Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

@Thor Odinson My situation might be a little different, unfortunately, with +Def/-Spd (same reason I don't think Desperation is the call, sadly). iirc yours is +Spd/-Atk? I'll probably end up giving it a shot in any case, it does sound quite handy. I think I may just have a light QR+Any Range bias after seeing the things Tiki does to people lol.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

Well, I just spent 20,000 feathers on a spare Palla so I could pass along Wings of Mercy 3 to Hector.

...I don't know if that was a good investment. Maybe 2 would have been fine.

Oh well. He desperately needs mobility, at least, and it seemed like a good skill.

Um, Cain gets WoM 3 at 4*. (He's a 4-5* unit, though, so a lot rarer than Palla.)

: S

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Um, Cain gets WoM 3 at 4*. (He's a 4-5* unit, though, so a lot rarer than Palla.)

: S

I know, yeah. I just didn't have him, despite all the reds I've rolled recently hoping for Caeda... but maybe I should have waited.

I'm hesitant to sacrifice characters I don't have a spare copy of, though, and I have a good Abel so I'll probably want to keep Cain if I get him.

42 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@Thor Odinson My situation might be a little different, unfortunately, with +Def/-Spd (same reason I don't think Desperation is the call, sadly). iirc yours is +Spd/-Atk? I'll probably end up giving it a shot in any case, it does sound quite handy. I think I may just have a light QR+Any Range bias after seeing the things Tiki does to people lol.

I think QR might work better in your case because he's a lot slower--32 speed isn't terrible but it won't double anything naturally except super slow units. I don't quite find QR as useful since with +Spd and Hone Spd he's running around with 42 speed (i swapped Hone Spd on to Nino since I tape the two together so much so I have Ryo with 42 (45 after Fury, but I need to get a Hinata first) and Nino with 47), which means he doubles most things that need doubling, anyway. 

Vantage really is a life saver, though, but if your Ryoma can't double it's definitely more useful to let him double before anything. I'm used to +spd Ryoma so QR isn't usually on the radar for me, but for tanky slow Ryoma he might play like 9-5 Xander? :p

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah, that was my initial thought (I didn't catch the Xander parallel, but yeah, I guess so lol. Oh, the irony). I was definitely at least going to check out how he played with QR1 since that's pretty cheap & easy to find. I've got some time before I get to start working on him, so I can take some time to think things over...gotta get a couple other people taken care of first.

Hey y'all I could use some consultation for my team comp and some suggested skill inherits; got some spare feathers to bump someone up to 4* but not sure what to have who inherit.

Spoiler

tumblr_oo2sdjTAT41shnqb4o1_540.pngtumblr_oo2sdjTAT41shnqb4o2_540.pngtumblr_oo2sdjTAT41shnqb4o3_540.png

Not pictured: a 2* Felicia. Hearts are a relatively accurate indication of keepers (also indicates best nature out of any doubles). 

Stuff inherited on units not pictured: Nino has LaD2 and Desperation 3, Abel has Fortify Def + Fortify Cav, Fury 2, and Pivot, and Robin has Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 1, and Swap. 

Current inheritance plans (IE placeholders for non-negotiable stuff) : 

• m!Robin (3*) gets bumped up and gives Bonfire to someone (probably Oboro)
  • saving a Barst to eventually give Cherche Brave Axe+ and Reposition
  • f!Corrin (3*) will give Draconic Aura to Nino
  • one of the Florinas will give Ardent Sacrifice to Nino
  • 4* Olivia, Fred, and Abel being saved for their auras + Swordbreaker while I decide who to give them to
  • Arthur will prob give Lancebreaker 2 to Robin
  • Gunter + Nino/Gwendy for Draw Back, Harsh Command, Hone Atk 2 + Hone Cav on either Leo or Cecilia
  • saving a Palla for Goad Fliers if I ever make a flier team

At some point in the future I'm planning on bumping Cecilia, Eli and Rein up to 5* for a cavalry team alongside Leo and maybe Abel (giving them all appropriate cavalry auras and whatnot; Abel already has Fortify Cavalry so that may have been wasted on him but shrug), but they're a comparatively lesser priority to Nino, Oboro, and Cherche (maybe also Sophia, Effie, and Beruka but I might save them till after the cavs depending on what I can get for them).

