Morgan V Kana

I completely forgot about Midori and Percy, my bad. Is it fine if I respond to both of you at once? My position on Percy and Midori is basically this--I'm not comfortable with the use of either. I'm a little (barely) more tolerant of both just because their personalities are not as... toddler-like as Kanna's, but it's safe to say that both of their designs are rather young-looking. Even though we're talking about Morgan and Kanna, I think it's fair to bring up Midori and Percy--both fall under Fates' problem this time with trying to bring out parental instincts in their players. They're cute enough on their own but I'm just not very comfortable with using either. I understand how this is a personal preference however, so you can feel free to ignore my point about Kanna being a literal toddler if you wish.

As for Elise, Mitama, and Kisaragi... I would argue that they are all teenagers. Sure, they're probably young, but I'd hope for god's sakes that Elise is at least 15. As for Kisaragi, his interactions with his father seem to mimic that of a father trying to mentor his almost-adult son, and for Mitama, I admittedly don't have any reason besides just a general feeling from her supports, but I believe her to be at least 14. Still uncomfortable with a 14 year-old being on a battlefield, but that's Fire Emblem for you.

Fair enough. I just think it's a little weird when people go "Kana looks too young for the battlefield!" while never mentioning (or even thinking about) Percy/Midori.

For anyone saying Kiragi and Mitama are in the same group as Kana, Percy, and Midori. I dunno, I mean with Kiragi, I can see him being a few years older then them (at most) but with Mitama I really can't see it (I think it's mostly her hips and breasts but that might be her outfit). I can see her being short but nothing more.

I made this image to put Kiragi, Mitama, both Kanas, Midori, and Percy side by side for a better idea on their ages and/or how close in age they are.

[spoiler=Large Image]9XcP6cJ.jpg?2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiragi also appears to be a little bit taller than them; he is slouching over. I know height is not a definitive indicator of age but it helps a little bit.

I always saw Mitama as around 15-16; I never thought she was around Kana/Midori/Percy range. That's just me, though.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Kanna, Percy, and Midori all look like they are eight years old. And even though Percy and Midori act more "mature" than Kanna, they're still children who have no business being on a battlefield. Mitama could probably be a young teenager, but Kisaragi still looks like a kid. The only reason I haven't completely written him off as a kid is because even in the Japanese version his voice is rather deep, but by appearance and demeanor I'd put him at 10, 11.

Kisaragi could actually look younger than or the same age as Morgan, now that I think about it.

Edited by Sunwoo

Given the lukewarm reception of the kids in Fates and how much Intelligent Systems seem to value their popularity polls, I personally don't see them including kids in the next game. I mean, the most popular child character is number ten on the female side, and a lot of the kids are very far down the polls of both genders, which is very unlike Awakening's.

I can only hope you're right. I really REALLY do not want there to be another child system (unless there's a Genealogy-style timeskip).

Sadly, I'm more afraid that IS is going to succumb to thinking the fanservice the children system provides is more of a priority.

Female Morgan wasn't nice, but at least she had a personality.

You're right, being not exactly the kindest of people is more personality than literal moe blob :P:

Of the images. . .female Kana's waist-to-hip ratio is what I expect of someone that hasn't hit puberty yet. Male Kana's head seems to be a bit big for his shoulders, which is something that I'd expect out of a child.

Midori looks slightly older than Kana (face/head proportions), but it's impossible to say whether or not her hips have developed. Percy's head is a bit smaller in terms of his shoulders than Kana's, so I think Midori/Percy being roughly the same age is believable (but I still think they're way too young to marry).

Mitama has hips and boobs, and she always looked a bit older to me (16ish). Kiragi's personality is what I'd expect out of someone Midori's age, BUT shoulders seem to indicate that he's hit puberty. I'd put Mitama at a year or two older than Kiragi.

If I had to slap an age on Morgan, it would be between Midori and Kiragi.

I can only speak for the F!Morgans and F!Kannas. In my view (and what appears to be the conventional view) F!Morgan wins by a landslide.

