"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Before I commit and build is this a solid horse team and any recommendations welcomed and why?

Horse emblem team all 5*

Xander 

W: Siegfried

S: Reposition

Sp: Ignis

A: Fury 3

B: Quick Riposte 3

C: hone/fortify/goad Calvary?

SS:-

Camus

W: Gradivus

Sp: Bonfire

Cecilia

W: Gronnblade+

Sp: Moonbow

A: Deathblow 3

B: G Tomebreaker 3

C: Hone Calvary 

Reinhardt

W: Dire Thunder

Sp: Luna

B: Lancebreaker 3

C: Goad Calvary

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Blow skills stack with the secondary effects of Legendary weapons that have Blow skills built into them? Like, does Death Blow 3 stack with Durandal?

If not, then does a Blow skill like Swift Sparrow 2 stack with such a weapon, such as Yato or Durandal, without canceling out the effect of either skill?

As much as I'd like to find out for myself, the only such skill I have is on my Spring Lucina, the only one I have.

Edited by Xenomata

13 hours ago, Xenomata said:

It's probably not even the reasons that have already been given to you: if you greet 4 or less friends, you wind up only getting feathers equal to the amount of friends you greeted. I've had it happen to me a few times, and it still bothers me that my feather total is now unrecoverably not a multiple of 5.

So a very low-key question... what the hell is up with the fancy presentation of telling me "YOU GOT 2 ORBS!!!"

Yes I know it's been 6 months and all, but... overkill much? We've had this event happen like 30 or 40 times already, and it was never met with confetti and gold.

This way, people know exactly when they will stop getting 2 orbs and won't complain as much when the 2 orbs end because it's now obvious that it's a limited time thing.

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Do Blow skills stack with the secondary effects of Legendary weapons that have Blow skills built into them? Like, does Death Blow 3 stack with Durandal?

If not, then does a Blow skill like Swift Sparrow 2 stack with such a weapon, such as Yato or Durandal?

As much as I'd like to find out for myself, the only such skill I have is on my Spring Lucina, the only one I have.

Yes. All in-battle buffs stack with each other.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This way, people know exactly when they will stop getting 2 orbs and won't complain as much when the 2 orbs end because it's now obvious that it's a limited time thing.

Yes. All in-battle buffs stack with each other.

...that almost sounds sarcastic, but knowing people it seems also true...

...thanks for the in-battle buff info either way.

Do the stat bonuses for Tempest bonus units affect the 20% units or just the 40% units?

It would be nice to use the Alm I built up for last Tempest again.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do the stat bonuses for Tempest bonus units affect the 20% units or just the 40% units?

It would be nice to use the Alm I built up for last Tempest again.

I think it's both since they don't specify

i could use my Alm too, but Celica with life and death and +5 speed....

heheheh

9 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I think it's both since they don't specify

i could use my Alm too, but Celica with life and death and +5 speed....

heheheh

Why not use both, if they both get the boost?  I'm planning to use both Alm and Sonya.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Why not use both, if they both get the boost?  I'm planning to use both Alm and Sonya.

That's probably not gonna happen heh

if both get the boost, I'm bungee jumping off a cliff 

1 hour ago, CorruptedChrome said:

Before I commit and build is this a solid horse team and any recommendations welcomed and why?

Horse emblem team all 5*

Xander
W: Siegfried
Sp: Ignis

Camus
W: Gradivus
Sp: Bonfire

Cecilia
W: Gronnblade+
Sp: Moonbow
B: G Tomebreaker 3
C: Hone Calvary

Reinhardt
W: Dire Thunder
Sp: Luna
B: Lancebreaker 3
C: Goad Calvary

I would give Camus and Xander Moonbow since they will be able to activate it every Enemy Phase and kill more things with it. In my opinion, waiting on Bonfire and Ignis is not worth it. As Enemy Phase units utilizing Fury, they should maximize their kill count in their first round of combat as much as possible; Fury reduces their performance every round and it is not guaranteed that they can tank another round after their first. I see them as one use landmines to take out high threat targets that your ranged cavalry cannot touch, such as Hector. If you give Xander Triangle Adept, then it does not really matter what Special you give him since he will kill most greens with two hits.

If you can afford it, Cecilia should run Life and Death. If not, then Fury. Cecilia really needs Speed to maximize her Blade tome damage with double attacks. If you run Life and Death, she should be running Desperation instead of Breakers.