Likely upgrade priority will be Nino -> Eli/Rein -> the other one -> Oboro -> Cherche -> Cecilia / Sophia / f!Corrin / other (depending)

So basically, I'm sort of trying to figure out what my ideal team comp should be here; preferring to focus on Tiki, Robin, Oboro, Kagero, and Nino for now, but I'll take suggestions for any team comp barring the aforementioned Cav Team-- Abel has also been serving well so I'm happy to throw some stuff his way too, (though he has an unfortunate shortage of SP rn) but I'm trying to wean myself off of Marth since he has a rather poor nature (Res+/Atk-) and Kagero handles most manaketes pretty well anyway.

I'll also take some suggestions on skill inheritance since I've got tons of Moonbow and Fury (albeit 2) fodder (and some other good stuff too) and few ideas about who to use it on lol.

EDIT: Separating the following huge text chunk into bullets for ease of digestion.

• For Tiki and probably Robin as well I'm planning to get a Rally and a buffing aura on them, make them better teammates for Nino and more useful in general when they have to avoid ppl they can't do anything against... ideally it would be like Rally Speed + Hone Atk on Tiki for pseudo-Eirika and Rally Res + Fortify Def on Robin but I don't have Rally Speed and I'm not sure if these are even optimal so tryna keep my options open right now. (Maybe it'd be better to switch it up and do like Atk + Res and Def + Spd or something...?? maybe they both want offensive stuff? shrug)
  • Abel also wants an offensive proc so maybe Moonbow is good to spend on him but IDK.
  • No plans to give Kagero anything more right now unless I can get Hone Spd 3, I'm otherwise satisfied with what she has.
  • Oboro I'm less sure what to do with; was mainly considering Defiant Def from Beruka for her A-slot but currently waiting while I decide if I might want to do something with Beruka (will probably depend on whether I can get more Bonfire fodder). Most likely she'll get Subaki's set of QR + Swap though that would ofc clash with DefDef to some degree, and Seal Def is actually pretty useful... I do know that I eventually want Oboro to have the Killer Bonfire combo at some point but that's all that's really concrete on her for me.
  • Oboro and Cherche will def be the most expensive to build since they want new weapons and pretty strong skills (Brave Axe+, Death Blow 3 for Cherche) so they're probably more of a long-term thing to shoot for.

tl;dr Lots of options make me indecisive. Suggest stuff.

Edited by BANRYU

I'm planning on using Michalis but I don't have anything that could give him Quick Riposte.

While I wait for something with it, what would be a good filler B skill?

20 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I'm planning on using Michalis but I don't have anything that could give him Quick Riposte.

While I wait for something with it, what would be a good filler B skill?

what've you got available?

EDIT: If you have any spare breakers that he can use, those would probably be useful. Otherwise Lunge, Drag Back, and Seal skills (esp Def or Spd) make decent filler IMO. 

Edited by BANRYU

Well ladies and gentlemen!

I have promoted your favorite cinnamon roll, Nino. And I'm not sure what to give her as a B skill. I already gave her iceberg on the special though. I'm also wondering if resistance 3 should be kept. Anything helps, even if it's for keks!

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I have promoted your favorite cinnamon roll, Nino. And I'm not sure what to give her as a B skill. I already gave her iceberg on the special though. I'm also wondering if keeping resistance 3 should be kept. Anything helps, even if it's for keks!

DESPERATIONDESPERATIONDESPERATIONDESPERATIONDESPERATION

Desperation is a great skill on Nino, considering her low HP base allows her to proc it after two rounds of Fury recoil or a single use of Ardent Sacrifice. It complements her frailty as it allows her to ORKO units that would otherwise one-shot her back, like Hector.

