Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Just now, HyperBowser said:

I just ran out of the flags I had but I can still get a 100 from using colourless units in the gauntlet and about 200 from the arena related ones.

Nah, I'm through with the quests as well. I desperately need them to hold another arena promotion or two, I'm down to two dueling crests.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Nah, I'm through with the quests as well. I desperately need them to hold another arena promotion or two, I'm down to two dueling crests.

I somehow still have 85 of those left and I'm not really hoarding them on purpose either (getting a deathless run in 1-3 tries usually might be a factor).

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder if we'll have another batch or Arena Quests soon.  I've still got a stock of crests, but they won't last forever.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I have 31 lol

#DeathlessRunsAreOverratedAnyway

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

News from the front!

Julia: 6,484.9 million
Tharja: 6,415.3 million

About equal right now, no one has the multiplier.

Keep up the good job team Julia!

Whoa, if this keeps up we might have a shot at winning this thing.

I'm stockpiling flags for the end. Gotta make sure we don't run out of steam.

Just now, Arcanite said:

I have 31 lol

#DeathlessRunsAreOverratedAnyway

That feeling when after winning a 686, 688, 690, and 684 there's a 680 point team that I lost to. I almost threw my phone at a wall in sorrow.
688 and 690 teams don't grow on trees, you know :(

So, without multipliers on either side, Tharja is able to catch up to reasonably catch up to a 300,000,000 lead in an hour. The x3 system, though making things closer and less overwhelming, just delays the inevitable.

Edited by Frenzify

Legitimately surprised that I've witnessed Team Julia take the lead not once, but twice vs. Team Tharja. Got in some triple score sessions to boot, so my overall score will be pleased.

Team Julia would need to have a bonus closer to the ending hours of the round, so that Team Tharja won't have a chance to respond; and the higher the scores get, the more difficult it will be to bridge the gap.

Edited by Frenzify

2 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

So, without multipliers on either side, Tharja is able to catch up to reasonably catch up to a 300,000,000 lead in an hour. The x3 system, though making things closer and less overwhelming, just delays the inevitable.

Yeah, all the multiplier mechanic is really doing is preventing any blowouts. The team with the bigger following in any given match is never in legitimate danger of losing even if it seems that they are at times. Honestly, I don't like that this mechanic makes artificially close contests out of matches that otherwise would've been no contests. At the very least, you can't convince that without the multiplier the Archanean mages both would not have gotten crushed.

For people on Team Leo who have Takumi as lead, it might be a good idea to switch out for someone else.  Robins are everywhere, and the pineapple can't do much against him.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For people on Team Leo who have Takumi as lead, it might be a good idea to switch out for someone else.  Robins are everywhere, and the pineapple can't do much against him.

Yeah, I've been fighting a lot of Triangle Adept Robins, oftentimes with multiple colorless/Reds as my team, and have pretty much been forced to surrender due to them a lot.  

Edited by Glaceon Mage

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

"Robins are flying everywhere"

I just bring Nino and win XD

#FriendMeIfYouWantToTasteThePowerOfTheCinnamonRoll

Your Nino has won like everything for me.  She slays even reds on the map

Well, we shouldn't despair if things go wrong. There seem to be enough fans for all eight candidates where Nintendo will eventually put them in. 

But I repeat President Bush in saying that "if (Tharja/Julia/Leo/Robin) doesn't succeed, there is a risk of failure."

45 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'm down to zero

If we don't get a crest tomorrow, I won't even be able to finish all the flag quests (without spending orbs on crests) ;___;

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah, I've been fighting a lot of Triangle Adept Robins, oftentimes with multiple colorless/Reds as my team, and have pretty much been forced to surrender due to them a lot.  

Yeah, I had Leo, Takumi, and some random Marth against 3 Robins.  It didn't end well.

I'll save my few remaining Lights Blessings for if we have the bonus.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

"Robins are flying everywhere"

I just bring Nino and win XD

#FriendMeIfYouWantToTasteThePowerOfTheCinnamonRoll

Yeah, I'm doing the same with my adorable cinnamon roll of death who tangentially just maxed her merits.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm down to zero

If we don't get a crest tomorrow, I won't even be able to finish all the flag quests (without spending orbs on crests) ;___;

I don't think we will. We don't get crests on Mondays, only Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I don't think we will. We don't get crests on Mondays, only Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Welp.

I hope our goddess Julia appreciates the offering of orbs I'm about to dedicate to her cause.

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm down to zero

You can spend Platinum Points, even generic Plat Points, on the crests. Have to get on the My Nintendo site though.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy