Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

So I gotta ask...what's the story with the tomato? Because if it's supposed to make me want to support Leo, it's just making me want a BLT.

Leo is a huge fan of tomatoes, it's in his brief bio thing.  It's "Loves tomatoes the most" in the Japanese version and "Objectively loves tomatoes more than anyone else could" in the English version.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Namarid said:

I have 2k flags for Leo. If Leo does fall then I'll join Robin. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. I believe Leo does have a shot at beating Robin

Hey before talking about the future, let's try to spend your 2k to help Leo win first?

Plus now Leo likely will have the 3x multiplier soon and it will buff your rank pretty far :lol:

1 minute ago, Okigen said:

Hey before talking about the future, let's try to spend your 2k to help Leo win first?

Plus now Leo likely will have the 3x multiplier soon and it will buff your rank pretty far :lol:

I have been pretty conservative so far, spending 50 flags when we have the multiplier.  I will burn all of them if it looks like we'll might lose, failure is no option for Leo.

Should probably actually participate in this thread considering how long I've been lurking.

I'm actually impressed, Julia's been doing pretty well keeping up and making sure no one gets the multiplier. Better stay this way, I'm hoping for a last second multiplier to overwhelm Tharja. I might not be able to spend all of them, but I have 1400 flags stored and more on the way to burn in the name of the Empress of Grannvale!

Also to anyone on Team Julia, who should I have as my rep? I currently have a 5* +SPD/-HP Catria out with Threaten Def 3, Rally Attack, and +1 SPD seal and I've kept her on throughout the entire first round, but I have these to offer too:

5* +DEF/-SPD Julia - Base with Bowbreaker 3 and Iceberg instead of Dragon Fang w/ +1 ATK seal

4*+1 +SPD/-RES Cecilia - Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Dragon Gaze, Fury 2, Escape Route 3, Ward Cavalry

5* +ATK/-RES Reinhardt - Base except with New Moon instead of ____ Thunder  I don't have a lot of SP, okay?

Friend ID is 0453367742 and the name is Anys in case anyone wants to add me.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

Should probably actually participate in this thread considering how long I've been lurking.

I'm actually impressed, Julia's been doing pretty well keeping up and making sure no one gets the multiplier. Better stay this way, I'm hoping for a last second multiplier to overwhelm Tharja. I might not be able to spend all of them, but I have 1400 flags stored and more on the way to burn in the name of the Empress of Grannvale!

Also to anyone on Team Julia, who should I have as my rep? I currently have a 5* +SPD/-HP Catria out with Threaten Def 3, Rally Attack, and +1 SPD seal and I've kept her on throughout the entire first round, but I have these to offer too:

5* +DEF/-SPD Julia - Base with Bowbreaker 3 and Iceberg instead of Dragon Fang w/ +1 ATK seal

4*+1 +SPD/-RES Cecilia - Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Dragon Gaze, Fury 2, Escape Route 3, Ward Cavalry

5* +ATK/-RES Reinhardt - Base except with New Moon instead of ____ Thunder  I don't have a lot of SP, okay?

Friend ID is 0453367742 and the name is Anys in case anyone wants to add me.

Don't put out greens unless you're confident they're broken (Hector, Fury+Desperation Nino). Definitely don't put Julia.

Just now, The_antithesis said:

Julia Vs Tharja looks like a slam-dunk for Tharja (she needs 400 million more points to give Julia the multiplier) unless team Tharja overextends.

I wonder how ♌ Vs ? is going?

Spoiler

raMYoWF.png

16 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Leo is a huge fan of tomatoes, it's in his brief bio thing.  It's "Loves tomatoes the most" in the Japanese version and "Objectively loves tomatoes more than anyone else could" in the English version.

Gotcha, thank you! Still want a BLT now, though.

2 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Julia Vs Tharja looks like a slam-dunk for Tharja (she needs 400 million more points to give Julia the multiplier) unless team Tharja overextends.

I wonder how ♌ Vs ? is going?

There's 31 hours left, more than enough for another x3 to happen.

I wonder if I should use any feathers for this round -- I unfortunately missed the only x3 multiplier Robin is going to get -- or if I should simply wait to pour all my feathers into the final round. I'd like to maximize my flag gains, and I'm wondering if using 100 or so feathers would push me up into the next bracket for more flags. Currently, I'm sitting at 88,121 in the army without using any feathers. But using feathers on non-multiplier hours might limit how high I'll score in the cumulative rankings, as scoring well there also provides nice flag rewards. Using feathers on non-multiplier hours might push me out of the best brackets for the cumulative ranking, and the difference between the brackets there is 400 flags, while the difference in the low rankings for this round is only 200 flags. What do you guys think?

Since I'm on Robin's team, it only makes sense that I strategize how to maximize the utility of my flathers to gain the most feags. Tacticians ftw!

21 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Don't put out greens unless you're confident they're broken (Hector, Fury+Desperation Nino). Definitely don't put Julia.

Alright then, I might just continue to stick with Catira then. 

Also with that Julia v Tharja gap continuing to grow, I actually might start spending my flags. :/

Alright then, I might just continue to stick with Catira then. 

Also with that Julia v Tharja gap continuing to grow, I actually might start spending my flags. :/

I'd wait for it to grow even larger and then spend flags once we get the 3x multiplier.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'd wait for it to grow even larger and then spend flags once we get the 3x multiplier.

Yeah that would probably be better TBH...

I'm just really anxious. I've sided against the "guaranteed winner" all three times and I just really want to beat them one time. Hopefully we don't overdo it like last time

Yeah that would probably be better TBH...

I'm just really anxious. I've sided against the "guaranteed winner" all three times and I just really want to beat them one time. Hopefully we don't overdo it like last time

The first time I chose Lucina cause I love Lucina. I had no clue on the "obvious winner" at all. 

But when I chose Camilla, I didn't choose her again cause she's the "obvious winner". I won cause she ended up winning the coin toss. 

I'm choosing Robin because I like Robin. I don't think he'll be the winner, but he'll be something.

36 minutes ago, Allergic_to_Farming said:

This has probably already been talked about... But i am seriously in love with this comeback mechanic! No way Julia v. Tharja would be this close under the old system.

Please let Julia win, please let Julia win!

You realize if Juilia wins, then Robin will likely become an unstoppable force, right?

I've noticed that this has become a (really hype) brains vs brawn battle.

We all know that Tharja has more people, because she gains way more points during the time when scores are even.

However, Julia has people saving their flags, some from round 1, to give Julia a boost during the X3, leading to more points per player (heck, I have a higher cumulative rank than my rank in Julia's army)

Although Tharja probably has this in the bag due to sheer numbers, It's noticeable that Julia is able to make the comeback with this many strategists on the team.

In the previous voting gauntlets I would NEVER have expected something like this to happen, but it's here and it's HYPE!!

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I think Strategy Emblem fits better if you replace Takumi with another character that fits a tactician role. Takumi is good at shogi, but we haven't really seen him act as a tactician. 

Yeah takumi is a bit forced, but have you played conquest lunatic? The guy clearly knows what he's doing XD

45 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

it's just making me want a BLT.

27 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Gotcha, thank you! Still want a BLT now, though.

Sounds like a personal problem