Edited by MrSmokestack

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

DESPERATIONDESPERATIONDESPERATIONDESPERATIONDESPERATION

Desperation is a great skill on Nino, considering her low HP base allows her to proc it after two rounds of Fury recoil or a single use of Ardent Sacrifice. It complements her frailty as it allows her to ORKO units that would otherwise one-shot her back, like Hector.

Fury and desperation, and I just happen to have 1 of each of those. I was already considering this too ha ha

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Cause it's about to go down for real.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Fury and desperation, and I just happen to have 1 of each of those. I was already considering this too ha ha

Give her the ability to kite in an assist, always comes in handy when positioning is off.

30 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I have promoted your favorite cinnamon roll, Nino. And I'm not sure what to give her as a B skill. I already gave her iceberg on the special though. I'm also wondering if resistance 3 should be kept. Anything helps, even if it's for keks!

Desperation is a no-brainer for her B-skill. I can't think of a single other B that works nearly as well with the cinnamon roll.

As for her B-skill, I personally favor Life and Death, but it's either that or Fury. Both are great on her. 

EDIT: If you go the LD route, consider grabbing Ardent Sacrifice to give her a free way to get into Desperation range without having to see combat. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah I figured.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any better suggestions.

But soon my Nino shall become the greatest! The greatest ever!

Then we can use her in the Gauntlet, right?

EDIT: (If so I will make sure I show a ranged nuke + Reposition/Swap combo with a meatshield to the world)

Edited by BestFriendJ0

32 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yep, Desperation is the correct answer.

11 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Hey y'all I could use some consultation for my team comp and some suggested skill inherits; got some spare feathers to bump someone up to 4* but not sure what to have who inherit.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oo2sdjTAT41shnqb4o1_540.pngtumblr_oo2sdjTAT41shnqb4o2_540.pngtumblr_oo2sdjTAT41shnqb4o3_540.png

Not pictured: a 2* Felicia. Hearts are a relatively accurate indication of keepers (also indicates best nature out of any doubles). 

Stuff inherited on units not pictured: Nino has LaD2 and Desperation 3, Abel has Fortify Def + Fortify Cav, Fury 2, and Pivot, and Robin has Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 1, and Swap. 

Current inheritance plans (IE placeholders for non-negotiable stuff) : 

• m!Robin (3*) gets bumped up and gives Bonfire to someone (probably Oboro)
  • saving a Barst to eventually give Cherche Brave Axe+ and Reposition
  • f!Corrin (3*) will give Draconic Aura to Nino
  • one of the Florinas will give Ardent Sacrifice to Nino
  • 4* Olivia, Fred, and Abel being saved for their auras + Swordbreaker while I decide who to give them to
  • Arthur will prob give Lancebreaker 2 to Robin
  • Gunter + Nino/Gwendy for Draw Back, Harsh Command, Hone Atk 2 + Hone Cav on either Leo or Cecilia
  • saving a Palla for Goad Fliers if I ever make a flier team

At some point in the future I'm planning on bumping Cecilia, Eli and Rein up to 5* for a cavalry team alongside Leo and maybe Abel (giving them all appropriate cavalry auras and whatnot; Abel already has Fortify Cavalry so that may have been wasted on him but shrug), but they're a comparatively lesser priority to Nino, Oboro, and Cherche (maybe also Sophia, Effie, and Beruka but I might save them till after the cavs depending on what I can get for them).

Likely upgrade priority will be Nino -> Eli/Rein -> the other one -> Oboro -> Cherche -> Cecilia / Sophia / f!Corrin / other (depending)

So basically, I'm sort of trying to figure out what my ideal team comp should be here; preferring to focus on Tiki, Robin, Oboro, Kagero, and Nino for now, but I'll take suggestions for any team comp barring the aforementioned Cav Team-- Abel has also been serving well so I'm happy to throw some stuff his way too, (though he has an unfortunate shortage of SP rn) but I'm trying to wean myself off of Marth since he has a rather poor nature (Res+/Atk-) and Kagero handles most manaketes pretty well anyway.

