance too. And when you add the fact that Solgaleo's forehead symbol looks like Hoshido's... Yeah, I think GameFreak was taking inspiration from Fates, maybe as a jab at FE taking the two versions idea. lol

Honestly I'm content if they add snazzy tuxes and vests for guys.

And poofy dresses for girls.

...I've got strange tastes in fashion, okay.

How is that strange?

I'd be so down for both of those.

I saw it as either a Zord or ZOID, gotta get the Power Rangers color scheme for the team too totally.

Thats it, time to make Power Rangers Godsquad

Red Tortunator Head

Yellow Tapu Koko Torso

Blue Crabrawler Arms

Green Rowlet Arm Joint

White Solgaleo Leg

Megazord - Zygarde 100%

Edited by JSND