"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

21 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Exalted Prince Chrom:

There's absolutely no need for him to have 70 HP on a healer build when no other unit in your party is anywhere close to that. I'd switch out the Sacred Seal to Renewal so that he regenerates 30 HP every 2 turns instead of just 20 HP.

23 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Grima:

It might be worth giving him Warding Stance as his Sacred Seal and switching out Swap for Pivot. Your team overall is a bit lacking in Res, so it would probably help to have a unit with good Res to tank magic.

Assuming this is not for Aether Raids, you can also switch out Aether for Bonfire for more immediate damage since you're already running a healer on the team.

25 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Xander (Spring or Dancer?)

For this team composition, I'd lean towards Spring Xander for color coverage.

His Atk stat is awful, so he'll have to make up for it with Special activations. I'd run something like

Slaying Lance+ [Def / Res]
Reposition / Swap
Ignis
Sturdy Stance 4
Quick Riposte 3
[flexible]
Close Def 3

31 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

And lastly Chrom (incomplete build)

If you're running him on enemy phase, he absolutely needs to have Quick Riposte.

You'll want to run either Bonfire (if you're getting doubled a lot) or Moonbow/Ruptured Sky (if you're not getting doubled a lot).

Also, why exactly are you using the Atk refine on literally everything? Atk is usually considered the least desirable refine option.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I do have a rough idea about Cavalrom's build (double brazen Atk/Def 3 because I'm think he might be enemy phase physical damage tank).

I do not recommend running Brazens on Enemy Phase units.

You need to take into account and understand what HP ranges units performs optimally at, and Enemy Phase units generally do NOT work well with skills that require an HP maximum, since getting their HP below that maximum threshold means reducing their bulk. On the other hand, fast Player Phase units generally do work well with skills that have an HP maximum since they want to have low HP to activate Desperation and allies' Wings of Mercy.

To run him as an Enemy Phase unit, he needs a major refit.

Safeguard -- Slaying Edge

Def Refinement

Swap -- Reposition

Moonbow -- Bonfire -- Ignis

(Any A that boosts Atk/Def)

Quick Riposte -- Guard -- Lull Atk/Def

(Any C)

(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Def or Atk/Def) -- Quick Riposte

I also strongly discourage using Atk Refinement in general. The only units that should be using it are slow Brave units, Counter-Vantage units, and Desperation-Brash Assault units, basically any unit that cares only about Atk.

Edited by XRay

I'm going to refine Silvia's Barrier Blade+, but I'm not sure if I want to go with Def or Res. Right now her Def is 17, so the refine would put her at 21 Def and 30 Res. Or should I just keep stacking Res which would put her at 34 Res. Is her Def so low that it doesn't matter and I should just do Res?

Also, I'm going to refine Seliph as well, and I'm not sure which to go with. Is the +Eff worth it (I guess Atk/Def Bond?), or should I pump up his Def? I assume his Miracle Tyrfing refine is better overall than Devine Tyrfing for AR-D, right?

Edited by TEKWRX
seliph info

19 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I'm going to refine Silvia's Barrier Blade+, but I'm not sure if I want to go with Def or Res. Right now her Def is 17, so the refine would put her at 21 Def and 30 Res. Or should I just keep stacking Res which would put her at 34 Res. Is her Def so low that it doesn't matter and I should just do Res?

I would just stick with Res Refinement. If you really need a sword Dancer/Singer with balanced bulk, there is Olivia.

20 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Also, I'm going to refine Seliph as well, and I'm not sure which to go with. Is the +Eff worth it (I guess Atk/Def Bond?), or should I pump up his Def? I assume his Miracle Tyrfing refine is better overall than Devine Tyrfing for AR-D, right?

The special Refinement is only worth it for defense, but you need a proper team to take advantage of it. Just slapping him on a defense team does not really do anything if he does not have Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers to provide him extra movement or Wings of Mercy allies so he can act as a Wings of Mercy beacon. I recommend putting Vantage, Wrath, or Null C-Disrupt for his B slot. If you are running Vantage or Null C-Disrupt, he should also run Distant Counter. Vantage is used to punish Player Phase teams who do not have Firesweep, while Null C-Disrupt is used to punish Firesweep players if they forgot to check his skill set (I made this mistake quite a few times).

