Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But nothing came from datamining...

It's always best to err on the side of caution.

Edit:

They've found things like "only two more Alolan form lines" in there- it's reasonable to think there could be more info like that.

Edited by The DanMan

Edit:

They've found things like "only two more Alolan form lines" in there- it's reasonable to think there could be more info like that.

Everything got dummied, so no stats, names, or movepools.

I don't even know how they found that.

I played the demo this morning and....its surprisingly lame. Maybe the Bravely Second demo spoiled me, but there was just not enough to do in this demo.

You start with the special Greninja and a Pikachu helps out later on in the demo, but other then that you really should't get your hopes up. You have a place where you can catch some pokemon like Rockruff, Pikipek and Pikachu, but you have to free them when leaving the area so its pretty worthless.

The main story of the demo is ok, if a little bit easy thanks to Greninja. After that you can do some riding around on a Tauros, do 3 trainer battles and catch some pokemon that you have to release very soon. There's not too much to do.

Downloading the demo now, so it should be available for NA.

Edit: Dang, I even beat Serebii to the punch in announcing it.

Edited by Dai

Well, with the demo officially out, I can post some stuff.

The special Greinja has Hardy nature, 20/31/20/31/20/31 IVs and 0/126/0/126/0/252 EVs. You can check EVs with Y, and when EVs in a stat is maxed it sparkles.

With Water Shuriken being special now that helps Greninja a little (don't know how much because of inconsistency of hits) and Accelgor hopefully a good bit.

Also a fun reference with Greninja's meet day being 10/17/2013 and Ash's ID being 131017, referencing the date the XY series debuted.

Edited by Konnor97

It appears I won't be able to play this demo, sadly. I can't seem to figure out my SD card problem and I can't find an answer to it. The one in my system has no room left. I got a new one, but I can't seem to use any data I bring from the old card except Zelda: Four Swords for some reason (it wouldn't affect the demo, but I'm not rebuying and redownloading all that shit).

If I'd known the SD card the system came with was so tiny, I'd have upgraded ages ago.

Edited by Anacybele

It appears I won't be able to play this demo, sadly. I can't seem to figure out my SD card problem and I can't find an answer to it. The one in my system has no room left. I got a new one, but I can't seem to use any data I bring from the old card except Zelda: Four Swords for some reason (it wouldn't affect the demo, but I'm not rebuying and redownloading all that shit).

If I'd known the SD card the system came with was so tiny, I'd have upgraded ages ago.

Aren't purchases linked to NNID?

So gamexplain has a new video where Ash more thoroughly explored the first half hour of the game, removing some details to hide spoilers, but apparently a nintendo rep fairly confidently stated that

Pokeride replaces using HMs to get around. You can transfer pokemon that knew HM moves like Surf or Fly over to SM, but they have no outside of battle use. We know that Wishiwashi has Surf at least from the version exclusives trailer, but we'll have to see about TMs or move tutors for other pokemon.

Oh yeah, I don't know if anyone has posted this but, "The next Pokémon Sun & Moon information is to be released on October 27th at 22:00 JST which is 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT, 06:00 PDT."

So Polygon just revealed what the mysterious pokemon Lillie has. I don't know if they could considering the guys at gamexplain couldn't though. For those that follow the leak thread it's

That galaxy looking thing before Solgaleo/Lunaala.

More demo whatever. Ash Greninja has 132 Attack, 137 Special Attack, and 133 Speed, with the other stats unchanged. This is a 51 point boost to Attack for base 146, 50 point boost to Special Attack for base 153, and 10 point boost to Speed for base 132. It's definitely 51 points for attack as a 50 point boost is 131 Attack.

If you're mid battle and check your pokemon's summary it shows experience gained this level and what's needed overall to level up. So for example my Greninja is 2768/3801.

Edited by Konnor97

So gamexplain has a new video where Ash more thoroughly explored the first half hour of the game, removing some details to hide spoilers, but apparently a nintendo rep fairly confidently stated that

Pokeride replaces using HMs to get around. You can transfer pokemon that knew HM moves like Surf or Fly over to SM, but they have no outside of battle use. We know that Wishiwashi has Surf at least from the version exclusives trailer, but we'll have to see about TMs or move tutors for other pokemon.

Oh yeah, I don't know if anyone has posted this but, "The next Pokémon Sun & Moon information is to be released on October 27th at 22:00 JST which is 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT, 06:00 PDT."

So Polygon just revealed what the mysterious pokemon Lillie has. I don't know if they could considering the guys at gamexplain couldn't though. For those that follow the leak thread it's

That galaxy looking thing before Solgaleo/Lunaala.

Interesting. Very interesting.

Pupa forms for cover legendaries is an interesting concept- kinda reminds me of the dark and light stones from Gen V.

So no more HM and HM slaves? About time. I was tired of having to lug around dead weight 'mons just to be prepared for the Cut trees and Rock Smash rocks. Rejoice, Zigzagoon and Bidoof. No longer are you HM Slaves . . . Now you are Free 'Mons.

No more HM slaves makes me very, very happy. Now I can put whoever I want in my team and not have to constantly switch everyone around. I think I'm gonna cry...

A new age, a greater age of Pokemon... a Pokemon where we can do Jojo poses, tame chimeras, and wear glove world hats.

It's the game I've been waiting for.

i seriously can't wait for this game

A new age, a greater age of Pokemon... a Pokemon where we can do Jojo poses, tame chimeras, and wear glove world hats.

pokemon is officially the best series now

In all seriousness, I didn't even make that connection. They really are, aren't they.

Also I'm mostly hyped about this game's exploration. That's about 50% of the fun to me with every new game. The last 50% is trying to Nuzlocke it until I get bored of the format and reset to do a normal playthrough.

Not gonna lie, the use of HMs is something I'll miss. Now, I still think that making them forced moves was a problem that had to be solved, and I know I've not been watching said videos, but the use of field moves was something I never hated. HM slaves were an awkward thing for me, as I always went for a full team though.

(Making a pokemon capable of using the field move regardless would have been my idea (as in members of your party), but if that's the case then neat. (Again, not seen the videos))

Also, I might just get hype after playing the demo (I have not yet done so).

No, which is dumb. I checked the theme shop and eShop and both showed my past purchases as not purchased when I changed cards.

Purchases are linked to the NNID so you did something wrong.

Did you copy the data over to your new SD card? If you just stick the new one in, you will lose your saves. Use the copy feature of your computer.

Also if you buy anything to download on your new SD card, you'll fuck everything up with both SD cards so don't do it.

I've done this lots so send me a PM if you need help so we don't derail the thread.

Edited by Ema Skye

Purchases are linked to the NNID so you did something wrong.

Did you copy the data over to your new SD card? If you just stick the new one in, you will lose your saves. Use the copy feature of your computer.

Also if you buy anything to download on your new SD card, you'll fuck everything up with both SD cards so don't do it.

I've done this lots so send me a PM if you need help so we don't derail the thread.

I just figured out what I had to do and successfully finished the data move, so I'm all good to go here now! It took a little experimenting. But I can get the demo after all! And save some more drawings from my Art Academy games and stuff. I've neglected to pick them back up mainly because I couldn't save my work anymore.

Btw, though it's semi-off topic, check out this card I just got. It's got to be the cutest card I've EVER seen.

14713678_1193003300764286_30734513875312

The WHOLE CARD is freaking adorable! Flareon's pose and expression, the hearts, the BOWS on the left edge of the CARD, there is nothing on it that isn't cute! Instant favorite card ever. Not to mention Flareon is my favorite Eeveelution AND it's what I'm dressing up as for Halloween!

Anyway, finally downloading the demo!