Tempest Torture

Arthur97

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That'll take forever. We could just fool her with Sanaki. Not that I have her.

I can see how that could work: both have purple hair and can be snarky. Time to focus greys then?
(I do have Sanaki)

(and Sakura)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

50k get.

Time to take it slow. 9 days to get 50k more points. Should make it just with the normal stamina I get.

And here I am still at 15k now. I'm taking it as quick as I can, but not to the point of spending too much time on the game. I did suffered some fails here and there as well. Got wiped to a full triangle team + colorless in the last map. The Tempest is as brutal as I imagined. :(

Edited by Lyrai

Just now, Lyrai said:

And here I am still at 15k now. I'm taking it slow, but I did suffered some fails here and there. The Tempest is as brutal as I imagined. :(

To be fair, I spent a decent amount of money on the game (not a whale, by any means, but still), so having a larger pool of 5*'s to use makes it easier.

I've only ever done the hardest difficulty, and probably average about 600 points per run.

I wouldn't worry, though, since the 50k seal is the most important objective to obtain, and at the rate at which you're going, you should easily reach it by the end of the event.

The 15 orbs and extra feathers are nice, but not a huge deal if they're missed.

3 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

And here I am still at 15k now. I'm taking it as quick as I can, but not to the point of spending too much time on the game. I did suffered some fails here and there as well. Got wiped to a full triangle team + colorless in the last map. The Tempest is as brutal as I imagined. :(

I'm sitting at 15-16K now myself, but if you can hit 18K for today, you'll still be on target to get that lovely Quickened Pulse seal. ^^ And yes, these Trials make Arena and 10th stratum look easy. My head felt like a wrung sponge yesterday because of all the grinding.

30 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

To be fair, I spent a decent amount of money on the game (not a whale, by any means, but still), so having a larger pool of 5*'s to use makes it easier.

I've only ever done the hardest difficulty, and probably average about 600 points per run.

I wouldn't worry, though, since the 50k seal is the most important objective to obtain, and at the rate at which you're going, you should easily reach it by the end of the event.

The 15 orbs and extra feathers are nice, but not a huge deal if they're missed.

A free player's gotta try harder than you do! My pool of 5* is pretty much just okay. I really wanted to have at least Ninian / Azura, and Lucina or Ryoma for a fast swordie. The biggest trouble I have is Veronica's Quickened Pulse and the cavalry mage. I can't safely let my Sanaki get hit by Veronica unless I have G Tomebreaker because of the Bonfire proc. I have to initiate battle to hit Veronica twice with my Tharja. (who is -SPD). Sometimes units like Jaffar + Navarre can save my day.

I've only ever done the hardest difficulty as it gives me the most points and tests my skill as a FE player as well.

I would worry a little about the points, just that I have to keep up the pace in order to reach that goal. It does worry me more as I lose more battles.

My sweeper (1st) team consists of Cecilia, Reindhart, Tharja, and Clarine. It's essentially horse emblem but with an independent Tharja to take out the Greens and as a bonus unit. My biggest weakness is that if one of them goes down, it's essentially the end for my team.

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Well... there's also the fact that we've been sending the same frontline unit every single time for the very same reasons.

Anyone with Desperation would feel the same way. I would believe Shanna feels the same way as Nino did. I guess we still have to feel a bit of sympathy because Nino's our cinnamon roll and our MVP. She's doing her best to stay that way, for the summoner. ><

Edited by Lyrai

54 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If Erk is added to the game and either (or both) of us pulls him, will Priscilla come for him?

She doesn’t seem to come for her brother.

Did you try set him as star character for everyone to see? Bride Lyn also didn't come for Hector until I did than, then it was almost instantaneous.

And that's the 5* mysterious stranger in a mask, who looks strangely like Marth but scares Lon'qu, all nicely gathered up. I have two of them now. Who is this strange character who seems to sound exactly like one of the bunny girls...

Now for Quickened Pulse! I'm well on the way to possibly getting all the prizes. I haven't spent any stamina potions yet, except one to complete Zephiel's stuff, as I didn't want to take stamina away from the trials.

Currently ranking about 9,500ish, which is higher than I expected to get. I've hit a stride and tend to get about 670 per round now.

...How do you even clear the damn thing? Do you need 4 teams of 40-s? I think I tried around 30 times already and I NEVER completed it once (the closest I got was the last map).

Also screw you Lissa and your "get doubled by everyone" 20 speed.

Also screw you Reinhardt/Olwen for killing more of my guys in the trial than everyone else combined (well, almost).

Also screw you LucinaMarth for forcing me to play this mess.

Then again, getting tips would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

...How do you even clear the damn thing? Do you need 4 teams of 40-s? I think I tried around 30 times already and I NEVER completed it once (the closest I got was the last map).

Also screw you Lissa and your "get doubled by everyone" 20 speed.

Also screw you Reinhardt/Olwen for killing more of my guys in the trial than everyone else combined (well, almost).

Also screw you LucinaMarth for forcing me to play this mess.

Then again, getting tips would be appreciated.

Do you have a high resistance red mage to save for the last map? I found that turned the tides for me. I gave Sanaki g.tomebreaker, and she seems to be able to murder Veronica.

But yup, I reckon at least 4 teams of 40 would be best (not necessarily 5*, but at least balanced/synergised teams), just in case. I usually only use two teams. That's all the advice I can give. Other people will probably do better ^.^''

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Do you have a high resistance red mage to save for the last map? I found that turned the tides for me. I gave Sanaki g.tomebreaker, and she seems to be able to murder Veronica.

