Poll Results Update - Current Top 20 of each gender

BANRYU

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I really hope some YouTuber isn't the one responsible for some of these placements. It'd be a shame to everyone else if certain characters won just because of a YouTubers influence.

Donnel being 10 is definitive proof that Etika is affecting the votes.

20 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

That's a lot of 3DS characters, which makes sense. Nice to see Hector at #3 though. None of the people I voted for are on here xD

Same, but then again I've been voting primarily for Binding Blade characters so I wasn't really expecting any of them except our boy Roy to make it into the top 10.

Otherwise, woo for a surprising amount of non-3DS representation! 16/40 is pretty good, even if some of those are overlapping characters. I especially wasn't expecting the top 3 of the men's poll to be all non-3DS characters, or for Lyn to dominate the female polls as she's been doing.

Edited by AzureSen

I just realized that there's not a single Jugdral or Gaiden character here, not even Alm or Celica, I expected them to gain a little boost since Echoes: SoV is coming soon. I feel bad for those who voted for Sigurd or Seliph.

Edited by UdoGudo

Quite a shame there are no Jugdral characters in the top 20 (Valencia is certainly the most obscure game in the series, not really surprised). At this point I just hope that Lucina won't take first place, and that Tharja (even Camilla is better than her IMO) fall from the top 3

Edited by Sartek

4 hours ago, Kirokan said:

That's a lot of 3DS characters, which makes sense. Nice to see Hector at #3 though. None of the people I voted for are on here xD

My friend, it's not about getting your favorites on there, it's about sending a message. I knew it would be futile to vote for Arvis, Lyon and Reyson but I did it anyway. 

I mean that's what I tell myself anyway.

I'm really surprised not to see more Fates characters on that list. I mean, yeah, we've got Camilla and fem!Corrin but there's no sight of Xander on the top 20 and he has consistently placed well in Fates-specific polls. 

But seriously Azura? And Felicia being placed above her sister!? I'm literally shaking right now. If I have to vote on Micaiah to knock down Azura I will!

Edited by Thane

It's 2017 and I still don't understand the hype for Chrom or Corrin. Not surprised, though.

I'm happy to see Henry, Lon'qu, and Owain all make the top 20 (that is really just a top 18 if Marth and Ike are both on there twice - that would make Henry #10! Nyahaha!) as they are literally my favorite Awakening guys. I'm amazed more people seem to prefer Donnel of all characters, though, unless it really is just because of a YouTuber.

Like anyone else, I just wish my other non-lord favorites had made it and am praying they still can in the end. I don't really know what else to say.

Oh, my guesses weren't that far from the truth. At least the characters, even if I missed a few of them, and the order.

*squints* Micaiah ?!

Spoiler

729y6f.jpg

I mean, Ghast asked for Seliph and Hector.

Also, slightly disappointed that only one version of Marth placed in the top 10. And he's under Chrom :angry:

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

17 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Pfff, Etika. This guy is so bad, he makes mistake after mistake, why do people even listen to him? I mean, Ghast asked for Seliph and Hector.

I've never watched an entire video with the guy because I'm obviously not his target audience, but knock it off with comments like these. If nothing else, Etika knows how to have fun, something I'm convinced a lot of people within this fandom has forgotten about in the midst of complaining about the death of the gaming industry after the release of Awakening.

People like different stuff and have different tastes. Shocking, I know.

19 minutes ago, Thane said:

I've never watched an entire video with the guy because I'm obviously not his target audience, but knock it off with comments like these. If nothing else, Etika knows how to have fun, something I'm convinced a lot of people within this fandom has forgotten about in the midst of complaining about the death of the gaming industry after the release of Awakening.

People like different stuff and have different tastes. Shocking, I know.

Seeing Donnel here because SOMEONE asked for it for trolling is wasting the poll. Clearly, he isn't that popular.

Never said anything against Fates or Awakening though, rather the opposite, even about the writing... And there are people whose videos are also fun to watch while being correct on a gameplay point.