I'll also take some suggestions on skill inheritance since I've got tons of Moonbow and Fury (albeit 2) fodder (and some other good stuff too) and few ideas about who to use it on lol.

EDIT: Separating the following huge text chunk into bullets for ease of digestion.

• For Tiki and probably Robin as well I'm planning to get a Rally and a buffing aura on them, make them better teammates for Nino and more useful in general when they have to avoid ppl they can't do anything against... ideally it would be like Rally Speed + Hone Atk on Tiki for pseudo-Eirika and Rally Res + Fortify Def on Robin but I don't have Rally Speed and I'm not sure if these are even optimal so tryna keep my options open right now. (Maybe it'd be better to switch it up and do like Atk + Res and Def + Spd or something...?? maybe they both want offensive stuff? shrug)
  • Abel also wants an offensive proc so maybe Moonbow is good to spend on him but IDK.
  • No plans to give Kagero anything more right now unless I can get Hone Spd 3, I'm otherwise satisfied with what she has.
  • Oboro I'm less sure what to do with; was mainly considering Defiant Def from Beruka for her A-slot but currently waiting while I decide if I might want to do something with Beruka (will probably depend on whether I can get more Bonfire fodder). Most likely she'll get Subaki's set of QR + Swap though that would ofc clash with DefDef to some degree, and Seal Def is actually pretty useful... I do know that I eventually want Oboro to have the Killer Bonfire combo at some point but that's all that's really concrete on her for me.
  • Oboro and Cherche will def be the most expensive to build since they want new weapons and pretty strong skills (Brave Axe+, Death Blow 3 for Cherche) so they're probably more of a long-term thing to shoot for.

tl;dr Lots of options make me indecisive. Suggest stuff.

.....-bump-

If you're running iceberg then i would do Fury over LaD. Fury3 is only 1 atk/spd down from LaD2 (LaD3 is an option if you want to spend 20k on that shit but nah), but keeps her res high for Ice berg and comes with free HP deduction to go into Desperation range. Granted, Fury3 is -6 and nino doesn't want to actually take hits bar from linde and robin, So ardent sacrifice might still be useful there. 

I run Draconic Aura with LaD2 instead, because she has about 22(26 if buffed) res with the LaD2 deduction and about 70 atk at max buff. With the fury build she'll have 29(33) res buffed, which Iceberg outdamages Draconic Aura on even with max buff, iirc.

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah I figured.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any better suggestions.

But soon my Nino shall become the greatest! The greatest ever!

idk about better, but I've had deathless battles as a direct result of giving her Vantage. However, that's mostly due to the way my team is set up (she's the only 2-range unit on the team ;_;). I'm working on switching up the comp a bit (change Ephraim to a buff-bot and switch Eirika out for Ryoma), and once that's ready I fully expect to need to switch her to a Desperation build. But that's a ways down the line...gotta finish up team flier first. Nino can't be the greatest ever. That honor belongs to Caeda!

@BANRYU How's Reciprocal Aid + Defiant Atk Kagero working, out of curiosity?

As far as the actual question...how do you feel about Vantage Kagero? It'd play nicely with Reciprocal Aid & Defiant Atk. The only thing you'd worry about from dagger users is if you fight neutral Def/HP Jaffar (with natural Life & Death) before getting the Defiant buff...because...well...

Spoiler

n1mXdw4.png

wtf

Then you'd run Tiki (I'm guessing you do Tiki face-tank → Kagero Reciprocal Aid?) and Nino and Abel or M!Robin to say hello to Rauðrraven/Triangle Adept mages. I'd be a little careful about M!Robin though, because that'd mean three 2-range only units on the same team =P . That's my first impression, anyway.

