"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are on a budget, that should be fine as is. I would personally replace Flashing Blade with a stat boosting A skill. I also recommend giving her Blazing Light and Blazing Wind as alternative Specials. You may also want to run Savage Blow or Res Smoke instead.

I think it is good, but I would run her default Rouse Atk/Def instead unless you are really trying avoid Panic or something. If you can afford to, you can also run Lull Atk/Def for better combat performance.

She can just run a standard Enemy Phase build, but she will need a major skill rehaul and may include replacing her Weapon depending on how you play her.

I personally do not think it is worth it since it ruins her as a dual phase unit and we have very few viable dual phase units outside of armors and Counter-Vantage units.

That is making Edelgard do too much in my opinion, and I strongly discourage the practice of making a unit do too much. Armors can get away with running a dual phase build with Distant Counter because they have a lot of stats as well as fighting in close formation for additonal stat support. Edelgard does not have the stats to do that and she does not work well with fighting in close formation.

I like Panic Smoke so that's locked for me along with her weapon and B slot. I like her A slot with Moonbow as it activates it even with the desperation effect, so I thought that this SS was the natural choice but then I realized that Swift Sparrow was coming and this could be a better alternative. How can she run AOE specials efficiently and not once per battle and with tons of support?

The reason I charged rouse Atk/Def aside from panic is because then I thought she had way too much Atk and she couldn't activate Galeforce because she would kill the enemy and Atk smoke reduces and the damage she receives allowing her to survive more attacks and helps her activate HB. Her B slot is budget Lul Atk/Def is what I am aiming for but I do not have the fodder right now. How would Atk/Res Solo be for her A slot, to help her against dragons (I have a spare +1 Flora I never use and propably never will) ? 

Edited by SuperNova125

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I like Panic Smoke so that's locked for me along with her weapon and B slot. I like her A slot with Moonbow as it activates it even with the desperation effect, so I thought that this SS was the natural choice but then I realized that Swift Sparrow was coming and this could be a better alternative. How can she run AOE specials efficiently and not once per battle and with tons of support?

For Abyssal content, Moonbow often times is not strong enough against certain super bulky targets, so you may need to switch to a higher cool down Special. I prefer Blazing Specials as it deals lots of Splash damage, but you can also run Growing Specials for a wider splash; with enough splash damage around, you do not need to activate an in combat damage Special. Paired with Flashing Blade, it should activate often enough to cripple super bulky enemy tanks.

While Panic Smoke will help her activate her B slot, it does not do anything else unless the opponent actually uses buffs. Savage Blow will do guaranteed damage on top of it helping activate her B slot.

For general use, I do not like Special boosters on the A slot because stat boosting A skills are far stronger. There is no point in trying to activate a Special consistently if you are reducing your overall damage output trying to activate a Special. I do not recommend Special boosters on the Sacred Seal slot for the same reason now that we have Sturdy Blow and Swift Sparrow as options. I only recommend Special boosters if you have nothing better run, you need it for Galeforce, or if you need it to overwhelm a super bulky tank running some type of Guard.

56 minutes ago, XRay said:

For general use, I do not like Special boosters on the A slot because stat boosting A skills are far stronger. There is no point in trying to activate a Special consistently if you are reducing your overall damage output trying to activate a Special. I do not recommend Special boosters on the Sacred Seal slot for the same reason now that we have Sturdy Blow and Swift Sparrow as options. I only recommend Special boosters if you have nothing better run, you need it for Galeforce, or if you need it to overwhelm a super bulky tank running some type of Guard.

@SuperNova125

In an ideal world where you have unlimited access to every skill in the game, the optimal build would use Time's Pulse in the C slot and only use Flashing Blade in the Sacred Seal slot if you need to break Special Fighter, Guard, etc. The C slot is, after all, the cheapest skill slot to use for a raw performance skill.

