Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

You are too stuck on that "popularity contest" thing. It's not called that way. It's clash of two fandoms over their character supremacy where both numbers and strategy matter. Sometimes stronger army win by zerg rush other time they loose to cunning ambush. 

Gauntlet is much more entertaining then popularity contest would be. So rather than bashing system you should do your best for character you like.

"Which of these eight mages will prove most popular?" That is literally word for word from the in-game notification for this gauntlet. I don't think they would word it like that if the entire concept of the voting gauntlet wasn't intended to be a popularity contest, but that's just me.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I dunno about you, but this tension is exciting. XD

Oh god I hope not! I would hate if I had to miss it cause I was asleep! DX

... Actually, I only got the multiplier in the last night early morning is by chance of waking up early. I just decided to check it out and BAM, multiplier right there. 

Yeah, same thing here. There was a multiplier during the 7:00-8:00 am hour, and I checked my phone on an impulse right after I woke up at 7:45.

13 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

You are too stuck on that "popularity contest" thing. It's not called that way. It's clash of two fandoms over their character supremacy where both numbers and strategy matter. Sometimes stronger army win by zerg rush other time they loose to cunning ambush. 

Gauntlet is much more entertaining then popularity contest would be. So rather than bashing system you should do your best for character you like.

The idea that there is strategy involved in the voting gauntlet is laughable.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

"Which of these eight mages will prove most popular?" That is literally word for word from the in-game notification for this gauntlet. I don't think they would word it like that if the entire concept of the voting gauntlet wasn't intended to be a popularity contest, but that's just me.

Fair enough. IS really should change their wording to not mislead people....

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, the voting gauntlet can't really be a popularity contest anymore since ballot-stuffing is a thing on both sides thanks to the 3x multiplier and with feathers being the bribe.

Just now, Tenzen12 said:

Fair enough. IS really should change their wording to not mislead people....

It's not just that. The in-game explanation of the voting gauntlet they have also has this: "Which Hero is the most popular?" Along with that is this: "The most popular Hero will be decided over three rounds, each lasting 45 hours." The fact that they repeat the term "most popular" makes it very hard for me at least to think that they intended for the voting gauntlet to be anything other than just a straight-up popularity contest.

I'm honestly super surprised. I kind of expected Robin to fall under Tharja and hover there the entire time, but it looks as though they're staying neck and neck. (I'll be beyond happy if Robin manages to come out on top!)

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm honestly super surprised. I kind of expected Robin to fall under Tharja and hover there the entire time, but it looks as though they're staying neck and neck. (I'll be beyond happy if Robin manages to come out on top!)

Indeed, Saint Elimine~
I always wanted to see Robin win, even though he's less popular than Tharja, he's still that popular. Now it seems like tip the scales! moments are very possible. I hope the future Voting Gauntlet stays this way. Neck to Neck battles are amazing :)

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It's not just that. The in-game explanation of the voting gauntlet they have also has this: "Which Hero is the most popular?" Along with that is this: "The most popular Hero will be decided over three rounds, each lasting 45 hours." The fact that they repeat the term "most popular" makes it very hard for me at least to think that they intended for the voting gauntlet to be anything other than just a straight-up popularity contest.

Well. It is like that since the past months. I assume you have a better wording for it? It'd be better than just a complaint :P

Edited by Lyrai

This has been engaging regardless.

I want Robin to pull out, I'd like the most popular/predicted winner to not win this time, nothing against Tharja, I don't mind her, but yea, I want Robin to win this time, since I do like him too.

A total stomp is never fun and makes things pretty boring. I barely participated in the 2nd gauntlet cause of that, so.

2 minutes ago, Sophie said:

This has been engaging regardless.

I want Robin to pull out, I'd like the most popular/predicted winner to not win this time, nothing against Tharja, I don't mind her, but yea, I want Robin to win this time, since I do like him too.

A total stomp is never fun and makes things pretty boring. I barely participated in the 2nd gauntlet cause of that, so.

