"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

Merchant Anna is the first regular summoning pool lance infantry since Shiro if I recall correctly. In terms of stats, she's the high offenses lance infantry with her 35/40 base neutral offenses. Following her are CYL Lucina's 34/36, Nephenee's 31/35, and summer F!Robin's 32/34. She also has good mixed defenses; she's pretty much Annette with flipped attack and speed stats. Apotheosis Spear is good in that it lets her be really fast and she can teleport to units within 2 spaces of her, but it and the rest of her default skills don't really give her something very unique.

The only scenario where I think her warping is useful is when she is Galeforcing on a Galeforce team, so she has cavalry movement in the direction where allies are 2 spaces away from her. Other than that, she is not really unique.

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

Both offer things I would want, but there's something going against them. My only Anima mythic is Duma and more refresh units is never a bad thing, but lowering lift loss isn't that great as increased lift gain. Merchant Anna would be riding on her stats and lance infantry not having a lot of units, especially those with high offenses.

I personally lean towards Mirabilis. Assuming you have seven full defense loss every single week, that is 280 (7*40) Lift loss prevention, basically as if you got an extra offense win.

BIVM!Anna is not bad, but I would not prioritize her unless you already have a specific application in mind.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I personally lean towards Mirabilis. Assuming you have seven full defense loss every single week, that is 280 (7*40) Lift loss prevention, basically as if you got an extra offense win.

I forgot to talk about that more when I posted. It was late at night, so it skipped my mind. Astra/Anima season I generally have better defense results than Light/Dark. The primary reason being I put thought into the Anima defense team while the Dark team I tried to do a weird chapter 11 Black Knight reference and the Black Knight protects Micaiah with Yune and the Dark Blessed heroes there to provide lift loss reduction. It's not really meant to win, but to be this cheesy thing. Part of it is that the Dark Blessed heroes I have who are primarily those with a Dark affinity in the main games I could not think of something they could do well together at the time.

With Anima, I already had Eliwood built and +10 merged -- this was before the CYL1 weapon update if I recall correctly -- and as I went off of the international version of Blazing Blade's birth month and affinity thing, Saizo's birth month was Anima and he recently gained his Star. Selkie's birth month is also Anima, so I just threw her in. It was also a Wind season, so that made me think Duma, Eliwood, Gunnthra, legendary Lucina, Saizo, and Selkie. Duma is self-explanatory due to him being an Anima mythic, but he also provided Upheaval support and at the time, the attack boost helped with Eliwood to pass Blazing Durandal's attack check. Later on, I gave him Distant Counter and Vengeful Fighter so he could do a bit better on enemy phase which seems easier for him than player phase with his default Bold Fighter being AI controlled, but he's kind of been like Selkie where they're just there for lift loss reduction, support, and clutch things occasionally. Given Selkie's resistance, she is useful for dealing with dragons and Close Counter mages and healers I guess. Eliwood is a Galeforce, Lunge unit with unique refined Blazing Durandal making him even better at being disruptive, Gunnthra I felt like worked well with Saizo given their debuff-centric weapons, and legendary Lucina's Future Vision and default Wings of Mercy added to the annoyance while also being an archer who can help out with fliers. To elaborate on Gunnthra and Saizo, Saizo's unique refined Star can allow him to be deceptively bulky or do more damage than expected. As his Star's base effect is Smoke Dagger, he debuffs Atk/Spd/Def/Res-6 which greatly helps Gunnthra in being able to deal damage with Blizzard along with the other team members. His Harsh Command has been helpful at times too for Eliwood.

None of them run field buffs. They're reliant on debuffs, in-combat buffs, or their raw stats with the reliance on debuffs going to be a problem if units like berserk Ike become more common. Not just themselves being more common, but more units like them being introduced who negate and/or reverse debuffs.

Anyway, Mirabilis would help with lift loss, but I don't know who I would swap out. Duma's armor movement is hindrance, but swapping him out doesn't change the lift loss and Upheaval when it works is helpful. Selkie's in the worst position as I wanted her to start out transformed which puts her far away from the team and mainly tagging along with Duma, but once again, when she's helpful, she is. How helpful compared to a refresh unit or compared to Lif or Thrasir who I don't have I am not sure. Making a different defense team for non-Wind seasons is an option. Although, I feel like I would forget to switch.

