If Kozaki doesn't return for the next Fire Emblem game, who would you want to draw the next Game and the writer too.

Yeah, I agree. There's nothing practical about going into battle with little armor (besides fanservice, what good is going out there in your undies anyway?) The female knights, cavaliers, pegasus knights... What happened to the good character design? The Dark Mages have gone so far downhill...

Don't forget Kozaki's occasional two left feet!

to distract male enimies

that should have been Charoltte's personal skill, all enemy male units in 2 spaces suffer -20 avoid

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, right, I forgot a writer. Let's go with whoever thought up of Baten Kaitos, since that game turned out pretty damn amazing (except the ending).

I'm not familiar enough with artists to have a real choice for someone to draw the next game.

As for the story guys, why not give the Tellius team another go at creating a brand new world? Providing they still work for IS.

Fairly sure they don't, as Nintendo completely reshuffled IS after the Radiant flop

Fairly sure they don't, as Nintendo completely reshuffled IS after the Radiant flop

Path of Flop and Flop Dawn.

At the risk of derailing the thread, why did the games fail? I've heard the marketing was very poor, but is that the only reason? I mean it's not like there was a shortage of Wiis out there, so the potential playerbase was huge.

Edited by Thane

Who doesn't know? I think he's a talented artist, and he's already worked on the series so NCL clearly doesn't see it as an issue.

It's not surprising. A lot of people start from ecchi related things.

Niles's JP voice actor? Was in a lot of erotic audio dramas. A lot of artists go from drawing hentai to drawing actual manga/anime. It's not entirely uncommon.

It was me Dio !

I know, I know, I was just saying.

At the risk of derailing the thread, why did the games fail? I've heard the marketing was very poor, but is that the only reason? I mean it's not like there was a shortage of Wiis out there, so the potential playerbase was huge.

I think a lot of it had to do with Fire emblem just not being very well known at the time and RD isn't exactly a good fit with the Wii's audience. A lot of them were sold but a lot of the people who got a Wii U were more of a casual crowd.

Then there's the marketing and the reviews weren't treating RD very fairly. I heard it got points docked for NOT having motion controls as well for being to hard.

I love Kozaki, so I wouldn't replace him for the world. The only pre-Shadow Dragon artist I really enjoyed was Sachiko Wada and I'd totally have them back, but if I had to go out of the Fire Emblem bubble, I'd pick whoever did the art for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

As for story, I think that the story writers are perfectly fine as it is. I'd completely have them back. However, I would probably contract the writers from, again, Xenoblade or Xenoblade X in order to do a cool story.

I think for Radiant Dawn it's also because it just isn't very accessible. I mean Fire Emblem had slowly declined in Sales over time anyway and a not accessible game probably didn't help much.

But I have no clue about this stuff so Idk

Then there's the marketing and the reviews weren't treating RD very fairly. I heard it got points docked for NOT having motion controls as well for being to hard.

As far as I've seen, RD was given pretty good ratings over all, roughly 75/100, which is 7.5/10. But it got points taken off for not having motion controls? Wtf, how do you even include those in a chess-like game like FE? That's stupid. I also never saw anybody complain that NSMBWii didn't have them.

I do admit that the difficulty is pretty high, but I didn't think it was insane or anything.

But yeah PoR and RD weren't given a very fair chance at making good sales, imo. PoR was released at a bad time, RD was also kind of released at a bad time (right before Brawl) and neither game got a lot of prints or a lot of marketing. RD was reprinted in 2014 though, and I hope that's a foreshadowing of these two getting a second, actual fair chance. Ike being in Smash has generated a lot of interest in the games and so has people buying Awakening and Fates.

EDIT: And yes, I'm aware that Pegasus Knights always wore skirts. But in Tellius, when they promoted, they gained full leggings. No more bare thighs and panties. So I was able to give Peg knights a pass there. I want this back.

Edited by Anacybele

As far as I've seen, RD was given pretty good ratings over all, roughly 75/100, which is 7.5/10. But it got points taken off for not having motion controls? Wtf, how do you even include those in a chess-like game like FE? That's stupid. I also never saw anybody complain that NSMBWii didn't have them.

NSMBWii DID have motion controls.

I do admit that the difficulty is pretty high, but I didn't think it was insane or anything.

But yeah PoR and RD weren't given a very fair chance at making good sales, imo. PoR was released at a bad time, RD was also kind of released at a bad time (right before Brawl) and neither game got a lot of prints or a lot of marketing. RD was reprinted in 2014 though, and I hope that's a foreshadowing of these two getting a second, actual fair chance. Ike being in Smash has generated a lot of interest in the games and so has people buying Awakening and Fates.

EDIT: And yes, I'm aware that Pegasus Knights always wore skirts. But in Tellius, when they promoted, they gained full leggings. No more bare thighs and panties. So I was able to give Peg knights a pass there. I want this back.

NSMBWii did have motion crontrols, using the Propeller Suit is one of them.

The Wii did have some trouble at the start, if I remember correctly. There weren't many manufactured or shipped to begin with. I donxt know the whole story, but some people, myself included, had trouble getting one. RD got released during this time-frame, so I think that hurt it a bit...

why would you even care if Tellius gets another chance lol

FE should move on from the past instead of trying to remake or port everything like Zelda does

it isn't necessary, especially when stuff like Gaiden would be a much better starting place if we needed one. I gave Tellius a shot and those two games are not miracle games that are must play by any means

I think a lot of it had to do with Fire emblem just not being very well known at the time and RD isn't exactly a good fit with the Wii's audience. A lot of them were sold but a lot of the people who got a Wii U were more of a casual crowd.

