Do you ever buy/get games (as presents or whatever) and end up never touching them?

DarkDestr0yer61

Not because you have no interest in playing them, but because other games of holding your attention? I have a couple of games I bought on the eShop because I wanted to play them and they're on sale. Paper Mario/some Zelda game, but I haven't played them yet. I think the worst one was that I got Ni No Kuni on Christmas about three years ago, and I still haven't taken the plastic off its case yet

I recently bought MH Generations, played it once and haven't touched it since.
The same thing happened with MH3U actually. Maybe I have something against Monster Hunter games and I don't even realize it. :sweatdrop:

Hah... this was the case for all the Tales of games I own for the PS3.

I own them for almost two years.

Most parts weren't touched for more than one year and I still haven't started Dawn to the New World yet.

It took me more than a year to finish Vesperia.

After that I played all the other parts.

Thankfully I became much faster in finishing them.

Of the seven Tales of games "only" three are left I have to finish.

Well I have all three Sonic Advance games, and have only played one so far because I had gotten Golden Sun at the same time as well.

I generally just leave some games after getting quite far in them and have them like that for a month or two while I play another game to (likely) meet the same fate.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

there was this one 3ds game my parents got me a long while ago that i didn't know what to do with because it was so boring

What game?

My parents got me a bunch of games when I was younger, I played them for a day maybe (out of respect for the gift) and never touched em again, does that count?

I more so meant games you actually want to play.

When I was a kid, I only really got games as presents for my birthday and Christmas, and they were always ones I asked for. As an adult, I never get games as presents anymore. I have a tone of games on my backlog, that I picked up on sale, but I don't think that really counts.

Whenever I get a new game, it's the first thing I play, so no, not really.

Basically this, and also generally when people get me a game as a gift, they know my tastes well enough.

Yeah, like when clipsey gifted me Trails in the Sky FC and SC, after I had been waiting for so long for those games, and I hardly touched them. I feel bad for it and I want to finish FC again and start playing SC already, but a lot of things piled up and I can barely pick one game to play when I have enough free time, so...

I'll definitely finish them on my vacations!

Whenever I get a new game, it's the first thing I play, so no, not really.

This is what I do as well, but there are a few games I didn't finish because I end up not liking them. But I will always at least give a newly bought game a chance. At least this is the case of games I buy or are gifted to me. If I got the game for free or have access to it via a shared steam library, or it's one of the quadrillion phone games then yes it has happened, I have downloaded games on my phone that I never played (then deleted later once I realize I never played them) and I have access to games on steam that I have never touched (my older brother thanks to humble bundle has over 500 steam games ain't nobody got time for that).

Edited by Locke087

I bought Trails of Cold Steel II at launch (which was three weeks ago) but haven't opened it because I need to finish the first one before starting the second one. But I intend to free it from the shrink wrap in a month or so so it still technically counts. Sometimes I download demos but never get to them for some reason.

Sometimes I don't play a game I just bought because there are still one or two others I'm not finished with, but I always give each game some playtime unless they suuuuuck.

Yes. The biggest reason is humble bundle.

Yeah, because of this, half my Steam library is made of games I have yet to play.

My life has gotten way too busy given my job and my situation, which barely gives me time to play every game I want.

All the time. I have 132 games in my Steam Library, but I've only played MAYBE half of them, and out of those there are very few I've played well into. It's just so easy when you get stuff like Humble Bundle selling games for cheap. I've been making more of an effort to play those games, but I'm still only ten minutes into both Bioshock and Darksiders, and haven't even downloaded the GTA and Total War games I have on there.

I buy a lot of cheap games, play them for a few hours, and then forget about them because something else strikes my fancy at the time. Even if I really like them this happens (i.e. XCOM and Valkyria Chronicles), though this is more due to having less time than I did when I bought them and finding it easier to relax with familiar games.

I bought Paper Mario Sticker Star, despite knowing everything that was wrong with it, thinking it might be fun to put the game's consumable combat system and pointlessness of combat to use and make it play like a survival horror game where I can't heal or buy anything or run away from battles.

I was still bored within and hour, put it down, and haven't played it since. It didn't help that it was one of various 3DS games that hurts my eyes to play for reasons I don't quite understand.

Edited by Alastor15243