Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

Why did they pick Palla instead of Caeda? Surely she'd be the best one to pick for her game, being the more official lady and all... Palla seems an odd choice over her sisters, and if they needed a swordie, why not Caeda?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

On an unrelated note, I'm mulling over who to place as my leading unit.  Klein seems like an obvious pick, but something tells me that archers will be pretty heavily counter-teamed in this gauntlet.  Mayhaps Lucina (red > green)/Young Tiki (magic red >> green)/Tharja (ranged magic red >>> green) might be better, assuming the Gauntlet separates out the Wyverns and the Pegasi until the finals.

Last gauntlet I has 2 Takumi friends and an M robin friend on team Ephraim. One Takumi was +atk

I never lost.

So just pick Klein ;)

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Why did they pick Palla instead of Caeda? Surely she'd be the best one to pick for her game, being the more official lady and all... Palla seems an odd choice over her sisters, and if they needed a swordie, why not Caeda?

They wanted to switch the vibe off of blue hair and show off Palla's excellent fashion sense

Probably because Caeda sucks as a unit at base. Skill inheritance makes her OK but when you have boatloads of speed with no defense or attack and you're a sword user, u kind of stink

But Palla has a ruby sword which somewhat helps more than the good ol' armor slayer

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

Last gauntlet I has 2 Takumi friends and an M robin friend on team Ephraim. One Takumi was +atk

I never lost.

So just pick Klein ;)

They wanted to switch the vibe off of blue hair and show off Palla's excellent fashion sense

Probably because Caeda sucks as a unit at base. Skill inheritance makes her OK but when you have boatloads of speed with no defense or attack and you're a sword user, u kind of stink

But Palla has a ruby sword which somewhat helps more than the good ol' armor slayer

Ahhh, makes sense. So they acknowledge they've made their leading lady suck? xD Whoops!

I do like Palla, though. She was my third unit on my flier's quest and she actually did occasionally do... things. Ofc, Subaki and Narcian got the majority, and he is getting my first round even if Cordelia is going to smash him to the ground. We'll go down fighting!

Tsubaki > Catria? Mkay.

Out of all these characters, the only units I have are Palla and Cherche. Palla is untrained, so ... I guess it's time to use Cherche. I'm pretty sure she's not going to go far in the voting gauntlet though ...

I still intend to back Cherche despite not having her, but since I recently summoned a 5* Minerva, I'll jump onto her team afterwards. 

I also summoned a 5* Camilla, but tbh I could summon 10 5* Camillas and not back her. Just gonna use her as Brave Axe+ fodder for my eventual Cherche :P

Funny thing about Caeda not getting picked is really because late IS actually love Caeda so much

I mean lets put it this way. Caeda got EVEN MORE dialogue in the remake and shes already have one of the bigger volume of dialogue in FE1 and FE3. FE12 readds the full crew of "Caeda's bitch" squad that is cut from FE3, she got her own Personal wepaon. And even if this isn't enough Awakening aknowledge Caeda as the strongest knight in the same army that includes monsters like Hardin and later on Sirius

Thats a much higher level of respect than what anime and manga adaptation does to Caeda who all but shits on her

But seriously speaking, Kanpeki bro is probably picked for his surprise popularity for cheesing GGC and being the only male.

Palla is picked because the other pegasus wield lance, so they picked her for the outlier because she have always been more popular than Caeda iirc

Also IIRC the line up is basically Awakening, Fates, + 1 from Archanea so it doesn't really feel all that weird. Hinoka should be cut because she's irrelevant as fuck

Edited by JSND

15 minutes ago, JSND said:

Also IIRC the line up is basically Awakening, Fates, + 1 from Archanea so it doesn't really feel all that weird. Hinoka should be cut because she's irrelevant as fuck

The lineup is 2 Mystery, 2 Awakening, 2 Birthright, 2 Conquest. 

