Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After listening to pretty much nothing but Sabaton for a couple of weeks, I forgot this song existed -- until now.

Come on, it's literally titled "Tip the Scales", it's perfect for a Team Robin song.

EDIT: Also, 3 AM is nothing for me. I went to bed at 5:30 AM yesterday.

Edited by Sunwoo

Screw you guys & your Outrealm magic

Imma listen to Sunwoo's music

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh hey, we're in the same timezone.

But I don't live Hong Kong what Black magic is this?

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Screw you guys & your Outrealm magic

Imma listen to Sunwoo's music

But I don't live Hong Kong what Black magic is this?

I actually currently live in the US. I just don't change my profile so people know I'm not American.

1 hour ago, komasa said:

It was an honour to fight with you and Reinhardt. Until we meet again as allies or enemies!

Well, let's cheer for Leo and Julia and that maybe we can fight in the finals! 

I really like the comeback syste because at least there will be no Chrom vs Alfonse matches again.

Tharja gained 1.7 billion in the past hour, which is a bit below my expectations based on first-hour performance, considering Tharja had over double Julia's score in the first hour. If the initial bursts are anything to go by, it looks like Team Tharja's outnumbering Team Julia by about 1.6:1.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I actually currently live in the US. I just don't change my profile so people know I'm not American.

Oh that makes sense, mystery solve. Time to drink myself to sleep.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

You should've joined Julia.

Holy magic burns us Avatars, fool. Y we would ever convert to Naga?

Funny thing, literally no one on my friend's list is part of team Robin. That's fine, although I seem to keep getting other Robins from randoms, which isn't really that good. What if I run into a spring Camilla? Or a Nino?

Also, almost all of Sabaton's songs are about war so they might be fitting for FE as well. But at the same time ... songs about war really shouldn't be allowed to be so catchy!

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Also, almost all of Sabaton's songs are about war so they might be fitting for FE as well. But at the same time ... songs about war really shouldn't be allowed to be so catchy!

Sabaton is cool, they sing about war but never glorify it.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Sabaton is cool, they sing about war but never glorify it.

Nice to meet another Sabaton fan!

Yeah, I find their songs to be an interesting perspective of war. It's telling some sort of a story through someone's eyes and how they see and are affected by the events that occur.

Maybe I should try to find a Sabaton song that fits Julia vs. Tharja, even if I'm not on that team currently.

28 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

@Taxon @wizzard of soz Respectfully, I disagreeeeeee ~3~

Hide contents

Seriously though I think most people totally mischaracterize Tharja; IMO the Nowi support isn't out of character for her at all as a lot of people say it is, to me it's the clearest indicator of what she's really like. She's introverted and misanthropic to an extreme degree (thinking of stuff with Stahl, where she distrusts the notion that people could feel genuinely positive things about her given her demeanor and profession), no doubt, and she has a certain amount of pride in herself and her capabilities that make her somewhat dangerous, but if you look at a lot of her other supports, her willingness to help is evident if you're willing to see it-- she mind-controls Virion to help out the army by cleaning up, making food, building infrastructure, and other beneficial shit; she bosses Donnel around, but with the ulterior motive of getting him to stand up for himself and not simply do as he's told all the time (both of which, along with her join convo, characterize her as rebellious to authority-- another thing I kinda like about her lol-- if you read between the lines and think about how satisfying it must be to watch a foppish noble like Virion do such menial labor haha), and then of course there's stuff like with Libra and Nowi, where she legitimately empathizes with them.

Tharja is actually a big softie on the inside and I love her for it, TBH. 

You know, I wrote an incredibly long winded reply with why I disagree with what you and the guy who wrote that tumblr post said. Then when I was finishing up I realized that this was absolutely the wrong thread to be writing an essay on why I dislike a character, so I ended up deciding not to post it. Did save it to notepad though, for future use.

But yeah, gonna agree to disagree on this one for now.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Nice to meet another Sabaton fan!

Yeah, I find their songs to be an interesting perspective of war. It's telling some sort of a story through someone's eyes and how they see and are affected by the events that occur.

Maybe I should try to find a Sabaton song that fits Julia vs. Tharja, even if I'm not on that team currently.

@Vaximillian @Sunwoo Another semi-fan of Sabaton here. Night Witches is pretty good song for Julia vs. Tharja, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Jeheza said:

@Vaximillian @Sunwoo Another semi-fan of Sabaton here. Night Witches is pretty good song for Julia vs. Tharja, in my opinion.

Ooh, why didn't I think of that one? I've even been listening to it a lot recently. Night Witches would work.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

While we're here, have a Julia:

Hide contents

tumblr_op7ig2jL8Z1w1ki47o1_1280.jpg

(clickable for source)

I will thank u very much. Even if we fall in battle, we shall have defended our lady's legacy with honor. 

Wait wah? What are the scores right now?