Divine Tyrfing is not bad in player hands, but it is not strong enough in my opinion for the AI to use effectively.

Thanks. I do have some WoM dancers I can put with him, and I already gave him Vantage. Just waiting for some DC fodder now (so is Ares, I really should pull a bunch of red before the Legendary banner goes away...). Once I get my AR-D more set, I will decide which other units I should give WoM to. I also need to find a map layout that works better than what I ave now. Do you suggest just copy/pasting from maps I face that give me trouble as a starting point?

1 minute ago, TEKWRX said:

Do you suggest just copy/pasting from maps I face that give me trouble as a starting point?

Yes. I have issues facing Infantry Pulse teams and cav line. Infantry Pulse teams are kind of expensive to emulate, so I went with copying cav line instead.

I ended up with an extra Shiro when sniping for Ophelia. Should I fodder or merge?  What's his most valuable skill? Steady Stance? If I do merge, I'll keep +Def, unless +Spd is better but I doubt it. What do you think?

On 12/31/2019 at 9:02 PM, Ice Dragon said:

There's absolutely no need for him to have 70 HP on a healer build when no other unit in your party is anywhere close to that. I'd switch out the Sacred Seal to Renewal so that he regenerates 30 HP every 2 turns instead of just 20 HP.

It might be worth giving him Warding Stance as his Sacred Seal and switching out Swap for Pivot. Your team overall is a bit lacking in Res, so it would probably help to have a unit with good Res to tank magic.

Assuming this is not for Aether Raids, you can also switch out Aether for Bonfire for more immediate damage since you're already running a healer on the team.

For this team composition, I'd lean towards Spring Xander for color coverage.

His Atk stat is awful, so he'll have to make up for it with Special activations. I'd run something like

Slaying Lance+ [Def / Res]
Reposition / Swap
Ignis
Sturdy Stance 4
Quick Riposte 3
[flexible]
Close Def 3

If you're running him on enemy phase, he absolutely needs to have Quick Riposte.

You'll want to run either Bonfire (if you're getting doubled a lot) or Moonbow/Ruptured Sky (if you're not getting doubled a lot).

Also, why exactly are you using the Atk refine on literally everything? Atk is usually considered the least desirable refine option.

Is there any cheaper options for Xander since I don't have Slaying Lance + Fodder and I'm lucky to have other blue fodder (I've been focusing on green atm because Christmas Chrom).

Plus Atk is for damage output that obviously suits my play style.

So I pulled Christmas Chrom and I had a look at some builds that I'm not actually sold on, so given that he's +HP/Res (essentially neutral) does he want to run an enemy phase build (Sack o' Gifts +Def, Pivot, Moonbow, Boosting Def A Skill, Vengeful Fighter, Panic Ploy/Distant Guard/Close Guard 3, Close Def 3/Distant Guard 3/Close Guard 3) or a player phase build (Brave Axe +, Pivot/Swap/Reposition, Atk Res Solo 3/Atk Def Solo 3/Fire Boost 3, Bold Fighter/Wary Fighter 3, Savage Blow 3/Panic Ploy 3, Sacred Seal boosting atk ?) or his default skills with some suggested tweaks.

2 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I ended up with an extra Shiro when sniping for Ophelia. Should I fodder or merge?  What's his most valuable skill? Steady Stance? If I do merge, I'll keep +Def, unless +Spd is better but I doubt it. What do you think?

I would merge.

His most valuable skill is Def Tactic, and it is not very valuable at all due to it being available as a Sacred Seal. Steady Stance can be obtained from Silas.

+Def is better. The only reason to go +Spd is if you want to turn him into a super tank.

Is there any cheaper options for Xander since I don't have Slaying Lance + Fodder and I'm lucky to have other blue fodder (I've been focusing on green atm because Christmas Chrom).

