Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I didn't see that when I typed my post. There was a Sophia in the daily rotation, you could've made use of her.

lol no. I always see people say she sucks. Also, that's a lowly 1/2 star unit. Useless trash.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

lol no. I always see people say she sucks.

She hits once but hard. You can use a dancer with her (there was an Olivia in the daily rotation).

Promoting a 2⋆ to 3⋆ only costs 200 feathers. Pocket change.

Edited by Vaximillian

She hits once but hard. You can use a dancer with her (there was an Olivia in the daily rotation).

Again, awful idea. Olivia is crap too. I don't use her anymore, because all she does is get killed. I pulled her at 4 star and did level her up some, just to point out.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Again, awful idea. Olivia is crap too. I don't use her anymore, because all she does is get killed.

You use her wrong then. She doesn't belong on the frontlines.

You use her wrong then. She doesn't belong on the frontlines.

DUH, I don't PUT her on the frontlines. She gets taken out by archers and mages because of crappy defenses.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Again, awful idea. Olivia is crap too. I don't use her anymore, because all she does is get killed.

Most Olivias have durability issues- I'm probably the only one who's tried to put one on an offensive.

A properly used Olivia shouldn't be seeing the business end of a weapon. Again, this casts doubts on my ability to properly use an Olivia, but I have been known to throw pegasus knights at archers.

Try a push forward or making sure the dance makes a kill. Rangers don't exist on this map anyway.

Edited by phineas81707

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I do have a mage that isn't blue, but it's female Robin and she's green, not red (she's also 3 star and I'm not upgrading her right now). Also, blame it on red mages being too hard to pull. Leo is a 5 star only, Lilina is 5 star only, etc.

Lilina and Tharja are four star, while Raigh and Sophia are freebie units. I think Eclipse said they were going to do it with Raigh. Might be worth asking them what their plans are?

That being said, my Lilina at level 38 four star couldn't even two shot Michalis even with dance...

Other options would be to find a bulky sword unit and use triangle adept to get rid of Michalis. I have a four star Roy on my second account that I might have to use (my first account was very lucky in regards to pulls so no problems there). Do you have any bulky sword units that can be trained up? A dancer is pretty essential in this map, I found, but others might disagree...

Also, it's worth getting both Michalis's available. He has an invaluable skill with that shield. Get warmed up on the hard map and then really go for it with Lunatic :D

Edited by Cute Chao

DUH, I don't PUT her on the frontlines. She gets taken out by archers and mages because of crappy defenses.

Which is why you kill them before they get to you.

You refuse to use what resources you get and then you complain that the game is cheating. Ana why.

@immatx Do you have everyone clustered on the right side of the map? Your lineup order should be Sword, Bow, Elise, Effie. This puts everyone in the starting position of where you need to go. First 4-5 turns is just moving Effie up along the right to just barely be in cav's and lance peg's attack range.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

A properly used Olivia shouldn't be seeing the business end of a weapon.

I KNOW that. I just said I don't make her fight often.

Someone just tell me how to work with what I already have instead of telling me to use trash. The high star units I've been training other than Frederick, male Robin, Palla, Virion, and Sharena are Marth, Roy, Hawkeye, female Corrin, Stahl, and Jagen. I also have Sakura over lv. 30 and she's 4 star. But I don't know if it's worth it to replace someone with a healer.

Just now, silverserpent said:

@immatx Do you have everyone clustered on the right side of the map? Your lineup order should be Sword, Bow, Elise, Effie. This puts everyone in the starting position of where you need to go. First 4-5 turns is just moving Effie up along the right to just barely be in cav's and lance peg's attack range.

I used Julia, Azura, Roy, and Effie. I don't have a leveled bow user. I could sub in 4* Gordin at lv18 but he's meh, +def -spd.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is why you kill them before they get to you.

You refuse to use what resources you get and then you complain that the game is cheating. Ana why.

You think I don't try to do that? It doesn't always work.

I'm trying to use what I have! Why would I not?

Just now, immatx said:

I used Julia, Azura, Roy, and Effie. I don't have a leveled bow user. I could sub in 4* Gordin at lv18 but he's meh, +def -spd.

Aaaah...That's the problem then. Hmm...is Julia able to knock out that peg knight with Azura's help?

1 hour ago, immatx said:

Did Effie not get dragged back into Michalis' aggro zone for y'all? I tried the same exact thing (I think), both times Effie got dragged back and was almost ORKO by Michalis.

Not at all, she and Jeorge were behind the wall and Michalis never approached either.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Someone just tell me how to work with what I already have instead of telling me to use trash.

I see exactly that. Watch the video, look at all the trash you're bashing.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I see exactly that. Watch the video, look at all the trash you're bashing.

...Uh, what? What video?

Well, I guess I'm not going to get Michalis then, thanks to IS deciding to make him too stupidly hard. Not my fault they did that. Not everyone has access to a bunch of 5 stars and red mages and such.

