Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'm coming to a point where I can't win Aether raids anymore. And that's stupid. I should be able to win plenty just fine. But now I'm running into too many Dumas and Surtrs. One Duma solo'd my entire team, literally. Mainly because he was somehow healing a ridiculous amount of HP every turn. And I can't stand ridiculous defense map setups like locking one or more of your party in a corner behind a bunch of objects/traps. This is extremely annoying and often results in a loss because it takes too many turns to get there.

I always bring in my best units + a bonus unit, btw. So can someone explain to me how it's at all possible to reach tiers higher than like 16 if you don't have/use Duma or Surtr yourself?

I think at the very least, the turn limit should be removed. Why is it even there when other modes like arena don't have this?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I saw people saying he'd be good with Null Follow-Up, cool to actually see someone do it~

The more I use him, the more I realize how utterly amazing Null Follow-Up is. Thinking about how many skills in the game it shuts down makes me wish I had more of it to give out.

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm coming to a point where I can't win Aether raids anymore. And that's stupid. I should be able to win plenty just fine. But now I'm running into too many Dumas and Surtrs. One Duma solo'd my entire team, literally. Mainly because he was somehow healing a ridiculous amount of HP every turn. And I can't stand ridiculous defense map setups like locking one or more of your party in a corner behind a bunch of objects/traps. This is extremely annoying and often results in a loss because it takes too many turns to get there.

I always bring in my best units + a bonus unit, btw. So can someone explain to me how it's at all possible to reach tiers higher than like 16 if you don't have/use Duma or Surtr yourself?

I think at the very least, the turn limit should be removed. Why is it even there when other modes like arena don't have this?

What units are you usually using? In an off-week like this, I bring Frederick and his hammer of justice to pit against all those armors (Fury, WoM, Atk/Def Bond seal is what I usually leave him with). It's not a bad idea if you have a utility unit like Aversa with Axebreaker, too. Another good tip is to have a backline unit with Smite; if a unit is dropped onto a trap because of Smite, it'll activate, but they won't lose their turn. This can be necessary to make any kind of approach on some maps. 

Turn limit is there for replay purposes, I believe.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

What units are you usually using? In an off-week like this, I bring Frederick and his hammer of justice to pit against all those armors (Fury, WoM, Atk/Def Bond seal is what I usually leave him with). It's not a bad idea if you have a utility unit like Aversa with Axebreaker, too. Another good tip is to have a backline unit with Smite; if a unit is dropped onto a trap because of Smite, it'll activate, but they won't lose their turn. This can be necessary to make any kind of approach on some maps. 

Turn limit is there for replay purposes, I believe.

Frederick, Reinhardt, Eir, Legendary Azura, and Black Knight is the team I'm using now. BK is currently a bonus unit. Perhaps not the best one, but he's the best one I have.

I realize it isn't Eir's season now though, so maybe I should switch her out. I don't have Aversa. I don't have anyone with Smite either.

But how does a turn limit affect replays?

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm at Tier 19 finally, but it just took figuring out the best units to use (and not my favorite units). Like Lucina/B!Ike/Robin/PA!Azura/Veronica is my usual team and they just suck at Aether Raids.

So my new team is Eir/HS!Sakura/NY!Azura/Shigure/Laergjarn replacing out one for the bonus hero. I just find fliers the easiest for dealing with crazy setups. Duma never gives me trouble, but Surtr sometimes does, but I'm learning ways to kill him pretty easily. I think on Light/Dark seasons I have more trouble since my "Light Blessing" team isn't nearly as strong as my classic team (and I don't wanna be switching blessings all the time), but I've just gotten wayyyyy better at strategy and using reposition to get me places. I love destroying teams that lock a party member in a corner, because it makes me feel super accomplished (and sometimes I can do it in 4-5 turns).

I also love the turn limit because it forces me to not take forever to bait and kill (in which I could probably win mostttly all of them). FEH is a strategy game, so I personally enjoy the added element of strategy that the other modes don't have. Sure I'm not gonna be in the top tiers of Aether Raids ever, but it's definitely made me a lot better at strategizing than I was before. And I've gotten better at Abyssal difficulty because of it! Made me think in more interesting ways!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick, Reinhardt, Eir, Legendary Azura, and Black Knight is the team I'm using now. BK is currently a bonus unit. Perhaps not the best one, but he's the best one I have.