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

The line-up is 7 Waifus and 1 moron*

I totally agree

23 minutes ago, JSND said:

As a unit she's pretty meh but I wouldn't say she's irrelevant 

Spoiler

Not to mention her thighs of justice

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I totally agree

As a unit she's pretty meh but I wouldn't say she's irrelevant 

Reveal hidden contents

Not to mention her thighs of justice

Her thigh is justice and honestly i like how she looks - largely because the Peg Knight clothing is one of few in Fates that didn't make me want to puke or something

But you can't get even more irrelevant than Hinoka. The dev team literally says she's a last minute addition that is simply there because "muh foils"

I won't mind pulling her either since Lancebreaker lol

Edited by JSND

1 hour ago, Lucıůs said:

I'm voting for Minerva.

Reveal hidden contents

Cherche's Minerva. Snack time~ ;):

Get out

Now I wish she came up with a different name, so people will stop using that cheesy line to taunt the babe Princess of Macedon!

Tough decision for this one. While I've never been a fan of pegs or wyvern riders, I'll probably end up backing TeamCherche simply because she's my best green unit in Heroes for me ( sitting at Lvl 40 as a 4* but I won't promote her because she's -ATK >< ).

39 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Kind of funny the pegasus have a male and the wyverns are all girls, when historically wyvern riders have been bother genders, and pegasus knights were exclusively girls (until Subaki).

Interestingly enough despite its supposed multi gender, Wyvern Rider is actually still largely a very female dominant class since they used to be the promoted form of Pegasus

In fact including repeated characters, and counting FE8 with only 1 male Wyvern, from FE1, FE3, FE4, FE5, FE6, FE7, FE8, FE13, and FE14 theres a grand total of 18 female wyvern riders(5 Archanean times 2, Altenna, Eda, Miledy, Vaida, Cherche, Camilla, Beruka, Scarlet)  and around 6 males(Dean, Heath, Cornag, Gerome, Percy, FE12 Michalis)

Not sure how lopsided it is after you add the named villain Wyvern since these actually tend to be males iirc

FE8 is the only game where Wyvern is males only if you didn't count Pegasus. Flying in general is just that tied to female characters

Oh yeah this also means that Subaki and Hinoka is literally the only pure Pegasus Rider in the gauntlet.

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Has the actual bracket been leaked somewhere, or are we still waiting to see who goes up against who?

They haven't posted anything on Twitter about the actual bracket.  So I don't think so, but I could be mistaken.

2 hours ago, Lucıůs said:

I'm voting for Minerva.

Reveal hidden contents

Cherche's Minerva. Snack time~ ;):

What a coincidence. I am too! :D

Spoiler

I'm glad we're both in agreement about which Minerva is the best one :P

I like Camilla most despite Beruka set as my picture right now, so I'll be picking her. Except for Palla and Subaki, everyone in this gauntlet is among my favorite characters. Meanwhile Lucina happened to be the only one I cared much for last time, so I ended up going with her. (I promise I'm not a tier whore)

18 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I like Camilla most despite Beruka set as my picture right now, so I'll be picking her. Except for Palla and Subaki, everyone in this gauntlet is among my favorite characters. Meanwhile Lucina happened to be the only one I cared much for last time, so I ended up going with her. (I promise I'm not a tier whore)

But Camilla has things covered, right? Yeah. She'll be happier if you go support her loyal retainer, right? Of course. And if you help Beruka, you'd kind of be helping Camilla in spirit, right? I mean, clearly. You know it's the right thing to do. Be awesome by supporting the amazing Camilla's dear retainer, Beruka. With her mother-like personality, she'd of course be happier with that result, right? Exactly. :^_^:

Anyone else need converting?

50 minutes ago, JSND said:

(Dean, Heath, Cornag, Gerome, Percy, FE12 Michalis)

...Zeiss exists.... and he's required for a sidequest to boot... meaning if you want the true ending, you have to recruit him.