For budget options, you can get Vanguard from Thea and Steady Stance from Silas.

Plus Atk is for damage output that obviously suits my play style.

There are better slots for damage output. Using Refinement slot for damage output is the least effective way of doing that since the gain is so low. Refinements are best for boosting bulk or Spd.

If you really want to boost damage output, you will use Quick Riposte and time your Specials to go off during every round of combat. Quick Riposte literally doubles your damage output by attacking twice. Running the right Special will add another 20 damage to every round of combat, assuming the unit has 40 Def and is activating Bonfire.

Atk Refinement will add 2 damage, maybe 4 at best if the unit doubles. Def/Res Refinement mitigates damage by 4, and that increases up to 8 damage of mitigation if the unit gets doubled.

The math just does not support using Atk Refinement for damage output.

So I pulled Christmas Chrom and I had a look at some builds that I'm not actually sold on, so given that he's +HP/Res (essentially neutral) does he want to run an enemy phase build (Sack o' Gifts +Def, Pivot, Moonbow, Boosting Def A Skill, Vengeful Fighter, Panic Ploy/Distant Guard/Close Guard 3, Close Def 3/Distant Guard 3/Close Guard 3) or a player phase build (Brave Axe +, Pivot/Swap/Reposition, Atk Res Solo 3/Atk Def Solo 3/Fire Boost 3, Bold Fighter/Wary Fighter 3, Savage Blow 3/Panic Ploy 3, Sacred Seal boosting atk ?) or his default skills with some suggested tweaks.

As an armor unit, he can do any phase you want since he has access to Fighter skills. Enemy Phase, Player Phase, and dual phase are all possible. Those builds are largely the same across all armors with some minor variations depending on if they have exclusive Weapons.

enemy phase build (Sack o' Gifts +Def, Pivot, Moonbow, Boosting Def A Skill, Vengeful Fighter, Panic Ploy/Distant Guard/Close Guard 3, Close Def 3/Distant Guard 3/Close Guard 3)

Looks about right. Just need to make sure to time your Specials right. I am assuming he will only be fighting physical melee enemies since the build seems focused on Def and there is no mention of Distant Counter.

Sack o' Gifts
Def Refinement
Swap
Bonfire — Aether (with Steady Breath)
(Any A that boosts Atk/Def) — Steady Breath
Vengeful Fighter
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Def, or Atk/Def)

If you are on a budget, Steady Stance on the A slot is fine, but I highly recommend running an A skill that boosts Atk/Def if you can afford it. Similarly, the Sacred Seal slot should ideally boost Atk/Def, but that often might not be possible if you are using a particular seal elsewhere, so you might have to settle for something that boosts just Atk or just Def.

player phase build (Brave Axe +, Pivot/Swap/Reposition, Atk Res Solo 3/Atk Def Solo 3/Fire Boost 3, Bold Fighter/Wary Fighter 3, Savage Blow 3/Panic Ploy 3, Sacred Seal boosting atk ?)

Never use Fire Boost or any Boost skills. They are about as bad as Defiant skills. Until a tier 4 version of those skills come out and has some flashy new mechanic to make them actually worth using, do not bother with them.

I recommend using Impacts instead of Solos. Solos are more for dual phase units who operate outside of a formation. While armors can dual phase, they do not operate well outside of a formation due to their abysmal movement. The only exception to this is Darkness Within Y!Tiki, since Solitary Dream fixes her mobility issue as well as giving her buffs.

Wary Fighter is an Enemy Phase skill. He does not need to stop enemy from doubling him if he is going to kill them in 2 to 4 hits. If you really need him to stop enemies from doubling him for some reason on Player Phase, I would go with an Impact skill.

I do not recommend Ploys on armor units since they are slow movement wise, and that makes it difficult to line up with the enemy.

I am not too familiar with Player Phase armors, but from the gist of what I have seen so far, you probably want something like this:

Brave Axe
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow
Bold Fighter
Armor March
Armored Boots — Sturdy Blow

You want to make sure he has another armor ally trailing behind him to activate his Armor March as well as provide Hone Armor buffs.