I realize it isn't Eir's season now though, so maybe I should switch her out. I don't have Aversa. I don't have anyone with Smite either.

What about the other 4 team slots? This is a hard week for bonus units since only BK is a free 5*, so I don't blame anyone for struggling to build a solid team. Do you give BK the boots? I'm no fan of armors in AR but unless the plan is to bait stuff successfully, that mobility can really important. March or Guidance can help too though, if you have them.

Some players go all in on survival, so things like effective weaponry can go a really long way. Alternatively, the ol' DC Vantage trick works on a fair number of maps that aren't packing Hardy Bearing (or Dancing Micaiah, for that matter).

Side note, next bonus unit line-up should be Lugh, Sue, Thea, Idunn, Rutger, Arden, Joshua, Legendary Tiki, Anna, and either Eir or the new Mythic. Hopefully Eir cuz otherwise I'm in a real pickle

4 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

I'm at Tier 19 finally, but it just took figuring out the best units to use (and not my favorite units). Like Lucina/B!Ike/Robin/PA!Azura/Veronica is my usual team and they just suck at Aether Raids.

So my new team is Eir/HS!Sakura/NY!Azura/Shigure/Laergjarn replacing out one for the bonus hero. I just find fliers the easiest for dealing with crazy setups. Duma never gives me trouble, but Surtr sometimes does, but I'm learning ways to kill him pretty easily. I think on Light/Dark seasons I have more trouble since my "Light Blessing" team isn't nearly as strong as my classic team (and I don't wanna be switching blessings all the time), but I've just gotten wayyyyy better at strategy and using reposition to get me places. I love destroying teams that lock a party member in a corner, because it makes me feel super accomplished (and sometimes I can do it in 4-5 turns).

I also love the turn limit because it forces me to not take forever to bait and kill (in which I could probably win mostttly all of them). FEH is a strategy game, so I personally enjoy the added element of strategy that the other modes don't have. Sure I'm not gonna be in the top tiers of Aether Raids ever, but it's definitely made me a lot better at strategizing than I was before. And I've gotten better at Abyssal difficulty because of it! Made me think in more interesting ways!

I'm at tier 15 and trying to get to 16 before I drop back to 14 again. I do need to work on my defense team too, still haven't added a fifth unit to it. Next time I get 200 Aether stones though.

I'm not using JUST my favorite units though. Reinhardt isn't really a true fav, he's just so good I have to use him in a lot of places. xP Eir is simply okay to me too. Not a real fav. But I see.

On another topic, wtf did IS do to Tap Battle? They took away all the orbs and replaced them with accessories that most players should have already. There aren't even anymore orbs for rewards in the mode itself. The only notable reward I see is like ten sacred coins. Now this mode is entirely boring/useless imo, unless you really need feathers.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Replays have to be stored somewhere on the server for the week so that you can view them, and having a turn limit prevents the stored replays from taking up too much space on the server.

That said, while it's one of the reasons the turn limit exists, it's certainly not the only one. It also serves as a way to give the defense an additional advantage they can make use of to counterbalance the fact that players have the innate advantage of not being a simple AI.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

On another topic, wtf did IS do to Tap Battle? They took away all the orbs and replaced them with accessories that most players should have already. There aren't even anymore orbs for rewards in the mode itself. The only notable reward I see is like ten sacred coins. Now this mode is entirely boring/useless imo, unless you really need feathers.

The current Tap Battle is a rerun of the first Tap Battle, and they are rerunning accessory rewards that newer players may have missed since there currently isn't another way to get them yet if you missed them the first time around.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The current Tap Battle is a rerun of the first Tap Battle, and they are rerunning accessory rewards that newer players may have missed since there currently isn't another way to get them yet if you missed them the first time around.

Okay, but did the first one have no orbs? Because otherwise, taking away the orbs feels a bit scummy.

Also, fair points on the Aether raids turn limit, I suppose.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm at tier 15 and trying to get to 16 before I drop back to 14 again. I do need to work on my defense team too, still haven't added a fifth unit to it. Next time I get 200 Aether stones though.