Edited by LordFrigid

EDIT: So I have access to Swordbreaker 3 and Lancebreaker 2 for my 5* Def+/Spd- Robin (Triangle Adept as well). What would be my best option here? If I run Swordbreaker, running Robin alongside my Abel is pretty much a no-go since that's major redundancy territory, and Lancebreaker would let him survive physical blues better (since with +Def and TA3 I'm guessing most swords aren't gonna be doing much to him anyway), although running Swordbreaker would let me swap Abel out for Kagero and have Robin be more specialized...

What's the best play here I'm not really sure. Lancebreaker is the option I'm inclined to shoot for but having a level 3 breaker available is pretty enticing...

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@BANRYUHow's Reciprocal Aid + Defiant Atk Kagero working, out of curiosity?

As far as the actual question...how do you feel about Vantage Kagero? It'd play nicely with Reciprocal Aid & Defiant Atk. The only thing you'd worry about from dagger users is if you fight neutral Def/HP Jaffar (with natural Life & Death) before getting the Defiant buff...because...well...

Then you'd run Tiki (I'm guessing you do Tiki face-tank → Kagero Reciprocal Aid?) and Nino and Abel or M!Robin to say hello to Rauðrraven/Triangle Adept mages. I'd be a little careful about M!Robin though, because that'd mean 2-range only on the same team =P . That's my first impression, anyway.

To be totally honest... I keep forgetting to use Reciprocal Aid ;; Mostly I've been using Kagero in the Voting Gauntlet (in my ever-efficient mindset I've been grinding my lower-level units in the arena rather than using my top guys ;; so I actually haven't had a chance to use her THAT much in the arena yet since she was maxed), and most of the time she's one-shotting folks without even needing DA3 that much, mostly since foes tend to be lower-level. I'll try to run some more testing to see how much use I'm getting out of RecipAid... (with her HP being so low it's hard to imagine she'll be a great healer with it, though mine is at least HP boon so she can make use of it that way...)

BUT, she can usually tank magic attacks to get into DA3 range pretty easily and when she does, her power is ungodly. Her middling speed makes it tough to get a consistent pattern as far as proc'ing Reprisal goes (doesn't add a whole lot anyway), but she kills pretty easily, I've been very satisfied with her performance! Probably my most reliable unit tbh. 

As for Vantage, yeah I wouldn't knock it? I don't have a Lonqu to give it up and was initially waiting to give it to Tiki, but I've been growing to like QuickRip on her so I might be willing to toss that onto Kagero if I roll what's needed for it, sure. I'm planning to use Robin more, so Jaffar shouldn't be much of a worry. 

When I do start using RA more, Abel will probably be the main recipient of it to keep him in Swordbreaker range... Tiki also loves getting the DA3 boost, but keeping her healthy is an option I'd be happy to have on the table.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I think Kagero's max HP is too low to get Tiki back into QR1 range even from full health, though Kagero RA + Nino ArdSac might do the trick if I'm willing to spend that much time healing her. 

Yeah, I was strongly considering rolling Tiki/Nino/Robin all on the same team but that IS a lot of magic all together x3 and then I have to choose between Kagero and another 1-range unit... haha... it's a rough call. 

Thanks for the input!

Edited by BANRYU

3 hours ago, BANRYU said:

As for Vantage, yeah I wouldn't knock it?

Well...all the current dagger users are infantry, and I wouldn't call any of them particularly common. She doesn't exactly have Desperation-level speed, and doesn't really need doubling power to do her job, especially with Defiant Atk setup. That leaves Vantage and Warps...or at least that's my thinking on the subject. Maybe I'm just too used to watching Nino Vantage OHKOs though.

imo Quick Riposte > Vantage for Tiki. Even +Atk Tikis aren't very good at one-shotting without Bonfire charged, from my experience. Also, without QR, you're not going to have Bonfire charged after one fight. That is kinda annoying about Kagero's HP being too low for Tiki to get back to 90% though.