17 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Seeing Donnel here because SOMEONE asked for it for trolling is wasting the poll. Clearly, he isn't that popular.

Do you think people are just mindless drones? If Donnel is a popular character in his community or even has a meme status - much like Dorcas who also appears on that list - then it's no wonder people vote for him.

More importantly, however, you can't possibly know one Streamer is the only reason why Donnel is in the top 10. If you've got any proof it's only because of him and not because a lot of people like Donnel, I'd like to see it.

19 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

And there are people whose videos are also fun to watch while being correct on a gameplay point.

And there are people who love watching people suck at video games too and watch because the personality of the let's player is appealing to them.

This statement is so broad that it means absolutely nothing. I could just as easily say "there are videos of people playing a video game really well that are super impopular too". You just sound like a gatekeeping elitist if you're going to complain about how someone plays the game for fun.

The first vote I did was Lyn. It was the night of The Gaiden Remake's announcement.

GUESS WHO IS FIRST NOW

17 hours ago, Birdy said:

Ahaha, if that truly is their favorite unit, I see no problem with it. But it's kinda advertising certain characters and I'm thinking the gap between those three and the rest will grow because of this. Maybe they should have done top 20?

... Nintendo send the list out 10 hours ago, hmm... :thinking:

I now wish for a million dollars! I'm secretly a member of Nintendo staff, you guys can pay me to 'influence' the charts...

In all seriousness, I'm a tiny bit sad the older games seem to get no love. It's understandable I guess, but still ;_;.

Edited by Birdy

44 minutes ago, Thane said:

Do you think people are just mindless drones? If Donnel is a popular character in his community or even has a meme status - much like Dorcas who also appears on that list - then it's no wonder people vote for him.

Sometimes, yes. And I can tell you, there's way worst than that.

More importantly, however, you can't possibly know one Streamer is the only reason why Donnel is in the top 10. If you've got any proof it's only because of him and not because a lot of people like Donnel, I'd like to see it.

He's a huge factor that can't be neglected. His video has been seen almost 180 000 times. That's almost 1/10th of Fates' or Awakening's sales. Considering that each person won't vote either in his community or in the 2 millions people that bought the game, if there's a lot of his fans who will vote 12 times for Donnel because he asked, that still makes a big difference. Especially because there are a lot of persons who try to vote for different characters each time. Seeing him above Henry who's also very popular and subject to memes and comics too tend to make me believe he has his role in this. You won't change my mind about that.

You just sound like a gatekeeping elitist if you're going to complain about how someone plays the game for fun.

I've nothing against that. For example, I never complained about Casual mode, that, if I don't use it personally, I see nothing wrong with people choosing it. 

But the fact that his fans impose their presence massively to others for trolling in this poll is something else.

Treating me of elitist is also very funny by the way.

4 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

That must mean you must think of yourself as a mindless drone sometimes as well. Here's a question I'm going to ask in Thane's stead: do you consider yourself to be "better" than these presumedly existing people who are voting Donnel because you think someone asked them to?

I'd like to say I find the results of the poll deeply fascinating and interesting ... but I really don't. I'm not even voting because there is probably no way that either of my two most wanted characters will score anywhere high enough to get in, much less make it onto a top anything list, so eh. It's not a big deal at all. I'm sure it's disappointing if your most wanted character doesn't get in or get top 10, but the world isn't going to end and there's really no reason to get too upset about it.

Edited by Sunwoo

These are definitely some... interesting results. Largely unsurprising however, Dorcas gave me a laugh. Would have liked to see Jill and Elincia in top 30, but eh it is what it is and all that.

I'll just keep throwing my votes at characters I enjoy either way.

20 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I'll just repeat Sunwoo's question here: do you consider yourself better than some random people on the internet because you think they voted in a poll because Etika told them to?

