Fates 4Koma Kings Translations (COMPLETE)

Kirokan

I know that I hate her brothers drooling over her more, because at least she doesn't drag anyone else down with her with the underwear joke.

You know, I've noticed something about how male Kamui and female Kamui are generally treated by fan works. And do keep in mind that I've only seen a small fraction of fan work, so maybe this isn't entirely accurate, but female Kamui seems to exist a hell of a lot more for shipping than the male one. A lot of her most common pairings or teases seem to be with her brothers, while the sisters bickering over male Kamui feel more like sisters arguing over whose brother Kamui is (except for Camilla who already has her own issues). Even with the servants, when they obsess over male Kamui it seems to be portrayed more as a joke and he wants to be more independent. Whereas with female Kamui the servants are just portrayed as being overly loyal and devoted and she tends to just take it all up like the moeblob that she is or something.

As a fanart addict who looks at Pixiv every day, I can confirm that this assessment is completely accurate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4487616/chapters/10201779

You might like this one.

It's a pretty good fic. Not perfect, but quite good.

It's Leo/Takumi, and it takes some liberties with the game's cannon, but it's a pretty interesting read, and Takumi is handled very well.

tl;dr :XD:

But seriously though, that was great.

the-godamn-batman-approves.jpg

tl;dr :XD:

But seriously though, that was great.

the-godamn-batman-approves.jpg

Glad you liked it, hope you read the rest.

It is quite long, I admit!

Should have said something earlier.

Edited by Water Mage

You know, I wonder how a joke about Corrin's underwear somehow turned into a discussion of double standards between Corrin's genders, female Corrin's perspective among fans, and finally Leo and Takumi's issues and the ethics of shipping Corrin with them. And also Ace Attorney.

This is true, but odd coming from someone who shamelessly ships Corrin with a certain blue-haired, 'troubled but cute' songstress.

Guess this page was just so disappointing we had to find something else to talk about instead.

Regarding that, while I do hardcore ship Corrin with Azura, I don't think them hooking up is magically going to fix Azura's problems. I usually don't see any of the other "troubled but cute" girls treated like Leo and Takumi in fanworks, either, where their issues are just an obstacle to be overcome and will disappear once their One Tru Wuv "fixes" them. It might go back to double standards and guys seeing a broken girl as someone to cuddle and soothe and help, while girls seeing a broken guy as someone to "fix".

Edited by Abvora

I think the reason I ship Takumi/Oboro so hard is because it is only in their supports that you see the part of him that isn't an insecure mess. For whatever reason, he doesn't feel insecure around her. But you really see his issues in his supports with everyone else, and it's going to take more than love (more like a buttload of therapy) until he's all right.

I find it interesting that you seem to feel that you have a better understanding of Takumi's character, yet wonder why Takumi is less insecure around Oboro. For what it's worth, Takumi/Oboro are my OTP (probably my only OTP in Fates), but for different reasons. I don't think Takumi really displays any more or less insecurity in his supports with Oboro than in several of his other supports, and I also think he's the most consistently written character across his supports (I'll leave out the mess of a story) in the game.

Anyway, I'll try not to derail the thread further! I feel pretty strongly about Takumi as a character but realise this isn't the topic to go in depth. I'd be happy to contribute to discussion elsewhere.

Whenever this 4koma is a hit, it's a hit.

Whenever it's a miss, it's a miss.

The fact that we have both on the same page just drives the point home.

I will probably sound like a complete dumbass but what is wrong with Takumi's character?

Some people don't like him because they see him as an asshole. Others tend to like him because he's arguably the most complex character in the game and is one of the few who doesn't bend over backwards for Corrin. Those are the more common reasons, anyway.

Some people don't like him because they see him as an asshole. Others tend to like him because he's arguably the most complex character in the game and is one of the few who doesn't bend over backwards for Corrin. Those are the more common reasons, anyway.

I see.. thanks for the explanation.

Uh...that went places! Not necessarily bad places though, so thanks for keeping it civil!

Page 84 is up, the start of a new chapter, with Male Corrin x Takumi jokes to...make up for yesterday's I guess! xD

EDIT: And for those who want to play AA, definitely buy the trilogy on your 3DS from the eShop. I've been seeing it get discounted often!

Edited by Kirokan

Holy shit this page is gold.

- the header image; just what? It's a little bizarre to be holding doll versions of your superiors, but why is Odin so upset?

