What is your unpopular Fire Emblem opinion?

14 hours ago, familyplayer said:

Because we have seen how fun good map designs can be. I think some maps are well designed, but there are several that are copy and paste as well as ones that are literally just fields of nothing, sometimes with a bridge. I don't think the less than stellar design ruined the game, but it does hurt replay value some. 

If you're talking about Gaiden I can get that replay issue but Echoes fixes that by adding a new chapter after the final one.

Again, people are missing the idea of this. Having short maps with less chapters is equivalent to having your typical 25 chapter sections. Why on earth should every map be so creative if its a small map to begin with? By that logic, then people should complain the poor map designs in Heroes as well and yet that gets skipped for some reason.

If every map in Gaiden were to be creative, it not only would make the game as long as FFT but also it would literally scare off casual gamers as well.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Why on earth should every map be so creative if its a small map to begin with? By that logic, then people should complain the poor map designs in Heroes as well and yet that gets skipped for some reason.

Are you really comparing a mainline series game to a mobile spin-off game?

9 hours ago, Slumber said:

Kaga created the split.

Granted, it worked differently in FE5 than any other incarnation, but FE5 was the first time we saw a split in the Merc/Myrm classline.

And that's how it should be done; I was specifically talking about having two first-tier classes, as the GBA games and beyond do.

My unpopular Fire Emblem opinions are that Celica Act 4 has better gameplay than Alm Act 4, Awakening had a good story, and Lyon was merely an okay villain (he was held back for me due to being an easy boss, which made battling him feel anticlimactic to me).

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Are you really comparing a mainline series game to a mobile spin-off game?

Yes because its really just jarring to see people complain about level designs really when the actual game itself is fun enough.

Anyways, for my next opinion...I think Nintendo/IS needs to work harder on spoonfeeding gamers about certain stuff for each and every FE game. 

Some of the features that each FE game has is not explained nor is it elaborated better.

FE4: Marriage system not explained in either booklet or in the actual game itself(might be wrong in this so don't quote me on it).

FE6: Doesn't teach you about the rescue mechanic & the support system despite the tutorial being there. 

FE7: Doesn't teach you the support system despite hinting it in the instructions as well as not explaining the mechanics properly to new comers such as how unit can double or be doubled, what stat does what in each game and how attacking works in the game(I'm referring to hit and crit here when you attack enemies) and how to use better weapons in general.

FE13: Pretty much tells you everything except only not explaining basic things like FE7 as I mentioned except supports(which is a big deal in this game).

FE14: Same as FE13.

FE15: Doesn't tell you how to support, how to use the turnwheel and how changing classes works. Also doesn't tell you how  sages have the potential to learn new moves and whatnot.

Now some can argue that all of this can be discovered eventually by the player but that doesn't always work. I mean, how is a first time gamer suppose to figure out that to do a triangle attack, you need three units having the skill form into a triangle to attack?

Tutorials need more spoonfeeding like Lyn's Mode. Its the same reason why Xenoblade Chronicles suffered a bit because of its horrible tutorial system.

4 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Yes because its really just jarring to see people complain about level designs really when the actual game itself is fun enough.

No, because Heroes' level design is good for mobile game standards. What, did you want a Conquest-style map in a mobile spin-off gacha game?

6 minutes ago, Harvey said:

FE4: Marriage system not explained in either booklet or in the actual game itself(might be wrong in this so don't quote me on it).

FE6: Doesn't teach you about the rescue mechanic & the support system despite the tutorial being there. 

FE7: Doesn't teach you the support system despite hinting it in the instructions as well as not explaining the mechanics properly to new comers such as how unit can double or be doubled, what stat does what in each game and how attacking works in the game(I'm referring to hit and crit here when you attack enemies) and how to use better weapons in general.

FE13: Pretty much tells you everything except only not explaining basic things like FE7 as I mentioned except supports(which is a big deal in this game).

FE14: Same as FE13.

FE15: Doesn't tell you how to support, how to use the turnwheel and how changing classes works. Also doesn't tell you how  sages have the potential to learn new moves and whatnot.

Now some can argue that all of this can be discovered eventually by the player but that doesn't always work. I mean, how is a first time gamer suppose to figure out that to do a triangle attack, you need three units having the skill form into a triangle to attack?

Tutorials need more spoonfeeding like Lyn's Mode.

Bolded, if you use context clues (which everyone should be able to do), then it's easy to figure out how to do a Triangle Attack.  But the Triangle Attack itself is kinda an obscure thing, even in FE1 (i think). I don't see how that's a good example.

As for the rest

In FE4. literally on the prolouge, you get Quan and Ethiln, two characters who are married. That alone should tell you that marriage is in this game. Then there's the love tester guy in the castle. If anything, the game should've told you how many love points are required for marriage and how many love points each character has. While FE4 handled marriage better, Awakening and Fates made it easier to keep track of.

In FE6, it doesn't tell you how Rescue works......what? "Con: Constitution, or physical size. Affects Rescues" "Rescue: "Rescue an ally from an adjacent space" The game literally tells you this, not just in FE6, but in basically every game after it. Literally just select the command and press the R button. As for Supports, FE6 has literally the fastest building Support in the entire series in the form of Roy x Lilina. Any smart person would figure out "hey, if i put two characters next to each other for a set amount of turns, they talk to each other". It's something that you're bound to come across at least once in any game with Supports.

In FE7, regarding Supports, see above. Regarding attacking speed and other stats, the game literally tells you what each stat does if you select it and press the R button (FE6 and 8, and every other FE game starting with the GBA era does this). Also "how to use better weapons in general", buddy, that's something the player themselves needs to figure out.