RczuNsq.png

I think for Radiant Dawn it's also because it just isn't very accessible. I mean Fire Emblem had slowly declined in Sales over time anyway and a not accessible game probably didn't help much.

But I have no clue about this stuff so Idk

I see. Thank you for the replies. I definitely also think that being very difficult scared people off; I know of a lot of people that don't play videogames who find the idea of moving around in a 3D environment to be a daunting task so I can only imagine how it would be for them to play a game that says "If you mess up your friends die!"

Sachiko Wada is hands down my favourite FE artist, with Kita in second. Seeing either again would be awesome.

As for writing... I wouldn't mind a Western team, actually. This might not be a popular opinion, but I'd love to see the result of a Western team handling the Fire Emblem series, like Metroid Prime (developed by the American Retro Studios), DmC: Devil May Cry (developed by the English Ninja Theory) or Super Mario Strikers: Charged (developed by the Canadian Next Level Games).

A Western developer could bring the next entry in a different direction and may pay more attention to Western fan input. I'd be really excited.

For those curious here is the review he is talking about (I am sure there are others but here is one example).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2007/11/02/fire-emblem-radiant-dawn-review

Here is the quote

"What you won't get with Fire Emblem, however, is any motion control or IR experience. There's no Mii integration, no online, no waggle, and no IR aiming. It is what it is, and Fire Emblem plays identical to its GameCube counterpart, who in turn still drew inspiration from the very beginning nearly two decades ago. The downside to that? Fire Emblem inherently feels like a GameCube title, with nearly identical interface, style, graphics, audio (or lack of), pacing, and general appearance, so while the game may come in a white box and burned onto a DVD, it's about as far from a traditional Wii experience as you can get. In fact, chances are if you already know you want this game before reading our review, as Fire Emblem hits a very specific, mature, traditional crowd."

Edited by Locke087

Alot of reasons.

1. PoR was an ugly game on an unpopular system. PoR also had issues of being very slow.

2. RD was a direct sequel on another system, and a lot of people didn't play PoR.

3. The difficulty issue where they added a diffiiculty in PoR, took away that difficulty in RD, but left the naming the same. So the same difficulty in RD was a lot harder than PoR.

4. Micaiah and the Dawn Brigade doesn't have many fans.

5. Consoles are dying in Japan, it's all mobile and handhelds now.

NSMBWii did have motion crontrols, using the Propeller Suit is one of them.

Okay, it BARELY had motion controls. But it still didn't make much use of them.

I must be the only person on the planet that being handheld isn't a huge deal for. I don't like that home consoles would die or start dying anywhere, they're so much better than handhelds to me...

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, it BARELY had motion controls. But it still didn't make much use of them.

Not barely. The Propeller Suit was actually one of the most commonly used powerups in the game. It's even shown in the game's cover artwork.

Other uses of motion was when bubble-trapped players wanted to call other players' attention they had to shake the Wiimote to move near another player; and the later lava levels which had the moving platform that you controlled by tilting the Wiimote.

To be fair though, this was in their review summary:rZkUeAw.png

Yeah he more seems to feel the way many people did about radiant dawn at the time that it had no place to being on the Wii and it felt more like a GameCube game. I don't think there was actually any reviews that straight up deducted points for there being no motion control, but many reviewers at the time did use it as part of their argument that it didn't belong in on the Wii. I think this particular Author did not think that motion controls would improve the overall gameplay, but tried to make a concession that it might bother some people that there is none. I find it interesting the precedent at the time that a lack of motion would bother someone.

To quote the reviewer

"From there, however, the experience is anything but Wii-like, as the game uses no motion, no IR, no Mii integration, and no online. While some gamers will scoff at this fact, diehard Fire Emblem fans already understand the choice made by Nintendo, as the series hasn't needed to change in nearly 20 years, and shouldn't be expected to now."

Personally, I would like to see the return of the designer of the remakes of the akaneia games or the designer from thracia 776

As for the writers, I have to say the one who wrote the Secret chapter from Live a Live(I think it's Takashi Tokita, but I'm not too sure...): I mean, it's probably One of the best Stories that Square ever made(or maybe I am just a fanboy of LAL)

Personally, I would like to see the return of the designer of the remakes of the akaneia games or the designer from thracia 776

As for the writers, I have to say the one who wrote the Secret chapter from Live a Live(I think it's Takashi Tokita, but I'm not too sure...): I mean, it's probably One of the best Stories that Square ever made(or maybe I am just a fanboy of LAL)

Edit.

Forgot this was about the artists. Shirow's probably not going back, Daisuke Izuka (who did 12 according to Vince) is Cipher's art director so there's a good chance of him coming back. Hirota (who was the artist for 5) has very little chance of coming back as she's too linked with who he must not be named (Kaga).

Edited by Draxal

Sachiko Wada is hands down my favourite FE artist, with Kita in second. Seeing either again would be awesome.

As for writing... I wouldn't mind a Western team, actually. This might not be a popular opinion, but I'd love to see the result of a Western team handling the Fire Emblem series, like Metroid Prime (developed by the American Retro Studios), DmC: Devil May Cry (developed by the English Ninja Theory) or Super Mario Strikers: Charged (developed by the Canadian Next Level Games).

A Western developer could bring the next entry in a different direction and may pay more attention to Western fan input. I'd be really excited.

9c4bf4226e076727fbdace6588e7f48014001940

Not Ninja Theory unless you want an average/flop game like what they did to my Devil May Cry.

But I guess I'm not entirely against a Western Developer that knows what they're doing.