Something else is that while during Astra/Anima season I generally get better defense results, offensively, it's not as well as Light/Dark. I feel like I should discuss that in the Aether Raids thread, though.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

BIVM!Anna is not bad, but I would not prioritize her unless you already have a specific application in mind.

Yes, I feel like if I were to pick her, it would be for Anna being Anna, her being a rare lance infantry at the moment, and so I can hear her read a disclaimer whenever I want through the game.

So I just pulled Ephraim, Celica, Hector, Mufasa, and two Say'ri. Obviously none of them will see lots of use, but is Say'ri better to merge or fodder? One is +SPD -DEF, other is...I think +HP -SPD, so obviously the +HP one goes regardless of the path, but do I merge her into the +SPD Say'ri to wipe the bane or fodder her to someone?

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

So I just pulled Ephraim, Celica, Hector, Mufasa, and two Say'ri. Obviously none of them will see lots of use, but is Say'ri better to merge or fodder? One is +SPD -DEF, other is...I think +HP -SPD, so obviously the +HP one goes regardless of the path, but do I merge her into the +SPD Say'ri to wipe the bane or fodder her to someone?

Say'ri's Close Call is pretty good so if you do decide to fodder, I recommend prioritizing that over Kestrel Stance.

Kestrel Stance is not bad, but it is the weakest Stance in my opinion since Atk is much less valuable than bulk on an Enemy Phase unit in my opinion. That is not to say Atk is not important, it is just that Enemy Phase units have the means to utilize other ways to boost their damage output without giving up on bulk. For slow Def tanks and Res tanks, Sturdy Stance and Mirror Stance are fine since they do not care about Spd and they probably do not care too much about the other defensive stat either. Slow Def/Res tanks though want Bracing Stance for better protection, and while they are missing out on 12 damage, a high cool down Special trigger is usually enough to secure a kill anyways. Spd tanks want Steady Posture and Swift Stance to keep their Spd high and patch whichever bulk is lower, and similar to Def/Res tanks, triggering a Special is usually enough for Spd tanks to secure a kill anyways.

Whether you should merge or fodder though, I recommend against making that decision now. I would just turn the +HP copy into a Combat Manual and just leave it as is for the time being. Once you encounter a situation where you find yourself using Say'ri much more or where you need Close Call on someone, you should make your decision then.

For who to give Close Call to, I strongly recommend BH!Ike. However, before you give BH!Ike that skill, I recommend giving BH!Ike Knock Back and Hit and Run first to try out the movement effects. If you like Hit and Run more than Knock Back, then feel free to give him Close Call. If you like Knock Back more though, then you may want to consider giving BH!Ike Repel instead of Close Call, and whether wait and expense for Repel is worth it compared to just giving BH!Ike Close Call now.

On 6/7/2020 at 7:10 PM, XRay said:

Just because a unit has a high stat does not mean you want to use it.

Player Phase units in general do not want bulk. If anything, they want bulk to be as low as possible to get into Desperation range easier. Once you get into Desperation range, bulk becomes irrelevant, hence you want to pump Atk/Spd as high as possible and dump HP/Def/Res whenever possible. Without Desperation, a Player Phase unit's combat performance drops overtime and bringing a healer is just a waste of a slot that could go towards another nuke or Dancer/Singer.

If you are going with Galeforce, I would run Life and Death or Swift Sparrow to patch his Spd and run Desperation on the B slot. I would get rid of Def Smoke and run Atk Smoke or Spd Smoke instead, both to reduce the chances of killing things in one shot (which would cause Galeforce to fail to activate) and to increase his chances of activating Heavy Blade or to double.

The build will look something like this:
+Spd
Slaying Axe [Spd]
Reposition
Galeforce
Life and Death — Swift Sparrow
Desperation
Atk Smoke — Spd Smoke
Heavy Blade
Personally, I prefer Life and Death for bulk reduction, making it easier to get into Desperation range and ideally Wings of Mercy range.

Appreciate the response.  I hear you on the wanting to lose hp so I'll swap to either SS or LND.  Probably SS because I do actually find at +10 most units can take a hit EP every once in a while in a screw up and LND4 would be troublesome for that.  Will also throw Desperation on him - chill skills are nice but it can go on my dancer...