Now, if we ignore Time's Pulse because this is not an ideal world, I still think Flashing Blade is still worth considering for the Sacred Seal slot. Against units without a Guard-like effect, what Flashing Blade ultimately does for a Desperation unit is allow you to activate your Special on your first round of combat. Compared to the Swift Sparrow Sacred Seal, you're losing out on 4 Atk and 4 Spd, but the loss of Atk is made up for by a Moonbow against an opponent with 27 Res, a Glimmer when landing at least 16 damage, or a Ruptured Sky against an opponent with 40 Atk.

So you're gaining damage on your first round of combat in exchange for damage on your second and third rounds of combat (when you'd be activating your Special regardless of if you have Flashing Blade) as well as the 4 points of Spd. That's a very solid trade on a unit that is already fast. Not a strict upgrade, but definitely worth consideration.

Based on this logic, Flashing Blade (and Heavy Blade by extension) is essentially worth about 4 to 8 points of Atk, but for the first round of combat only. With this, we can determine that Flashing Blade 4 is essentially the same as somewhere between 9 and 13 points of Atk for the first round of combat and 5 points of Atk for the second and third round.

Flashing Blade 4 is therefore roughly equivalent to Death Blow 4, just spread out differently by round of combat. The main problem with Flashing Blade 4 is then just the fact that trading a few points of Atk for a ton of points of Spd is usually worthwhile on an already fast unit, meaning skills like Swift Sparrow 3 and Life and Death 4 are generally still superior to Flashing Blade 4 for the same reason they are superior to Death Blow 4.

On the other hand, if the unit already has Flashing Blade 4 in the A slot, like Thrasir does, and you don't want to change it out due to the cost of other tier 4 skills, you're probably best off using the Darting Blow Sacred Seal since Flashing Blade 4 is, as just calculated, roughly the same as Death Blow 4.

tl;dr:

• If you have Time's Pulse, use it instead of Flashing Blade.
  • The Flashing Blade 3 Sacred Seal is worth running on a unit with pre-activated Desperation (Levn, Thrasir, etc.) if you need to front-load your damage to your first round of combat.
  • Flashing Blade 4 is approximately equivalent to Death Blow 4, so it's not worth running unless the unit already has the skill and you don't have the resources to replace it with something better. If the unit does already have the skill and you choose to keep it, run the Darting Blow Sacred Seal.

I ended up with two Legendary Robins so far from the current banner. Doesn't look like she has much in the way of fodder (except maybe Res Smoke), so should I just go ahead and merge her? If so, I'm pretty sure I should go with +Atk, unless +Res is better?

Just now, TEKWRX said:

I ended up with two Legendary Robins so far from the current banner. Doesn't look like she has much in the way of fodder (except maybe Res Smoke), so should I just go ahead and merge her? If so, I'm pretty sure I should go with +Atk, unless +Res is better?

For her, I'd personally merge and go +Atk, she's a good unit.

Also I'm thinking of making a Winter Robin sort of meme build for shits and giggles:

Carrot Lance+ (Def/Res depending on which is better)/ Tannenboom (+Atk because it works for him at present)/ Vanguard Lance (when I get another Sumia or other wielder of said lance)

Reposition/His Native Assist/Pivot (?)

Moonbow/Sol (?)/ One of the splash damage specials (maybe?)

Atk +3 (for now because I don't have much good fodder)/Fort Def/Res 4 (maybe that'll help his enemy phase since I'm thinking I want him to be very close to Winter Tharja?)

Vengeful Fighter 3/Wary Fighter 3

Armour March 3

Steady Stance 3

A good enemy phase set up or not really?

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Res Smoke is useful for nukes if you are running multiple Dancers/Singers, and it is also good for Counter-Vantage.

It is about the same as Savage Blow in my opinion. Res Smoke is safer as it would not activate Wings of Mercy accidentally, but it is weaker since it is not stackable like Savage Blow's damage.

If you are merging, between Atk and Res, I lean towards Res since her magic bulk is a bit low. Ideally, I would go with Spd so she can better deal with fast nukes.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Also I'm thinking of making a Winter Robin sort of meme build for shits and giggles:

A good enemy phase set up or not really?

There is difference between a meme build and a good build. Carrot Lance is good for fun and healing, but it is not viable in my opinion.