I could've sworn I typed out "when you get a Lon'qu" somewhere in there...I must've cut it out for some reason, my bad >.< .

Turning the tables a bit...do you have a plan for Leo? I'm completely stuck on what to do with him.

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Well...all the current dagger users are infantry, and I wouldn't call any of them particularly common. She doesn't exactly have Desperation-level speed, and doesn't really need doubling power to do her job, especially with Defiant Atk setup. That leaves Vantage and Warps...or at least that's my thinking on the subject. Maybe I'm just too used to watching Nino Vantage OHKOs though.

imo Quick Riposte > Vantage for Tiki. Even +Atk Tikis aren't very good at one-shotting without Bonfire charged, from my experience. Also, without QR, you're not going to have Bonfire charged after one fight. That is kinda annoying about Kagero's HP being too low for Tiki to get back to 90% though.

I could've sworn I typed out "when you get a Lon'qu" somewhere in there...I must've cut it out for some reason, my bad >.< .

Turning the tables a bit...do you have a plan for Leo? I'm completely stuck on what to do with him.

Yeah, that's certainly true and Vantage would let her kick a lot of ass and actually be functional on EP as well (as it is I don't trust her to take any non-magic hits from less than full health lol). The main appeal of daggerbreaker is that I don't have to do anything to get it lol. Vantage definitely sounds like it'll be the most useful on Kagero out of who I've got, though.

And yeah, QR charging Bonfire is super good, and most of the time eating two hits puts her in DefAtk range as well so that Bonfire becomes a REAL nuke bwahahaha. In my experience, the two rounds of combat from Tiki are usually all it takes; one round that she survives to charge Bonfire and probably kill something green or grey (not named Kagero or Klein) and then another with the Mega Flare and the battle is usually over that round between her and other teammates.

As for Leo, my suggestion would be Triangle Adept + Axebreaker-- TA3 and his movement let him be a stellar Nino counter, not caring about any of her attacks and being able to approach + KO from outside her attack+movement range as long as it's otherwise safe to do so, and Axebreaker mainly filler but it gives him some more offensive presence on player phase so he can ORKO (since he's too slow to double pretty much anyone)-- other green mages can be baited and 2RKO'd pretty easily so IMO a breaker isn't necessary for them, and swords are harder / less reliable kills even with breaker. It's pretty niche, but it seems like his best cheap offensive variation even if it's kinda specialized. Not sure what for his C-slot (I figure Savage Blow is prob fine as is), but Rally + Hone/Fortify is always useful on specialized units who aren't guaranteed to be useful in every round.

If we're talking like top-level whale builds, then it'd be like Raudrblade, Fury, and Cavalry buffs alongside a team of other buff cavs. Red Breakers could probably be more useful on a build like this since he'll be packing more base stats and power overall, and heck Pass might actually be useful on cavs (though maybe more so for melee cavs than magic). Maybe Drag Back? shrug.

Not sure for his best proc option, though with Fury and Cav buffs Iceberg or Draconic Aura would both be pretty powerful. Support skill probably wants to be RecAid or mobility or something.

Since that ordeal was done of a map was done, a couple questions.

I think I'm leaning towards giving Oboro a Killer Lance rather than going with the Brave Lance or Silver Lance route. Ephraim and Sharena are basically the Silver Lance infantry -- unfortunately, the first Ephraim I summoned a couple days ago got screwed with +Res, -Def making him basically slower Sharena and a same speed, but not as bulky Oboro -- and Donnel is the Brave Lance infantry who I kind of want to make into a Heavy Lance user, but that'll be something for later. Question is what should I do with her A-slot? When I gave her Bonfire from Tiki -- best decision ever --, I grabbed Defiant Attack 1 just because and I remembered one of BANRYU's Oboro builds had Defiant Attack listed. Defiant Defense would be all right, but she's tanky in the first place. Also, B-slot and C-slot will be dealt with later. I want to do this piece by piece with priority going to empty slots, "necessary changes" which for Oboro was a different lance, and then everything else. That and while I could promote her to 5*, I'd rather not until I have like an excess of 40k feathers. 20k feathers equals 4* units for me which and some of them are very well-worth in for me.

