Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

3 minutes ago, Orson said:

I assume there aren't extra copies of Michalis for those who did the map on the 45 minutes thing, correct?

No, there are not. The maximum number of copies of Michalis anyone can have right now is 2. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@eclipse, @MaskedAmpharosthank you! Tharja-Olivia-Beruka-Lissa won the match, and a guaranteed Iote's Shield for some flier.

Unfortunately, since I've only got the two and a collector's mentality (missing out on Narcian still bites), I'll probably never wind up using it on a Whitewing even though I know I'm hoping for too much in getting a Tana or an Elincia when they come out.

So glad I trained Subaki/Narcian for this. They take no damage at all from the Swords/Lances respectively. Subaki needs Dancer support though since he still does low damage, but Lancebreaker really lets Narcian shine. Finished off Michalis with Tharja/Sanaki from behind the wall, although this last steps depended where the Sword flier would go (Sanaki unfortunately needed 1 more HP to survive the sword flier when it moved unexpectedly in her reach.)

That said, this was just the hard map using level 30 3 star Subaki/Narcian. Might need to train up a few more levels for Lunatic.

Finally tried, managed to beat the level 30 map with the OC trio and Felicia, who did chip damage and healing.

So I'm now wondering what would be the best way to beat the level 40 map, and if fliers are actually viable on it.

24 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So glad I trained Subaki/Narcian for this. They take no damage at all from the Swords/Lances respectively. Subaki needs Dancer support though since he still does low damage, but Lancebreaker really lets Narcian shine. Finished off Michalis with Tharja/Sanaki from behind the wall, although this last steps depended where the Sword flier would go (Sanaki unfortunately needed 1 more HP to survive the sword flier when it moved unexpectedly in her reach.)

That said, this was just the hard map using level 30 3 star Subaki/Narcian. Might need to train up a few more levels for Lunatic.

There's a video on youtube of a guy beating the Michalis map on Lunatic with only 3* units, two of which were Subaki and Narcian, so they should be fine at 3* (you might need to get them to level 40 though, haven't done calcs). 

I did post calcs on what Tharja would need to kill Michalis on Lunatic though, which you should see if you go back a few posts on this thread. 

Overall though, you should be fine on Lunatic with this same team.

One day, Raigh will not be the answer to a Grand Hero Battle.  But not today.

Beat this map with Raigh (who's also a +1, but I'm not sure if this makes a difference)/Olivia/Sully/Camilla, all 4*.  Didn't bother baiting, and instead rushed Sully to the sword cav, who she ORKO'd.  After that came the somewhat hair-raising process of separating the fliers.  Lance flier broke off first, which meant that Camilla could safely ORKO it.  Michalis wound up next to the wall, so a Dance-powered Raigh had just enough oomph to kill (and by dance-powered, I mean Hone Atk and Olivia dancing for him - needs 41 MT to pull this off).  From there, it was a matter of weapon type matching and baiting, with Raigh getting the kill on the Heavy Spear unit because why the hell not.

EDIT: On second consideration, I think Raigh can get away with having 38 MT, due to Seal Resistance.  Oops.

Edited by eclipse

Beat Lunatic with a team of Sanaki, Minerva, Ephraim and Ninian. My usual playstyle tend to involve just never getting hit, so this felt super weird. Not one of my characters had full HP at the end. I'm pretty sure the way I was doing it wasn't ideal at all. But basically Ephraim to tank anything not Michalis, Sanaki to kill Michalis with a dance, plus one-rounding the sword users (with swordbreaker) and Minerva cleaning up the lance users.

Yeah, it's thanks to that link that I trained those two 3 star units and used my lv 24 2 star Olivia haha. Really appreciated! (Granted I didn't watch the whole video yet because I'll feel more accomplished trying to figure the later steps myself. That'll be a last resort)

Unfortunately the flying sword unit keeps going down, so in Lunatic Sanaki can't 2HKO the sword flier. I've tried swapping Subaki with level 40 Sully to take out the Sword Cavalier on the top right faster- which worked but I somehow messed up my positioning in later turns where it was too crowded on the right and either Olivia/Sanaki would be in range of Michalis.

