Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We should get the Mythic Hero trailer in about 6 hours. Any guesses on who can be? Do you think they will do a Engage mythic now, or wait a little more?

Engage makes sense in theory, but the most logical candidate would be Lumera, who they made a GHB instead.

The Emblems seem to have mythic-like roles within Engage, but using mythic slots on them sounds wasteful.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

Engage makes sense in theory, but the most logical candidate would be Lumera, who they made a GHB instead.

The Emblems seem to have mythic-like roles within Engage, but using mythic slots on them sounds wasteful.

Wasteful, in a way, yes, but on the other hand, they really don't have a lot of Mythic options left, do they? At least if they stick to the "Must not be in the game already" rule, which the Emblems would kind of semi break. Who do we really have left for Mythics? We can get some more milage out of the rest of the crusaders, Athos, Gotoh, Soan and Lehran (I assume Christmas Sephiran doesn't factor out a Lehran mythic). They'll probably end up giving us Anri at some point, but mainly because they have used up their options. We're only getting the crusaders and legends because among characters that actually appear in the game, it's only really some old men that fit the bill.

I didn't really consider it, but yeah, Lumera definitely should have been a Mythic. I'm sure they'll probably give us her dragon form at some point, but, even though it looks like she's a good unit and she does fight with a sword early in the game, if you're not actually making it an excuse to giver her Liberation then it feels almost pointless to have her in that form. On the other hand, there's no good early game characters to serve as GHB, unless they wanted to make a protagonist fit the role. So I guess she works. I also need to wait and see what her ultimate role in the plot ends up being.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Wasteful, in a way, yes, but on the other hand, they really don't have a lot of Mythic options left, do they? At least if they stick to the "Must not be in the game already" rule, which the Emblems would kind of semi break. Who do we really have left for Mythics? We can get some more milage out of the rest of the crusaders, Athos, Gotoh, Soan and Lehran (I assume Christmas Sephiran doesn't factor out a Lehran mythic). They'll probably end up giving us Anri at some point, but mainly because they have used up their options. We're only getting the crusaders and legends because among characters that actually appear in the game, it's only really some old men that fit the bill.

I didn't really consider it, but yeah, Lumera definitely should have been a Mythic. I'm sure they'll probably give us her dragon form at some point, but, even though it looks like she's a good unit and she does fight with a sword early in the game, if you're not actually making it an excuse to giver her Liberation then it feels almost pointless to have her in that form. On the other hand, there's no good early game characters to serve as GHB, unless they wanted to make a protagonist fit the role. So I guess she works. I also need to wait and see what her ultimate role in the plot ends up being.

Last year, we got just three non-OC mythics: Elimine, Medeus, and Arval. We could continue at that rate for quite a long time, and there's nothing saying they can't decrease the rate of adding mythics again.

They could add in the final boss from Engage, but he's probably too spoiler-y to add right now. Unless they want to make him a very boring no-spoilers-allowed dude, which would suck. Engage can wait until the game's been out longer to get a mythic, if it does have any good candidates for it.

As long as the game doesn't decide to add Seithr's sister as a mythic already, I think I'm just whatever.

They even reduced the amount of Mythic Banners last year by putting 2 Legendary Banners between them.

I have a Engage candidate in mind, but that would be spoilers... So better not now.

Outside Engage or Heroes, Gotoh would be nice, considering we just had a Khadein themed special heroes banner.

One thing it's guaranteed: it's a Light Mythic Hero. I would like to skip this banner, since I want to go for Peony in her remix, but if this new Light Mythic has something to help against Embla and Yune... Something like Null Penalties... I will be tempted to summon.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Hide contents

We're getting two. Fomortiis and Gotoh.

Spoiler

Oh wow. Gotoh is entirely expected, but I didn't think we'd ever get Fomortiis after fallen Lyon. And, while I expected Fallen Lyon, I didn't ever thing we'd get Fomortiis Fomortiis. I thought it would be possessed Lyon summoning him. Are they reallly going to give us the big demon body hanging out in the castle?

5 hours ago, Jotari said:
  Hide contents

Oh wow. Gotoh is entirely expected, but I didn't think we'd ever get Fomortiis after fallen Lyon. And, while I expected Fallen Lyon, I didn't ever thing we'd get Fomortiis Fomortiis. I thought it would be possessed Lyon summoning him. Are they reallly going to give us the big demon body hanging out in the castle?

He's a beast unit with his untransformed state looking like Fallen Lyon.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

He's a beast unit with his untransformed state looking like Fallen Lyon.

Oh, so basically what he should have been in the first place XD makes me wonder if it means we could get the same treatment for Grima and get a character actually labeled as such. Though the Grimas we have already are pretty faithful adaptations of the character already, unless they used the hooded Heirophant design. This really makes Blood Tome just really weird in retrospect. It was fine when it was basically all we had to represent the final battle, but now it's like a weird thing he never actually did in his game.

Edited by Jotari

So... looks like the Valentines heroes got leaked...? There is an image on reddit that shows their names for the Arena bonus units starting on the February 14th.

the names leaked are:

Spoiler

It will be Fates themed:

• Elise & Sakura as Duo Hero
  • Takumi
  • Leo
  • Hana as 4* unit
  • Effie as TT unit

Surprisely, no dead dad... unless you consider Takumi and Leo as dads (although their sons are not in the banner).

And the leak also says that the Seasonal refinement next month is NY Lethe.

