Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I missed this but would it be worth using the next focus heroes?

i have 3 star versions of Eliwood and Selena and a 4 star Gordin. Gordin has been levelled now but is it worth training up the Sword users?

Can i get away with levelling uo to 40 as 3 star? Want to use feathers for something else for now..

Hmm. Maybe.

I'd like to see what characters you have before I go in depth...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selena and Gordin are worth training. I used 4* versions of both to beat the map on Lunatic. Eliwood is of questionable use. I have a trained one, and after playing that version of the map, I have no idea how he fits into the banner. Sure, he's got Axebreaker, but his Atk and Def are really mediocre, meaning that if he tries to duel Michalis (very high Atk and Def), he's in for a bad time.

13 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Selena and Gordin are worth training. I used 4* versions of both to beat the map on Lunatic. Eliwood is of questionable use. I have a trained one, and after playing that version of the map, I have no idea how he fits into the banner. Sure, he's got Axebreaker, but his Atk and Def are really mediocre, meaning that if he tries to duel Michalis (very high Atk and Def), he's in for a bad time.

Is it a 4* or 5* Eliwood? I have a 4* Eliwood and he seems decidedly meh, and I've been wondering if he's much better as a 5*.

12 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I think Eliwood's purpose in the banner is because of his Axebreaker skill... Though you probably could just use a 4* Laslow as well....Other than that.. I don't think theres another reason.... Actually... Just use Laslow. He's probably better in this scenario over Eliwood.

Gordin is the Brave Bow archer. That just makes sense. I found the Lunatic units difficult to double...

Selena.... I have no idea why she's on the banner, but at least she can tank a hit or two.

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

Is it a 4* or 5* Eliwood? I have a 4* Eliwood and he seems decidedly meh, and I've been wondering if he's much better as a 5*.

He gets Durandal, which gives him +4 attack when he initiates combat.

3 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Most characters that have a personal weapon get decidedly better at 5*.  Durandal beasically gives him Death Blow 2, for an effective Atk of 50 at neutral nature.  Although he's too slow to really double much.  His 5* is much better than his 4*, but not really top tier.

So he goes from meh to decent, rather than good to great.  Since there are so many better Sword users, he's got a lot of competition.  If he was a Lancer and had Sword breaker instead of Axe breaker, he's be a lot more viable.

29 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

4*. He's very lackluster. He's basically a buff bot for my cavalry team.

28 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I think Eliwood's purpose in the banner is because of his Axebreaker skill... Though you probably could just use a 4* Laslow as well....Other than that.. I don't think theres another reason.... Actually... Just use Laslow. He's probably better in this scenario over Eliwood.

Gordin is the Brave Bow archer. That just makes sense. I found the Lunatic units difficult to double...

Selena.... I have no idea why she's on the banner, but at least she can tank a hit or two.

I did note that, but Axebreaker really isn't enough to help him with his stats the way they are. Even with a bunch of extra Atk for being 5*, I find it dubious that his mediocre durability is worth pitting him against Michalis.

Gordin's probably the most useful one because he guarantees a kill on either of the flier mooks.

Selena is there for a couple reasons: Reposition, which is seriously helpful in such tighter quarters, and Triangle Adept. After Spur Def 3 and Triangle Adept 2, even my 4* Selena had reduced Michalis's damage to 3. The 5* version would probably take 1. This gives her the opportunity for laying on four hits without any serious retribution (but the rest of her team had better help her finish him off on PP, because otherwise he'll drop that AoE on EP).

16 hours ago, sdgj1994 said:

I actually beat it on Lunatic! Go me haha! And with that, Shanna just got more awesome! Bring on the Takumis :P

IMG_9655.PNG

I approve of this...

Shanna... :wub:

Edited by Frosty

20 hours ago, Avestus said:

@eclipse it's probably too late, but the news on the main site has wrong time :/

This thread has it right. Can be confirmed by this preview of youtube translation https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL4QXzpNZLo1_qoY_byNzcEknBZJc1wuOP&v=ZFxXMAOQiRY

Can you correct that somehow?

No, I don't have access to that!

Anyway, I slept through the Grand Battle.  I need my beauty rest!  I hope everyone who participated had fun~!

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do you have any red mages leveled up? Even a 3 or 4 star would work. You want some way to kill the boss in 1 turn from afar, as his melee skill is pretty much gameover if it goes off. With that slight addition you could easily win with your current roster by having Azura dance for the red mage and then tank the red cavalry on the right. Merric might be able to kill him if his attack is high enough, but I wouldn't know for sure.

I don't sadly, which is what I was most worried about. I do have a gold Tharja, but she's only level 18. :(

8 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Just wondering, but what was the star and level suggestion for the lunatic Michalis GHB?

5* Lv.40 is what the enemies were.

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

5* Lv.40 is what the enemies were.

I don't think I'll have enough time but I'm going to go all out and hope to raise my gold Henry with Triangle Adept 3 up to 40. He's only level 13 right now but maybe I can manage it.

25 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Just wondering, but what was the star and level suggestion for the lunatic Michalis GHB?

Use the Edit button next time.

As in, another double-post is a warning.