I'm not using JUST my favorite units though. Reinhardt isn't really a true fav, he's just so good I have to use him in a lot of places. xP Eir is simply okay to me too. Not a real fav. But I see.

I'm learning to love Eir simply for her healing. Between HS!Sakura and Eir, it can keep my team at just high enough health to counteract Surtr's stupid ability and I've scraped by at like 2 HP so many times thanks to her.

I think Eir functions best with a dancer, imo, because her first attack inflicts Def -7/Res-7 and then her next attack decimates them, or I can have one of my other units warp in and kill. Also she takes cares of allllllll tome users, and is the only unit that can usually survive B!Veronica's double assault when paired with a dancer.

21 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

I'm learning to love Eir simply for her healing. Between HS!Sakura and Eir, it can keep my team at just high enough health to counteract Surtr's stupid ability and I've scraped by at like 2 HP so many times thanks to her.

I think Eir functions best with a dancer, imo, because her first attack inflicts Def -7/Res-7 and then her next attack decimates them, or I can have one of my other units warp in and kill. Also she takes cares of allllllll tome users, and is the only unit that can usually survive B!Veronica's double assault when paired with a dancer.

Well, I'm trying to use Eir with legendary Azura and she's probably the best dancer. xP

I hope they start demoting skills on some of the older units. I haven't seen certain skills in months because I haven't pulled a certain color. With the 3/4 star pool growing larger, it's only going to get worse especially when someone decides to merge that unit. Hopefully they address this issue soon.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

You will need multiple teams. Most defense teams are vulnerable to at least one offensive strategy.

— — — — — — —

The easiest team to use in my opinion are "carry" teams. Carry teams have one unit carrying the entire team.

Ideally, but not necessarily, the carrying unit should be:

Spoiler

Bonus Unit: You need as much stats as possible. Sharena is not the best since she is colored and got no merges, but she appears frequently and got Fensalir. Fjorm was skipped once, but she should appear frequently in the future too and she is the only Askr (technically Nifl) Hero with access to merges. FV!F!Robin is also great, but the Legendary Heroes cycle takes longer than the Askr Heroes cycle.

Summoner Supported: Again, you want more stats.

Ally Supported: Again, more stats are appreciated. The Ally Support Partner should be a buffer on the team.

Gen II: Gen II units have more stats to work with.

Melee: Ranged units have less stats; beasts are preferable since Sacae's Blessing does not affect it and there are not Beast Effective Weapons yet.

Colorless: As the primary and often sole tank of the team, it is not as easy to offload tanking duties to another unit against bad color triangle match ups.

Flying: The unit can tank and bait almost anywhere; weakness to bows is easily patched up with Iote's Shield. Armors are too slow, and infantry and cavalry are hampered by terrain.

Other Tanking Abilities: Sharena's Fensalir nullifies enemies' buffs. FV!F!Robin has Dragonskin, which is basically Bracing Stance combined with Iote's Shield.

Distant Counter/Close Counter: This is actually mandatory. This can either be on the Weapon or on the A slot, it does not matter where as long as the unit has it.

The carrier should have 2 or 3 Drive buffers; 2 is generally enough in my opinion, but you can run a third if you have only 1 Eir. Combat buffs cannot be Panicked away so it is better than bonus buffs. Drive buffers can also be 1 space away from the carrier instead of being adjacent to them, so ranged foes cannot just bypass the tank and hit the buffer behind the tank. M!Corrin is the best in my opinion since Yato can provide 4/4/4/4 buffs, but HNY!Azura can also work with flying carriers since she has Hagoita and access to Ward Fliers. 2 M!Corrins can provide 9/9/9/9 buffs with their Yatos and Ally Support buff, and they can additionally provide another 12 points of stat buffs using 4 Drives on their C and Sacred Seal slots (so the two M!Corrins together can provide 12/12/12/12 if you divide the buffs evenly).

Finally, you want 1 or 2 Eirs, ideally 2. Eir is great not only for scoring, but she is also great for long distance healing. She can also tank a hit or two from magical foes if necessary.

— — — — — — —

You want to have at least 1 Counter-Vantage unit on one of your teams, as there are quite a few defense teams out there vulnerable enough to fail against it. I personally run Laevatein with VS!Azura support, but other good units include Ares, Keaton, WOT!Reinhardt, Pain healers, and the classic Blade mages.