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind spd smoke / atk smoke over def smoke?  The idea w/ def smoke is that some targets have too much def for you to kill so being able to choose your attack order to attack a weaker foe first and use def smoke to finish off the second (14 extra damage).  And he can't proc galeforce a second time after using def smoke 3 on his first turn so one shotting shouldn't be an issue.  Unless you're worried about subsequent galeforce units going in and struggling to get a galeforce proc off?

I would also be interested if you happen to have any ideas for a non-galeforce build.  Not opposed to galeforce for any reason just wondering what other options are out there.

Edited by Lycan

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

For who to give Close Call to, I strongly recommend BH!Ike. However, before you give BH!Ike that skill, I recommend giving BH!Ike Knock Back and Hit and Run first to try out the movement effects. If you like Hit and Run more than Knock Back, then feel free to give him Close Call. If you like Knock Back more though, then you may want to consider giving BH!Ike Repel instead of Close Call, and whether wait and expense for Repel is worth it compared to just giving BH!Ike Close Call now.

Why would Brave Ike want either of those skills? His base Spd is 28, you'd need to give him a large number of resources before his Spd enables him to delete damage from some foes, which the bare minimum needed only gets higher as you go higher in merges, and he's never going to be able to delete any damage from offensive nukes.

I don't know what you're assuming, but I assume Aether Raids is involved, and I'm only Tier 20 yet 80% of the time the enemy has well over 40 Spd minimum. Ike and his teammates would need to invest EVERYTHING into his Speed before he even begins to delete a little damage from Repel/Close Call, and all that goes down the drain if he gets a Spd penalty or Panicked.

If you just mean low Spd units... I guess that's fine, but Ike can tank way more than just low-Spd hunks of metal.

1 hour ago, Lycan said:

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind spd smoke / atk smoke over def smoke?  The idea w/ def smoke is that some targets have too much def for you to kill so being able to choose your attack order to attack a weaker foe first and use def smoke to finish off the second (14 extra damage).  And he can't proc galeforce a second time after using def smoke 3 on his first turn so one shotting shouldn't be an issue.  Unless you're worried about subsequent galeforce units going in and struggling to get a galeforce proc off?

Yeah, it is more out of consideration for other Galeforcers on the team.

Against super bulky tanks, it is more efficient to just use raw damage nukes like Blade mages and Blazing nukes to take care of them, or to just bring a tank buster like M!Byleth, F!Byleth, or FF!Fir. Bulky tanks tend to be melee, and super bulky ones are also armor on top of that, so they are generally not super threatening that needs to be taken out immediately by a Galeforcer. Galeforcer should focus on high reach targets, and those tend to have low to medium bulk, so you do not want to one shot those units.

If you are running a full Galeforce team for one turn clears, Caeda and Clair got effective damage to help deal with bulky armor units, so I do not think Def Smoke is super necessary in that scenario.

1 hour ago, Lycan said:

I would also be interested if you happen to have any ideas for a non-galeforce build.  Not opposed to galeforce for any reason just wondering what other options are out there.

As you have mentioned, Firesweep is the next best thing in my opinion. Melee fliers have a strong niche for Firesweep compared to other melee units due to their ability to traverse most obstacles, so Hit and Run is very powerful on them. While melee Firesweep fliers do not have the reach of ranged Firesweep fliers, they are easier to extract out of Enemy Range using Dance/Sing-Reposition compared to regular melee nukes, so they are more similar to ranged units in extraction.

You can also go for a raw damage build. Since you have +Spd, I recommend going with Slaying Axe. If expense is not a factor though, then I would go with +Atk and Brave Axe for a higher kill count. I am more hesitant recommending a raw damage build since a ranged unit is so much easier to use and more competent in that role.

Standard Player Phase:
+Spd
Slaying Axe [Spd]
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Fast Brave:
+Atk
Brave Axe
Reposition
Luna
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)
For the best performance, you want to use Brazen Atk/Spd 7.

18 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Why would Brave Ike want either of those skills? His base Spd is 28, you'd need to give him a large number of resources before his Spd enables him to delete damage from some foes, which the bare minimum needed only gets higher as you go higher in merges, and he's never going to be able to delete any damage from offensive nukes.

I don't know what you're assuming, but I assume Aether Raids is involved, and I'm only Tier 20 yet 80% of the time the enemy has well over 40 Spd minimum. Ike and his teammates would need to invest EVERYTHING into his Speed before he even begins to delete a little damage from Repel/Close Call, and all that goes down the drain if he gets a Spd penalty or Panicked.

