Fates 4Koma Kings Translations (COMPLETE)

Kirokan

Yeah, I hope Kirokan isn't getting the wrong idea about what's happening. We had two pages in a row and they sparked debate. Hopefully the next one will be different.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page 85 is up! Today we just get silly fun with the heavily accented Mozu(me) and misunderstandings xD

Yeah, I hope Kirokan isn't getting the wrong idea about what's happening. We had two pages in a row and they sparked debate. Hopefully the next one will be different.

No worries! Hopefully this one won't cause any issues, but I'll keep at it regardless : )

I think P.85 shows how bullshit the black and white morality in Fates is. Reina's a fricking sadist, yet the side she fights for is called peace-loving. Shows just how hypocritical Hoshido, and by extension, the narrative is.

On a more positive note, I love how the soldier agrees to join the army just to eat Mozume's food. Though, isn't that a Hoshidian soldier? Considering Oboro is part of the army, this comic either takes place in Birthright or Revelations, so fighting a Hoshidian doesn't make much sense. Then again, I'm analyzing a non-canon comic.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's a Nohrian soldier judging by his vest. I saw the headband, which I associate with the Myrmidon class, which I remembered became a Hoshidian class, hence the confusion.

Edited by RedRob

Ooh that's what happened in that comic!

It would be funny if Mozu's personal skill was the capture one... But you need a food item in order to use the skill! Haha, goo Mozu, your power it's good for every nation!

And lol with Kagero and Reina, they misunderstanding everything haha

It's interesting that in her own way, Reina is nearly as crazy and bloodthirsty as Peri is. But it's not as noticed as her Nohrian counterpart does. Perhaps due to her limited support options?

It's interesting that in her own way, Reina is nearly as crazy and bloodthirsty as Peri is. But it's not as noticed as her Nohrian counterpart does. Perhaps due to her limited support options?

At least Pieri has some mental trauma to explain her personality, yet there's no explanation for Reina, who's personality stands out more since she's from Hoshido.

Hoshido is not hypocritical lol. What's hypocritical is for Conquest fans to go off on tangents about how Hoshido is oh so great and yet there's characters like Reina. That suddenly means that Hoshido is full of hypocritical people. That's just people's overwhelming Nohr bias. Hoshido is still better.

Solely Reina, by the way. Reina would be treated the same way as Peri if she actually had supports. It is most certainly not hypocrisy. It's the fact that Reina has zero supports. Hoshido certainly has better people than Nohr, Reina excluded.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

I think P.85 shows how bullshit the black and white morality in Fates is. Reina's a fricking sadist, yet the side she fights for is called peace-loving. Shows just how hypocritical Hoshido, and by extension, the narrative is.

On a more positive note, I love how the soldier agrees to join the army just to eat Mozume's food. Though, isn't that a Hoshidian soldier? Considering Oboro is part of the army, this comic either takes place in Birthright or Revelations, so fighting a Hoshidian doesn't make much sense. Then again, I'm analyzing a non-canon comic.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's a Nohrian soldier judging by his vest. I saw the headband, which I associate with the Myrmidon class, which I remembered became a Hoshidian class, hence the confusion.

My guess is that Reina saw some dark sh*t ( she seems kinda old) so maybe that would explain her sadist behaviour? I don't know it's just a speculation.

Well, the first comic was pretty funny at least. Also more chibi Oboro would be much appreciated.

Or its because Reina isn't going around murdering innocents for petty reasons like Peri does? Yes Reina's bloodthirsty and violent, but that never leaves the battlefield.

Why, it's almost like the morality of one individual out of dozens doesn't define the morality of an entire nation, which is exactly what people who defend Conquest argue.

Edited by AzureSen

Why, it's almost like the morality of one individual out of dozens doesn't define the morality of an entire nation, which is exactly what people who defend Conquest argue.

Fair enough, I just find it weird how the narrative paints Hoshido as having the moral high ground, while there's a Hoshidian character who wouldn't be too out of place in Nohr. And when did I say Nohr was better? If anything I was trying to indirectly argue that Hoshido wasn't that much better than Nohr in terms of morals, not that Nohr was better than Hoshido. Though, granted, I chose a poor way to argue that.

One should also note that Reina was Mikoto's retainer. A sadist was chosen by the Emmeryn expy to be her guard. That's pretty weird if you ask me.

Guys, can this please not become yet another "Let's shit on Fates' story" thread?

True. Sorry about my rants. Reina is a bit of a sore spot for me due to how she feels out of place in how Nohr and Hoshido are treated by the narrative. And I tend to have less of a inner censor when its night time. Again, I apologize.

Edited by RedRob

Fair enough, I just find it weird how the narrative paints Hoshido as having the moral high ground, while there's a Hoshidian character who wouldn't be too out of place in Nohr. And when did I say Nohr was better? If anything I was trying to indirectly argue that Hoshido wasn't that much better than Nohr in terms of morals, not that Nohr was better than Hoshido. Though, granted, I chose a poor way to argue that.

One should also note that Reina was Mikoto's retainer. A sadist was chosen by the Emmeryn expy to be her guard. That's pretty weird if you ask me.

(You have no idea how glad I am that this did not explode into a big thing.)

