Fates 4Koma Kings Translations (COMPLETE)

Kirokan

now that I think about it,

why are the men in fates so attractive

Because in general, we care more about hot people. Also, fan art is a form of word of mouth, and you know what inspires a lot of fan art? Hot people. You know why some people will want to grab a copy of the game in question? You guessed it, because of the hot people in the fan art.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Laslow!

You know, the strange thing is that Laslow is both very attractive and, at least in Fates, a very good guy. If anything, I'd expect more people to act like Nina in this situation.

Plus that voice...

Because in general, we care more about hot people. Also, fan art is a form of word of mouth, and you know what inspires a lot of fan art? Hot people. You know why some people will want to grab a copy of the game in question? You guessed it, because of the hot people in the fan art.

It's also not easy to make an animated character look ugly without going to ridiculous extremes. I mean shit, even Zola doesn't look particularly unattractive

You know, the strange thing is that Laslow is both very attractive and, at least in Fates, a very good guy. If anything, I'd expect more people to act like Nina in this situation.

Well, for one, there's such a thing as being too forward. Also, he probably has terrible endgame.

It's also not easy to make an animated character look ugly without going to ridiculous extremes. I mean shit, even Zola doesn't look particularly unattractive

you sure about that

iy5NqRu.png

you sure about that

iy5NqRu.png

Huge forehead, missing teeth, unkempt hair, scrunched-up nose, tattered clothing, weird look in his eyes...need I go on?

I'm not saying that it's impossible, it's just that conveying attractiveness with drawn characters is difficult without going ridiculously far on either end of the spectrum.

Edited by Phillius

Well, for one, there's such a thing as being too forward. Also, he probably has terrible endgame.

If you really think about it, there is nothing wrong with asking people out for tea and some small talk. I believe this might be more on the way he asks the ladies. He is probably to showy about it. Instead of just going up normally, you would probably see him do an accent and be like "hey girl~". His intention is obvious and that is probably the reason why girls don't want to go out with him.

If you really think about it, there is nothing wrong with asking people out for tea and some small talk. I believe this might be more on the way he asks the ladies. He is probably to showy about it. Instead of just going up normally, you would probably see him do an accent and be like "hey girl~". His intention is obvious and that is probably the reason why girls don't want to go out with him.

It always bugged me as well why Laslow is so unpopular. He is a genuinely nice and caring guy with pretty looks so it probably is the way he handles himself. But then again, Soleil has no problem at all even with the same technique double standards anyone?

Maybe he should just follow the advice of an acquaintance of his and just be silent and smile.

Based on the few supports I've done with him, Laslow is unpopular because he asks every girl he meets out. And the exact same way too. In the anime dreamland of pure, innocent and eternal love.

And to be fair, stuff like

Avatar: How many women have you used these same lines on today?

Laslow: You would be the eighth, milady.

Avatar: I'm sure you'll have a fine trip into town alone.

does make him look kinda shallow.

It's an overplayed joke though. Also, I would guess Japanese values are to blame too, at least to some extent.

Based on the few supports I've done with him, Laslow is unpopular because he asks every girl he meets out. And the exact same way too. In the anime dreamland of pure, innocent and eternal love.

And to be fair, stuff like

does make him look kinda shallow.

It's an overplayed joke though. Also, I would guess Japanese values are to blame too, at least to some extent.

Well as least, with Japanese Inigo, there was alway an awkward tone to him, like it was uncomfortable to listen to him since he falls over himself. He is a lot better as Laslow, but the awkward tone is there. It is implied that the tone along with very obvious ulterior motives is why girls avoid him. You can also add that he can be a bit pushy into the factor as well.

English Laslow's reasons is that he might try too hard to impress someone, and to be fair, compare to his Japanese counterpart, who has only like 5% chance to get a date. The English side fares a lot better as he is a lot more successful, but is still unpopular. Instead of the awkward tone, he pushes his accent and impression to close for people to notice that he is very shallow.

Really all Laslow had to do, is walk up and just ask them normally without the compliments unless the moment is appropriate.

Edited by TanatatKnight

I have the opposite opinion as the left comic's Corrin, I purposely bring all my Raider weapons and Sophie to serious battles, and take screenshots of them in their underwear. I'm a terrible person.

I did always wonder why I don't get the money that Shura took back, even after sparing him. Did he chuck the money into the sea or something?

Well as least, with Japanese Inigo, there was alway an awkward tone to him, like it was uncomfortable to listen to him since he falls over himself. He is a lot better as Laslow, but the awkward tone is there. It is implied that the tone along with very obvious ulterior motives is why girls avoid him. You can also add that he can be a bit pushy into the factor as well.

English Laslow's reasons is that he might try too hard to impress someone, and to be fair, compare to his Japanese counterpart, who has only like 5% chance to get a date. The English side fares a lot better as he is a lot more successful, but is still unpopular. Instead of the awkward tone, he pushes his accent and impression to close for people to notice that he is very shallow.

Really all Laslow had to do, is walk up and just ask them normally without the compliments unless the moment is appropriate.

I'm not very familiar with his Japanese portrayal, but that's generally what I thought too, I think. While Laslow is actually a nice and likable person, he's also kind of socially awkward and covers it up by trying way too hard to be a suave ladies' man, which only makes things worse.

...But anyway, thanks again for the translations, Kirokan. I'm glad I'm not the only person who wondered where all that gold went.

Right comic: Corrin shows how she's better at shakedowns than the actual former bandit.

Left comic: ...I actually keep forgetting Sophie exists. Probably because I don't pair Silas with anyone anymore.