If you just mean low Spd units... I guess that's fine, but Ike can tank way more than just low-Spd hunks of metal.

Yes, I am assuming Aether Raids, since that is the mode where BH!Ike and Repel/Close Call are most relevant in my opinion. Other modes are not as difficult, so the need to use Repel/Close Call is less, and the player can get by with cheaper investments like Quick Riposte or something.

Double Peonys give Spd+8. Double Peonys can further provide another Spd+6 from her Ploy type Drive.

Flowers and Summoner Support gives another 4 Spd.

Phantom Spd provides 10 comparison Spd.

BH!Lucina can provide Spd+9 with double Drive Spd.

With just double Peonys, Flowers, and Summoner Support, that is 40 Spd. Drive buffs provide up to Spd+15, taking it to 55 effective Spd and 65 comparison Spd. Anyone doubling BH!Ike still has to go through his default 40% initial damage reduction and 80% consecutive damage reduction, and may still get their damage reduced by Repel/Close Call. Anyone not doubling him is going to be walled off.

Edited by XRay

I have been thinking that I currently don't have any 3*-4* +10 projects and I was thinking of Eliwood as I consider him on par with Legendary Chrom as one of the most cancerous units in the game (from my experience at least). However, I don't have his resplendent attire so I am lacking that +2 to his stats. Is he worth the effort regardless or should I go with someone else? If I go with him what is a good nature and a good build for him? 

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

I have been thinking that I currently don't have any 3*-4* +10 projects and I was thinking of Eliwood as I consider him on par with Legendary Chrom as one of the most cancerous units in the game (from my experience at least). However, I don't have his resplendent attire so I am lacking that +2 to his stats. Is he worth the effort regardless or should I go with someone else? If I go with him what is a good nature and a good build for him? 

Resplendent stats is not necessary, but it does help a lot. Player Phase units can generally get by with less investment.

Galeforce:
+Spd
Blazing Durandal [special]
Reposition
Galeforce
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Quickened Pulse

If you are using him on defense, I would make some minor adjustments.

Defense Team Galeforce:
+Spd
(Any Assist)
Galeforce
Life and Death
Lull Spd/Def
(Any C)
Swift Sparrow

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Resplendent stats is not necessary, but it does help a lot. Player Phase units can generally get by with less investment.

Galeforce:
+Spd
Reposition
Galeforce
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Quickened Pulse

If you are using him on defense, I would make some minor adjustments.

Defense Team Galeforce:
+Spd
(Any Assist)
Galeforce
Life and Death
Lull Spd/Def
(Any C)
Swift Sparrow

Thanks, due to budget constraints I foddered off a spare Yarne that gathered lots of dust (being a beast doesn't help) as I lacked a Bernie or an Eleonora to fodder. The current build is, 

• Blazing Durandal (special refine) 
  • Reposition 
  • Galeforce 
  • Atk/Spd Solo (Atk/Spd push 4 or SS3 will be given in the future) 
  • Desperation /Lunge (for my Anima defence it's something I always see) however, Lul Spd/Def is the goal here. 
  • Def Smoke (the Atk one will be given as an alternative when I am done foddering it to the dragons) 
  • The SS is blank as Swift Sparrow is occupied by Thrasir and as he most likely will be run in Anima I though to give something else (an ordinary stat booster is what I am thinking, like Atk/Spd 2)

Also doesn't the bulk reduction from Life and Death hurt his survivability? Is it truly worth over another Atk/Spd raising skill? 

26 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:
  • Desperation /Lunge (for my Anima defence it's something I always see) however, Lul Spd/Def is the goal here. 

Lunge is also really good. Lunge helps mess up super tank's positioning requirement. Now that I think about it more, Lunge is probably better than Lull Spd/Def.

Lull Spd/Def is not bad, but that skill is not enough to crack a super tank team, and Lunge is cheaper too.

Desperation is not good on defense in my opinion since players should not expect the AI to keep Player Phase units alive long enough for Desperation to be worth it.

29 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also doesn't the bulk reduction from Life and Death hurt his survivability? Is it truly worth over another Atk/Spd raising skill? 

You do not want too much bulk, as that would pose issues for him summoning Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers. If he dies in one hit too often though, then you can use Swift Sparrow, but if he has no issue surviving but has issues getting under 50% HP, then Life and Death would be more preferable.