Reinhardt should run Moonbow and Quickened Pulse. If you want to give Quickened Pulse to someone else, then Luna is fine.

If you have Ursula, I would replace Camus with her. I find ranged cavalry to be easier to use since they have greater range. Ursula should run the same skill set as Blade Cecilia.

I prefer running two Hone Cavalry and two Fortify Cavalry. I find Goad and Ward to be less useful on cavalry.

Edited by XRay

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would give Camus and Xander Moonbow since they will be able to activate it every Enemy Phase and kill more things with it. In my opinion, waiting on Bonfire and Ignis is not worth it. As Enemy Phase units utilizing Fury, they should maximize their kill count in their first round of combat as much as possible; Fury reduces their performance every round and it is not guaranteed that they can tank another round after their first. I see them as one use landmines to take out high threat targets that your ranged cavalry cannot touch, such as Hector. If you give Xander Triangle Adept, then it does not really matter what Special you give him since he will kill most greens with two hits.

If you can afford it, Cecilia should run Life and Death. If not, then Fury. Cecilia really needs Speed to maximize her Blade tome damage with double attacks. If you run Life and Death, she should be running Desperation instead of Breakers.

Reinhardt should run Moonbow and Quickened Pulse. If you want to give Quickened Pulse to someone else, then Luna is fine.

If you have Ursula, I would replace Camus with her. I find ranged cavalry to be easier to use since they have greater range. Ursula should run the same skill set as Blade Cecilia.

I prefer running two Hone Cavalry and two Fortify Cavalry. I find Goad and Ward to be less useful on cavalry.

Thanks for all the advice , I lll build off of what you told me , thanks a bunch ! 

So, Arena assault makes it obvious I lack just one 5* Blue unit (though two would be nice, actually). I have 40k feathers and done with my list of units I want to 5* urgently now that the Askr trio and Xander and Cecilia are all promoted; so I need to consider which Blue unit I could promote.

My current roster of 5* Blue is: Linde, Cordelia (bad nature, i have a good one waiting on the wing, requiring promotion before merge), Camus, Sharena, Ninian (currently grinding sp to be finalized), Peri (trained but not built)

My contenders 4*-5*

• Ursula: to finish the cavalry team and since i've yet to pull any Rein and Olwen. OTOH with a Blade tome  Ursula can more less still fight even at 4* with cavalry support.
  • Effie (+def/-res): Effie is a strong unit but this isn't an ideal IV and i'm not super fond of playing with armors
  • fCorrin (+speed/-res): a good IV for fCorrin, but she's not considered the best dragon.
  • Nowi (+def/-Hp): considered a good dragon. Not sure about the IV.
  • Robin (+Att/-def): Robin has been falling hard as a unit though, but it would be another blue mage...
  • Somebody else??? Here's the rest of my blue roster for reference:
tumblr_inline_oudsr9AkYy1qmcr4a_540.png

Do you guys have suggestions?

2 hours ago, salinea said:

So, Arena assault makes it obvious I lack just one 5* Blue unit (though two would be nice, actually). I have 40k feathers and done with my list of units I want to 5* urgently now that the Askr trio and Xander and Cecilia are all promoted; so I need to consider which Blue unit I could promote.

My current roster of 5* Blue is: Linde, Cordelia (bad nature, i have a good one waiting on the wing, requiring promotion before merge), Camus, Sharena, Ninian (currently grinding sp to be finalized), Peri (trained but not built)

My contenders 4*-5*

• Ursula: to finish the cavalry team and since i've yet to pull any Rein and Olwen. OTOH with a Blade tome  Ursula can more less still fight even at 4* with cavalry support.
  • Effie (+def/-res): Effie is a strong unit but this isn't an ideal IV and i'm not super fond of playing with armors
  • fCorrin (+speed/-res): a good IV for fCorrin, but she's not considered the best dragon.
  • Nowi (+def/-Hp): considered a good dragon. Not sure about the IV.
  • Robin (+Att/-def): Robin has been falling hard as a unit though, but it would be another blue mage...
  • Somebody else??? Here's the rest of my blue roster for reference:

tumblr_inline_oudsr9AkYy1qmcr4a_540.png

Do you guys have suggestions?

Msybe donnel?

Nowi is also a good unit, but -HP +def isn't ideal... ideally you want +spd to prevent getting doubled.

Now for my question:

I have a +atk -spd delthia and a nutral delthia. Which shpuld I use?

49 minutes ago, TheBraveGallade said:

I have a +atk -spd delthia and a nutral delthia. Which shpuld I use?