Edited by XRay

Vanguard+ [Def / Res]
Reposition / Swap
Bonfire
Steady Stance 3 / Close Def 3
Quick Riposte 3
[whatever]
Close Def 3

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I would merge.

His most valuable skill is Def Tactic, and it is not very valuable at all due to it being available as a Sacred Seal. Steady Stance can be obtained from Silas.

+Def is better. The only reason to go +Spd is if you want to turn him into a super tank.

For budget options, you can get Vanguard from Thea and Steady Stance from Silas.

There are better slots for damage output. Using Refinement slot for damage output is the least effective way of doing that since the gain is so low. Refinements are best for boosting bulk or Spd.

If you really want to boost damage output, you will use Quick Riposte and time your Specials to go off during every round of combat. Quick Riposte literally doubles your damage output by attacking twice. Running the right Special will add another 20 damage to every round of combat, assuming the unit has 40 Def and is activating Bonfire.

Atk Refinement will add 2 damage, maybe 4 at best if the unit doubles. Def/Res Refinement mitigates damage by 4, and that increases up to 8 damage of mitigation if the unit gets doubled.

The math just does not support using Atk Refinement for damage output.

As an armor unit, he can do any phase you want since he has access to Fighter skills. Enemy Phase, Player Phase, and dual phase are all possible. Those builds are largely the same across all armors with some minor variations depending on if they have exclusive Weapons.

Looks about right. Just need to make sure to time your Specials right. I am assuming he will only be fighting physical melee enemies since the build seems focused on Def and there is no mention of Distant Counter.

Sack o' Gifts
Def Refinement
Swap
Bonfire — Aether (with Steady Breath)
(Any A that boosts Atk/Def) — Steady Breath
Vengeful Fighter
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Def, or Atk/Def)

If you are on a budget, Steady Stance on the A slot is fine, but I highly recommend running an A skill that boosts Atk/Def if you can afford it. Similarly, the Sacred Seal slot should ideally boost Atk/Def, but that often might not be possible if you are using a particular seal elsewhere, so you might have to settle for something that boosts just Atk or just Def.

Never use Fire Boost or any Boost skills. They are about as bad as Defiant skills. Until a tier 4 version of those skills come out and has some flashy new mechanic to make them actually worth using, do not bother with them.

I recommend using Impacts instead of Solos. Solos are more for dual phase units who operate outside of a formation. While armors can dual phase, they do not operate well outside of a formation due to their abysmal movement. The only exception to this is Darkness Within Y!Tiki, since Solitary Dream fixes her mobility issue as well as giving her buffs.

Wary Fighter is an Enemy Phase skill. He does not need to stop enemy from doubling him if he is going to kill them in 2 to 4 hits. If you really need him to stop enemies from doubling him for some reason on Player Phase, I would go with an Impact skill.

I do not recommend Ploys on armor units since they are slow movement wise, and that makes it difficult to line up with the enemy.

I am not too familiar with Player Phase armors, but from the gist of what I have seen so far, you probably want something like this:

Brave Axe
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow
Bold Fighter
Armor March
Armored Boots — Sturdy Blow

You want to make sure he has another armor ally trailing behind him to activate his Armor March as well as provide Hone Armor buffs.

I was thinking Moonbow on his enemy phase build to make sure that no matter what happens it's always going to be triggered every counter attack he does at least I'm thinking that's how it's going to work ^^'

For Male Morgan does he want Desperation 3 over Desperation 2.  He is running the following build:

male_morgan_build_by_thesilentchloey_ddn

Personally I don't like it, but he does have WoM Dancers that bounce around him, so it works I guess

My Thrasir is currently +1 on merges and has 3 dragon flowers (Hp, Atk, spd) with +spd nature. She literally is a speed demon with base 45 spd, and killing intent is a pretty fun skill to use. But sometimes either her or her allies miss kills because of of her weird Atk Stat and the debuff drom her weapon, so I was thinking of giving her the Gronnfox tome when it will be released. Until then however, I was thinking of a blade tome build as I have never had any blade mage and I hear a lot about them. She will be supported by Peony with Gentle Dream and Atk Tactic (I am lacking Azura). The build is the following. 

