Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

12 minutes ago, Folt said:

Honestly, I want Julia and Robin to face off against each other because of the banners and the fact that they're each other's implied counterparts for this gauntlet. They are very similiar to one another, and if Robin, then Leo had lost, I'd have joined Julia for the finals if she had made it that far.

Its precisely why I want Julia and Robin to face off. 

It'd be Naga vs Grima right there.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, Leo could not overtake Robin with the bonus.

Nope and with that being said, unless there are multiple bonuses right in a row, I don't believe he will make it to the next round.  BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I SURE AS HECK AM NOT GOING TO TRY I STILL HAVE 2,000 FLAGS FOR LEO READY TO GO!!!  WE CAN DO THIS!!! LEO IS OUR HERO AND WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!!! WHO IS WITH MEEE!?

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Damn, I missed the multiplyer again >_< Yeah, Leo has lost.

I think I'll be too depressed to play round 3 XD

I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope Julia accomplishes what Leo couldn't.

If she doesn't, well, I'd be miserable about having to help a character I hate in a gauntlet about my favorite class.

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Nope and with that being said, unless there are multiple bonuses right in a row, I don't believe he will make it to the next round.  BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I SURE AS HECK AM NOT GOING TO TRY I STILL HAVE 2,000 FLAGS FOR LEO READY TO GO!!!  WE CAN DO THIS!!! LEO IS OUR HERO AND WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!!! WHO IS WITH MEEE!?

I have 1015 flags ready.  I refuse to use them for a Gary Stu, so I shall try...

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

If she doesn't, well, I'd be miserable about having to help a character I hate in a gauntlet about my favorite class.

I have 1015 flags ready.  I refuse to use them for a Gary Stu, so I shall try...

Hey! Robin is not a Gary Stu! XP

I'm going to currently save my flags for the multiplier, if it's late tomorrow and I still have some, I will just throw them all in!

I already feel like I'm falling into depression when I think about him losing.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

idk what defines "Gary Stu" but the characters do kinda say "Wow Robin! You are such a genius" every few minutes and there's not really any moments of "robin you shouldn't have done that thing"

i'd say he kinda is 

but I guess that's getting off topic

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

In my eyes, all the "avatar" characters are bland, overly-worshipped wish fulfillment.

I hate all of them to some degree, though Kris/Robin/especially Corrin get most of my ire.  

4 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I'm going to currently save my flags for the multiplier, if it's late tomorrow and I still have some, I will just throw them all in!

Same.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

2 hours ago, Jeheza said:

No matter what you will be, We will welcome you in Tharja's Army with open arms  :)

Tharja 6,974,892,776

Julia 6,693,035,670

Wow :0 ...Julia's not doing too bad actually! Mad respect. 

2 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

beautiful 8')

Hide contents

lol, Stahl too chill for his own good..y'know, now that i think about it, i guess you could say the people that she doesn't have supports with are the ones that she managed to drive off. still am agreed it's unrealistic at the least that people, even if they come back, just seem totally unfazed by the shit-slinging she aims at them. i mean i guess that's just their personality, -big shrug-. yeah, hubby and Noire is where we start to disagree, as i still think she's abusive even if the intent isn't necessarily there.

Yeah my interpretation with that is that her intentions are ultimately good but her methods are more questionable.... but.... I suppose it's not out of the question for even good intent to still bring about abuse? So I suppose that's fair. (don't think it's as bad as most people make it out to be though; she's not a monster, she's not like say.... FE7 Sonia)

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Why do people keep calling flags feathers?

Genuine question, here, I'm seeing it a lot.

Speaking as someone who's also done that.... I honestly have no idea lmao. My best guess is that feathers is the resource we're used to dealing in and that we get wires crossed somewhere in the thought process. Strange how common it is though.

1 minute ago, unique said:

idk what defines "Gary Stu" but the characters do kinda say "Wow Robin! You are such a genius" every few minutes and there's not really any moments of "robin you shouldn't have done that thing"

i'd say he kinda is 

In my eyes, all the "avatar" characters are bland, overly-worshipped wish fulfillment.

I hate all of them to some degree.  

Better than Ephraim, at least, who gets away with his Gary Stu powers in the entire plot. XP

4 minutes ago, unique said:

i'd say he kinda is 

To go along with this...

Scenario: Character burns the enemy army/navy alive using fire

RD Micaiah: It's treated as some sort of moral event horizon, and the DB questions Micaiah's tactics.

Awakening Robin: It's treated as a great tactical decision.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I hate all of them to some degree, though Kris/Robin/especially Corrin get most of my ire.  

ummmm

idk if that was a typo but that's all of them

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Better than Ephraim, at least, who gets away with his Gary Stu powers in the entire plot. XP

i only played fe8 once but while I remember ephraim being pretty bad, i thought robin was kinda worse since no one ever really says anything bad about him and chrom is kinda willing to let the world die in 1000 years to keep him alive without being the slightest bit suspicious that robin might murder him

robin's gary stu powers also carry through the entire plot, really

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To go along with this...

RD Micaiah: It's treated as some sort of moral event horizon, and the DB questions Micaiah's tactics.

Irony, huh?

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I would say, "Hence why Mark is best avatar," but female Robin's default silver twin tails are just too hard to ignore.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To go along with this...

Let's look at another way.

Path of Radiance: Micaiah was stopping the obvious GOOD guys by doing this because they had no choice on the matter.