5 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Xray handled your Eliwood inquisition, so here's some other 4 star recommendations:

• Ares remains a good unit by virtue of having Special Spiral on his weapon, a skill normally not available to his move type, and having a good statline for abusing Brazen Atk/Def, Vantage, Distant Counter, and Bonfire.
  • Beruka has a good defensive axe to work with, weakening the foe ANd inflicting Guard. Only true issue with her is that she isn't on the strong side, so a lot of her damage may inevitably come from Specials.
  • If you have some copies of him lying around, Barst has a good rounded statline with a good Prf to back it up.
  • Gordin and Klein are both Brave Bow Prf archers, but they handle that power differently. Gordin handles it with an AoE debuff that backs up his raw power, while Klein handles things with Speed. The last time I asked, Klein and his Spd have the advantage, but if you ask me you can never go wrong with more than one AoE archer.
  • Laslow sports a mix of good support and offense (which coincidentally revolves around said support), which is even able to match Altina if built correctly.
  • Reinhardt is Reinhardt. Even if the game keeps changing, that fact remains.
  • Roderick has one of the few Firesweep Prfs in the game, and his decent offensive statline lets him wield it effectively.
  • Sothe has one of the better offensive statlines among Colorless Daggers, letting him take advantage of more than just his default Peshkatz.
  • Tharja's AoE debuff on her Bladetome prf helps to cement a powerhouse yet surprisingly durable playstyle, moreso than some other Bladetome mages anyway.

The above are based purely on observation. The following I can personally recommend based off previous usage.

• Sophia's mixed bulk, raw power, and Raventome + Bracing Stance Prf make for a pretty hard to kill EP mage. I run her with Close Counter, but I've seen builds that supplement her ranged killing abilities more.
  • Lukas still has a really high Defense stat, and giving Steady Breath lets him abuse the power of Bonfire in every attack.
  • Oboro, or at least +Res Oboro, has good mixed melee bulk.
  • Jagen has one of the highest base Res stats in the game, at least among the 4* pool. If you work with it, you may be surprised how tanky he is in the face of Mages and Dragons.
  • Cherche and Cordelia are both powerful units with strong Brave Prfs, albeit slightly different ways of going about how they handle them. Cherche takes on the powerhouse approach, while Cordelia is able to outspeed much of the cast. Either way, both remain good Brave Fliers to consider.
  • Odin has the potential to wield both Atk/Spd Link and Def/Res Link on the same assist, so if that appeals and you happen to have spare Def/Res Link fodder somewhere, go for it. He can be surprisingly good if allowed to wield that power himself.
  • Nino is still one of the strongest and fastest Green Mages, and having a refine which can let her supply her own field buffs just adds to that power. I personally, however, gave her a Spd refine and she gets a lot of her power from Bonus Doubler.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:54 PM, XRay said:

Yes, I am assuming Aether Raids, since that is the mode where BH!Ike and Repel/Close Call are most relevant in my opinion. Other modes are not as difficult, so the need to use Repel/Close Call is less, and the player can get by with cheaper investments like Quick Riposte or something.

Double Peonys give Spd+8. Double Peonys can further provide another Spd+6 from her Ploy type Drive.

Flowers and Summoner Support gives another 4 Spd.

Phantom Spd provides 10 comparison Spd.

BH!Lucina can provide Spd+9 with double Drive Spd.

With just double Peonys, Flowers, and Summoner Support, that is 40 Spd. Drive buffs provide up to Spd+15, taking it to 55 effective Spd and 65 comparison Spd. Anyone doubling BH!Ike still has to go through his default 40% initial damage reduction and 80% consecutive damage reduction, and may still get their damage reduced by Repel/Close Call. Anyone not doubling him is going to be walled off.

Wait, Peony's buff stacks? Is this from the Dance effect? Pretty sure I've never had Dance stat buffs stack for me, am I just looking at it wrong or something?

13 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

For a Catria merge project, is an atk or a spd iv better?

Build is:

Whitewing Spear (+Eff)

Moonbow

Reposition

Swift Sparrow 2

Chill Def 3

Goad Fliers 3 or alternative

Flier Formation seal

I have always stayed with +atk with mine. With Hone fliers her speed is fine and good enough for Quadding. Fliers also cannot benefit from flashing blade so it makes the Heavy Blade Check easier if you're planning on building her for AR/Arena. It's also better for Rokkr sieges. 