For a healing meme build, you can do something like the following:

(Any Spring Festival Weapon)

(Any Refinement)

Reciprocal Aid

Noontime -- Sol -- Aether

(Any Breath)

Mystic Boost -- Renewal

Atk Smoke -- Pulse Smoke -- Time's Pulse

Renewal

Basically almost every skill in the build contributes to healing the unit. If there is no healing skill for that slot, it goes towards making the unit bulkier or speeding up the healing Special.

For an Enemy Phase build, what you have is mostly fine, but I would make some minor adjustments:

Tannenboom!

Swap -- Reposition

Spd Refinement

Luna -- Bonfire -- Moonbow (with Quick Riposte)

Steady Stance

Vengeful Fighter (I assume you have fodder for it) -- Quick Riposte

Armor March -- Ward Armor

(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd, Def, Res, or any combination of those stats)

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

6 hours ago, XRay said:

If you are merging, between Atk and Res, I lean towards Res since her magic bulk is a bit low. Ideally, I would go with Spd so she can better deal with fast nukes.

I'd lean towards Atk.

For general use, you probably shouldn't end up in a situation where you'd actually need the extra Res, and for specialized cases, you can simply stack Ward Fliers.

7 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Tannenboom (+Atk because it works for him at present)

I highly suggest switching to the Spd refine because Robin actually has a decent Spd stat.

7 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Vanguard Lance (when I get another Sumia or other wielder of said lance)

Sumia has Reprisal Lance (built-in Fierce Stance).

Vanguard (built-in Steady Stance) comes from Thea.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd lean towards Atk.

For general use, you probably shouldn't end up in a situation where you'd actually need the extra Res, and for specialized cases, you can simply stack Ward Fliers.

I highly suggest switching to the Spd refine because Robin actually has a decent Spd stat.

Sumia has Reprisal Lance (built-in Fierce Stance).

Vanguard (built-in Steady Stance) comes from Thea.

Dang it, my bad.

So between the two lances for Winter Robin which one is better for him?

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I leans toward stacking more bulk. Running a Special with the right timing will be enough kill the enemy unless you are on Abyssal or something, so I think it is better for tanks to focus on mitigating damage. In my opinion, the less you need to heal, the less hassle you have to deal with.

If you are trying to turn him into a Spd tank though, I recommend sticking with Tannenboom! for more Spd. For Spd tanks, preventing doubles is usually more effective than reducing damage per hit.

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Not sure which two of Carrot Lance, Tannenboom, Reprisal Lance, and Vanguard you're talking about, but of the four, I'd go with Tannenboom due to Robin's naturally decent Spd stat.

With Tannenboom!+ [Spd], a neutral unmerged Robin reaches a rather comfortable 39 Spd on enemy phase before accounting for buffs and passive skills. Robin also doesn't really have a dump stat, so nothing really goes to waste when you give him points in all stats.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I have almost enough dew to refine two special weapons, I just need to refine two regular weapons first, and I'm not sure what stats to go for. Is it better to enhance the units strengths, or try and patch up some weakness? Here are a few I'm unsure of.

Dancing Xander- Mine is +Atk -Res, which is about perfect honestly. I was thinking of refining Def as that will put him at 50 Atk and 37 Def. Or is it better to just add extra Atk? His Spd and Res are unsalvageable

Nowi- Mine is +Spd. If I refine speed that will put her at 33 Spd. If I refine Res, that will put her at 30 Def and 30 Res. What to choose?

Tethys- -HP +Spd. Her Spd is 38, Def 23, and Res 34. What makes the most sense here?

Priscilla- I've already refined Pain+ for Dazzling. Should I also refine Wrathful so I have the option to use either until I get the fodder to give her both? Or is that a waste?

Now to the special refines. I'm not sure which ones to do first? Can I get your opinions on which refines are the most useful and impactful so I can prioritize? Here's who I have waiting. I don't use any of them regularly yet, but that may change once I do the refine

• Kagero
  • Raven
  • Lilina
  • Nino
  • F!Robin
  • Cherche
  • Sharena
  • Caeda
  • Saber
  • Marth
  • Karel

I was also thinking about promoting a second M!Corrin to run in AR for double ally support boost. Is it worth saving 200 dew for that over doing one of the above?