Lord Corrin's sad face is too cute/hilarious for words.

Leo protesting - jealousy or fear?

Mamui is a precious cinnamon roll too good for this sinful earth.

And Nina looks so excited to see her fantasies play out, even if his intention is different from hers.

I find it interesting that you seem to feel that you have a better understanding of Takumi's character, yet wonder why Takumi is less insecure around Oboro. For what it's worth, Takumi/Oboro are my OTP (probably my only OTP in Fates), but for different reasons. I don't think Takumi really displays any more or less insecurity in his supports with Oboro than in several of his other supports, and I also think he's the most consistently written character across his supports (I'll leave out the mess of a story) in the game.

Anyway, I'll try not to derail the thread further! I feel pretty strongly about Takumi as a character but realise this isn't the topic to go in depth. I'd be happy to contribute to discussion elsewhere.

I'm not actually wondering why Takumi is less insecure around Oboro. I think I have a good idea and explanation of why he feels more comfortable around her than other people. At the very least, he comes off far less prickly and angry when he's around her. I just phrase things weird.

As for today's 4Koma … NO NINA, NO. THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE BROTHERS.

This pushing the characters' gimmick in places where it does not belong for the sake of fanservice is really pissing me off. I find Eponine as is in the game to be a rather deplorable character too.

Edited by Sunwoo

Yay! About time Nina showed up in the comic! Pretty cute drawing too.

As for today's 4Koma … NO NINA, NO. THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE BROTHERS.

This pushing the characters' gimmick in places where it does not belong for the sake of fanservice is really pissing me off. I find Eponine as is in the game to be a rather deplorable character too.

I don't know. It's fine not to like it, but I think you're getting a bit too angry over this. It's not like this comic is even canon.

Yay! About time Nina showed up in the comic! Pretty cute drawing too.

I don't know. It's fine not to like it, but I think you're getting a bit too angry over this. It's not like this comic is even canon.

You know, implying that I'm actually that mad is what's making me mad -_- Do you not know people who exaggerate things on the Internet or just when speaking? Kindly mind your own business.

I think there's a reason why there's so much focus on characters actually getting together, rather than the thing that follows; you don't have to get stuck on those nasty little details or portraying the hardships of two different people living together.

Also, people think sex solves personal issues? I get the feeling that the writers think sex is a lot more magical than it really is.

I get to wondering if those people who think sex solves all the problems, ever even had sex. Cuz like...lmao it often creates MORE problems.

I will probably sound like a complete dumbass but what is wrong with Takumi's character?

Nothing really. Hes just written better than most with a lot of facets that make him more interesting (like his self esteem issues, how he feels about Corn, etc). But this makes for a divisive character because people think hes a putzhammer where he really isnt etc.

Why couldnt they have had Eponine/Nina's character focus on the other aspect of her character in this comic? Like, shes kinda got this Robin Hood schtick, why not use that? Some of these comics are too focused on fanservice and making characters blush. Its a bit insulting to the characters. Theres more to them than that, even for funzie BS comics, come on.

You know, implying that I'm actually that mad is what's making me mad -_- Do you not know people who exaggerate things on the Internet or just when speaking? Kindly mind your own business.

And there are people who actually get that mad on the internet, and it's hard to tell the difference between the two when all there is are lines of text that could be interpreted in a bunch of different tones. If someone misinterpreted you, just explain that. No need for you to tell them to buzz off.

And there are people who actually get that mad on the internet, and it's hard to tell the difference between the two when all there is are lines of text that could be interpreted in a bunch of different tones. If someone misinterpreted you, just explain that. No need for you to tell them to buzz off.

Jave and I already talked this out and dropped it. Do not bring this back up. Period.

I get to wondering if those people who think sex solves all the problems, ever even had sex. Cuz like...lmao it often creates MORE problems.

I wanted to write that but I didn't want to generalize or sound condescending. But yes, definitely.

Well, also the details of two people living together are really boring.

Well, maybe I should've said "being" together, rather. I think there's a lot to explore there, too, but it's much harder than writing about two people falling in love, or at the very least there's not as much material to draw inspiration from. At least, that's the impression I have, but feel free to correct me on that.

It's nice to see debates, but jeez did I nearly decide to never come back to this forum and read the translated comics on Twitter instead. -.-

It's a forum, so debates are to be expected, but this thread's meant to be a positive one... sigh.