22 minutes ago, JSND said:

Narcian + Subaki seems to be the mvp for this GHB from what i heard

What is it about Subaki that allows him to do this lmao

He flies, has amazing defenses and passable speed, has Quick Riposte (so he attacks twice when attacked at high health), and he wields a jewel weapon (reds do squat for damage, and his low attack gets a much-needed buff).

Narcian operates under a similar principle, except with Lancebreaker.

41 minutes ago, eclipse said:

He flies, has amazing defenses and passable speed, has Quick Riposte (so he attacks twice when attacked at high health), and he wields a jewel weapon (reds do squat for damage, and his low attack gets a much-needed buff).

I'm more confused by why Subaki is able to cheese 2 GHB in a row instead of the how tbh lol

Like of all things, its Subaki

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

I'm more confused by why Subaki is able to cheese 2 GHB in a row instead of the how tbh lol

You quoted my explanation.  His weapon applications may change, but his stats don't.

Good to know on those characters, was just curious how the stack up on the battle and wondering if I should bother training my 3 stars..

Almost maxed out Gordin at least!

6 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Hmm. Maybe.

I'd like to see what characters you have before I go in depth...

Well I've got 4 star Tharja and Palla almost maxed out, and they sound like they would work well. Also have a Gunter+Ursula combo I've been playing with that might deal with the cavalry, although from the tight spaces it looks like I'll probably need a dancer. I also have a 5 star Merrick but I don't think the tight spaces would work for him, unless I bring my currently 3 star Olivia from the free maps (maybe I should bump her up all the way to 5 stars? Don't have a dancer on this account). Oh and that 4 star Gordin. Also have Catria/Robin at 4 stars but I don't think they'll be against Michalis at all.

Otherwise on my iPad, I have Sanaki to be a red magic nuke and a 5 star Minerva. I also have 4 star female Corrin/Sully to deal with the Swordies, and 5 star Lucina/Camilla. Archer-wise, Jeorge is my highest level at level 36 and for other Greenies, lv 36 Nino and lv 33 Sheena. Also have a 4 star Olivia to Dance.

@eclipse: The fact that Subaki isn't an infantry/cavalry unit really helped in that Ursula map, I reckon.

28 minutes ago, JSND said:

I personally don't much like Subaki as a character, but I'll be damned if I don't raise my 4* of him to level 40. That's twice now that Japanese guy used a 3* version of him in lunatic mode grand hero battles (Michalis and Ursula) and Subaki was pretty much MVP of both.

11 hours ago, Ryuke said:

But... he's going to be 3* ... which is really really low.

10th stratum is brutal in a sense... they use freaking Wing of Mercy to get you off your game.

My Subaki is three star xD I keep meaning to promote him but I just don't dare right now since he's so crucial...

My Narcian and Palla are four star, although I think she has an attack bane, so I really need to level up my three star Palla to replace her at some point...

I'm definitely promoting both Narcian and Subaki to 4⋆ after the Michalis battle. Both are now 3⋆ lvl 35-ish, and I'm going to cap them by Thursday.
Lilina will fill in for Sophia as a red nuke because Lilina best red mage and don't argue with me.

I finished this with lucina, eirika, nowi and takumi. Lucina one shots michalis and with nowi's defense boost she can tank both the lancer and michalis in same turn

I ran out of time, but I got really close to beating Lunatic with this team:

Lucina 5*

Jeorge 5*

Effie 4*

Sakura 4*

If Effie had Svalinn shield I would have done this easily, but my team was unable to take down the heavy lance wielder.  Effie and Jeorge were also not 40 yet.  Having corrected those flaws I'm looking forward to another run Friday.

By the way, has anyone confirmed whether we'll be able to earn Michalis twice on the maps we finished early.  I do have the 3* and I'm wondering if I can get another along with the 4*.

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

From the sounds of it, Subaki will be of use in the grand hero battles for a while (considering the next 5 battles are red sword users...) He may as well be crowned the god of these hero battles. 

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Good to know on those characters, was just curious how the stack up on the battle and wondering if I should bother training my 3 stars..

Almost maxed out Gordin at least!

Well I've got 4 star Tharja and Palla almost maxed out, and they sound like they would work well. Also have a Gunter+Ursula combo I've been playing with that might deal with the cavalry, although from the tight spaces it looks like I'll probably need a dancer. I also have a 5 star Merrick but I don't think the tight spaces would work for him, unless I bring my currently 3 star Olivia from the free maps (maybe I should bump her up all the way to 5 stars? Don't have a dancer on this account). Oh and that 4 star Gordin. Also have Catria/Robin at 4 stars but I don't think they'll be against Michalis at all.

Otherwise on my iPad, I have Sanaki to be a red magic nuke and a 5 star Minerva. I also have 4 star female Corrin/Sully to deal with the Swordies, and 5 star Lucina/Camilla. Archer-wise, Jeorge is my highest level at level 36 and for other Greenies, lv 36 Nino and lv 33 Sheena. Also have a 4 star Olivia to Dance.

Sounds like a decent plan to me. I'd get Palla on your team... she has goad fliers and that will come in handy if you bring more fliers to the party.

My team will probably be Subaki, Palla, Narcian and maybe Takumi.