Choose Your Legends Update

Ryu Yuki

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If only one of Philip or Joanna were 100% dragon blood and no one from outside the family had dragon blood, Charles II would be 13/64 = 20% dragon blood despite being 5 to 7 generations removed from Philip and Joanna.

If both Philip and Joanna were 100% dragon blood and no one from outside the family had dragon blood, Charles II would be exactly twice that or 13/32 = 41% dragon blood.

Are you counting each person once? Don't do that, Philip and Joanna are like 40 out of 64 of Charles' great-great-great-great-whatever grandparents.

The actual math is pretty cancerous, so I only ball-parked it.

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Are you counting each person once? Don't do that, Philip and Joanna are like 40 out of 64 of Charles' great-great-great-great-whatever grandparents.

The actual math is pretty cancerous, so I only ball-parked it.

For the first case, Philip of Castile or Joanna of Castile are 1 and 0. By generation:

Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor, and Isabella of Burgundy are all 1/2. Their spouses are all 0.

Phillip II of Spain, Maria of Spain, Maximillian II, Holy Roman Emperor, Charles II of Austria, Anne of Habsburg, and Christina of Denmark are all 1/4. Albert V, Duke of Bavaria, and Francis I, Duke of Lorraine are 0.

Anne of Austria is 1/4. Maria Anna of Bavaria, William V, Duke of Bavaria, and Renata of Lorraine, are all 1/8.

Philip III of Spain is 1/4. Margarita of Austria and Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor, are 3/16. Maria Anna of Bavaria is 1/8.

Philip IV of Spain and Maria Anna of Spain are 7/32. Ferdinand III, Holy Roman Emperor, is 5/32.

Manana of Austria is 3/16.

Charles II of Spain is 13/64.

In the case Philip of Castile and Joanna of Castile are both 1, all numbers are exactly doubled from the second generation onwards, resulting in Charles II of Spain with 13/32.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In the case Philip of Castile and Joanna of Castile are both 1, all numbers are exactly doubled from the second generation onwards, resulting in Charles II of Spain with 13/32.

I'm going to do both Philip and Joanna @ 100% = 1 dragon-blood.

Charles V, Ferdinana, Anna, and Isabella are all 1.

Philip II, Maria, Christina are 1/2, Maximilian, Charles II, Anne are 1.

Anne is 3/4, Maria Anna (1551-1608) is 1/2, William V is 1/2, Renata is 1/4.

Philip III is 5/8, Margarita is 7/8, Ferdinand II is 7/8, Maria Ana (1574-1616) is 3/8.

Philip IV and Maria Anna of Spain are 3/4, Ferdinand III is 5/8.

Manana of Austria is 11/16.

Charles is therefore [11/16 + 3/4]/2 which is 23/32. Hmm, only 72%, my ball-park sucked. (I thought Albert V was part of the family, but no, he wasn't.)

Edit: I'm retarded, you're right. Anna isn't part of the family, FML.

Charles V, Ferdinand and Isabella are 1, Isabella of Portugal, Anna, and Christian II are 0.

Philip II is 1/2, Maria is 1/2, Maximilian is 1/2, Charles II is 1/2, Anne is 1/2, Albert V is 0, Chrstina is 1/2, Francis I is 0, Albert V is 0.

Anne is 1/2, Maria is 1/4, William V is 1/4, Renata is 1/4.

Philip II is 1/2, Margarita is 3/8, Ferdinand II is 3/8, Maria (1474) is 1/4.

Philip IV is 7/16, Maria of Spain is 7/16, Ferdinand III is 5/16.

Manana is 3/8.

Charles is 13/32. Matching up with your calculations.

Do these scrubs even Crusader Kings?

Edited by DehNutCase

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Ok, so in other words, it's actually feasible for Roy to actually become a manakete should his mother be Ninian right guys?

tl;dr Alternate Roy could be a (what I assume would be Blue) Manakid

8 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Ok, so in other words, it's actually feasible for Roy to actually become a manakete should his mother be Ninian right guys?