Awakening: Robin was stopping the obvious BAD guys from invading their homeland.

Get the difference?

2 minutes ago, unique said:

i only played fe8 once but while I remember ephraim being pretty bad, i thought robin was kinda worse since no one ever really says anything bad about him and chrom is kinda willing to let the world die in 1000 years to keep him alive without being the slightest bit suspicious that robin might murder him

Not really. Think about it, for Ephraim, he picked a fight with an entire army with a handful of soldiers and kept winning, escaped the more hopeless and seemingly impossible situations easily, and it required a LITERAL PLOT DEVICE to stop him. Not the same case with Robin as Robin's plans HAVE failed at times and he has had regrets and times insecurity problems. 

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Even Ephraim gets called out on his recklessness, and charging headlong into things bites him in the ass on his route the same way his sister's naivete bites hers on her route (the Renais stone thing happens on his route because Ephraim got emotional and charged at Lyon without thinking).  

Basically everything Robin does is treated as perfect.  Everyone sans Frederick trusts them instantly, despite being a so-called amnesiac who just happens to know Chrom's name and dress in Grimleal clothing.  And they do everything they try well.

1 minute ago, unique said:

ummmm

idk if that was a typo but that's all of them

I was counting Mark/Kiran, the main reason they draw less of my ire is they're NPCs who never speak, and in Mark's case can be turned off (though I never do that because I want the Lyn mode EXP and Afa's drops).

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would say, "Hence why Mark is best avatar," but female Robin's default silver twin tails are just too hard to ignore.

Tbh Mark gets a lot of the worshipping too, since a good chunk of the lines addressing him seem to be for that purpose after the first few chapters of Lyn mode.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Even Ephraim gets called out on his recklessness, and charging headlong into things bites him in the ass on his route the same way his sister's naivete bites hers on her route (the Renais stone thing happens on his route because Ephraim got emotional and charged at Lyon without thinking).  

Basically everything Robin does is treated as perfect.  Everyone sans Frederick trusts them instantly, despite being a so-called amnesiac who just happens to know Chrom's name and dress in Grimleal clothing.  And they do everything they try well

And exactly HOW was Ephraim stopped? Please remind me. Was it not with the magical stone? A powerful plot device? Indeed, a plot device that was used for the sole purpose of STOPPING Ephraim. And that only happened because Eirika gave Lyon the stone. Ephraim wouldn't have been stopped otherwise. 

And like I mentioned above, Robin has had his failures and issues, like how he failed to save Emmeryn. Plus we see more times of Robin being insecure than Ephraim. Hell, most of the time, Ephraim is just praised for being this perfect warrior that never loses a fight. 

"I don't pick fights I can't win." Another way of saying, "Bitch, I'll win cause I'm Ephraim." 

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To go along with this...

I'm pretty sure it was mostly the Apostle's Army who took issue with Micaiah's little stunt and not so much Daein. I think Sothe and/or Tauroneo said something to the effect of "you used to hate plans like this above all else" to Micaiah before it happened but I don't remember anyone on Daein's side actually calling Micaiah out for her plan. Though yeah, no one in Awakening called Robin out for what happened at the end of Chapter 14.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm pretty sure it was mostly the Apostle's Army who took issue with Micaiah's little stunt and not so much Daein. I think Sothe and/or Tauroneo said something to the effect of "you used to hate plans like this above all else" to Micaiah before it happened but I don't remember anyone on Daein's side actually calling Micaiah out for her plan. Though yeah, no one in Awakening called Robin out for what happened at the end of Chapter 14.

Why would they? Remember that in Micaiah's case, she was threatened to attack the GOOD guys. Robin was helping the good guys stop the BAD guys. There's a huge difference here because of the perspective in Radiant Dawn was shown for both sides, whereas the perspective for Awakening wasn't shown. How would you see the other perspective here when you don't switch story sides like in Radiant Dawn?

13 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I was counting Mark/Kiran, the main reason they draw less of my ire is they're NPCs who never speak, and in Mark's case can be turned off (though I never do that because I want the Lyn mode EXP and Afa's drops).

Tbh Mark gets a lot of the worshipping too, since a good chunk of the lines addressing him seem to be for that purpose after the first few chapters of Lyn mode.

i feel like with mark it's less to praise the player and more just to make you feel like part of the story

like the characters talk to you and they're friendly but it doesn't really get to the point of "wow you, the player, are so great"

but the characters do all say that they trust you

which they should, since you're their tactician. if they didn't, there wouldn't be much reason for them to be listening to you. it's mainly lyn who really says actually nice things about you, and it's thanks to you that they've made it that far, so it makes enough sense in context.

and after lyn mode the characters hardly acknowledge you aside from characters sometimes saying things when you join so I think it's fine.

i don't really like the inclusion myself and I do prefer how things go without mark, but I never found it really bad, just a bit unnecessary. i definitely wouldn't call it "worshipping"

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Why would they? Remember that in Micaiah's case, she was threatened to attack the GOOD guys. Robin was helping the good guys stop the BAD guys. There's a huge difference here because of the perspective in Radiant Dawn was shown for both sides, whereas the perspective for Awakening wasn't shown. How would you see the other perspective here when you don't switch story sides like in Radiant Dawn?

yeah whether they're "good" or "bad" guys I feel like there should be a little acknowledgement of the fact that hundreds of people probably died

instead all you get is "Only you could hatch such a brilliant scheme, Robin."

Edited by unique