Jump to content
eclipse

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

They couldn't be bothered to give Clive, Mathilda, Berkut (and he in particular was, and still is, pretty popular) or Conrad a personal weapon upon each of their initial releases either.

It's nothing personal, IS apparently just has it out for Valentia's paladins (except Zeke, who happens to not be a native anyways).

Yeah, but if they gave Fernand a prf lance now, then who was going to bring instant lance+ to the easily accessible pool? ūüėõ

In all seriousness, I think IS arbitrary decides that some 5-stars are just not going to get prfs -- even if they had one canonically or really NEED one to stand out -- just so they can throw more inheritable weapons into the pool. Or be skill fodder with less min-maxed stats. Taking one for the team and all that. Which obviously sucks for anyone who likes those characters, but clearly IS don't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

In all seriousness, I think IS arbitrary decides that some 5-stars are just not going to get prfs -- even if they had one canonically or really NEED one to stand out -- just so they can throw more inheritable weapons into the pool. Or be skill fodder with less min-maxed stats. Taking one for the team and all that. Which obviously sucks for anyone who likes those characters, but clearly IS don't care.

Yeah, and Melady in particular sure took one especially now that Fernand exists. I still can't believe IS essentially wasted her on that banner and as a result they now have just four girls (five if they seriously want to add Juno again) left from Binding Blade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2021 at 5:22 PM, Rinco said:

What to expect on Light Season from now on:

[ Pathfinder defense cancer video ]

Ran into a variation of the last one *outside* of VoH with Reinhardt in an exceptionally unlucky Monday, and really glad I managed to snag one fleeting chance in VoH before it's impossible.  I like playing with semi-tricky maps, but not to the point of 'pick your god tank, and pray' in terms of sheer unforgiveness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and Melady in particular sure took one especially now that Fernand exists. I still can't believe IS essentially wasted her on that banner and as a result they now have just four girls (five if they seriously want to add Juno again) left from Binding Blade.

Yeah, I'm pretty upset about Melady too. Yeah, I KNOW that she fits on that banner alongside Guinevere thematically. But when the number of female characters left is very likely to determine which game is going to get a banner in the future I'd rather have practicality instead of theme. Melady could've probably being Zeiss, even if he fits the theme less, just to save Melady for a future banner where she could've been the star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be a new Resplendent announcement tonight. Any guesses?

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, I'm pretty upset about Melady too. Yeah, I KNOW that she fits on that banner alongside Guinevere thematically. But when the number of female characters left is very likely to determine which game is going to get a banner in the future I'd rather have practicality instead of theme. Melady could've probably being Zeiss, even if he fits the theme less, just to save Melady for a future banner where she could've been the star.

Based on FE2, I feel like they're likely to gradually give more and more games the treatment of "squeeze out all the marketable characters, then use alts of them to prop up the stragglers".

While they're not female, older Eliwood and Hector could play that role. Lyn doesn't appear in FE6, but they could show a hypothetical (alt-timeline?) FE6-era Lyn if they really wanted to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Othin said:

Based on FE2, I feel like they're likely to gradually give more and more games the treatment of "squeeze out all the marketable characters, then use alts of them to prop up the stragglers".

While they're not female, older Eliwood and Hector could play that role. Lyn doesn't appear in FE6, but they could show a hypothetical (alt-timeline?) FE6-era Lyn if they really wanted to.

True, although I still think IS essentially "wasted" Palla, by not saving her for a later banner and instead put her and Nott together. Really, I thought the point of making FE2 a midpoint banner was so that they wouldn't have to rely on any Whitening alts to carry it. Tatiana should've been on the banner as a 5-star staff unit with Mycen as the quest freebie, and Palla could've been saved for another banner. I know that some people here really hate the idea of Rinea getting in as a normal playable unit, but if that's what it takes to get the remaining dudes into the game then so be it.

Honestly, I'm really fucking baffled at the combination of Nott, Palla, AND Tatiana all being added at the same time. Because in a game with dwindling female characters and at least eight male playable characters missing, the smart choice was to put the Whitewing alt in the same banner as the new mythic that was supposed to carry the banner. And to make the last playable female character not in the game in any way, shape, or form a quest reward. Fuck IS.