Still it's doable, I just need to wait for stamina again. I don't feel the need to rush this like the Ursula map since I the 1.5 exp really helped me train up the units.

I could probably replace Narcian with my 5 star Minerva- Narcian takes 3 damage from the lance flier currently. Not sure if this will make a difference, Narcian kills fast with Lancebreaker so he's still useful.

Edited by mcsilas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ4eQHtdW44

Here is a video of a player beating Michalis' map on Lunatic using only 3* free units, in case this helps anyone with team composition or strategy.

It might have been posted before on this thread, but I figured I may as well bring it up again so people don't have to go back several pages to find it. 

51 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Here is a video of a player beating Michalis' map on Lunatic using only 3* free units, in case this helps anyone with team composition or strategy.

It might have been posted before on this thread, but I figured I may as well bring it up again so people don't have to go back several pages to find it. 

It's on the first page.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. . .thanks to @Raven for being awesome, I compiled a list of all the characters used, as of JSND's confirmation.

Spoiler

Abel - 1
Adult Tiki - 2
Azura - 2
Beruka - 1
Caeda - 2
Camilla - 4
Cherche - 2
Cordelia - 1
Effie - 1
Eirika - 4
Elise - 1
Ephraim - 5
Female Corrin - 1
Gordin - 1
Gunter - 1
Hector - 1
Hinoka - 3
Julia - 3
Klein - 4
Lilina - 1
Linde - 3
Lissa - 2
Lucina - 5
Lyn - 2
Male Robin - 1
Marth - 1
Minerva - 4
Narcian - 11
Ninian - 10
Nino - 3
Nowi - 1
Olivia - 8
Palla - 6
Peri - 2
Raigh - 1
Reinhardt - 3
Roy - 2
Ryoma - 2
Sanaki - 3
Sharena - 2
Sophia - 1
Subaki - 5
Sully - 1
Takumi - 8
Tharja - 4
Ursula - 1
Wrys - 1
Young Tiki - 5

The count between Tikis might be a bit off, since @VincentASM didn't specify which one he used.  I'm going to assume it's the younger one, since the older one would be doubled by the lance guy.

What can we gather from this?

1. The most popular team would be Narcian, Takumi, Ninian, and Olivia. . .but since two dancers is lame, replace Olivia with Palla.
2. A LOT of characters can be used, so get creative!

Edited by eclipse

20 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It has been posted several times indeed but it still doesn't hurt to post it one more time. I was inspired by this video, only replacing Sophia with Lilina.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

@eclipse, @MaskedAmpharosthank you! Tharja-Olivia-Beruka-Lissa won the match, and a guaranteed Iote's Shield for some flier.

Unfortunately, since I've only got the two and a collector's mentality (missing out on Narcian still bites), I'll probably never wind up using it on a Whitewing even though I know I'm hoping for too much in getting a Tana or an Elincia when they come out.

Glad it worked for you eventually! I'm in the similar position as you. I'd hate to get rid of any character for no real reason exactly because of my collector's mentality.

I am now at a loss trying to decide whether it's better to promote the 3⋆ Mike in order to make use of his increased potential SP pool or to stick with the 4⋆ one because those feathers can be better spent elsewhere (I already promised to promote Narcian and Subaki after this hero battle, for example).

@eclipse, I see I'm the only one using Lilina. No regrets, no remorse.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

@eclipse

Interesting to see I'm alone in using Lissa. Though I note Beruka isn't on the list?

I added yours in there.  You're the second person to use Lissa!

now get on my hipster level and use Raigh for everything :P:

Oh, I suppose I didn't list my team.

For the sake of data collection, I used Ryoma, Sharena, Narcian, and Ninian.