Thanks

5 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Dancing Xander- Mine is +Atk -Res, which is about perfect honestly. I was thinking of refining Def as that will put him at 50 Atk and 37 Def. Or is it better to just add extra Atk? His Spd and Res are unsalvageable

Nowi- Mine is +Spd. If I refine speed that will put her at 33 Spd. If I refine Res, that will put her at 30 Def and 30 Res. What to choose?

Tethys- -HP +Spd. Her Spd is 38, Def 23, and Res 34. What makes the most sense here?

Priscilla- I've already refined Pain+ for Dazzling. Should I also refine Wrathful so I have the option to use either until I get the fodder to give her both? Or is that a waste?

I lean towards the Dancers and Nowi.

For Festival in Hoshido Xander, I recommend running Barb Shuriken with Def Refine so he can smack enemies with Ignis. He can also run Even Def Wave, which pairs well with his Odd Def Wave

For Tethys, I lean towards +Spd so she can better avoid doubles or be a better nuke.

For Nowi, it depends on the amount of stat buffs you can provide her. If she is a super tank, I lean towards Res Refine since it gives more 1 more stat point. If she is not a super tank, I lean towards Spd Refinement if you plan to turn her into a regular Spd tank.

Now to the special refines. I'm not sure which ones to do first? Can I get your opinions on which refines are the most useful and impactful so I can prioritize? Here's who I have waiting. I don't use any of them regularly yet, but that may change once I do the refine

Depends on what you need right now.

Caeda and Raven are useful for Galeforce. Caeda is good not because her combat performance is that impressive, but she is good because she has Flashing Blade build into her Weapon so she frees up Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade Sacred seal for her Galeforce allies. Raven is good because he can Galeforce, and due to his low bulk, he is also a pretty decent Wings of Mercy beacon to warp his fellow Galeforce allies in; he does kind of need Desert Mercenaries Ephraim to be effective though. If you are building a Galeforcer though, I recommend starting with Cordelia first since she does not need any Dew and you can see whether you want to invest in more Galeforce further.

Sharena is good if you need a super tank, but if you already have one, I would not really bother with her unless you really want a super tank for the other season.

Lilina, Nino, and Cherche are good, but if you already have other good nukes, they should not be a priority in my opinion. Fully buffed Blade mages are already basically one shot nukes, so Lilina is not going to provide much value until you are using her for Aether Raids defense later. Similarly, Nino's Special Refine is more gimmicky than optimal, and if you really want to use her, I recommend Spd Refine instead and offload the buffing to Dancers/Singers; she can also do +Atk and Atk Refine if you plan to turn her into Counter-Vantage unit. Cherche is good for a raw damage melee nuke, but I am personally not a fan of melee nukes outside of using them for Galeforce, since raw damage nukes are better covered by Blade mages.

I lean towards M!Corrin since he just gives so much stat buffs.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

I have almost enough dew to refine two special weapons, I just need to refine two regular weapons first, and I'm not sure what stats to go for. Is it better to enhance the units strengths, or try and patch up some weakness? Here are a few I'm unsure of.

• Kagero
  • Raven
  • Lilina
  • Nino
  • F!Robin
  • Cherche
  • Sharena
  • Caeda
  • Saber
  • Marth
  • Karel

I was also thinking about promoting a second M!Corrin to run in AR for double ally support boost. Is it worth saving 200 dew for that over doing one of the above?

Thanks

It depends. I usually like to use it on the lesser defensive stat on a tanky unit or +Spd refine for pretty much any other unit~ It honestly depends on the unit

For Dancing Xander, I'd go for Defense. Nowi can use any refine. Tethys will want Spd or Res if you're specifically capitilizing on her Res. I'm not opposed to both Wrazzle and Dazzle on Healers if you don't have the Skill yet for the B Slot.