— — — — — — —

Galeforce nuke with Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers teams are not the easiest teams to use, but some defense teams are glaringly vulnerable against it. I think Cordelia is one of the best Galeforcers out there, as she has good stat distribution, flier mobility, and easy accessibility.

— — — — — — —

A regular Player Phase team with 2 nukes and 2 Dancers/Singers will quickly crush stall teams.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

You will need multiple teams. Most defense teams are vulnerable to at least one offensive strategy.

— — — — — — —

The easiest team to use in my opinion are "carry" teams. Carry teams have one unit carrying the entire team.

Ideally, but not necessarily, the carrying unit should be:

Reveal hidden contents

Bonus Unit: You need as much stats as possible. Sharena is not the best since she is colored and got no merges, but she appears frequently and got Fensalir. Fjorm was skipped once, but she should appear frequently in the future too and she is the only Askr (technically Nifl) Hero with access to merges. FV!F!Robin is also great, but the Legendary Heroes cycle takes longer than the Askr Heroes cycle.

Summoner Supported: Again, you want more stats.

Ally Supported: Again, more stats are appreciated. The Ally Support Partner should be a buffer on the team.

Gen II: Gen II units have more stats to work with.

Melee: Ranged units have less stats; beasts are preferable since Sacae's Blessing does not affect it and there are not Beast Effective Weapons yet.

Colorless: As the primary and often sole tank of the team, it is not as easy to offload tanking duties to another unit against bad color triangle match ups.

Flying: The unit can tank and bait almost anywhere; weakness to bows is easily patched up with Iote's Shield. Armors are too slow, and infantry and cavalry are hampered by terrain.

Other Tanking Abilities: Sharena's Fensalir nullifies enemies' buffs. FV!F!Robin has Dragonskin, which is basically Bracing Stance combined with Iote's Shield.

Distant Counter/Close Counter: This is actually mandatory. This can either be on the Weapon or on the A slot, it does not matter where as long as the unit has it.

The carrier should have 2 or 3 Drive buffers; 2 is generally enough in my opinion, but you can run a third if you have only 1 Eir. Combat buffs cannot be Panicked away so it is better than bonus buffs. Drive buffers can also be 1 space away from the carrier instead of being adjacent to them, so ranged foes cannot just bypass the tank and hit the buffer behind the tank. M!Corrin is the best in my opinion since Yato can provide 4/4/4/4 buffs, but HNY!Azura can also work with flying carriers since she has Hagoita and access to Ward Fliers. 2 M!Corrins can provide 9/9/9/9 buffs with their Yatos and Ally Support buff, and they can additionally provide another 12 points of stat buffs using 4 Drives on their C and Sacred Seal slots (so the two M!Corrins together can provide 12/12/12/12 if you divide the buffs evenly).

Finally, you want 1 or 2 Eirs, ideally 2. Eir is great not only for scoring, but she is also great for long distance healing. She can also tank a hit or two from magical foes if necessary.

— — — — — — —

You want to have at least 1 Counter-Vantage unit on one of your teams, as there are quite a few defense teams out there vulnerable enough to fail against it. I personally run Laevatein with VS!Azura support, but other good units include Ares, Keaton, WOT!Reinhardt, Pain healers, and the classic Blade mages.

— — — — — — —

Galeforce nuke with Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers teams are not the easiest teams to use, but some defense teams are glaringly vulnerable against it. I think Cordelia is one of the best Galeforcers out there, as she has good stat distribution, flier mobility, and easy accessibility.

— — — — — — —

A regular Player Phase team with 2 nukes and 2 Dancers/Singers will quickly crush stall teams.

...Except you can only use one team in Aether raids? And if you're talking about making your defense team different from the offensive one, I've done that.

I've done pretty much all those things you listed too. Summoner supported unit is Frederick, DC unit is BK, most of my team is melee all the time because I like melee units more than ranged ones, colorless is Eir, etc.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Except you can only use one team in Aether raids? And if you're talking about making your defense team different from the offensive one, I've done that.