It was reasonably straightforward. Narcian baited and ORKOd the lance pegasus, and on the following player phase, Sharena walked up and ORKOd the sword cavalier. I then moved everyone out of Michalis' way (with some help from Ninian) except for Ryoma, who ORKOd Michalis on enemy phase. On the last turn I just danced Sharena up to the final sword peg and ORKOd her.

Skill inheritance definitely helped a ton. Sharena wouldn't have gotten the ORKOs she did without Swordbreaker, nor would Ryoma have gotten the ORKO he did without Fury and also Ninian giving him an inherited Hone Atk buff. Swap on Ryoma also made repositioning a lot easier than it would have been otherwise.

My team was pretty specifically tailored for this GHB, so I imagine it's not easily replicated. But here it is, if anyone was interested. That said, Ryoma is easily replaced with any sword lord, Sharena with any decent blue with swordbreaker, and Ninian with another dancer. The only specific unit I needed was really Narcian, to ORKO the first peg lancer.

EDIT: @eclipse This was on Lunatic.

Double EDIT: I recently discovered (well, remembered) that color-coding was a thing, and I'm having fun with it :P

Plus, it may help some people with following what happens in larger walls of text. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

If you want me to add your characters to the stats table:

1. Specify what difficulty you did it on.
2. Ping me (the @ symbol followed by my name will do it).

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I added yours in there.  You're the second person to use Lissa!

now get on my hipster level and use Raigh for everything :P:

Ah. But if my count is correct, only four people used healers. I'd never have the confidence to abandon Lissa, but considering the entire point is to not let a single person die, I'm surprised so few used one.

I mean, my Beruka survived the first round by the skin of her teeth, and she remained a damage-taker throughout.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Ah. But if my count is correct, only four people used healers. I'd never have the confidence to abandon Lissa, but considering the entire point is to not let a single person die, I'm surprised so few used one.

I mean, my Beruka survived the first round by the skin of her teeth, and she remained a damage-taker throughout.

I ORKO'd everyone on my phase, hence the lack of healer on my part.  I'm pretty sure the majority of people without healers did the same.

I was lazy, and just referenced the Smite strat recommended by Altema to clear the map. I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned here yet though, because I feel like it's pretty much the easiest way possible, if you have the tools. It looks like this:

Using Effie or Bartre, you can use Smite to push a unit that can deal with the top right Cavalier up past the flier zone, which will trigger everyone's aggro. Then it's just a matter of killing everything fast, which will be much easier once the fliers are spread out. Alternatively, if you don't have Smite, you can use Shove, but your anti-Cavalier unit will have to be Cavalry as well to close the distance. Sully and Abel are good choices if you have to do this, and 4* Roy, 3* Gordin and 3* Est have access to Shove.

My team was Julia/Lucina/Effie/Sharena, all 5*. I had Sharena get pushed up to the Cavalier. Unlike in the video, Michalis went right instead of down, because of my Lucina's presence. My Effie ended up soloing the Red and Blue Fliers, while Lucina and Julia doubled-teamed Michalis to finish him. Surprisingly enough, the final Lancer from the left caused my Sharena some problems, so I just baited him back and had Julia finish the job.

@eclipse

Honestly, very interesting statistics. Effie carried both me and a friend through the map completely, yet no one here used her. She can take out the top right caviar and sword pegasus with ease, letting the ranged units hide safely behind the wall to dish out damage against the fliers (although you'll need a solid red unit or mage to take on Michalis, Klein does very little damage, he can take a hit from YTiki easily and it was mainly up to Linde taking him down in two rounds).

For the record, my team was Effie (4*), Klein (4*), Linde and Young Tiki.

Edit: I did complete it on Lunatic.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

54 minutes ago, Emerence said:

Would love advice on a good team to beat lunatic with. Please help? :)

Have you tried looking through and trying some strats that I've linked to in the first post of this topic? I'm sure there's at least one team there that you can conjure up and follow a strategy to beat it.