I would not use Dew on any unit you don't use regularly. Especially when you don't currently have a lot of it~ Personally, some of those, like Saber and Karel, I wouldn't do unless you really like to use the units or like the characters. For me, Kagero, Raven, Caeda, Nino, Marth, Lilina and Sharena are all good options to refine, as well as M!Corrin.

4 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Is it better to enhance the units strengths, or try and patch up some weakness? Here are a few I'm unsure of.

For the most part, you either want to enhance the unit's strengths or bring a mediocre stat value up to a good stat value. Trying to patch up an unsalvageable weakness is almost never worth it.

Slow enemy-phase units usually want to boost their defensive stats since you get more points in Def and Res than you do in Atk. This is even more notable for ranged units since they only get 1 point in Atk. I'd go for Def for Dancing Xander.

Spd makes sense for Nowi only if you're going to be stacking it with other skills, like Fury or Steady Posture. If you aren't stacking Spd, go for Def or Res, whichever one you use Nowi against more.

Spd.

It depends on how many rocks you have. If you have way too many rocks and not enough Dew like I do, then there isn't much to lose by just giving ever staff both refines. However, if you don't have all that many rocks, then I'd lean towards refining something else instead.

• Kagero
  • Raven
  • Lilina
  • Nino
  • F!Robin
  • Cherche
  • Sharena
  • Caeda
  • Saber
  • Marth
  • Karel

Raven, Lilina, Sharena, and Caeda are the most impactful. Here's a quick breakdown for each:

• Raven: Life and Death is a huge deal. Basilikos's refine is what makes Raven the best player-phase axe infantry in the game since it lets him beat out newer units with higher stats than he has. The only drawback is the fact that he's still a melee infantry unit, which means he might have trouble actually getting into the front lines.
  • Lilina: Death Blow is also a huge deal. Lilina is a one-hit kill nuke, and Death Blow lets her nuke harder.
  • Sharena: She's more niche than the other recommendations here, but Dull All and Spd/Def Bond are both great effects. Sharena's main drawback is the fact that she doesn't have access to merges and that she needs a decent amount of skill investment to make her useful.
  • Caeda: Flashing Blade lets her run Galeforce reliably, and this is a pretty big deal because fliers normally don't have access to the skill.

And the other units and why you shouldn't prioritize them:

• Kagero: While her refine is extremely good considering her low bulk, Kagero has the issue of otherwise being rather niche. Her refine is most useful for setting up Wings of Mercy on an Aether Raids defense map, so there's not much reason to give her her refine unless you like her as a character or you want to build a defense map using her.
  • Nino: Iris's Tome is already strong enough. The refine doesn't add all that much, so it shouldn't be too high of a priority unless you really want that Even Atk Wave.
  • Robin: Spectrum Tactic is relatively outdated at this point, and Robin's stats are extremely mediocre all-around. And Boey is just better at Gronnraven + Triangle Adept.
  • Cherche: Same as Nino's case, her weapon is already extremely good, and the refine is oriented more for support. There's no need to prioritize this over more impactful refines.
  • Saber: Saber is a pretty niche unit. I really like his refine, but I can't really find a good reason to use him as a unit. Maybe if you really need a bulkier Distant Counter sword.
  • Marth: He's basically a weaker Corrin, but much more flexible. Use him if you find his buffs useful for your play style.
  • Karel: There's no denying that Hauteclere is one of the best weapons in game, but Karel is hard to merge and doesn't really differentiate himself from the million other fast infantry swords in the game.

If you like the play style and find him useful, then it's better to get a second Corrin than to use a refine on a unit that you don't already use.

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not sure which two of Carrot Lance, Tannenboom, Reprisal Lance, and Vanguard you're talking about, but of the four, I'd go with Tannenboom due to Robin's naturally decent Spd stat.

With Tannenboom!+ [Spd], a neutral unmerged Robin reaches a rather comfortable 39 Spd on enemy phase before accounting for buffs and passive skills. Robin also doesn't really have a dump stat, so nothing really goes to waste when you give him points in all stats.

