"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Hmm... I'll be transferring phones soon and I just wanted to be clear that my account data is backed up. So long as you registered your Nintendo account to the game at some point, it automatically backs everything up, right? You won't lose everything you did since registering?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Hmm... I'll be transferring phones soon and I just wanted to be clear that my account data is backed up. So long as you registered your Nintendo account to the game at some point, it automatically backs everything up, right? You won't lose everything you did since registering?

You won't lose anything,  I can confirm it.

6 hours ago, Mob said:

good users of fort def/res? got a lucky free summon the new banner, +hp -def. i've already got a high investment duma so i don't see myself using a second armoured dragon. the skill seems good on units with mixed bulk who either have a dc weapon or don't want DC. i've only really seen it on units with it as a base kit or support units to increase bulk. is this it's best use?

You either give it to M!Corrin +Def/Res so he can draw Chills to himself, give it to a Sabotage/Ploy support unit, give it to a regular Enemy Phase tank as you have mentioned or Melancholy staff unit with high Def/Res like Silque so they can stand a better chance to tank Blazing nukes, .

As for which use is best, I think they are all very valid uses, so it depends on what you need more or use more.

For example, if you use regular Eir a lot, you can give her Temari from Renewed Spirit Eir, so Eir can provide additional support with debuffs. If this is the case, then I would prioritize Eir to receive Fort Def/Res.

Alternatively, if you Fjorm a lot and you use her as a super tank, you can give it to her so she can better withstand Blazing mages.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

How good is Naga's default build for +Speed -Res Naga?

I would replace Luna with Moonbow and give her Reposition or another Assist. If she fights on the front line a lot, then I would also replace Chill Spd with Desperation if you use her on Player Phase, or Guard and Quick Riposte if you use her more as an Enemy Phase unit; Swordbreaker is also an option to deal with Falchions.

If you are using her outside of Aether Raids, you will have to replace her A skill as well. For budget options, Life and Death and Fury are good for Player Phase, while Steady Posture is decent for Enemy Phase.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I would replace Luna with Moonbow and give her Reposition or another Assist. If she fights on the front line a lot, then I would also replace Chill Spd with Desperation if you use her on Player Phase, or Guard and Quick Riposte if you use her more as an Enemy Phase unit; Swordbreaker is also an option to deal with Falchions.

If you are using her outside of Aether Raids, you will have to replace her A skill as well. For budget options, Life and Death and Fury are good for Player Phase, while Steady Posture is decent for Enemy Phase.

Base kit only, no SI.

11 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Base kit only, no SI.

It is usable, but just do not expect it to be amazing or anything.

Outside of Aether Raids, then you definitely need to switch out the A slot though.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is usable, but just do not expect it to be amazing or anything.

Outside of Aether Raids, then you definitely need to switch out the A slot though.

So as I thought.  Glad to finally have another Astra mythic Duma.  I suppose they'll both be fine to use for AR on the same team?

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So as I thought.  Glad to finally have another Astra mythic Duma.  I suppose they'll both be fine to use for AR on the same team?

Duma is Anima, so he does not do anything for scoring on offense.

For offense, only Light and Astra improves your score. Similarly, on defense, only Dark and Anima reduce your Lift loss.

Duma is not that great in my opinion on offense unless you have a lot of resources to invest in him, like a dual phase armor team with lots of merges.

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Thanks!

One exception is purchased orbs if you're switching between Android and iOS. They don't disappear as such, but you can only access them on the same OS as where you bought them.

That said, you can have any number of devices linked to the same account so you can just have FEH on both at the same time if you're nervous about the switch. That is, link on your new device and verify that everything is fine before you get rid of your old device. Do NOT use the "Delete all data" button in the app, just let the factory reset get rid of it on your old device before you sell/give/throw it away.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

One exception is purchased orbs if you're switching between Android and iOS. They don't disappear as such, but you can only access them on the same OS as where you bought them.

That said, you can have any number of devices linked to the same account so you can just have FEH on both at the same time if you're nervous about the switch. That is, link on your new device and verify that everything is fine before you get rid of your old device. Do NOT use the "Delete all data" button in the app, just let the factory reset get rid of it on your old device before you sell/give/throw it away.

Thanks for the advice! Also, I've been F2P since launch, so thankfully, I don't need to worry about the purchasing stuff. Helpful information all the same, though! I appreciate it. 🙂

I just summoned a Tharja, and it's the last copy I need to make my first +10. And the best part is that it's +Atk so I can change mine from +Spd. Perfect 😁 My question is, since I'm changing the IV, I assume I need to level up the new unit to 40, right? Does it matter if i do it before or after merging? Will the blessing carry over?  Is there anything else I need to know? 

6 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I just summoned a Tharja, and it's the last copy I need to make my first +10. And the best part is that it's +Atk so I can change mine from +Spd. Perfect 😁 My question is, since I'm changing the IV, I assume I need to level up the new unit to 40, right? Does it matter if i do it before or after merging? Will the blessing carry over?  Is there anything else I need to know? 