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Wait, Peony's buff stacks? Is this from the Dance effect? Pretty sure I've never had Dance stat buffs stack for me, am I just looking at it wrong or something?

Her bonus buffs do not stack. Her combat buffs stack. Flower of Joy gives Atk/Spd+3 to allies in cardinal directions of the unit and that portion stacks.

I forgot to factor in Gentle Dream's bonus buffs, but I personally try to avoid using it as much as possible anyways since Panic could cause problems. If I do not see any Panic though, then yeah, I would definitely use Gentle Dream to give more stats.

51 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

For a Catria merge project, is an atk or a spd iv better?

Build is:

Whitewing Spear (+Eff)

Moonbow

Reposition

Swift Sparrow 2

Chill Def 3

Goad Fliers 3 or alternative

Flier Formation seal

I agree with @Vicious Sal and go for +Atk.

However, I would swap out Chill Def and put that on a Dancer/Singer instead as a Sacred Seal. I would run Desperation on the B slot and Swift Sparrow or Brazen Atk/Spd on the Sacred Seal slot.

For Røkkr Sieges, I would run Galeforce. I also recommend Guard on the B slot and either Swift Sparrow or Sturdy Blow on the Sacred Seal slot. If she is fighting magical enemies though, I recommend Atk/Res or Fortress Res for the Sacred Seal.

Edited by XRay

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Her bonus buffs do not stack. Her combat buffs stack. Flower of Joy gives Atk/Spd+3 to allies in cardinal directions of the unit and that portion stacks.

I forgot to factor in Gentle Dream's bonus buffs, but I personally try to avoid using it as much as possible anyways since Panic could cause problems. If I do not see any Panic though, then yeah, I would definitely use Gentle Dream to give more stats.

Oh shoot, I may have to train my second Peony then.

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

I agree with @Vicious Sal and go for +Atk.

However, I would swap out Chill Def and put that on a Dancer/Singer instead as a Sacred Seal. I would run Desperation on the B slot and Swift Sparrow or Brazen Atk/Spd on the Sacred Seal slot.

For Røkkr Sieges, I would run Galeforce. I also recommend Guard on the B slot and either Swift Sparrow or Sturdy Blow on the Sacred Seal slot. If she is fighting magical enemies though, I recommend Atk/Res or Fortress Res for the Sacred Seal.

Yeah, I don't tend to use dancers. Especially not for flying teams with the lack of easily mergeable ones. I usually have a tank (Ashnard, Michalis, or Altena for my flying teams) draw aggro on enemy phase and then sweep with my more offensive units on my phase. For that purpose, the Chill Def is nice because it helps not only Catria, but also my other primarily physical flying team. 

I still might swap it out, because I could just rely on my staple Aversa for debuff support. Could maybe even change Catria's kit to Galeforce, Desperation B, Def Smoke C, and Heavy Blade seal.

@XenomataThose were some units I haven't thought of, really helpful suggestions. However, I like to have two projects at a time (one 4* and a grail one) so I will try to finish Eliwood first and then think about another one. Also newer 4* units are really interesting. I would actually build Edchina however I have a +10 Fae and a +7 Flame Emperor (+10 to be in the future) so I don't need any more greens. After Flame Emperor I will finish Brunnya for Grails and after Eliwood I might consider one of these or a new one can can be the project.

Edited by SuperNova125

42 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Yeah, I don't tend to use dancers. Especially not for flying teams with the lack of easily mergeable ones. I usually have a tank (Ashnard, Michalis, or Altena for my flying teams) draw aggro on enemy phase and then sweep with my more offensive units on my phase. For that purpose, the Chill Def is nice because it helps not only Catria, but also my other primarily physical flying team. 

I still might swap it out, because I could just rely on my staple Aversa for debuff support. Could maybe even change Catria's kit to Galeforce, Desperation B, Def Smoke C, and Heavy Blade seal.

I personally do not recommend mixing combat units with support skills since it makes combat units less effective during combat as they could have run a combat skill for better performance. I prefer to keep combat units and support units separate and distinct for better effectiveness. If you can put Chill Def on Aversa, I think that would be the best way to go.