Spoiler

Gronnblade+

Swap/Reposition 

Moonbow

Death blow 3

Killing intent 

Savage Blow 3/ Panic Smoke 3

Swift Sparrow 2 most likely 

I am not really sure about her A, C and Sacred seal slots is this a good build and what are some other options she has? 

8 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

don't merge. While def tactic is a seal - having it in the C, means you can run another tactic (or another seal) instead. unless you intend on +10ing Shiro, just wait on merging good fodder. (my biggest mistake was merging up my Legendary Ike. If i could unmerge him for def tactic (or warding breath) i would. 

steady stance is on Silas at 4* rarity. 

So, I've been obliterated in AR by a Kagero with her Prf refined, Sturdy Impact, Lull Atk/Def and I've been thinking on building one for myself. Thing is, I only have one unit with Sturdy Impact and I don't know if I should fodder it for her or wait for someone else to pass it to. But, since the Legendary Banner, I've been sitting on 2 Dimitris to fodder and since she will get her Lull from him, I could also give her his Deathblow 4. I know that it doesn't have the best part of Sturdy Impact, but I think for raw dmg purpose, it should work to an extent, right? I wouldn't be wasting anything else, since she already will eat the Dimitri anyway.

I just don't remember what she was using in the C slot from the match I lost, but maybe Sturdy Blow could work? Or Darting Blow to secure doubles...

Anyway, I was also thinking on giving her C Duel Infantry so that she could make part of my arena team. She could replace Gwendolyn, that usually just sits there and can't help much. With duel skill she would fall on the same stat bin as Gwendy and she'll probably have more sp in skills, scoring a little better.
Am I on the right track or should I not give her the duel skill? It's the only one I have to fodder, aside from a spare L!Azura that I still don't know if I should keep, merge or fodder (and, if I fodder, for whom?)

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I was thinking Moonbow on his enemy phase build to make sure that no matter what happens it's always going to be triggered every counter attack he does at least I'm thinking that's how it's going to work ^^'

If the enemy is running Guard, he will not be able to activate Moonbow unless he runs Steady Breath, since Vengeful Fighter only gives an extra charge when the unit attacks and not when the enemy attacks.

If you want to activate Moonbow during every round of combat, or twice per round of combat against an enemy without Guard, then you will need to run Steady Breath.

For Male Morgan does he want Desperation 3 over Desperation 2.  He is running the following build:

Yes. Desperation 3 is better than Desperation 2 because it has a more lenient activation requirement.

I would also swap out Savage Blow Sacred Seal for Brazen Atk/Spd for more power.

Grima's Truth should be okay for lower difficulty modes, but you will want to run Rauðrblade for Infernal and Abyssal. 65 Atk (71 with Atk Tactic) with Grima's Truth (assuming Brazen Atk/Spd Sacred Seal) is a bit low, but Rauðrblade can take that to over 90 Atk if you have Azura: Vallite Songstress.

For comparison, Celica with Refined Ragnarok and the same rest of the build reaches 76 Atk unbuffed, but even she has issues occasionally when killing things.

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

My Thrasir is currently +1 on merges and has 3 dragon flowers (Hp, Atk, spd) with +spd nature. She literally is a speed demon with base 45 spd, and killing intent is a pretty fun skill to use. But sometimes either her or her allies miss kills because of of her weird Atk Stat and the debuff drom her weapon, so I was thinking of giving her the Gronnfox tome when it will be released. Until then however, I was thinking of a blade tome build as I have never had any blade mage and I hear a lot about them. She will be supported by Peony with Gentle Dream and Atk Tactic (I am lacking Azura). The build is the following. 

Hide contents

Gronnblade+

Swap/Reposition 

Moonbow

Death blow 3

Killing intent 

Savage Blow 3/ Panic Smoke 3

Swift Sparrow 2 most likely 

I am not really sure about her A, C and Sacred seal slots is this a good build and what are some other options she has? 