Very likely. We've seen 1/4th manaketes transform, although in different worlds. Still, stories with bad writing or not (not that 1/4th manaketes transforming is "bad writing"), there is no indication that the opposite is more likely, no matter how much dragon blood one has.

23 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Very likely. We've seen 1/4th manaketes transform, although in different worlds. Still, stories with bad writing or not (not that 1/4th manaketes transforming is "bad writing"), there is no indication that the opposite is more likely, no matter how much dragon blood one has.

Non-Laguz dragons appear to pass down the ability to transform as either you can or you can't with no half-inheritance. In other words:

• A can-transform is always counted 1.
  • A can't-transform is always counted 0.
  • A child of 2 can-transforms is always 1.
  • A child of 2 can't-transforms is always 0.
  • A child of a can-transform and a can't-transform can be either 1 or 0, but never 1/2. This means there's no "carrier" status of a can-transform or a can't-transform allele.

Magic does weird things in light of modern science.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Non-Laguz dragons appear to pass down the ability to transform as either you can or you can't with no half-inheritance. In other words:

• A can-transform is always counted 1.
  • A can't-transform is always counted 0.
  • A child of 2 can-transforms is always 1.
  • A child of 2 can't-transforms is always 0.
  • A child of a can-transform and a can't-transform can be either 1 or 0, but never 1/2. This means there's no "carrier" status of a can-transform or a can't-transform allele.

Magic does weird things in light of modern science.

I didn't follow the conversation much since it didn't even involve FE characters or the FE worlds, not to mention the explanation is hard for me to understand (like the 1 and 0 stuff for one thing), but I don't think there's ever been any manaketes that have been implied that they couldn't transform, not even those of partial blood; just those that chose not to transform, or have had no proof against them being able to do so. Xane and Gotoh opted to toss away their dragonstones, if I'm correct, and Sophia has never been implied to be unable to transform herself.

8 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I didn't follow the conversation much since it didn't even involve FE characters or the FE worlds,

We determined Charles II of Spain has a lot of dragon blood in him. There is a high probability he can transform.

9 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

not to mention the explanation is hard for me to understand (like the 1 and 0 stuff for one thing),

1 is yes for both chromosomes, 0 is no for both chromosomes, 1/2 is yes for one chromosome and no for the other. Except that dragon transformation appears to be binary, so it has nothing to do with chromosomes.

11 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

but I don't think there's ever been any manaketes that have been implied that they couldn't transform, not even those of partial blood; just those that chose not to transform, or have had no proof against them being able to do so. Xane and Gotoh opted to toss away their dragonstones, if I'm correct, and Sophia has never been implied to be unable to transform herself.

This is all speculation anyways, partially based on how holy blood works in Jugdral, but without the mechanic of minor blood.

I'm really hoping that for Roy, they'll make the Binding Blade the OP weapon that it really is, with a Def/Res buff, a ranged counterattack, and effectiveness against dragons, wouldn't that be something? Though a Manakete Roy would be cool too.

Edited by King of Flames

6 minutes ago, King of Flames said:

I'm really hoping that for Roy, they'll make the Binding Blade the OP weapon that it really is, with a Def/Res buff, a ranged counterattack, and effectiveness against dragons, wouldn't that be something?

Eh, I'd limit it to built-in Distant Counter, since it had 1-2 range on it's game, similar to Siegfried and Raijinto. I wouldn't take it that far.

Edit: And maybe make it inheritable by the other Roy.

Edited by Zero1000

4 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Eh, I'd limit it to built-in Distant Counter, since it had 1-2 range on it's game, similar to Siegfried and Raijinto. I wouldn't take it that far.

Edit: And maybe make it inheritable by the other Roy.

Yeah your right, if Roy did get that kind of power, he'd reach Mega Rayquaza levels of broken, and I don't think anyone wants to go through that again.