Sorry for putting words in your mouth. I just assumed because you brought up the whole black and white morality thing, which was my mistake.

I do have a couple of theories about Reina and why she was added, but that should be saved for another thread or PM.

Guys, can this please not become yet another "Let's shit on Fates' story" thread?

Yeah, I agree with this.

Edited by AzureSen

Ooh that's what happened in that comic!

It would be funny if Mozu's personal skill was the capture one... But you need a food item in order to use the skill! Haha, goo Mozu, your power it's good for every nation!

And lol with Kagero and Reina, they misunderstanding everything haha

Maybe food is how Mozu bribes the My Castle prisoners into joining if she's the prison guard.

At least Pieri has some mental trauma to explain her personality, yet there's no explanation for Reina, who's personality stands out more since she's from Hoshido.

The thing is, she's pretty normal outside of battle (as revealed in her avatar support). She's really more like what the pre-release character bio of Peri said she'd be like, with violent snaps on the battlefield but acting pretty normal off of it.

Kind of a shame that she's been flanderized like that.

This newest comic and the Peri/Reina discussion made me realize how Nohr and Hoshido have certain characters that are surprisingly similar, at least superficially. Aside from the obvious sibling comparisons and the already discussed Peri/Reina there's at least:

- Effie and Rinkah are both strong/muscular girls

- Beruka andSaizo are silent and serious assassin andninja

- Hayato and Nyx are kids (well, she's a lookalike) who're unhappy about being treated like a kid

- Camilla/Kage have certain similarities about their appearance (okay, this one was extra shallow)

I'm probably missing some others.

This newest comic and the Peri/Reina discussion made me realize how Nohr and Hoshido have certain characters that are surprisingly similar, at least superficially. Aside from the obvious sibling comparisons and the already discussed Peri/Reina there's at least:

- Effie and Rinkah are both strong/muscular girls

- Beruka andSaizo are silent and serious assassin andninja

- Hayato and Nyx are kids (well, she's a lookalike) who're unhappy about being treated like a kid

- Camilla/Kage have certain similarities about their appearance (okay, this one was extra shallow)

I'm probably missing some others.

There Odin and Hinata, cheerful young men who serve the youngest prince.

There's Effie and Hana, two strong women who are the best friend of the youngest princess.

There's Silas and Kaze, two young men who are connected to Corrin's past, and are loyal to them. They can also support with the oldest prince of their opposing nation.

There's Setsuna and Beruka, two quiet blue-haired women who serve the oldest princess.

I think the similarities are intentional.

Edited by Water Mage

I think the similarities are intentional.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I have to admit, I kind of forgot to consider the units that you get in both paths since, well, you get them in both paths.

Character comparisons straight from tvtropes.

Effie: To Hana. Both are female retainers who loyally serve the youngest royal sibling, who is their childhood friend.In their supports, Effie and Hana express admiration of each other's strength and speed, respectively, while also finding common ground in their loyalty to their princesses.

Arthur: To Subaki. Both are older male retainers who serve the youngest royal sibling with different standards and expectations of themselves and others. In Arthur's case, he was born with incredibly bad luck but remains optimistic and accepting of his flaws, meanwhile Subaki is very hard on himself if he is any less than perfect. Furthermore, Arthur is a manly hunk while Subaki is a bishonen.

Flora: to Scarlet. They both take part in a rebellion to free themselves from Nohrian rule, both of them are key figures in their respective rebellions, and both are in love with a man who does not return their feelings.

Nyx: To Hoshido's Hayato. Both are young prodigal magic users. While Hayato attempts to act like an adult to get attention, Nyx is an actual adult who appears very young due to a curse. One can support Nyx and Hayato together in the Revelation route, which reveals they are Not So Different.

Keaton: To Hoshido's Kaden. Both are leaders of a tribe of animal shapeshifters that can turn into a canine creature (in Keaton's case, a werewolf) and have carefree personalities, though Keaton is more energetic and a Nightmare Fetishist who isn't above killing (or even eating) those he doesn't like.

Hinata: The Hoshidan version of Odin. They're both Hotblooded, but overall friendly warriors serving the second prince of their nation.

Oboro: She's the Hoshidan equivalent to Niles, as the sharp tongued retainer to the second son. They were both orphaned at an early age, but Oboro is only cruel to Nohrians, while Niles puts up his facade in front of almost anyone.

Rinka:To Charlotte. Both women are very physical fighters and neither serves directly under the princes or princesses of their realms, but Rinkah is a tough and tomboyish young woman who doesn't seek human interaction whereas Charlotte is crude yet hides said crudeness under a cute facade and openly interacts with others.

Flora: to Scarlet. They both take part in a rebellion to free themselves from Nohrian rule, both of them are key figures in their respective rebellions, and both are in love with a man who does not return their feelings.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that in Revelation Ryoma does feel something for Scarlet? I don't think that there's any hints of a relationship between the two in Birthright though, from either of them.

Page 85 went places too huh? xD

Page 86 is up and we get Yukimura-being-creepy jokes again and then Oboro getting into twin-tailed fashion. xD

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that in Revelation Ryoma does feel something for Scarlet? I don't think that there's any hints of a relationship between the two in Birthright though, from either of them.

He seems pretty concerned for her, but it's not explored much beyond that. xD