Gronnblade is a better Weapon due to how high you can crank up Atk. All nukes with decent Spd want to run an A skill that boosts Atk/Spd, and not just Atk nor just Spd.

For any unit with at least decent Spd, the standard Player Phase build is practically almost always the same:
(Any Blade Weapons) — (Any Brave Weapons) — (Any Player Phase Weapons)
Reposition
Moonbow — Luna (with Brave)
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd; e.g.: Fury)
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd — Swift Sparrow

For a Gronnblade Thrasir:
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Luna — Dragon Fang — (Any Blazing Specials)
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Killing Intent
Savage Blow

The Special should be flexible, and you will need to adjust it depending on the mode and map. For PvP modes, I would always go with a low cool down Special like Moonbow. For Infernal and Abyssal difficulty in PvE, you may want to run a higher cooldown Special that can kill the bulkiest unit that can counter attack against you, which is usually the boss but can sometimes be an annoying minion running Guard Bow or a Serpent tome.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

So, I've been obliterated in AR by a Kagero with her Prf refined, Sturdy Impact, Lull Atk/Def and I've been thinking on building one for myself. Thing is, I only have one unit with Sturdy Impact and I don't know if I should fodder it for her or wait for someone else to pass it to. But, since the Legendary Banner, I've been sitting on 2 Dimitris to fodder and since she will get her Lull from him, I could also give her his Deathblow 4. I know that it doesn't have the best part of Sturdy Impact, but I think for raw dmg purpose, it should work to an extent, right? I wouldn't be wasting anything else, since she already will eat the Dimitri anyway.

I just don't remember what she was using in the C slot from the match I lost, but maybe Sturdy Blow could work? Or Darting Blow to secure doubles...

I would go with Death Blow first. There is no need to worry about being counter killed if you kill the enemy first. I would switch to Sturdy Impact or Mirror Impact if you find that she needs really needs the extra bulk.

If you are running Death Blow, I would go with Sturdy Blow Sacred Seal (or whichever Sacred Seal gives you the highest Atk in the future) so she can function as a one shot nuke. If you are running an Impact, I would go with Darting Blow so she can double more easily.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Anyway, I was also thinking on giving her C Duel Infantry so that she could make part of my arena team. She could replace Gwendolyn, that usually just sits there and can't help much. With duel skill she would fall on the same stat bin as Gwendy and she'll probably have more sp in skills, scoring a little better.
Am I on the right track or should I not give her the duel skill? It's the only one I have to fodder, aside from a spare L!Azura that I still don't know if I should keep, merge or fodder (and, if I fodder, for whom?)

Personally, I lean towards giving C Duel Infantry to a Firesweep archer or Dancer/Singer, but Kagero might be okay too.

As for Azura: Vallite Songstress, I lean towards Firesweepers and Dancers/Singers too, but Player Phase nukes should be okay too if you do not mind the drop in performance.

Edited by XRay

36 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yes. Desperation 3 is better than Desperation 2 because it has a more lenient activation requirement.

I would also swap out Savage Blow Sacred Seal for Brazen Atk/Spd for more power.

Grima's Truth should be okay for lower difficulty modes, but you will want to run Rauðrblade for Infernal and Abyssal. 65 Atk (71 with Atk Tactic) with Grima's Truth (assuming Brazen Atk/Spd Sacred Seal) is a bit low, but Rauðrblade can take that to over 90 Atk if you have Azura: Vallite Songstress.

For comparison, Celica with Refined Ragnarok and the same rest of the build reaches 76 Atk unbuffed, but even she has issues occasionally when killing things.

I would even change Savage Blow from his C slot if Grima's Truth is the weapon of choice. Since his prf tome inflict Atk/Spd-5 after combat, Res Smoke could be a good 3rd debuffer.