Personally, I would go with neutral. I had to make that decision with my 4* merged Cecilia as well.

If someone loses to your defense team in Arena Assault, does it show up as a normal defense win?

i'm on the Celica hell chain challenge and really don't want to risk losing when i'm on the second to last stage..so when it says you're on your 4/5th turn, and have 5 turns to win..does that mean after you finish this turn, the enemy moves, and then it's game over if you didn't kill them all? or do you get one more player phase turn after that? i always get mixed up on this stuff.

2 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

i'm on the Celica hell chain challenge and really don't want to risk losing when i'm on the second to last stage..so when it says you're on your 4/5th turn, and have 5 turns to win..does that mean after you finish this turn, the enemy moves, and then it's game over if you didn't kill them all? or do you get one more player phase turn after that? i always get mixed up on this stuff.

It means you'll lose once Turn 5 Enemy Phase ends, instead of progressing to Turn 6.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It means you'll lose once Turn 5 Enemy Phase ends, instead of progressing to Turn 6.

well..shit..that sucks. i hate this Chain Challenge so much. i have a solid strat to get to the 9th stage with only two teams, but idk what to do for the last two stages?? but someone always dies on the 9th, and i'm crippled for the 10th. the stats are just way too inflated, can't kill anything, can't tank anything, gg..wonder if having a Reinfart on my Horse Emblem could do anything..it sucks bringing Horse Emblem to the final maps because of the bane weapons but the only thing i feel like i can do vs inflated stats is have my own inflated stats..

32 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I don't know if it's different elsewhere, but for 9-5, there isn't an enemy phase on the last turn. You lose if the opponent is not routed at the end of that turn's player phase.

Both my dragon team and armor team have trouble with those maps because they effectively have one fewer turn to complete the map.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't know if it's different elsewhere, but for 9-5, there isn't an enemy phase on the last turn. You lose if the opponent is not routed at the end of that turn's player phase.

I thought 9-5 doesn't have a turn limit. Unless you meant 10-5?

Probably because the AI on that map is scripted to never move even after provoking an enemy.

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I thought 9-5 doesn't have a turn limit. Unless you meant 10-5?

Probably because the AI on that map is scripted to never move even after provoking an enemy.

Whichever one is Ike's.

The AI on that map doesn't move unless someone is in range (or using a Rally on a unit that can attack) of that individual unit, which means putting a unit in range on the last turn results in a loss before the enemy gets the chance to kill themselves on you.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Whichever one is Ike's.

The AI on that map doesn't move unless someone is in range (or using a Rally on a unit that can attack) of that individual unit, which means putting a unit in range on the last turn results in a loss before the enemy gets the chance to kill themselves on you.

Which has certainly ruined some of my runs, too...

I don't get why the game pretends like it's not about nuking the other team into oblivion sometimes.

25 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I pulled a +Def/-Atk Sonya which I know is real bad. Should I still build her out? If I do what do you think is the best build for her?

There is no mage Blades cannot fix. She will not be stellar, but she will be viable. I personally will not build her unless you plan to pull more of her to get something better. -Atk is also not that bad due to Blade tomes.

Gronnblade, Moonbow
Life and Death, Breaker/Desperation

Edited by XRay

So I'm going have to use Berkut for Tempest Trials and just want a second opinion on skills.

I'm using a blade team so he will replace Sharena this time. Team will be Berkut, Olivia, Linde and Tharja.

I'm thinking the build we be something like:

Berkut's Lance/ Sapphire Lance / maybe Firesweep Lance

Draw Back / Rally Def / Rally Def+Res

B-Swordbreaker

C-Fortify Res (if using Rally Def)/Hone Speed  

No A Slot or Special yet since I only have 1000 SP on him.

Not sure if he needs to change his weapon, but the idea with Sapphire Lance+Swordbreaker makes him an emergency Sword check (I gave Sully's skills to him). I have a spare Roderick so I'm not sure if inheriting a Firesweep Lance with Rally Def/Res is a good option.

The other option is Draw Back for mobility but the only other buffers I have in my team are Hone Attack for Olivia and Fortify Res for Linde. Because Linde already has Fortify Res, maybe Rally Def is a cheaper option? Definitely think Hone Speed is needed though. 

Although I guess I could merge him with my other 4 star Berkut. Is there anything skill from Berkut that people want? (I guess Ward Cavalry but I find I use Hone/Fortify Cav buffs more)

Any tips will help :)