He's a huge factor that can't be neglected. His video has been seen almost 180 000 times. That's almost 1/10th of Fates' or Awakening's sales. Considering that each person won't vote either in his community or in the 2 millions people that bought the game, if there's a lot of his fans who will vote 12 times for Donnel because he asked, that still makes a big difference.

This is just random speculation. How many of those views were people who just clicked on the video and then left? How many people are actually fans of Etika? How many people just wanted to see his reaction and nothing else? You're being absolutely ridiculous.

Especially because there are a lot of persons who try to vote for different characters each time.

There are also a lot of people who vote for the same character over and over again. If you go to Reddit you'll see people campaigning for Lyn just so she can stay ahead of Lucina; isn't that influencing the fanbase? Why is that acceptable but Etika's presumed influence is not? 

Seeing him above Henry who's also very popular and subject to memes and comics too tend to make me believe he has his role in this. You won't change my mind about that

So because Henry appears in some fan art, he should be ahead of Donnel, is that what you're saying? 

Also, are you okay with Dorcas being in here because he's essentially a meme? It's beginning to sound like you're just salty over the results more than anything else.

I've nothing against that. For example, I never complained about Casual mode, that, if I don't use it personally, I see nothing wrong with people choosing it. 

So? You still complained about an entertainer playing poorly and that people were watching him in spite of that; how does that not make you sound elitist?

But the fact that his fans impose their presence massively to others for trolling in this poll is something else.

So these are all facts? Then you should be able to present some proof that it's only because of Etika Donnel is in the top 10. Keep in mind Etika also mentioned he wants to see all his waifus in the game - that's what he's (in)famous for - so why don't the fans do the same if they're just drones who follow his orders? 

Treating me of elitist is also very funny by the way.

elitist

[ih-lee-tist ey-lee‐] 

noun
a person having, thought to have, or professing superior intellect or talent, power, wealth, or membership in the upper echelons of society
Edited by Thane

Just now, Sunwoo said:

That must mean you must think of yourself as a mindless drone sometimes as well.

No. Where did you even saw that? I'm not considering myself perfect, far from that, but Y'know, I'm not living with the nicest persons in the world, so voting because someone asked so doesn't shock me unduly.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Here's a question I'm going to ask in Thane's stead: do you consider yourself to be "better" than these presumedly existing people who are voting Donnel because you think someone asked them to?

I never said that. I said that it had an impact and kind of falsified the results and that everyone should vote in their good conscience rather than listening to X or Y person.

1 minute ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

No. Where did you even saw that? I'm not considering myself perfect, far from that, but Y'know, I'm not living with the nicest persons in the world, so voting because someone asked so doesn't shock me unduly.

I think you're giving way too much of a shit about votes for characters in a Fire Emblem game. After all, it's not like anyone's advocating for anything that has serious implications in real life. Certainly feels uncalled for to call a bunch of people you don't even know for certain voted for Donnel on behalf of some guy "sometimes yes, I think they are mindless drones". Where is your proof that people who voted Donnel did so because of this guy?

1 minute ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I never said that. I said that it had an impact and kind of falsified the results and that everyone should vote in their good conscience rather than listening to X or Y person.

Yeah, and things such as putting characters who have two versions of themselves on twice, letting people vote repeatedly in an official favorite characters poll, splitting up results by male and female characters instead of total votes, and other such practices falsify results as well. Pretty much anything except for giving all characters one vote and counting pure numbers of votes not separated by gender can qualify as "falsifying". So why is this making you raise a big stink and not any other practices that could be considered falsifying?

Don't get Tharjas appeal not even attractive imo and is terrible in every sense....replace with an actual good and attractive character in a heartbeat!

Camilla I saw coming still bad....

Donnel was because of some dumb hashtag....

Female Corrin no just no....

Roy Smash people

Split characters should've combined ie Ike and Marth others were screwed because of this like Tiki and probably Owain

Love that Lyn, Micaiah, Eirika, Cordelia, Ike, Hector, Male Robin and Ephraim are in the top 10!