I was thinking Vanguard vs Reprisal for an alternate build for Winter Robin.

Just got a perfect IV Hrid, +attack -speed. And with him now being my only wind legendary at the moment. I need some advice regarding him, I read he basically requires a proper team built around him to truly thrive. One that can spread debuffs like crazy.

So my question is, who would good partners be for him to make him truly great?

11 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Just got a perfect IV Hrid, +attack -speed. And with him now being my only wind legendary at the moment. I need some advice regarding him, I read he basically requires a proper team built around him to truly thrive. One that can spread debuffs like crazy.

Depends on the content

For Aether Raids or arena usually Aversa or Sudden Res etc user CYL Micaiah can work to. Or A ploy user

For PVE content anything you want. I run him with Trilemma Wrys, DaggerOlivia and Cancel Affinity on the Bslot (Trilemma counts as a debuff)

Keep a smoke skill on his CSlot and after the first engagement he is usually sufficent to apply the debuffs himself

27 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I was thinking Vanguard vs Reprisal for an alternate build for Winter Robin.

Of the two, I'd go with Vanguard.

22 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Aversa is the easiest unit to spread debuffs around with. Yune is also pretty good since she covers 3 columns with her exclusive skill, though she can only be used outside of Aether Raids unless you're willing to take the hit to your score.

Otherwise, there are a handful of other units with debuffs on their weapons, but you can honestly make do by just putting all of the Chill Sacred Seals on your party.

Thanks to everybody who chimed in on my refine question. It helped clarify things for me. 

One more refine I didn't have on the list. I just promoted Seliph, because I need to start getting serious about my AR-D team as I'm basically treading water at this point with regards to lift, especially during Light season as my B!Ike is not as effecting as my W!Cecilia for some reason. Seems like whatever lift I do earn, is taken right away with defense losses. So I thought Seliph may be a good start to a better team. What kind of non-DC build can I give him? I will give him DC once I have fodder (I do have an extra Nagi, but I feel she should go to an armor so I can pass Special Fighter at the same time). What kind of team mates would be good? Which season should he be used? I did give him an Anima blessing so he could start earning more SP, but I guess at least for a while until I get more units worked out he can run in both seasons.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Thanks to everybody who chimed in on my refine question. It helped clarify things for me. 

One more refine I didn't have on the list. I just promoted Seliph, because I need to start getting serious about my AR-D team as I'm basically treading water at this point with regards to lift, especially during Light season as my B!Ike is not as effecting as my W!Cecilia for some reason. Seems like whatever lift I do earn, is taken right away with defense losses. So I thought Seliph may be a good start to a better team. What kind of non-DC build can I give him? I will give him DC once I have fodder (I do have an extra Nagi, but I feel she should go to an armor so I can pass Special Fighter at the same time). What kind of team mates would be good? Which season should he be used? I did give him an Anima blessing so he could start earning more SP, but I guess at least for a while until I get more units worked out he can run in both seasons.

honestly - the biggest thing i would be asking you is how invested are you going to be making any of these units. 
me for example. I can't do the 4*+10. A lot of people advocate for them but for me if i am investing in them (Ie: dew etc). it's 5* +10. it goes slower to be sure but it to me makes it worth the commitment in the end. 

another question is - what do you want them to do. (I sometimes get irritated when people ask me this question because it's like "to kill. duh. or to tank. etc") - but asking yourself this question will help you in some regards such as  -

Tethys. 

her best ivs are speed and res, and you can either stack on the speed (on a res build) or stack on res (on a speed build (Or double down on either or) - but it's what you need her to do. . are you building her as a magic tank? do you want her to kill mages on player phase? I think it's also your playstyle. again a lot of people will tell me how i build my units (I personally like mixed phases even though most of the game either goes towards tank or player phase, because i like the back and forth battle) - is wrong. or it's not the best. but what's best for me isn't what's best for them. 

in regards to AR Defense - is your team basically the best it can be (right now?) my defense some weeks is complete and utter crap. other weeks it's the star of the show and I haven't changed it for anything crazypants. (I think once i get a Legendary Hector I could start changing it). i just concentrated on getting my AR O teams as best they can be. (but then again. I play not to demote to tier 21.  i usually end up tier 22 through 24 depending on the season and how my teams do.  are you wanting to be by the end of the year next year Best In Tier every week like a few people here do? or you just wanna do your best.