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

So... looks like the Valentines heroes got leaked...? There is an image on reddit that shows their names for the Arena bonus units starting on the February 14th.

the names leaked are:

Hide contents

It will be Fates themed:

• Elise & Sakura as Duo Hero
  • Takumi
  • Leo
  • Hana as 4* unit
  • Effie as TT unit

Surprisely, no dead dad... unless you consider Takumi and Leo as dads (although their sons are not in the banner).

And the leak also says that the Seasonal refinement next month is NY Lethe.

Ugh, that's quite a boring lineup. Would be Effie's first seasonal, at least.

Quietly glad my FEH Pass will be gone by then so there's no dilemma about potentially sparking it.

As it is I'm trying to see if I would have enough orbs to both finish my spark on the Engage AHR (20 pulls in) while also sparking Hero Fest. I might have gone about this in the wrong order since the Hero Fest might expire first? Might I finally be forced to complete Blessed Gardens? I still haven't done any of the multi-map ones, heh. Nor have I done a Squad Assault since the 10th one. I see we're up to the 66th one, haha.

Probably going to take a break again after all the imminent events are done, though perhaps Golden Week might also be a good time to end it, we'll see.

EDIT: On the anniversary quests

it looks like we get 15 tickets for Hero Fest? Looking at last year's tickets, it was 10 for Hero Fest and 5 for Valentine's. Hmm.

Edited by Humanoid

Regarding the leaked units, I'm hoping the Duo Hero won't be a must-have like Duo Chrom was and the the 4-star will viable in the Arena for their bonus weeks because it would be nice to get a month off from needing to go full throttle on banners (the New Year banner always being in addition to the regularly scheduled banners throws a wrench in my budgeting), and the character picks are low-key enough (all but the Duo Hero fall squarely in my ambivalent range) that it might actually be possible for me to not mind passing them up.

Looking forward to the next Special Hero refine, though.

Gotoh returns very soon at the end of March, whereas Fomortiis returns a ways off in June.

It also looks like they shuffled the schedule around quite a bit from April onwards. However next month's banner is looking extremely underwhelming in terms of Legendary/Mythic Hero reruns with Xander being the most recent one (and Eitri and Thorr sharing a banner with each other again).

I really want to know how they're planning on making the banner worth pulling on. Blue and green are full with reruns, again with Xander being the most recently released unit. Red has Seliph as the only returning Legendary/Mythic Hero, and the next regular unit in line is Male Shez, who is mostly notable just for being fodder for Atk/Spd Oath 4 and Spd/Def Bulwark. Unless they skip forward to Ascended Tiki or Rearmed Ophelia, I'm not sure they can make red even remotely worth pulling on unless the new unit is extremely good. If they make the new unit colorless, they'll share the banner with Ashera and Elimine and push the more desirable Rearmed Grima back another 2 months.

Someone didn't think this schedule through.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It also looks like they shuffled the schedule around quite a bit from April onwards. However next month's banner is looking extremely underwhelming in terms of Legendary/Mythic Hero reruns with Xander being the most recent one (and Eitri and Thorr sharing a banner with each other again).

I feel like one or two of those Legendary/Mythic scheduled for next month could be in the Hero Fest, like how we got Dimitri and Plumeria last year.

It could be Fae & Thórr, or Eitri & Seiros, then opening blue and green slots for Hardin and Ascended Eir, or even for the new Legendary Hero.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I feel like one or two of those Legendary/Mythic scheduled for next month could be in the Hero Fest, like how we got Dimitri and Plumeria last year.

It could be Fae & Thórr, or Eitri & Seiros, then opening blue and green slots for Hardin and Ascended Eir, or even for the new Legendary Hero.

Even if they removed a unit or two for the Hero Fest, that doesn't fix the fact that Xander is still the most recently released Legendary/Mythic Hero on the banner with this now being his second rerun. Unless they pad the banner with some exceptionally good standard pool reruns, the banner just looks extremely underwhelming.

I feel like their best bet is to either release a new red Legendary Hero and skip ahead in the standard unit rerun schedule to Tiki or Ophelia or release a new colorless Legendary Hero, move Elimine or Ashera to the Hero Fest, and put Rearmed Grima in the third colorless slot.

I went about 10 months without dropping $$$ on the game. Well, i broke my f2p run this moth. At least they look great, no?

Spoiler

301275721_Screenshot_20230126-210307_FireEmblemHeroes.thumb.jpg.84cb9b9906d8deca1f07a2e995540bef.jpg

Spoiler

841813424_Screenshot_20230127-122512_FireEmblemHeroes.thumb.jpg.b2bb06355e09dbb037c3180b3b9afb9c.jpg

I'm heartbroken about not being able to get Arcane Grima this month when i had the FEH pass though. I swear all luck is against me this year. Pls at at least give us a good arcane bow and green/blue tome. that's really all i ask for this year.

Edited by Sil/phire

If that leak is true, well ... on the one hand, one of the only character I care about from said game is on the banner, so might have to save some orbs to see if I can get them. Maybe. I'm still only halfway through the Engage lords banner.

On the other hand, I understand why the leading hero in the Harmonic is who it is, but ... still, I'm a little salty because I only care about the backpack in that pair. Well, at least maybe said backpack will lead a duo or harmonic someday and will be paired with someone I actually like.

Also, whyyyyyy that character as a demote? Seriously, give it to someone who hasn't had a seasonal yet. There is very clearly a thematically appropriate character who really should've gotten it over the one that actually did ;/

One of the regular, reputable dataminers (as opposed to the unnamed one who is the supposed source of the original leak) has found no evidence that lines up with any of the claims, so there's that.