Well, I have Lilina, but her Res is not even that high and she's a repeat of "get doubled by everyone" 20 speed. Then there's Sophia, but i'm not even considering her, for known reasons.

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

But yup, I reckon at least 4 teams of 40 would be best (not necessarily 5*, but at least balanced/synergised teams), just in case. I usually only use two teams. That's all the advice I can give. Other people will probably do better ^.^''

Ugh... grinding... At least i have several 5* lvl 35-s around. Thanks for that at least.

Also, screw green color, due to Anna being the only good green unit I have.

Also, off topic - is bride Caeda worth it to train?

I myself run 3 teams of 40 plus one dummy. First team is expected survive until fourth or fifth battle (Hector-sol/Azura/Tharja/b.Cordelia -buff/healer) second team is meant to get into final run (I am using fliers). Than they give up, then my dummy team give up and it almost halve enemy HP. 

My final team is cavalry+dancer (HC Titania/ WC Olwen/blade Cecilia/Azura). At that point it's possible one shot almost anything especially Olwen/Rein self destruct on buffed Cecilia.

Not sure if it helps, but I hope you can find something useful in it 

Edited by Tenzen12

3 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Well, I have Lilina, but her Res is not even that high and she's a repeat of "get doubled by everyone" 20 speed. Then there's Sophia, but i'm not even considering her, for known reasons.

Ugh... grinding... At least i have several 5* lvl 35-s around. Thanks for that at least.

Also, screw green color, due to Anna being the only good green unit I have.

Also, off topic - is bride Caeda worth it to train?

Green Tomebreaker helps with the speed issue. Sanaki's speed is terrible. Do you have any Henrys spare (not sure who else has it)? Lilina might work, I'm not sure. Maybe add a hone res to boost that :) The main thing is to stop Veronica's special being used on her ^.^

No clue about Bride Caeda, sorry. I've heard good things of Cordelia, but the others seem to be mentioned rarely.

3 hours ago, Lyrai said:

I can't safely let my Sanaki get hit by Veronica unless I have G Tomebreaker because of the Bonfire proc. 

? Give Sanaki even just TA2 and she can tank even Veronica's bonfire. Veronica's first attack does 0-4 damage, depending on if she's been boosted, and her bonfire does 20ish. I usually use her to bait Veronica on the last map and she'll be standing with 16 hp left and can get rid of Veronica on the next player phase.

Darn it all. I became too overcocky during my break on the arena map and got both my Ninian and Soren killed, leaving me with Xander and Reinhardt. Now I'm wondering if it's worth surrendering that team for the next two maps for speed, since I need to surrender on the final map to get the team built for that. Decisions, decisions. I've got two hours to ponder it before lunch xD

Woohoo, got Quicked Pulse!  I'm going to try the hilarity of 1-cool down Bonfire for a bit.  Now the Tempest Trials become the HM and SP Grinding Trials on the slow march to 100k. 

Edited by Eridras

A funny story on my first (not really) near perfect, deathless run. Outside of Tharja and Hana I don't have anyone who can take down Veronica. So, I plan my teams around those two. I was running my first team of Olivia, Tharja, Julia and Donnell when I came across a seemingly simple stage 6 map with perfect health. All I had to do was take care of Sanaki then I could pick apart Mist, Gwendolyn and Gordin. I send Donnell and Olivia to the corner so I can one hit Sanaki and before I know it Gordin has systematically destroyed me in ways I didn't know he could...and no one could touch him because of Vantage 3. And that is when I learned my lesson...I thought. I sent in my horse Emblem team and then watched Mist systematically destroy them on her own. I go to the third team and I finally take them down with...of all people Ninian. Anyway...you prepare for Hector, Ike, Veronica, Ryoma and build these teams to counter them only for a team of Mist and Gordin to take you out!

18K milestone reached. Next target: 21600.

While it may be brutal, remember that those of us who are even attempting this are still better than the ones who haven't bothered at all. Or gave up before it even began.

I just got two really frustrating maps...because of the enemies who spawned on them (I'm sure others could've figured ways around it, but I couldn't... :'D)

Map 4/7: The ridge map...Lon'qu on the left cliff. Takumi and Kagero at the bottom. Azura (with Lancebreaker, not WoM) on the right. My initial team was my Tharja, Nino, Azura, and Lissa. Needless to say, they all were wiped since Nino and Tharja couldn't kill Lon'qu fast enough to get to the left cliff to start doing run-around (Tharja could delete Takumi, but Kagero...Azura wasn't in range to hit her and then have someone else deal the final blow, so...). Cleared it with my B Team of Ike, Hector, Takumi, and Genny without further deletion.

Map 5/7: Arena map...with Fae, Sully, Nino, and Ike. I tried to bait Sully, but Nino somehow popped in where she wasn't meant to and knocked Hector out mercilessly. No one could stand up to the enemy Ike's inflated stats. My other teams went down quickly for the same reasons.

Sometimes I swear this game is just frustrating for its own amusement...

2 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Sometimes I swear this game is just frustrating for its own amusement...

#TempestTorture

I found my perfect winning formula, and even then I sometimes mess up too XD or get a horrible map

That's only happened 3 times though so it doesn't happen too much ever since I discovered my way to win