I understand wanting better, more even match-ups, but I don't get wanting the hero with less support to win. It that's what you want, why not just make it a lottery where everyone picks their heroes and the winners are chosen randomly?

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

And yet they added the multiplyer. I think that it's clear that they want there to be an actual competition, regardless of their wording of the event. If you want a straight popularity contest, look at the CYL poll.

1 minute ago, Beddlam said:

I understand wanting better, more even match-ups, but I don't get wanting the hero with less support to win. It that's what you want, why not just make it a lottery where everyone picks their heroes and the winners are chosen randomly?

Because summoning already exists 

Just now, NekoKnight said:

And yet they added the multiplyer. I think that it's clear that they want there to be an actual competition, regardless of their wording of the event. If you want a straight popularity contest, look at the CYL poll.

Even then it's not exactly a completely reliable source. Ballots are typically supposed to be one vote per person. It's better than nothing, but not the end all predictor. Just ask Chrom.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Even then it's not exactly a completely reliable source. Ballots are typically supposed to be one vote per person. It's better than nothing, but not the end all predictor. Just ask Chrom.

Also, let's not forget this is the first time they're doing this. Maybe depending on how things go, they'll work on things to help things be more fair.

lol whoops I fell accidentally asleep for a few hours haha ;; 

Hmm, Robin was ahead for a while there, huh...? But yall can't even keep a lead long enough to give US the 3x multiplier... fufufu... C'mon now, Team Rob. If y'all won't put up a better fight... how am I supposed to show you what we can really do...? *w*

2 hours ago, Taxon said:

Oh come on now, I was just making a joke out of the situation. Let's keep it civil over here, yeah? No need to start baitin' me :P

If I was actually salty I'd be saying far worse than that.

Hah NW dude we're all friends here, just some friendly ribbin'. Though TBQH the comment about 'mm delicious salt' was aimed more at Anacybele and the folks talkin' about how much they hate Tharja lol. 

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Probably not. Unfortunately I don't think I have anybody from SF on my friend list yet. I'm running my TA Gronnraven Bunny Camilla to hopefully help people wreck all those Robins and other blues that are getting spammed. If you wanna add my code's 4922534500. :D

Aw hell dude, toss her over my way, all I been gettin' is these weaksauce vanilla bun Camillas with no SI work. //my way of saying I'm adding you lol

3 minutes ago, Beddlam said:

Well. I do want better, more even match-ups
But they also aren't... really in this gauntlet, so in the future, sure. Why not. I'm talking about this one specifically.
I don't really care who wins. I just think it would be cool if Robin won this one.

The only time I was remotely salty at someone winning in the gauntlets so far was Ephraim over Chrom, because I just really don't like him, but even then that's more of a personal thing :p

I don't even know why I'm typing more in this post

7 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Well. It is like that since the past months. I assume you have a better wording for it? It'd be better than just a complaint :P

My point in bringing that up was to show that there are multiple instances where their wording implies that the gauntlet is meant to be a popularity contest.

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

If they want the gauntlet to be an actual competition, then they should just create more balanced match-ups instead of tweaking the mechanics of the event probably remove those instances of the phrase "most popular" to not leave the implication that they intend for the gauntlet to be a popularity contest and nothing else.

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

The only time I was remotely salty at someone winning in the gauntlets so far was Ephraim over Chrom, because I just really don't like him, but even then that's more of a personal thing :p

I'm with you there. XD

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

lol whoops I fell accidentally asleep for a few hours haha ;; 

Hmm, Robin was ahead for a while there, huh...? But yall can't even keep a lead long enough to give US the 3x multiplier... fufufu... C'mon now, Team Rob. If y'all won't put up a better fight... how am I supposed to show you what we can really do...? *w*

Hah NW dude we're all friends here, just some friendly ribbin'. Though TBQH the comment about 'mm delicious salt' was aimed more at Anacybele and the folks talkin' about how much they hate Tharja lol. 

Dude, he's still in the lead as of the last update. At least wait to gloat until after the lead change is official.