Edited by Sunwoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Ran into a variation of the last one *outside* of VoH with Reinhardt in an exceptionally unlucky Monday, and really glad I managed to snag one fleeting chance in VoH before it's impossible.  I like playing with semi-tricky maps, but not to the point of 'pick your god tank, and pray' in terms of sheer unforgiveness.

So far I've avoided Nott in VoH, but only played 2 matches. I can already see one of those cancer maps taking me out of VoH on the last days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

True, although I still think IS essentially "wasted" Palla, by not saving her for a later banner and instead put her and Nott together. Really, I thought the point of making FE2 a midpoint banner was so that they wouldn't have to rely on any Whitening alts to carry it. Tatiana should've been on the banner as a 5-star staff unit with Mycen as the quest freebie, and Palla could've been saved for another banner. I know that some people here really hate the idea of Rinea getting in as a normal playable unit, but if that's what it takes to get the remaining dudes into the game then so be it.

Honestly, I'm really fucking baffled at the combination of Nott, Palla, AND Tatiana all being added at the same time. Because in a game with dwindling female characters and at least eight male playable characters missing, the smart choice was to put the Whitewing alt in the same banner as the new mythic that was supposed to carry the banner. And to make the last playable female character not in the game in any way, shape, or form a quest reward. Fuck IS.

Yeah, that's what gave me the idea. They set up a pattern that suggests another FE2 banner with Valentian Est, while simultaneously burning through the rest of their marketable characters by relegating both Tatiana and Luthier to demote slots for no reason. They could have easily made this banner work with no Nott by having one of those two join Palla and Zeke as rare units, or delayed Zeke and Tatiana while using Nott/Palla/Luthier to carry this one. It's so weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Othin said:

Should be a new Resplendent announcement tonight. Any guesses?

Since trying to guess myself is like throwing at a dartboard blindfolded, I just let a wheel pick a random 5* exclusive, plus the theme, for me. 

It spat out Dökkálfheimr Elise. Despite that being something that I'd actually really want, I swear I didn't rig anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Since trying to guess myself is like throwing at a dartboard blindfolded, I just let a wheel pick a random 5* exclusive, plus the theme, for me. 

It spat out Dökkálfheimr Elise. Despite that being something that I'd actually really want, I swear I didn't rig anything. 

Huh, sure. Better than any of my ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Since trying to guess myself is like throwing at a dartboard blindfolded, I just let a wheel pick a random 5* exclusive, plus the theme, for me. 

It spat out Dökkálfheimr Elise. Despite that being something that I'd actually really want, I swear I didn't rig anything. 

That actually sounds pretty damned legit. Elise could definitely fit that theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just a reminder that of the original 8 Focus units who also had Summoning movies, those being Marth/Roy/Lyn/Lucina/Tiki/Robin/Camilla/Takumi, Camilla is the only one who has not received a Resplendent upgrade.

Now I'm not actually in-support of her receiving one, she's garbage as a unit and hell all your guesses sound a lot better, but it does feel kinda weird that Camilla of all units is being left out of the treatment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're saving Resplendent Camilla for when they start using Jötunheimr outfits, of course. Why else would IS make a country consisting of scantly-clad warrior women if not to have Camilla dress like them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For potential future Binding Blade and Echoes banners, I think Juno and Est really will be the stars. For BB, Juno and Zelot have done the same thing Pent and Louise did: Debut on a wedding banner, with the less popular of the two being the free unit. I'm willing to bet that the next BB banner will feature Juno and Zelot, and hopefully bring Elffin with them. For Echoes, it just kinda has to be Est, and I'd bet Kamui and Mycen will accompany her.