First off, congrats, secondly-

You will need to level up your Tharja, after merging she'll get any blessings and skills that the previous base had. Hope this helps XD

Eta: the Base Tharja keeps her levels post merge.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

OK, just so I'm clear because I've never changed IVs while merging before. I should level the new +Atk copy up to 40, then merge my current +Spd +9 copy into that one? Can I just level up to 40 using crystals, or do I need to grind manually for SP to buy the skills she inherits?

4 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

OK, just so I'm clear because I've never changed IVs while merging before. I should level the new +Atk copy up to 40, then merge my current +Spd +9 copy into that one? Can I just level up to 40 using crystals, or do I need to grind manually for SP to buy the skills she inherits?

You do not need to level her up before merging. You can merge your existing +9 into the new +Atk base, which will become Lv. 1 +10. Any skills the +9 has learned will already be unlocked on the Lv. 1 +10. The blessing of the +9 will be carried over unless you already have one on the Lv. 1 copy.

Edit: You do need to make sure that you 5* the Lv 1 copy first, but no further action is required.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

You do not need to level her up before merging. You can merge your existing +9 into the new +Atk base, which will become Lv. 1 +10. Any skills the +9 has learned will already be unlocked on the Lv. 1 +10. The blessing of the +9 will be carried over unless you already have one on the Lv. 1 copy.

Thanks. And before I make a huge mistake, I should change her IV to +Atk, right? That's preferred for a cc/vantage unit, right?

26 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I recommend merging before you level up, so it is easier to train her in the Special Training Maps.

Blessings will carry over.

Just in case you did not know, make sure the +Atk base copy is 5* before you merge. If you merge into a 4* base copy, while the 4* copy will be +10, promoting the 4*+10 will make it 5*+0 and not 5*+10.

So basically the order is:

0. Train 4* +Atk base copy to level 40. This step is optional; you can skip this step if you do not want to grind for SP. Additional info in spoilers:

Spoiler

Grinding this step will give about 3,000 to 4,000 SP if you have R Tome Valor and the unit is training during double SP weekends.

For the getting the most amount of SP while grinding, you want to grind the lowest difficulty map as often as possible.

The easiest Normal difficulty can be grinded until level 15/14/12 for 3/4/5* units.

The second Normal difficulty can be grinded until level 26/24/22 for 3/4/5* units.

The easiest Hard difficulty can be grinded until level 36/34/32 for 3/4/5* units.

The second Hard difficulty can be grinded until level 39 for all rarities of units.

Lunatic difficulty can be grinded by all levels for all rarities of units.

If you SP grind for both 4* and 5* levels, Tharja would end up with around 7,000 to 8,000 SP.

1. Promote 4* +Atk bade copy to 5*.

2. Merge you 5*+9 into the +Atk base copy.

3. Train your new 5*+10 to level 40.

5 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Thanks. And before I make a huge mistake, I should change her IV to +Atk, right? That's preferred for a cc/vantage unit, right?

Yes. Counter-Vantage units only care about their Atk stat, so make sure it is +Atk.

To make sure nothing go wrong during merging, favourite your +Atk copy. Favorited units cannot be get rid of until you unfavorite it.

Edited by XRay

Cool. Thanks for the info guys. So pumped to finally be a part of the +10 club now, lol. 

I asked in another thread, but I may as well ask here too. I pulled and extra Edlegard, and instead of merging her I thought about giving Rouse Atk/Def 3 to Tharja. I figured that would help her keep her bladetome buffed up when she's away from team mates, which sometimes happens if I smite her into a group of enemies and everyone doesn't die in one round, or some are out of range. It will let her be a little self sufficient with buffs. Good idea or no?

8AfCrAtl.png

26 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I asked in another thread, but I may as well ask here too. I pulled and extra Edlegard, and instead of merging her I thought about giving Rouse Atk/Def 3 to Tharja. I figured that would help her keep her bladetome buffed up when she's away from team mates, which sometimes happens if I smite her into a group of enemies and everyone doesn't die in one round, or some are out of range. It will let her be a little self sufficient with buffs. Good idea or no?

That is not a bad idea, but I think it is a bit too redundant and Rouse is not really strong enough on its own in my opinion. I rather run Savage Blow or Res Smoke on the C slot. since it usually is not too hard for Tharja to come back and be buffed by Azura: Vallite Songstress.

Units that do not die in one round would have either killed Tharja already since her bulk would be pretty low once in Vantage range, or they would be at full HP since they did not attack Tharja. There is not really anything you can do about the former besides running AMH!Hector to deal additional damage and hope Tharja got enough Atk to take out the rest of their HP. For the latter where enemies have full HP because they did not attack, Rouse does not provide enough Atk to kill them in one shot.

