World of Shadows Banner Trailer

StarOnyx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I like all the voices as well. Something about Clair's art bugs me though. Not sure what. And Lukas is looking as sexy as ever.

Definitely seconded xD I keep telling myself I don't need him... don't need him... nope...

I just know I'm going to pull for him -.-

This banner is really interesting. Want to get all of them... Alm of Faye in particuliar. So, I'm saving the orbs I have for them.

I really wonder about Alm's stats...

3 hours ago, bonewalker said:

Not liking the spoiled rich girl vibes coming from Clair's english voice and lines.

Also, why does Faye have a bow when shes the only villager in the game that CAN'T be an archer?

Hehe, well she is meant to be proper nobility, at least in Echoes.

Oh, I wondered why something seemed weird about Faye...

Erm, do we really need a thread for the next banner AND a thread for the trailer of the next banner?

Anyways, I thought 4 characters was a little low.  The last banner had 4 characters as well and there hasn't been much going on since then (besides the voting gauntlet).  And if they plan to release another SoV banner, I hope they do it midway through this one and not make me wait 2 banners to get a banner for another game.  I get advertising, but does I hope they don't turn heroes into "SoV Mobile Game" for the next few months while they release all the characters 4 at a time. 

Just speculation, hopefully they just go to another game after this banner and come back later.

alm is like my second favorite lord so i'm definitely gonna try to get him 

i love his voice too, the way he says "You can count on me!" sounds so great

his artwork's real nice too

rest of the characters look alright but i can't say I want any of them right now. i kinda like clair but i probably won't be trying to get her

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Hehe, well she is meant to be proper nobility, at least in Echoes.

Oh, I wondered why something seemed weird about Faye...

Yeah, she is nobility and all, but doesn't her Echoes profile mention her being 'cheery'? I just don't think her eng voice and lines fit that, could just be me though.

I think if they think there's a high enough appeal to a banner, it's 4 characters. Echoes is new and hipped, so 4 characters. Two pair of lords for less popular games are also highly expected, so 4 characters. But if it's random characters they don't think will appeal to that many people, they cram a lot more in the banner to cover their base so more people will be interested in the banner.

Edited by salinea

From what's presented in the trailer, Clair and Lukas have the best English voices out of the banner characters; Alm's status line and Faye's voice lines in general have very poor delivery.

Faye sounds allright to me shrug. TBH I'm more curious about the bow she was using, though. 

So is it just going to be these 4? No Celica or nothin'?

Edited by BANRYU

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Faye sounds allright to me shrug. TBH I'm more curious about the bow she was using, though. 

So is it just going to be these 4? No Celica or nothin'?

For now, it seems so. 

Celica's almost certain to get her own 4-person banner soon though. As for how soon, I'd say no later than a month but hopefully within the next two weeks.

Also concerning the bow:

Spoiler

It's called the Firesweep Bow (which also has a + version, so it can be inherited like Karel's Wo Dao).

Basically, it has a new unique ability to cancel counterattacks. If you fire at someone with this bow, they cannot counterattack (even if they're a ranged unit or a melee unit with Distant Counter). BUT you also lose your own ability to counterattack, so if an enemy ranged unit hits you on enemy phase, you can't hit them back.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

For now, it seems so. 

Celica's almost certain to get her own 4-person banner soon though. As for how soon, I'd say no later than a month but hopefully within the next two weeks.

Also concerning the bow:

Hide contents

It's called the Firesweep Bow (which also has a + version, so it can be inherited like Karel's Wo Dao).

Basically, it has a new unique ability to cancel counterattacks. If you fire at someone with this bow, they cannot counterattack (even if they're a ranged unit or a melee unit with Distant Counter). BUT you also lose your own ability to counterattack, so if an enemy ranged unit hits you on enemy phase, you can't hit them back.

Huh. Unfortunate. One can only hope, I suppose.

Oh shit that's cool. Kind of sounds like an attempt to implement like a Longbow-esque weapon or something. I dig it.

Huh, this is pretty cool. All of the art looks nice, but the Alm art's shading vaguely bothers me. Green lord is green. I wish we'd gotten Kozaki-style shading, since that saturation is a little too heavy for my tastes. Ah well. At least he didn't get ungodly Rebecca eyes or anything...

Voices are perfectly fine in my opinion, though Faye's...does seem a little phoned in, at least with her special activation quote. The delivery is pretty bad there. I would get it if she was meant to be lethargic in the vein of Setsuna or Haar or something, but yeesh. She's meant to be peppy and upbeat, right?

It is a nice little attention to detail that Alm got special left-handed animations and stuff...but is it just me, or is his map sprite lazily mirrored when he's an enemy, since he holds his sword in his right hand during the paralogue preview? Dammit, IS.

Excited to pull an Alm, and maybe a Faye, just to see what kind of sick uses I can put this bow to.

2 hours ago, Gustavos said:

...hm? You needn't noodle me.

Yo, Lukas is about to get noodled! Dying rn

I could be totally missing the point and this is a joke, but he said needle, not noodle. Ignore me if this is a joke.

Edited by Extrasolar

Just now, Blade_of_Light said:

Oh dear, I am supposed to save my orbs for Hector but…..Alm….oh the dilemma, the choices……ohhhh

If you were really desperate and really want Hector, then go for him. However, since there are no green focus units, it'll be hard to get good green units I believe so you could go to Alm and have better odds at getting him, but that's just me.

Spoiler

Lvl 40 Faye quote

"Oh! Well, it's you, isn't it, <player> My eyes light up every time I turn a corner around here, hoping that I'll see you-know-who. And, you know? You're not Alm, but you don't have to be. At least, not anymore. Funny how people can be so stuck on someone... that they don't see what's right there. I know you'd think I'm the last one to ever say something like that. But it's true. I have proof. See? I'm working on a good-luck charm for you. Thought of you with every stitch. Does it look good? Do you like it? I hope so. You mean a lot to me, so I really want it to be great!" 

Wow, she's 50% more likable with this quote than with her supports. lol

6 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:
  Hide contents

Lvl 40 Faye quote

"Oh! Well, it's you, isn't it, <player> My eyes light up every time I turn a corner around here, hoping that I'll see you-know-who. And, you know? You're not Alm, but you don't have to be. At least, not anymore. Funny how people can be so stuck on someone... that they don't see what's right there. I know you'd think I'm the last one to ever say something like that. But it's true. I have proof. See? I'm working on a good-luck charm for you. Thought of you with every stitch. Does it look good? Do you like it? I hope so. You mean a lot to me, so I really want it to be great!" 

Holy crap, someone at IS wrote this?!

8 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:
  Hide contents

Lvl 40 Faye quote

People already-you know what, I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

7 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:
  Hide contents

Lvl 40 Faye quote

Huh. Welp, time to focus on summoning Faye then. I honestly thought that her supports in Echoes would've led to that. Disappointed that it didn't though. Glad Heroes is fixing it slightly (though I think I'm still heartbroken that Faye's personality in Echoes is canon rather than Heroes).

Also here's hoping Faye is slow while having some pretty high Atk stats. Otherwise, that bow is rather useless. Is there a good archer that can make use of her bow?

10 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Also here's hoping Faye is slow while having some pretty high Atk stats. Otherwise, that bow is rather useless. Is there a good archer that can make use of her bow?

The slowest archer available in the game currently is Gordin (25 neutral Spd cap at 5*; all of the other available archers in the game outspeed him by at least 7 points assuming neutral Spd caps). His neutral Atk cap at 5* isn't bad at 31 (tied with Klein's and Virion's; 1 below Takumi's and Jeorge's).

Edited by Roflolxp54