For Resplendents, I'm gonna make a left-field prediction and say that if it's 3/4‚ėÜ, it'll be dark fairy Tharja. If it's 5‚ėÜ, it'll be dwarf Nephenee. No real reason, just why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like 3-4* is particularly unlikely right now since we just got two in a row. That only previously happened with Caeda and Marth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brave Lyn Resplendet as Dwarven theme. (Sightly joking on this one, I dunno who they might give away)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

They're saving Resplendent Camilla for when they start using Jötunheimr outfits, of course. Why else would IS make a country consisting of scantly-clad warrior women if not to have Camilla dress like them?

Camilla is going to be Hel. Make her so scantily clad you can literally see through her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Now I'm not actually in-support of her receiving one, she's garbage as a unit and hell all your guesses sound a lot better, but it does feel kinda weird that Camilla of all units is being left out of the treatment...

IS, probably: "Camilla outdated, Edelgard activated."

Even though that started as a joke, there might actually be something to that since the last alt IS gave Camilla (Hot Spring in January 2019) was before Three Houses released.

25 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

For BB, Juno and Zelot have done the same thing Pent and Louise did: Debut on a wedding banner, with the less popular of the two being the free unit. I'm willing to bet that the next BB banner will feature Juno and Zelot, and hopefully bring Elffin with them.

The only problem with that comparison is that Pent was actually a popular request and genuinely did deserve more than one mediocre alt.

Juno absolutely isn't capable of carrying a banner, while her husband tied with Barthe for 3rd to last place FE6 character in CYL5 (those two also shared company with four Fates capturable bosses, Tatarrah, and Lord Arundel). If that's truly the best FE6 has left to offer for New Heroes, then IS should probably steer clear (at least, in regards to a full FE6 banner) if they want to avoid potential financial disasters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Naoshi said:

Brave Lyn Resplendet as Dwarven theme. (Sightly joking on this one, I dunno who they might give away)

Give it to me! (Still eh on dwarf design, but...hopefully it could work.)

40 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The only problem with that comparison is that Pent was actually a popular request and genuinely did deserve more than one mediocre alt.

Juno absolutely isn't capable of carrying a banner, while her husband tied with Barthe for 3rd to last place FE6 character in CYL5 (those two also shared company with four Fates capturable bosses, Tatarrah, and Lord Arundel). If that's truly the best FE6 has left to offer for New Heroes, then IS should probably steer clear (at least, in regards to a full FE6 banner) if they want to avoid potential financial disasters.

I feel like there's certain factors that are in Juno's favor. She may not be a super popular character, but she's a pegasus knight, which is something IS seems to really, really like. Juno is also one of the two last conventionally attractive women left from BB, the other being Elen, but I think Juno would have more driving power than her. Especially since her reception on the wedding banner wasn't bad, it seemed like a lot of the reactions were "oh, Juno, that's cool." Not amazing by any means, but IS could see that as good enough to consider her.

The best FE6 still has to offer lies more in the direction of Elffin, he's one of the last more major characters left to add. But he's a dude. So, you know they won't put their chips on him, despite him being a more popular request by FE6 fans. They'll stick either Juno or Elen with him, and I think Juno is the more likely of the two. Especially now that she's had some exposure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the in-game notifications, it looks like we're getting light fairy Celica. The website hasn't been updated yet, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

According to the in-game notifications, it looks like we're getting light fairy Celica. The website hasn't been updated yet, though.

Weird, it has for me, all the artwork and everything.

Spoiler

https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00002001000127_01.png?time=1621933126630https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00002001000127_02.png?time=1621933126630https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00002001000127_03.png?time=1621933126630https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/common/img/chara_img_00002001000127_04.png?time=1621933126630

Welp, just add her to the other Resplendents I've already +10ed. Least Distant Def is... kinda useful? She has Blazing Light?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Weird, it has for me, all the artwork and everything.

Hmm, seems to just be an issue with the Japanese site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hmm, seems to just be an issue with the Japanese site.

Nah, it took like ten minutes after the reset for it to update on my end and I was on the English site.

I guess an intern-kun was late in flicking the switch or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd. I checked like 6 minutes after midnight PST, both mobile and desktop, and both were updated just fine for me (otherwise I wouldn't have posted the images), and I'm English.

Curious...

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...