As for Dancers/Singers, they do not need merges to be effective. As support units, since they are not going to face combat, all they really need is Wings of Mercy and whatever buffing skills on their C and Sacred Seal slot. Are you using them in Arena, Mjölnir's Strike, and such for scoring? That is the only scenario where I think merges are important.

33 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also newer 4* units are really interesting. I would actually build Edchina however I have a +10 Fae and a +7 Flame Emperor (+10 to be in the future) so I don't need any more greens.

Do you have any Player Phase greens? Fae and Flame Emperor are Enemy Phase units, so they might not perfectly fit your needs if you want something Player Phase. While Echidna, Nino, Raven, etc. are still green, I think their stat line and playstyle is different enough to warrant some consideration.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Do you have any Player Phase greens? Fae and Flame Emperor are Enemy Phase units, so they might not perfectly fit your needs if you want something Player Phase. While Echidna, Nino, Raven, etc. are still green, I think their stat line and playstyle is different enough to warrant some consideration.

The +10 spot, for me at least is a something deserved for either units that are needed for scoring in Arena modes (Flame Emperor, Aversa when properly built), or units that are really useful in general (Fae, Aversa, Eliwood is being built and Brunnya is halfway through). As far as Player phase units I have normal Edelgard that is an absolute offensive monster with Galeforce and can take lots of hits if push comes to shove, also Legendary Celica and Thrasir are pretty good nukes. Fallen Julia and Legendary Chrom are units I use for enemy phase most of the time however, they are pretty good on player phase with some adjustments, Chrom with double death blows and Julia her base kit and death blow but even their mixed/enemy phase builds are more than enough for offensive purposes when paired with triple dancers. 

31 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Managed to get Sothis silver spectre, what is a good build for her? She looks like an enemy phase unit

Her default build is mostly fine. Just give her a positioning Assist and replace her C.

For her C slot I would give Ward Armor, Ward Dragon, Armor Boots, or whatever buffs your team needs. If you want her to be more independent or a super tank, I recommend Atk Smoke, Panic Smoke, maybe Pulse Smoke (unnecessary in most cases due to Special Fighter, but you may still want it to counter Blazing nukes), and maybe Armor Stride.

For her Sacred Seal, if you want her to be an Enemy Phase unit, I would go with Quick Riposte. If that is not available, I lean towards Steady Posture or Spd/Def Bond (if she is not used in Aether Raids; Bonds make units vulnerable to Sabotages and such) to maintain her high Spd and patch up her Def.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Her default build is mostly fine. Just give her a positioning Assist and replace her C.

For her C slot I would give Ward Armor, Ward Dragon, Armor Boots, or whatever buffs your team needs. If you want her to be more independent or a super tank, I recommend Atk Smoke, Panic Smoke, maybe Pulse Smoke, and maybe Armor Stride.

For her Sacred Seal, if you want her to be an Enemy Phase unit, I would go with Quick Riposte. If that is not available, I lean towards Spd/Def Bond or Steady Posture to maintain her high Spd and patch up her Def.

Thank you, I will do what I can. What was your recommendation for the C slot of female Byleth again? I might actually have the resources to get that now, even if I didn't back then. Might have been attack Smoke, but I don't remember correctly. Does armour stride even exist for any other unit than Edelgard Flame Emperor?

22 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Thank you, I will do what I can. What was your recommendation for the C slot of female Byleth again? I might actually have the resources to get that now, even if I didn't back then. Might have been attack Smoke, but I don't remember correctly. Does armour stride even exist for any other unit than Edelgard Flame Emperor?

I do not remember what you needed F!Byleth for, but C slots of most units are generally flexible.

If you are using her as a Player Phase unit and want to improve F!Byleth herself, I recommend Def Smoke or Savage Blow.

If you are using her as an Enemy Phase unit and want to improve her own performance (e.g., being used as a super tank), I recommend Atk Smoke, Panic Smoke, or Pulse Smoke depending on the rest of her kit. If she got Dull/Lull somewhere already, then you do not need to run Panic Smoke. If she already got Guard somewhere on her build, then you probably do not need Pulse Smoke (unless you want her to handle Blazing nukes). If she is forgoing Distant Counter and got Guard effect on A and Lull on B, then I would go with Atk Smoke.

If you want her to provide some support, then run whatever C slot buff your team needs.

If you want her to go tank busting, She can run Time's Pulse to trigger Luna without needing Flashing Blade Sacred Seal.

Edited by XRay