You can set 5 different preset offense teams for Aether Raids and can pick which team to use after previewing the opponent's team.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've done pretty much all those things you listed too. Summoner supported unit is Frederick, DC unit is BK, most of my team is melee all the time because I like melee units more than ranged ones, colorless is Eir, etc.

For the carrying team concept to work as smoothly as possible, you generally want one carrier to check as much as those criteria as possible, not split it between two carriers, since if you are running two carriers, it means you are running less buff supporters or running less Eirs.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd argue that Summoner Support works better on units who need all the stats they can get. BK, for instance, could always use more bulk, so he'd probably get more from it than Frederick, who's already a monster and doesn't have problems with the units he should be facing. Sucks to have to change Summoner Support so often though, so I don't blame you if you say nuts to that.

Next week will be Wind/Light seasons, so if you bring Hrid on a team with Eir, he'll get the HP/Res/score boost. Hrid is amazing in AR if you give him Distant Def seal and buffs, since he can take out most units while taking a lot of hits himself (though to get the most out of him, you'd want Aversa). Just have to watch out for the Micaiahs, but at least Eir herself is a good counter.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can set 5 different preset offense teams for Aether Raids and can pick which team to use after previewing the opponent's team.

You can? I somehow never noticed this.

I've barely taken a look at how Aether Raids work. Like, I don't even know what the blessings do exactly. 

I just use a complete team of bonus units since I believe they have stat bonuses and I spent most of my resources on the offense fortress building since it seems to be the best of them (it is at level 4). If you never improved it, that is probably why you lose so much. It's good enough to always stay in Tier 17, I very rarely lose and I've no real desire to invest more time and effort to improve on that. I just hate the PvP content in this game and just do the minimum to collect the daily/weekly rewards.

I made a horse emblem defense team on day one but haven't touched it since. I doesn't ever win so it probably contributes to me never gaining in rank.

Edited by Vince777

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You can? I somehow never noticed this.

Yep. The option to modify teams is in Aether Raids (press the big green battle button and then the wide blue button right underneath the current team) and in your Allies menu (fifth option from the top, then select Aether Raids).

You can then use the big left and right arrows next to the team lineup to change teams to edit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'd argue that Summoner Support works better on units who need all the stats they can get. BK, for instance, could always use more bulk, so he'd probably get more from it than Frederick, who's already a monster and doesn't have problems with the units he should be facing. Sucks to have to change Summoner Support so often though, so I don't blame you if you say nuts to that.

Next week will be Wind/Light seasons, so if you bring Hrid on a team with Eir, he'll get the HP/Res/score boost. Hrid is amazing in AR if you give him Distant Def seal and buffs, since he can take out most units while taking a lot of hits himself (though to get the most out of him, you'd want Aversa). Just have to watch out for the Micaiahs, but at least Eir herself is a good counter.

Yeah, it takes a lot of time to build up a support all the way, I'd rather not bother with changing that. xP Besides, I love my Freddy Bear so much, I couldn't possibly have the heart to change from him. :P I could've gone with one of my Ikes over him, but I felt it benefitted Frederick more due to being one of the average launch units as well as cavalry (since they have lower BST).

Yeah, good point! I love Hrid too and mine is +Atk on top of that. ^^ I do actually have him in my defense team and used to have him in my offensive team too, but switched him out for a bonus unit at some point, I guess. I'll put him back in next week.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yep. The option to modify teams is in Aether Raids (press the big green battle button and then the wide blue button right underneath the current team) and in your Allies menu (fifth option from the top, then select Aether Raids).

You can then use the big left and right arrows next to the team lineup to change teams.

I see, thanks!

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it takes a lot of time to build up a support all the way, I'd rather not bother with changing that. xP Besides, I love my Freddy Bear so much, I couldn't possibly have the heart to change from him. :P I could've gone with one of my Ikes over him, but I felt it benefitted Frederick more due to being one of the average launch units as well as cavalry (since they have lower BST).

Yeah, good point! I love Hrid too and mine is +Atk on top of that. ^^ I do actually have him in my defense team and used to have him in my offensive team too, but switched him out for a bonus unit at some point, I guess. I'll put him back in next week.