Next up is Sully. She is the only physical lance cavalier I have and that's made up of not only her skills, but also her boon and bane: +Def and -Res. The only other cavalier I have is Jagen and he's more of a mage killer -- I'd rather have Peri for that since she's naturally faster, but I don't have her, so whatever. I have no idea why all of the current cavaliers are pretty much magic-resistant or have all right defenses in the case of Abel. Anyway, since neither of her defensive stats will cap to at least 30, I'm guessing the specials that she would want would be either Moonbow/Luna or Dragon Gaze/Fang. Luna is more plentiful since I have about 4 spare Fredericks -- one of the 3* has +Atk, -Res and I'm debating if I want to use that one over the +Spd, -Res one that is already a lv. 40 4*.

Cain. I ended up summoning 3 and the first one and current one I'm using has +Res, -Def which evens them out to, if he was a 5*, 24 each which is lower than Abel's by 1 and only 1 higher than Eliwood's neutral defense. Let's just say he's dependent on Escutcheon and being able to ORKO units. He's fun to use, though. The other 2 have +HP, -Spd -- he's going to be Wings of Mercy fodder -- and the recent one has +Atk, -Spd. As a Brave Sword user, he might not care for speed, but having high attack. Still kind of sucks it has to drop a bit, but whatever. Anyway, my question is should I not even bother getting his Wings of Mercy skills, but give him Axebreaker from one of spare Laslows that got summoned? It would basically make him a sword Abel which is fine and while Eliwood already has Axebreaker, Eliwood hits much harder in general -- he's +Atk, -Res --, but his defense isn't as good as neutral defense Cain, so he takes chunks of damage sometimes against axe users.

Edited by Kaden

55 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

As for Leo, my suggestion would be Triangle Adept + Axebreaker-- TA3 and his movement let him be a stellar Nino counter, not caring about any of her attacks and being able to approach + KO from outside her attack+movement range as long as it's otherwise safe to do so, and Axebreaker mainly filler but it gives him some more offensive presence on player phase so he can ORKO (since he's too slow to double pretty much anyone)-- other green mages can be baited and 2RKO'd pretty easily so IMO a breaker isn't necessary for them, and swords are harder / less reliable kills even with breaker. It's pretty niche, but it seems like his best cheap offensive variation even if it's kinda specialized. Not sure what for his C-slot (I figure Savage Blow is prob fine as is), but Rally + Hone/Fortify is always useful on specialized units who aren't guaranteed to be useful in every round.

If we're talking like top-level whale builds, then it'd be like Raudrblade, Fury, and Cavalry buffs alongside a team of other buff cavs. Red Breakers could probably be more useful on a build like this since he'll be packing more base stats and power overall, and heck Pass might actually be useful on cavs (though maybe more so for melee cavs than magic). Maybe Drag Back? shrug.

Not sure for his best proc option, though with Fury and Cav buffs Iceberg or Draconic Aura would both be pretty powerful. Support skill probably wants to be RecAid or mobility or something.

Hm...interesting options. I was kinda debating between -blade and -raven myself, actually. I'm waiting for Xander and Camus to happen before putting a cav team together though. Definitely going to use Cecilia as a 3rd for color coverage & Player Phase options (Xander and Camus are getting the Quick Riposte + Bonfire/Ignis/Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang treatment for all the disgustingness). -blade Leo would probably make a solid 4th. Thanks for the tips!

Edited by LordFrigid

Yeah... hopefully Xander/Camus will be sufficient Eldigan stand-ins; I've got plenty of material for a cav team but not the recommended core of Eldy + Rein (only the latter haha). I'm gonna be shooting for maybe like Eliwood, Reinhardt, Camus, and Cecilia/Leo... I'd like to be able to work in Leo but who knows x__x