Edited by Anacybele

On 20/03/2017 at 1:36 PM, azurrys said:

Alright, here’s a proper write-up of the strategy I used. It's pretty simple and shouldn’t require too many units.

What you need: a competent Archer (who can tank the Sword Cav for 1 turn), a Dancer (doesn’t need to be leveled), someone who can one-round Michalis, and a blue unit or other weakling as bait. I used Klein, Olivia, Tharja and Reinhardt in those roles (sorry Reinhardt). I can provide a few screenshots if anyone needs help visualising the positioning!

Turns 1, 2 and 3: Move everyone to the right flank. Position Klein just below the range of the Lance Flier with Olivia below him. Doesn’t matter where the other two go as long as everyone's grouped together. Wait one turn after positioning so everyone can move.

Turn 4: Use Klein to kill the Lance Flier. Dance for him so he can move up and attack the Sword Cavalier. It doesn’t matter if the Cavalier doesn’t die; the important thing is to get him below 50% HP so Bowbreaker doesn’t come into effect. Tharja gets behind the wall below Olivia, and Reinhardt goes below her.

Turn 5: During enemy phase, Michalis should fly down towards Reinhardt. The Sword Cavalier hits Klein, who survives, and the Sword Flier moves towards injured Klein. On player phase, use Klein to kill the Sword Flier, then dance for him so he kills the Sword Cavalier too. Reinhardt and Tharja move just out of Michalis’s range.

Turn 6: On enemy phase, Michalis draws nearer again. Kill him with Tharja. Meanwhile, the Lancer is creeping along the top. Keep Klein out of his range and on turn whatever, once the Lancer gets close enough, use Klein to kill him with Olivia dancing if necessary.

I was struggling a bit so I ended up using a variant of this. I don't think I had any unit capable of ORKO Michalis, so I took Nino with me instead of Tharja; Klein, Olivia. I first tried taking Sharena as the blue bait, but Michalis didn't consider her puny enough apparently, so I swapped her with Cordelia with better result.

First part with Klein worked like a charm. Olivia was close enough to Nino and Cordelia so she could refresh Nino to kill Michalis comfortably. And after a couple of turns of regrouping, I did the same with the last lancer.

Thanks for the strategy! :D

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Aaaah...That's the problem then. Hmm...is Julia able to knock out that peg knight with Azura's help?

I have no idea, but I think she'd fall just short. She'd do 15 damage per hit, plus whatever the type advantage gives her. I could try swapping out Azura for Gordin and see if that keeps the peg knight away from Effie. As long as Michalis goes down then Roy and Julia should be able to beat him fairly easily.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This video. In it a player beats Michalis' Lunatic map with 3⋆ level 40 Olivia, Sophia, Narcian, and Subaki.

3 star variations of those shitty characters (except Narcian, I don't know if he's bad or not)? Yeah, sure. I don't believe it's possible without hacks or cheats. The lunatic map has lv. 40 5 star units, a lot stronger than lowly 3 stars.

I also don't have Sophia or Subaki. I used to have two of Subaki, but I sent both home by mistake. I still hate that I did that. I meant to only send ONE home.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Uh, what? What video?

Well, I guess I'm not going to get Michalis then, thanks to IS deciding to make him too stupidly hard. Not my fault they did that. Not everyone has access to a bunch of 5 stars and red mages and such.

There's still the Hard map, too. They give options to allow you to get him even with units that aren't quite suited to the Lunatic map.

The game is designed to require you to use and train a range of units (unless you're as strategically amazing as the guy in the video who can do it with all the freebie units).

I would suggest reconsidering getting him on hard. As for lunatic... I'm not good enough to say how to do it myself. Roy with triangle adept might be worth pitting against Michalis at least, but how to get there, I don't know ^.^''

You think I don't try to do that? It doesn't always work.

Look at all the variations of teams listed on the first post, maybe you can match at least one of them and try to copy their strategy to beat it. If not, then you probably don't have the means to beat this map on lunatic. Even Hector is trash here, so your own Frederick won't make much of an impact, either.

Mages are best to take advantage of the low resistance of the dragon fliers, with a hard-hitting red mage like Tharja or Sophia to take down Michalis, a bow unit will help take care of the pegasus units and other dragon units. The point of a dancing unit like Olivia is to dance an offensive unit so they can help kill another unit before they get reached and possibly killed. There are other viable methods as made obvious by the vast list of units used in the first post, so try to experiment before throwing in the towel just because your own methods aren't working the way you want them to.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

@immatx do you have any level up shards/crystals you can beef him with? I know today is a transparent day if you need some

I should have a lot saved up. I could probably get him to to around level 30, would that be high enough?

3 star variations of those shitty characters (except Narcian, I don't know if he's bad or not)? Yeah, sure. I don't believe it's possible without hacks or cheats. The lunatic map has lv. 40 5 star units, a lot stronger than lowly 3 stars.

Just watch the freaking video. It's absolutely legit.

Ana, you are given the means to solve your problem. If you won't use them, then use something else instead and don't complain you're forced to be inventive.

Edited by Vaximillian