One good thing about passing around Summoner Support is that it takes half as much time to rebuild it if you've maxed it out once before. I usually pass it around between my best AR units (Fjorm, Robin, Hrid) since I've had strategies depend on them tanking all 6 units. Fastest way I've found to build it is to auto-battle Chain Challenge for Chapter 1 & 2 on Normal, takes 8 full runs to max out a new unit, or 4 if they've had S support before.

Hrid should be a bonus unit in about a month (following Marth > Tiki > Eirika), so hopefully that lines up with Wind season too. I usually bring Gunnthra along with Ward Cavalry and Drive Res, and alongside all the other stat boosts, he can usually tank anything other than Micaiah. Pretty awesome seeing Reinhardt Moonbows do 0 to him, but that usually requires Panic, so having Aversa is huge for keeping him going. Atk Smoke is also one of the best skills here, and I'm really glad Hrid came with it, cuz I've only recently hit +9 on my Kaze (waiting for +Spd) so I didn't have any to spare (and I know you're a fellow Kaze fan so you know this struggle all too well).

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

One good thing about passing around Summoner Support is that it takes half as much time to rebuild it if you've maxed it out once before. I usually pass it around between my best AR units (Fjorm, Robin, Hrid) since I've had strategies depend on them tanking all 6 units. Fastest way I've found to build it is to auto-battle Chain Challenge for Chapter 1 & 2 on Normal, takes 8 full runs to max out a new unit, or 4 if they've had S support before.

Hrid should be a bonus unit in about a month (following Marth > Tiki > Eirika), so hopefully that lines up with Wind season too. I usually bring Gunnthra along with Ward Cavalry and Drive Res, and alongside all the other stat boosts, he can usually tank anything other than Micaiah. Pretty awesome seeing Reinhardt Moonbows do 0 to him, but that usually requires Panic, so having Aversa is huge for keeping him going. Atk Smoke is also one of the best skills here, and I'm really glad Hrid came with it, cuz I've only recently hit +9 on my Kaze (waiting for +Spd) so I didn't have any to spare (and I know you're a fellow Kaze fan so you know this struggle all too well).

So, you're saying if I wanted to give Frederick back the summoner support later, it'd take half as long? But it'd still take longer if I build it on a unit that has not been summoner supported all the way before?

Cool, and Frederick can take a hit from Micaiah if he needs to, so I can have him cover Hrid there.

I have a +10 Kaze myself yeah, though I left him at +Res, -Def. I still have yet to pull a single +Spd Kaze and I've pulled him like 20 times now. Not sure I've ever pulled a +Atk one either.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, you're saying if I wanted to give Frederick back the summoner support later, it'd take half as long? But it'd still take longer if I build it on a unit that has not been summoner supported all the way before?

Cool, and Frederick can take a hit from Micaiah if he needs to, so I can have him cover Hrid there.

I have a +10 Kaze myself yeah, though I left him at +Res, -Def. I still have yet to pull a single +Spd Kaze and I've pulled him like 20 times now. Not sure I've ever pulled a +Atk one either.

Yeah, that's how it goes. Specifically, the unit has to attack a level 35 or higher unit at least once in 80 different battles (or 40 if you're doing it all over again), so the Chain Challenge 1 & 2 on Normal is great since it's 10 easy battles starting with level 35 enemies (at 4* even). I usually pair the unit up with an unarmed bulky healer or something and just trust autobattle to do the job, only takes a stamina potion or two while I'm making dinner or something.

The trouble with Micaiah is also that there's the red tome dancer one, and people love her since she's amazing at killing Surtr and ignores Vantage. Still, there are even times where that works to your advantage: Hrid is so tough that it's easy to get a lot of units to do 0 damage, which can be a problem if they have Rally or Dance, as they'll only attack if they do at least 5 damage. Getting Dancer Micaiah's attack down to where she does like, 5 or 10 damage is perfect since it's not enough to hurt, but it's enough so that she'll make an attack even if there's someone she can dance. 

Res is pretty good since you can more safely get him into Desperation range. Mine's +Atk right now which is fine, but I'd prefer Spd cuz I gave him Flashing Blade

The best way to win at Aether Raids is...to freaking ignore Aether Raids. Arena is already a cancerous enough cesspool by itself, I seriously don’t want to deal with another (arguably even worse) one. And no, the grails and flowers aren’t a remotely good enough incentive to me.