New Banner - Echoes of Mystery (6/14)

Anacybele

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Whoa, that dude in the horned mask is creepy as hell.

Ah, Legion: Masked Maniac from FE12. He's from the same group of assassins Katarina: Wayward One and Clarisse: Sniper in the Dark (blonde female sniper) are from.

33 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Aw, Bride Banner is ending so soon?  I really wish the Appearance Rates for failing to pull 5-stars carried over from banner to banner.  I'm up to 5% so far.

It's been a usual two week length. They always announce the end date when a banner launches.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

It's been a usual two week length. They always announce the end date when a banner launches.

Yeah, it just always feels so short when the time comes.  Especially when it's limited-time units and I didn't manage to pull any.  T_T

26 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Ah, Legion: Masked Maniac from FE12. He's from the same group of assassins Katarina: Wayward One and Clarisse: Sniper in the Dark (blonde female sniper) are from.

And yet Katarina is the only one of them that's not going to be a GHB?

Just now, Anacybele said:

We got Reinhardt and Eldigan as summonables. Katarina is also the only assassin that's playable in the main story of New Mystery (I think- it's been a while).

Just now, Anacybele said:

Nope, Katarina's a summonable character. Likely because in FE12, she's actually recruitable in the main story.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

We got Reinhardt and Eldigan as summonables. Katarina is also the only assassin that's playable in the main story of New Mystery (I think- it's been a while).

Obviously, I didn't know those two were never playable in their original games.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I don't remember Reinhardt is playable at Thracia... but I do remember Eldigan sides with Sigurd, but only in first chapter. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Then I'm not sure you were in quite the position to be casting stones.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I don't remember Reinhardt is playable at Thracia... but I do remember Eldigan sides with Sigurd, but only in first chapter. 

Neither are playable, and yet they are summonable- which was my point.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wikias exists for a reason, you know. 

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Neither are playable, and yet they are summonable- which was my point.

Yah, about that, Female Robin was in GHB . Okay, in the bad future either Robins become Grima's vessel, but the GHB Robin isn't even Grima's vessel. Whatever they want for the pool and GHB, I guess.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm getting a lot of Navarre vibes from Clarisse's art. I'm guessing Yura for the artist?

Ugh. From the looks of her facial expression, it seems very likely...

Still... it's Clarisse! So the sniper with a tragic story indeed make it into the game as well... now that's... 3 of the 4 Assassins in the game with the exception of the heartless leader.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They only existed in the remake of Mystery of the Emblem. It's the 2nd and last game of the DS era after Shadow Dragon, and a Japanese only release due to SD's poor sales internationally. The game's notable for introducing the Avatar character (Chris) for the first time. Sadly that avatar didn't make it to Heroes, it seems.

Edited by Lyrai

3 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

They only existed in the remake of Mystery of the Emblem. It's the 2nd and last game of the DS era after Shadow Dragon, and a Japanese only release due to SD's poor sales internationally. The game's notable for introducing the Avatar character for the first time.

I'm aware New Mystery introduced the Avatar feature. But I see.

10 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Ugh. From the looks of her facial expression, it seems very likely...

Still... it's Clarisse! So the sniper with a tragic story indeed make it into the game as well... now that's... 3 of the 4 Assassins in the game with the exception of the heartless leader.

They only existed in the remake of Mystery of the Emblem. It's the 2nd and last game of the DS era after Shadow Dragon, and a Japanese only release due to SD's poor sales internationally. The game's notable for introducing the Avatar character (Chris) for the first time. Sadly that avatar didn't make it to Heroes, it seems.

well, Eremiya was brainwashed too... 

How about Blazing's Mark? 

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm aware New Mystery introduced the Avatar feature. But I see.

Still, because the game is a remake, they had to add new elements into the story in order to make the Avatar more relevant without  breaking the original storyline.

With this IS took the opportunity to add a new prologue, introducing the team known as the 7th Platoon with squires from the original game such as Luke, Roderick, Ryan, and Cecille, while adding the Avatar and Katarina as fresh recruits.

While Avatar faithfully serves Marth, Katarina had a different purpose. Throughout the journey of the Prologue, Katarina indeed felt like she belong with the Avatar, but she had to obey the mission, and as such, introduces us to the new element in Mystery of the Emblem, the Assassins, as she deployed her army to assassinate Marth. From there it's spoilers spoilers, but anything that included the plot storyline of the Assassins was added as in-between chapters... and I feel like all the Assassins have a pretty fleshed out story too, which is nice. :)

9 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

well, Eremiya was brainwashed too... 

How about Blazing's Mark? 

Eremiya was brainwashed by Gharnef, but yeah... I still feel bad for what could've been a mother figure.

Blazing's Mark is indeed an Avatar character, but only as a Tactician. Since it's an original game, It won't affect much as his inclusion is only as a minor character. Chris marks the first Avatar-who-has-a-story-and-a-personality and has a much more significant role than Mark could ever do, which follows up to Awakening and Fates, ofc.

Edited by Lyrai

4 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Eremiya was brainwashed by Gharnef, but yeah... I still feel bad for what could've been a mother figure.

Blazing's Mark is indeed an Avatar character, but only as a Tactician. Since it's an original game, It won't affect much as his inclusion is only as a minor character. Chris marks the first Avatar-who-has-a-story-and-a-personality and has a much more significant role than Mark could ever do, which follows up to Awakening and Fates, ofc.

Sonia still gives Eremiya a  run for her money for killing Nino's parent on her own accord tho. 

oh, I see. 

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Whoa... Katarina really laying it on Kiran - in her lv. 40 confession, she actually believes that Kiran and Kris are one and the same!

Whoaa~ Really? That's... that's very nice...
... After all... I love Katarina so much... to hear that would be... :^_^:

1 minute ago, Lyrai said:

Whoaa~ Really? That's... that's very nice...
... After all... I love Katarina so much... to hear that would be... :^_^:

Source

The datamine reddit thread's been updated to show the confessions of the 4 banner units and the 2 GHB units. Have a look!

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Legion's dialogue is surprisingly cute... Also , Clarisse is a tsundere? did I miss something? 

Clarisse is pretty bitchy in the actual game though she does see Katarina as a sister (especially by sharing birthdays since neither of them remembers hers since they're both from an orphanage and by Clarisse asking Katarina to be by her side as she dies).

Edited by Roflolxp54

31 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Whoa... Katarina really laying it on Kiran - in her lv. 40 confession, she actually believes that Kiran and Kris are one and the same!

Do we get to know her real name? I want to know what they localised it as.

EDIT: I read it and no, we don’t get to know her real name.

Edited by Vaximillian