Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Slightly jealous of that horse emblem team.

(Strategy emblem)

Still waiting on Camus's GHB for a Blue, I've got a 4* lv 40 Ursula, though she's not totally SI'd yet.

Neither is Eldigan, for that matter, I'm considering dumping my only remaining Gunter on him, or one of my two Eliwoods, though I did dump a MRobin (Bonfire) and Arthur (Swap) on him already.  Leo and Cecilia don't have Blade tomes either, though they have Fortify Cavs (Leo) and Hone Cavs (Cecilia), and Cecilia has Draw back for helping Leo kite people.  

10 and GREAT WALL had nothing on IMMA FIRIN MY LAZOR finale of Conquest

The ONLY reason Takumi isn't being remembered as THE GREATEST TACTICIAN OF ALL TIME after his stint at Conquest finale is because, like everything in Fire Emblem, Takumi is vulnerable the strongest force in the series that dictates everything to lose against them

Staff.

Edited by JSND

Just saying, it doesn't really matter whether Julia get's the x3 bonus at this point. With the bonus she will only be able to put the scores to "Same" state, and then Tharja pulls ahead again.

As the scores both increase, a bigger "Same" state buffer will be the case as well. When the scores are around 10 billion or more, I imagine even 1 billion point difference will be considered as "Same". So basically, as time goes it will be harder and harder for Julia to keep up :P

I'm pretty sure only Robin has a chance at beating Tharja.

6 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

I've noticed that this has become a (really hype) brains vs brawn battle.

We all know that Tharja has more people, because she gains way more points during the time when scores are even.

However, Julia has people saving their flags, some from round 1, to give Julia a boost during the X3, leading to more points per player (heck, I have a higher cumulative rank than my rank in Julia's army)

Although Tharja probably has this in the bag due to sheer numbers, It's noticeable that Julia is able to make the comeback with this many strategists on the team.

In the previous voting gauntlets I would NEVER have expected something like this to happen, but it's here and it's HYPE!!

This multiplier system is a genius move on their part, indeed. It genuinely DOES give the characters that would normally lose a real chance to turn things around. Or at least delay the inevitable. 

4 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Yeah takumi is a bit forced, but have you played conquest lunatic? The guy clearly knows what he's doing XD

Yes, when he's our enemy and wants us dead, deader than dead, like dead in the doorstep of someone at a funeral home.

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

Still waiting on Camus's GHB for a Blue, I've got a 4* lv 40 Ursula, though she's not totally SI'd yet.

Neither is Eldigan, for that matter, I'm considering dumping my only remaining Gunter on him, or one of my two Eliwoods, though I did dump a MRobin (Bonfire) and Arthur (Swap) on him already.  Leo and Cecilia don't have Blade tomes either, though they have Fortify Cavs (Leo) and Hone Cavs (Cecilia), and Cecilia has Draw back for helping Leo kite people.  

REALLY want the original Camus archetype back. 

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

The ONLY reason Takumi isn't being remembered as THE GREATEST TACTICIAN OF ALL TIME after his stint at Conquest finale is because, like everything in Fire Emblem, Takumi is vulnerable the strongest force in the series that dictates everything to lose against them

The jury's out on Takumi being the greatest tactician of all time. That title still belongs to Robin. XP

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You realize if Juilia wins, then Robin will likely become an unstoppable force, right?

To be honest, I think a majority of us prefer Robin winning over Tharja winning. At least, I do, so I wouldn't mind, I just want Julia to beat Tharja and go to the finals.

Kind of like how during Chrom v Ephraim, most of the people on team Ephraim didn't care about winning finals and just wanted to beat Chrom.

Also thank god that one Japanese friend I have has a Ninian out. Dancing made so many difficult matches a cakewalk, makes me so excited for the day when my Olivia is finally trained up.

Edited by SageOfAnys

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The jury's out on Takumi being the greatest tactician of all time. That title still belongs to Robin. XP

I mean their current record is performing admirably at their job before they inevitably lose to the exact same Staff

Clearly this means Leif is the greatest strategist in all of Fire Emblem, since he had an entire game for himself learning the intricaties of Staff Emblem before assisting Seliph as the ultimate Staff User

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

How long until Leo is considered at a disadvantage? We've been steadily increasing our lead now. Also, who thinks the portraits should change to the special portrait for the advantage?

I believe the leading team needs to have 10% more points than the losing team for the multiplier to come into play for the losing team. It's something like that at least, correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

To be honest, I think a majority of us prefer Robin winning over Tharja winning. At least, I do, so I wouldn't mind, I just want Julia to beat Tharja and go to the finals.