(don't kill nagi for dc. kill someone else for dc). 

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Non-Distant Counter Seliph wants to run Reprisal + Vantage. His A skill can be whatever, but Fury is a relatively cheap option that works well for him.

When you switch to Distant Counter, also switch out Reprisal for Vengeance to line up the Special activation timing.

For Distant Counter fodder, the cheapest option is Hrid since he has no other skills worth inheriting and he is on a banner reasonably often (every few months).

For teammates, you want several nukes hiding in the back of your map with Wings of Mercy to teleport to Seliph's location. It doesn't really matter too much who those nukes are as long as they can nuke. Nukes without Wings of Mercy can also be used with a dancer trap if you can position your nuke to exactly reach Seliph's position after the dance.

If you're making separate teams for each season, then Seliph is probably better on Anima season due to Duma providing Atk. Getting more Res from Sothis is also useful, but I'd lean slightly more towards Atk.

30 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Anyone have tip on the current Rokkr Siege 150K damage? I played on Intermediate, but my dancers keep dying because the buff from the daggers 

Special Fighter armors with high enough Spd to double naturally can activate Astra every round of combat (and on both phases if they have Distant Counter). It's probably best to not dance your attackers at all in this round to avoid being in a position where you can be attacked on enemy phase.

Chill Atk can be used to effectively negate the dagger debuff.

I've been using Witchy Wand with 2 Galeforce fliers and Ward Fliers on all 4 units. All of my dances go to my staff unit instead of the attackers.

I did the old Brave Lyn with Brave Bow and 3 Dancers strat. Just figure out which Dance the Rokkr will attack and keep positioning it in a way to move the Rokkr to a corner. Slap Seal Def on the dancer attacked by the Rokkr and have all the dancers use Spurs or Drive Atk. Lyn should have C slot Breath of Life to help recovering the dancers, Guard on the B slot (lvl 2 works fine) and Noontime as the special. 
I managed it on my 3rd try because on the first 2, one of my dancers died to being attacked by the 2 reinforcements and the Rokkr.

Now we are only missing the Beast Rokkr Accessory, right?

3 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Anyone have tip on the current Rokkr Siege 150K damage? I played on Intermediate, but my dancers keep dying because the buff from the daggers 

If you have the White Wings and Herons, I recommend running Chill Atk and Chill Spd Sacred Seals on the Herons and run Breath of Life or Distant Guard on the White Wings, and you may also need to run Goad Fliers on one of the Herons if your nukes are not fast enough.

I recommend running Guard or Renewal on the Herons, and ideally use 2 Reysons instead. I just stuck with Leanne since I do not have a second Reyson.

Edited by XRay

I want to do a husbando theme team with Chrom, (male) Grima, Xander (dancer/spring) and maybe Cavalrom or Christmas Chrom (when I get him 😕).

So I'm thinking the following set ups:

Exalted Prince Chrom:

Spoiler

chrom_by_thesilentchloey_ddnd2a4-fullvie

Grima:

Spoiler

grima_by_thesilentchloey_ddnd2dh-fullvie

Xander (Spring or Dancer?)

Spoiler

spring_xander_by_thesilentchloey_ddnd2k0  /xander_dancer_by_thesilentchloey_ddnd2gq

And lastly Chrom (incomplete build)

Spoiler

cavalrom_by_thesilentchloey_ddnd2n6-full

Any skills they might need to help each other out?  Obviously one Chrom is specifically built up as a medic, and Grima is carrying his arena build because it works, but what I would like to know is which Xander should I be using (Spring vs Dancer)?  I do have a rough idea about Cavalrom's build (double brazen Atk/Def 3 because I'm think he might be enemy phase physical damage tank).