But with Fury + Desperation 3 (which is way better than 2), I would follow XRay's advice and change his tome to a blade tome, and Glimmer as special.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

don't merge. While def tactic is a seal - having it in the C, means you can run another tactic (or another seal) instead. unless you intend on +10ing Shiro, just wait on merging good fodder. (my biggest mistake was merging up my Legendary Ike. If i could unmerge him for def tactic (or warding breath) i would. 

steady stance is on Silas at 4* rarity. 

Oops, too late. Did the merge last night, was running out of barrack space. I did spend a few orbs to expand the barracks slightly last week, but I think the cost is too high for the amount of space an orb unlocks. They should give 20 spaces instead of 5 per orb... 

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

Gronnblade is a better Weapon due to how high you can crank up Atk. All nukes with decent Spd want to run an A skill that boosts Atk/Spd, and not just Atk nor just Spd.

For any unit with at least decent Spd, the standard Player Phase build is practically almost always the same:
Reposition
Desperation
(Any C)

Gronnblade
Reposition
Killing Intent
Savage Blow

Thanks that's helpfull, what A slot can she run as she already as tons of spd, she has base 45, with swift Sparrow 49 and effectively 54 with killing intent, so will something like Steady impact be a good option? 

24 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Oops, too late. Did the merge last night, was running out of barrack space. I did spend a few orbs to expand the barracks slightly last week, but I think the cost is too high for the amount of space an orb unlocks. They should give 20 spaces instead of 5 per orb... 

it's not that big of a deal. i generally tend to merge the 5*'s i intend on building (even if it's the long game). 🙂   and it does depend on if the unit who has the fodder - 

for example. as much as i run flier emblem, no one on my team has flier formation because Elincia and leanne and Hinoka are all projects of mine. so i learn how to work without it, even w/ a seal. 

Tactics (as mentioned) are a seal. but for example
your highest def person (is generally also the one who has good atk). so they could run  Atk tactic (OR QR).
your speediest person can run speed tactic and res tactic (or again another seal). 

you have 4 units. so for me i either stack the tactics or i spread it out and let others have other seals. 
admittedly - i do some wonky kind of builds. but it works for how i play 

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

Thanks that's helpfull, what A slot can she run as she already as tons of spd, she has base 45, with swift Sparrow 49 and effectively 54 with killing intent, so will something like Steady impact be a good option? 

Sturdy Impact on a fast Desperation nuke is generally more for AI defense teams since they are pretty bad picking the right battles.

Under player control, Desperation nukes want to to have as much Atk and Spd as possible. There is no such thing as having too much Spd. Spd creep is real, as there is slow but steady increase in Spd over the years. 40 Spd was considered pretty fast and good back in the day when the game first started; now you need about 50 to 55 Spd to be considered fast.

Additionally, Impact skills make it more difficult to get into Desperation range due to the increase in bulk, as well as the bulk increase being pretty useless once in Desperation range since the nuke should kill the foe in two hits before the enemy can counter attack.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

If the enemy is running Guard, he will not be able to activate Moonbow unless he runs Steady Breath, since Vengeful Fighter only gives an extra charge when the unit attacks and not when the enemy attacks.

If you want to activate Moonbow during every round of combat, or twice per round of combat against an enemy without Guard, then you will need to run Steady Breath.

Reposition
Desperation
(Any C)

Gronnblade
Reposition
Killing Intent
Savage Blow

The Special should be flexible, and you will need to adjust it depending on the mode and map. For PvP modes, I would always go with a low cool down Special like Moonbow. For Infernal and Abyssal difficulty in PvE, you may want to run a higher cooldown Special that can kill the bulkiest unit that can counter attack against you, which is usually the boss but can sometimes be an annoying minion running Guard Bow or a Serpent tome.

I would go with Death Blow first. There is no need to worry about being counter killed if you kill the enemy first. I would switch to Sturdy Impact or Mirror Impact if you find that she needs really needs the extra bulk.

If you are running Death Blow, I would go with Sturdy Blow Sacred Seal (or whichever Sacred Seal gives you the highest Atk in the future) so she can function as a one shot nuke. If you are running an Impact, I would go with Darting Blow so she can double more easily.