Kind of like how during Chrom v Ephraim, most of the people on team Ephraim didn't care about winning finals and just wanted to beat Chrom.

Also thank god that one Japanese friend I have has a Ninian out. Dancing made so many difficult matches a cakewalk, makes me so excited for the day when my Olivia is finally trained up.

Chrom vs Ehraim was EPIC! I was with Lucina there, but I heard how amazing it was. And that was BEFORE the multiplier. Now the multiplier makes the matches resemble Chrom and Ephraim's. 

3 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Well, I hope Julia wins too, so best of luck. Not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

I mean their current record is performing admirably at their job before they inevitably lose to the exact same Staff

Clearly this means Leif is the greatest strategist in all of Fire Emblem, since he had an entire game for himself learning the intrication of Staff Emblem before assisting Seliph as the ultimate Staff User

Do you have a Staff infection?

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I believe the leading team needs to have 10% more points than the losing team for the multiplier to come into play for the losing team. It's something like that at least, correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

I just hope it doesn't keep repeating the trend of bonus: get ahead, then have Robin whittle down his support and taking the lead then repeat.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Well, I hope Julia wins too, so best of luck. Not going to happen.

Do you have a Staff infection?

I just hope it doesn't keep repeating the trend of bonus: get ahead, then have Robin whittle down his support and taking the lead then repeat.

Hey, don't ruin the dream man. I can hope. Just like how I hoped Ephraim could beat Lucina

Also have you not experienced the glory of staffs? Staffs are love, staffs are life.     Also nice pun.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Chrom vs Ehraim was EPIC! I was with Lucina there, but I heard how amazing it was. And that was BEFORE the multiplier. Now the multiplier makes the matches resemble Chrom and Ephraim's. 

What made Chrom vs Ephraim great was mainly all the fan art that popped up during it. Sadly, don't remember seeing hardly anything for the last guantlet, nor for this one so far. Maybe I'm just missing it all this time..

I guess part of it was also it was the first guantlet, too. :(

Edited by Alkaid

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Staves are everything!

Healer Gauntlet when

Just now, SageOfAnys said:

Hey, don't ruin the dream man. I can hope. Just like how I hoped Ephraim could beat Lucina

Also have you not experienced the glory of staffs? Staffs are love, staffs are life.     Also nice pun.

Seriously though, what's with the staff talk?

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

What made Chrom vs Ephraim great was mainly all the fan art that popped up during it. Sadly, don't remember seeing hardly anything for the last guantlet, nor for this one so far. Maybe I'm just missing it all this time..

I guess part of it was also it was the first guantlet, too. :(

The fanart DID make it epic. I wanna see Robin fanart against Merric and Leo. Probably was playing chess against them.

Also, if Julia does win, then Robin and Julia will have a strange conversation. I mean, Julia is a blood descendent of Heim, who carried Naga's blood, and Robin is Grima's blood relation. 

Julia: *sobs* My brother was possessed by a demon. 

Robin: *holds her shoulder gently* I understand. I was possessed by a demon too. Well, in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Seriously though, what's with the staff talk?

If your seriously asking its a joke based on the idea that Takumi would have been the most ridiculous enemy in a chapter that is legitimately one of the toughest in the series if not for the fact that he got shitstomped extremely hard by Rescue Staff. 

LIke the only chapter that i'd put on the same level as Takumi is Chapter 2 of Awakening and Chapter 1 or 3 of Shadow Dragon, but they are hard for the wrong reason.

Edited by JSND

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

If your seriously asking its a joke based on the idea that Takumi would have been the most ridiculous enemy in a chapter that is legitimately one of the toughest in the series if not for the fact that he got shitstomped extremely hard by Rescue Staff. 

LIke the only chapter that i'd put on the same level as Takumi is Chapter 2 of Awakening and Chapter 1 or 3 of Shadow Dragon, but they are hard for the wrong reason.

LMAO XD Oh yeah, Rescue Skipping.

24 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Sounds like a personal problem

Well that's just harsh.

17 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Lies!!! It belongs to the avatar from FE7!!! Unnamed green sprite for life!

All this talk about Tacomeat reminds me of how much I hated  him in Conquest. Heroes did a very good job in changing my view about him ?

Edited by Okigen

Just now, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Mark... who could be Robin in a past life or actually Robin himself based on what Lyn said in Smash Brethren 3, or possibly Morgan since the japanese name for Morgan is also Marc, albeit named with a "c" strangely enough.

3 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Mark, famed genius. 

Edit: ninjaed by @omegaxis1

Edited by immatx