I think Edelgard's skill set is best given to units who can do automatic follow up attacks like herself. You can browse a list of Weapons here to see which ones can do automatic follow-up attacks. The most notable ones in my opinion are Ephraim: Legendary Lord and Leif: Unifier of Thracia; Ephraim: Legendary Lord is the original solo unit that Edelgard later emulated. Leif: Unifier of Thracia is just fucking crazy since he a ranged unit with a 3 cooldown Galeforce.

Edited by XRay

I just added another merge to my Priscilla, so now I want to finish getting her built up. I need to give her either Wrathful or Dazzling staff and I'm not sure what is the smartest way to go about it. Here's what I have. I have a B!Camilla combat manual for Wrathful, and I pulled a W!Eirika last week for the purpose of fodder.  I already refined Priscilla's Pain+ for dazzling, but I don't mind spending the stones to refine the other way if I have to, or I may end up switching her to refined Panic+ if I use her in AR-D, so I don't really care which I give her in the B slot, I just want to make the smartest choice when foddering. How can I maximize this transaction? I do have a single copy of dancer Elincia, so I could give Priscilla Atk/Spd Push 3 from her, then inherit Atk/Spd Push 4 along with Wrathful from Camilla, but I was thinking about giving Cloud Maiougi to another dagger user if I end up not wanting to keep Elincia so I don't know. 

I just want to get Priscilla going, but I don't want to do anything I'll regret later. What do you guys think?

4 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I just added another merge to my Priscilla, so now I want to finish getting her built up. I need to give her either Wrathful or Dazzling staff and I'm not sure what is the smartest way to go about it. Here's what I have. I have a B!Camilla combat manual for Wrathful, and I pulled a W!Eirika last week for the purpose of fodder.  I already refined Priscilla's Pain+ for dazzling, but I don't mind spending the stones to refine the other way if I have to, or I may end up switching her to refined Panic+ if I use her in AR-D, so I don't really care which I give her in the B slot, I just want to make the smartest choice when foddering. How can I maximize this transaction? I do have a single copy of dancer Elincia, so I could give Priscilla Atk/Spd Push 3 from her, then inherit Atk/Spd Push 4 along with Wrathful from Camilla, but I was thinking about giving Cloud Maiougi to another dagger user if I end up not wanting to keep Elincia so I don't know. 

I just want to get Priscilla going, but I don't want to do anything I'll regret later. What do you guys think?

Depends on how much you value Dancers/Singers and Special Heroes. The only time I foddered Special Heroes was with Bridal Blooms Lyn and BB!Cordelia, as I got a ton of extra copies of them. I do not think I have foddered a 5* Dancer/Singer for skill inheritance yet either since they are too valuable for me when I create Player Phase teams without a Firesweep archer, since the Dancer/Singer on the team then takes on the Firesweeper's role to handle problematic Enemy Phase units.

If you do not care too much about collecting Special Heroes or Dancers/Singers, I would fodder Elincia for Atk/Spd Push and then fodder Brave Echoes Camilla.

Cloud Maiougi is not bad, but I think Splashy Bucket is better for skill inheritance if you need a way to counter dragons, since Splashy Bucket does not disable your own Desperation.

I was thinking Cloud Maiougi's value was more in the blocking Vantage effect with dragon killing as a bonus. But yeah, I'm not thrilled about sacrificing my only copy of a unit, especially a rare seasonal, but there's really no other way if I want to make my merge projects the best they can be. Not too worried about the dancer thing, as it seems like I have a million of them most with better skills anyway. Although I pulled dancing Xander with intent of using him as CC fodder, but I ended up liking him so much I gave him some SI and will probably keep him. I really wish building effective staff units wasn't so expensive.... I'm just not sure what I want to do. Uggg

2 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I was thinking Cloud Maiougi's value was more in the blocking Vantage effect with dragon killing as a bonus. But yeah, I'm not thrilled about sacrificing my only copy of a unit, especially a rare seasonal, but there's really no other way if I want to make my merge projects the best they can be. Not too worried about the dancer thing, as it seems like I have a million of them most with better skills anyway. Although I pulled dancing Xander with intent of using him as CC fodder, but I ended up liking him so much I gave him some SI and will probably keep him. I really wish building effective staff units wasn't so expensive.... I'm just not sure what I want to do. Uggg

Staff units really only need Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff on the B slot to work to ensure they deal enough damage to be a threat against Counter-Vantage units, and if you are not really relying on them for damage output, they do not need an expensive B slot either and can just run Dazzling Staff Refinement.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Staff units really only need Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff on the B slot to work to ensure they deal enough damage to be a threat against Counter-Vantage units, and if you are not really relying on them for damage output, they do not need an expensive B slot either and can just run Dazzling Staff Refinement.

Thats actually not true. Really effective Stave units need alot of investment. If you only want them to attack then yeah razzle/dazzle is enough, but you are neglecting all the benefits a really proper built up Staff user can bring to the table.