Personally, I lean towards giving C Duel Infantry to a Firesweep archer or Dancer/Singer, but Kagero might be okay too.

As for Azura: Vallite Songstress, I lean towards Firesweepers and Dancers/Singers too, but Player Phase nukes should be okay too if you do not mind the drop in performance.

I tried Raudblade and Morgan underperformed he was handling Infernal Celica just fine with his double Savage Blow 3 and with Grima's Truth, as well as fury and desperation.  It did take a few goes, but I can tell you right now, I am not wasting feathers just for Raudblade+ when I know his native tome serves him much better, by buffing him better than Raudblade.  I'm sorry but I absolutely am not going to do that because Morgan does not need that when his native tome does the job so much better I've found.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would even change Savage Blow from his C slot if Grima's Truth is the weapon of choice. Since his prf tome inflict Atk/Spd-5 after combat, Res Smoke could be a good 3rd debuffer.

But with Fury + Desperation 3 (which is way better than 2), I would follow XRay's advice and change his tome to a blade tome, and Glimmer as special.

I'm not even going there.  As I said to XRay, I'm not wasting 20 k feathers for a tome that I know underperforms and doesn't work for me.  Moonbow helps a lot more with the bulkier enemies as Morgan (once I figured out how to beat Celica's Infernal map) was able to deal plenty enough damage it helps to chip the enemy before he engages 100% of the time while in desperation range which is why Savage Blow 3 is in his Sacred Seal slot, 14 chip damage pre combat is nothing to sneeze at and since he's the only one doing the combat 99.9% of the time, it helps him a lot.

Also @XRay I don't bother with Abyssal content since ten to one there's no orbs to be gained, so there is that.  Infernal is the limit. 

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I tried Raudblade and Morgan underperformed he was handling Infernal Celica just fine with his double Savage Blow 3 and with Grima's Truth, as well as fury and desperation.  It did take a few goes, but I can tell you right now, I am not wasting feathers just for Raudblade+ when I know his native tome serves him much better, by buffing him better than Raudblade.  I'm sorry but I absolutely am not going to do that because Morgan does not need that when his native tome does the job so much better I've found.

You do not have to give it to him now if you can manage without it, but you may need to in the future if you encounter a situation where you need a lot of raw damage.

Rauđrblade without the + will still get him over 90 Atk I think. Unless you are not buffing him properly, Rauđrblade should outperform Grima's Truth in damage output. The only situation where Grima Truth might be better is for doubling certain units after the debuff, but those fast units are few and far between.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

You do not have to give it to him now if you can manage without it, but you may need to in the future if you encounter a situation where you need a lot of raw damage.

Rauđrblade without the + will still get him over 90 Atk I think. Unless you are not buffing him properly, Rauđrblade should outperform Grima's Truth in damage output. The only situation where Grima Truth might be better is for doubling certain units after the debuff, but those fast units are few and far between.

Perhaps, but in all honesty it's not worth it to me, especially since it's far easier for Morgan to self buff than need buffing by wasting a dance action to buff him.

7 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Perhaps, but in all honesty it's not worth it to me, especially since it's far easier for Morgan to self buff than need buffing by wasting a dance action to buff him.

The thing with Morgan's buff is that it only increases his Spd and not his Atk. For PvE modes, Atk is generally more important since most enemies are not that fast.

While you can rely on Savage Blow to deal splash damage and that would help address his low Atk, there would be situations where enemies are not bunched up together enough to make Savage Blow effective.

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

The thing with Morgan's buff is that it only increases his Spd and not his Atk. For PvE modes, Atk is generally more important since most enemies are not that fast.

While you can rely on Savage Blow to deal splash damage and that would help address his low Atk, there would be situations where enemies are not bunched up together enough to make Savage Blow effective.

By which time Morgan generally speaking is already buffed up, either by Aqua, or having already made use of his tome's effect.  And 9/10 times he's already well within desperation range.  This is why I picked +Atk over +Speed.  He's just that much better.  Now you could waste time arguing over Rauđblade+ being better, but I find that Morgan self buffing is far better.  His PRF is massively underrated.