Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Mark... who could be Robin in a past life or actually Robin himself based on what Lyn said in Smash Brethren 3, or possibly Morgan since the japanese name for Morgan is also Marc, albeit named with a "c" strangely enough.

More importantly, have you ever met a girl named Marc?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Mark... who could be Robin in a past life or actually Robin himself based on what Lyn said in Smash Brethren 3, or possibly Morgan since the japanese name for Morgan is also Marc, albeit named with a "c" strangely enough.

I was inordinately pleased when Lyn said she recognized Robin as looking like Marc in the DLC for Awakening. I'll have to go look up what was added in smash to that.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

That'll be strange. I mean, my name is Marc, and the female counterpart is Marie/Mary.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Pegasus Abridged: I have.

*kicks Pegasus out* Wrong franchise!

And I think that's why the name was changed to Morgan.

3 minutes ago, immatx said:

Mark, famed genius. 

Edit: ninjaed by @omegaxis1

Yup. XD

1 minute ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

I was inordinately pleased when Lyn said she recognized Robin as looking like Marc in the DLC for Awakening. I'll have to go look up what was added in smash to that.

Actually wrote a one shot fic on a theory. Wanna read it?

1 minute ago, Ledrert said:

That'll be strange. I mean, my name is Marc, and the female counterpart is Marie/Mary.

Well, that's their name in Japan. I think Morgan works better as an either/or name. Maybe it's a Japan thing; maybe it makes sense there.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Well, that's their name in Japan. I think Morgan works better as an either/or name. Maybe it's a Japan thing; maybe it makes sense there.

Yeah, Japan is somehow strange with names. I mean... for example, the name of characters of X/Y in Pokemon, in Japan, is the french names of vegetables. Absurd XD

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Enjoy it while you can.

My score will certainly enjoy it at least. And just to make this clear, I went into this gauntlet knowing Leo would lose to Robin if he didn't lose to Henry. I know well that the multiplier only serves to delay the inevitable.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

My score will certainly enjoy it at least. And just to make this clear, I went into this gauntlet knowing Leo would lose to Robin if he didn't lose to Henry. I know well that the multiplier only serves to delay the inevitable.

The top Robin scores are surprisingly high for us to not have had much multiplier.

But Leo did overtake Robin a few times, but only once was Robin weaker. But now it makes sense. If there needs to be a 10% higher votes on one to the other, then it explains why the multiplier is less effective the longer things go on, because by then, the gap will be extremely wide.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

You realize if Juilia wins, then Robin will likely become an unstoppable force, right?

I do... And to be honest, i'd be okay with him taking this one!

I consider Robin to be over-rated as a character, but still leagues above Tharja in quality. Not only that, we'd break the chain of mainstream waifus winning! 

Just now, Allergic_to_Farming said:

I do... And to be honest, i'd be okay with him taking this one!

I consider Robin to be over-rated as a character, but still leagues above Tharja in quality. Not only that, we'd break the chain of mainstream waifus winning! 

True about the last part regarding waifu, though for the record, I chose Lucina cause I love her character and story, not cause she's a waifu. XP

And again, Julia and Robin facing each other is ironically Grima vs Naga. XD

Argh, I missed the only 2 (or just one?) x3 multiplier on Tharja and now I don't think we will get one again. Sitting at 2200 flags waiting to spend them on a multiplier, but no dice ;_;

That's what I get for going for the character I like instead of faking being a fan of the underdog but secretly playing just for the feather optimization :P:

21 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But Leo did overtake Robin a few times, but only once was Robin weaker. But now it makes sense. If there needs to be a 10% higher votes on one to the other, then it explains why the multiplier is less effective the longer things go on, because by then, the gap will be extremely wide.

it doesnt help that i spent most of my flags on the last bonus Leo had and i am out of flags to spend sooo :/ Flag quests can only be done so many times until you run out of them

1 minute ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

I would never shamelessly admit to wanting to read it. At least in public.

Hide contents

Yes, absolutely!

LOL XD Okay then. And this goes to everyone too, if you wanna check it out.

Spoiler

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12418475/1/Just-Once-More

Please leave a review on what you think at the bottom of the page. :D

Honestly, I want Julia and Robin to face off against each other because of the banners and the fact that they're each other's implied counterparts for this gauntlet. They are very similiar to one another, and if Robin, then Leo had lost, I'd have joined Julia for the finals if she had made it that far.

I mean, even going on the gauntlet notes on the notification board in the home menu you can see them straight up call the gauntlet a popularity contest. :p

Edited by Frenzify

47 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Japan is admittedly not particularly good with Western names, as evidenced by the spellings of "Eliwod" and "Rebacca" and the fact that Cecilia's name has been spelled both "Cecilia" (Characters and Museum) and "Secilia" (Radiant Dawn).

45 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Yeah, Japan is somehow strange with names. I mean... for example, the name of characters of X/Y in Pokemon, in Japan, is the french names of vegetables. Absurd XD

Pokémon's gym leaders are usually named for plants in various languages, typically flowering plants.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, Leo could not overtake Robin with the bonus.

Damn, I missed the multiplyer again >_< Yeah, Leo has lost.

I think I'll be too depressed to play round 3 XD