I guess I just enjoyed Morgan's personality more. She's a obsessive (remembering mom, study tactics) psychotic (antagonizing taugels, taunting Inigo) and sweet (she tries to cheer up those around her) little bitch and I honestly found myself getting real defensive of her (not letting her get beyond A support with anyone) as if she was my own daughter. She felt like she was her own character, not another member of the "make the avatar perfect" brigade. The fact that I also see myself sharing many of her traits helped the bonding process.

Conversely, Kanna has had all personality other than "I love papa!" sanded off with an industrial strength sander used to refurbish M1 Abrams tanks. Her "personality" revolves around Corrin and I personally find that both annoying and infuriating.

All in all, Moe for moe's sake is an empty thing. And Kanna proves that.

Unlike Morgan who actually had a personality, Kana's is all about 'Wah ! Wah !' and 'Mama ! Papa !', Then again, the kiddos in Fates are all Awaky as hell, and it's not a good thing.
Then again, I don't really like Morgan's personality, M or F. F is a brat to not say worse, then again, it's better than Severa. M is... too blank.
Then again, I prefer Kana's design over Morgan's. (And thus, Kamui's design over Robin's.)

And then again, Morgan is apparently a better unit than Kana.

To be honest, I... don't know which one is better or worse.than the other. I would say that I slighty prefer Kana I guess ?...

One thing is sure, voting Thane for Godhood, for a better future, and for no Anankos.

Edited by B.Leu

One thing is sure, voting Thane for Godhood, for a better future, and for no Anankos.

The problem with Nohr and Valla is that when they send their villains, they don't send their best. They send their underlings, henchmen...

I'm calling it right now: IS is going to remake FE7 with the Avatar system. I believe this with my whole heart. I got my tin foil hat and flame shield ready for the Eliwood x Ninian vs. Eliwood x Fem!Mark shipping wars.

You've gone and done it. Now we'll have dozens of threads about what pairings to use in a hypothetical FE7 3DS remake and who would be the most popular waifu/husbando.

As for Kana vs Morgan....it's a no brainer for me: Morgan all the way. Nothing I can say that hasn't already been explained in details, Kana is unappealing both design and character wise and I've never even bothered with her. I'd marry Rhajat in a FemCorrin playthrough just to avoid Kana altogether.

Edited by LeDom

You've gone and done it. Now we'll have dozens of threads about what pairings to use in a hypothetic FE7 3DS remake and who would be the most popular waifu/husbando.

It will be Hector. Duh.

Don't worry. We will also get the child mechanic back, bringing the children from Binding Blade as playable units for this hot new remake. Infant Roy with his rapier and infant Lilina with her fire tome on the front lines. Baby pairings will become the new topic for Serenes Forest Forums.

I do love my Yen'fay!Morgan. Daddy is from different timeline. Morgan is from different timeline. Mommy is demon dragon vessel. The perfect family.

Also, what makes Morgan a better unit than Kana? Does it have to do with how they redid the system?

It's actually quite hard to pick. I love both of them.

I guess if I had to choose though, I'd pick Kana. He's so adorable, especially with that cute voice of his! Plus, I kinda prefer his design.

Though I will agree that Morgan definitely had more character to him.

Also, what makes Morgan a better unit than Kana? Does it have to do with how they redid the system?

first, yes, the system. Morgan has access to every class (minus a few gender locks), giving Morgan way more options. Skill buying mitigates it somewhat though

second, Kana's base growths are clearly worse than Corrin's and just low on average compared to other children/Gen1

thirdly, just by nature of being Avatar's child plus Awakening inheritance, Morgan likely has great bases (Avatar gets lots of use = lots of lvl ups = lots of increased base stats). Kana on the otherhand, while still a benefit from being Corrin's child, has good bonuses but Fates's inheritance means it's much smaller. plus her absolute Base Str is...really low. Base Mag is average. so kinda sucks being forced to Levin or reclassed to mage

Then I guess you could call yourself... a Marksman.

I think my computer actually tried to stop me from doing that joke.

That's remind me, the famous 'If you play as M!MU, you're screwed cuz you gonna have just one kid.' thing, that was problematic, but funny considering that it was the opposite in FEA. :p

You've gone and done it. Now we'll have dozens of threads about what pairings to use in a hypothetic FE7 3DS remake and who would be the most popular waifu/husbando.

Wait, wasn't that already done ? If not, Serenes Forest would severely disapoint me. (read: I would be genuinely impressed.)

FE7 remake sounds interesting but, I'd rather see a FE4 remake.

It will be Hector. Duh.

Don't worry. We will also get the child mechanic back, bringing the children from Binding Blade as playable units for this hot new remake. Infant Roy with his rapier and infant Lilina with her fire tome on the front lines. Baby pairings will become the new topic for Serenes Forest Forums.

I do love my Yen'fay!Morgan. Daddy is from different timeline. Morgan is from different timeline. Mommy is demon dragon vessel. The perfect family.

Hector. I approve your choice.

Well, you have a unit that is similar to Robin: able to nuke anything on sight, devour exp like a jeigan, good at everything no matter what, access to all classes/skills, except the sex-locked one... but with even better stats and more skills. Without trying.

How could anything in Fates beat that ?

Apparently, as M!Kamui +Mag -Def, I've read that if you marry a Ophelia or Rhajat mothered by Nyx or Orochi, you would get a good Onmyoji, but that's not the point, my point is, FEA, not really balanced, FEFates, balanced with a,iron chain for good mesure. (because we love it.) :p

Edited by B.Leu

I'm calling it right now: IS is going to remake FE7 with the Avatar system. I believe this with my whole heart. I got my tin foil hat and flame shield ready for the Eliwood x Ninian vs. Eliwood x Fem!Mark shipping wars.

Gonna throw fuel onto the fire by saying that if they were to remake FE7 and throw in the Avatar system, they'd pull an FE4 by making FE6 the "2nd generation" equivalent on the same cart with FE6's story rewritten somewhat to allow for the children characters who spawned from the FE7 pairings. Perhaps another Avatar would be used for the FE6 portion or that the Avatar made at the start of FE7 becomes the new Jagen or Malledus.

As for Morgan vs. Kana, I'm more of a fan of Morgan -- cuter and stronger and doesn't need a Fire Emblem deus ex machina.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Morgan, more reason to exist, more personality, a better unit

Kana is mostly just pairup bot bc i made avatar ninja or fighter talent of sth, has shitty stats

Morgan is a legit as fuck unit who's pretty central to a lot of my L+ strats

Gonna throw fuel onto the fire by saying that if they were to remake FE7 and throw in the Avatar system, they'd pull an FE4 by making FE6 the "2nd generation" equivalent on the same cart with FE6's story rewritten somewhat to allow for the children characters who spawned from the FE7 pairings. Perhaps another Avatar would be used for the FE6 portion or that the Avatar made at the start of FE7 becomes the new Jagen or Malledus.

... I'd play it.

And Ninian as the old/new Aqua/Lucina.

Kill me.

My past is bad enough already as Dancer Waifu Lord back in the late 2000's in this community.

I totally dislike kids messing around at war, it just doesn't make sense, they are kids. It's different with teenagers or young people, at best. Look at Erk, Nino, Rebecca, Florina, Priscilla, Neimi, Colm, Lute, Ewan, Ross, Amelia, among others, they are young but at least they are tolerable, but the kids in Awakening and Fates are terrible. Besides, their appearance is wtf, not like Genealogy where there was a well-found reason for them to join war and exist. That's why I don't like any of the recent children system. It makes literally no sense, just for the sake of marrying and having a baby? No.

Awakening still has some plot relevancy for children(returns to the past to save the world). Even though it may be only for Lucina, others can be more or less justified.

Children are really just extras on Fates though. The game's story isn't affected at all without them but at least it gives a character that I really care