In FE13 and 14, the game gives you visual cues to when Supports are formed. Heck, on the tutorial page on the bottom screen, it fucking tells you how it works. In fact, there's a tutorial menu you can access at literally any time provided it's not a cutscene or the enemy phase. There's also the electronic manual. 

In FE15, same as above. Also, what? Each Magic user has their own spell set. Literally the same as in a JRPG. Does Final Fantasy or Tales or Xenoblade tell you what character will learn what spell or attack at a certain level? No. You, the player, figures that out when you reach that level.

Harvey, it's not a game's job to tell you literally everything. A game should tell you the basics, yes, but what you're asking here is for the game to tell you literally everything.

35 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Its the same reason why Xenoblade Chronicles suffered a bit because of its horrible tutorial system

This is unrelated to Fire Emblem but Xenoblade Chronicles, just like modern FE, has an in-game tutorial page. But in this game, you can filter it out to find tutorials on only the stuff you need. So no, it's not a horrible tutorial system.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

In FE4. literally on the prolouge, you get Quan and Ethiln, two characters who are married. That alone should tell you that marriage is in this game.

That maybe so but the game does not tell you or teach you how to do this. It expects you to know it without any idea.

In FE6, it doesn't tell you how Rescue works......what? "Con: Constitution, or physical size. Affects Rescues" "Rescue: "Rescue an ally from an adjacent space" 

It doesn't spoonfeed you how the mechanic works. If the tutorial is able to spoonfeed you how archers, mages and lords work, then it should be able to do the same for rescue...and btw, none of the units in the tutorial are capable to rescue each other I think.

Regarding attacking speed and other stats, the game literally tells you what each stat does if you select it and press the R button (FE6 and 8, and every other FE game starting with the GBA era does this). Also "how to use better weapons in general", buddy, that's something the player themselves needs to figure out.

I was referring to how the game doesn't teach you about each stat, not define them. And no, words and trial and error cannot be implemented on tutorials because otherwise, it would frustrate casuals.

In FE13 and 14, the game gives you visual cues to when Supports are formed. Heck, on the tutorial page on the bottom screen, it fucking tells you how it works. In fact, there's a tutorial menu you can access at literally any time provided it's not a cutscene or the enemy phase. There's also the electronic manual. 

Please read that paragraph again. I said except supports, it is similar to fe7.

Harvey, it's not a game's job to tell you literally everything. A game should tell you the basics, yes, but what you're asking here is for the game to tell you literally everything.

Correction. It is indeed the game's job to teach you literally everything about the game such as its plot, gameplay etc throughout the entire time. Everytime the game reminds you to do a set of things here and there and eventually, the game will bring you a test. Once you pass that, you have learnt the basics of the game.

The problem with fire emblem is that they do NOT teach you this enough to get an idea of things. Some of them do this well like FE7 but that's about it.

2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

It doesn't spoonfeed you how the mechanic works. If the tutorial is able to spoonfeed you how archers, mages and lords work, then it should be able to do the same for rescue...and btw, none of the units in the tutorial are capable to rescue each other I think.

It didn't spoonfeed anything. The tutorial telling you how Archers work is basically the same as a game telling you to "press A to jump". 

5 minutes ago, Harvey said:

And no, words and trial and error cannot be implemented on tutorials because otherwise, it would frustrate casuals.

Well that's the player's problem, not the game.

5 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Please read that paragraph again. I said except supports, it is similar to fe7.

In FE13 and 14, the game gives you visual cues to when Supports are formed. Heck, on the tutorial page on the bottom screen, it fucking tells you how it works.

6 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Correction. It is indeed the game's job to teach you literally everything about the game such as its plot, gameplay etc throughout the entire time. Everytime the game reminds you to do a set of things here and there and eventually, the game will bring you a test. Once you pass that, you have learnt the basics of the game.

Tell that to literally every game from the NES and SNES era. Back then, you had to figure things out on your own, and if you couldn't, too fucking bad. Git gud. The purpose of a tutorial is to teach you the basics. It is not supposed to teach you obscure gameplay details, or more advanced gameplay details. Those things, you're supposed to figure out on your own. If you can't, that's your problem, not the game's.

53 minutes ago, Harvey said:

CJX81KA.png

Wolt has more Con than Roy, so I went to see if I could rescue him in the tutorial, and what do you know...  Cecilia actually told me about rescuing!  She also told me you can only rescue if rescuer's Aid >= rescued's Con.  And that it lowers stats.  And that you can give/drop.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tell that to literally every game from the NES and SNES era. Back then, you had to figure things out on your own, and if you couldn't, too fucking bad. Git gud. The purpose of a tutorial is to teach you the basics. It is not supposed to teach you obscure gameplay details, or more advanced gameplay details. Those things, you're supposed to figure out on your own. If you can't, that's your problem, not the game's.

Wrong again. NES days gave you instruction booklets for the player to learn about the game. If the games didn't do that, that is not the player's problem but the games problem.

Again the problem with most of what Fe does is a lot of the mechanics are already advanced that tutorials are pretty much needed at this point. You can't blame gamers for not knowing simple stuff like that because otherwise, they don't know how to play the game which is obviously something that game devs don't want to do.

56 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

CJX81KA.png

Wolt has more Con than Roy, so I went to see if I could rescue him in the tutorial, and what do you know...  Cecilia actually told me about rescuing!  She also told me you can only rescue if rescuer's Aid >= rescued's Con.  And that it lowers stats.  And that you can give/drop.

I said I thought of it but good that the game does teach you that. Still doesn't tell you about supports though.

2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Wrong again. NES days gave you instruction booklets for the player to learn about the game. If the games didn't do that, that is not the player's problem but the games problem.

They told you the basic information and some plot but that was about it. Instruction booklets didn't tell you about the 1-Up trick in Super Mario Bros or the map layouts in The Legend of Zelda, or the boss weaknesses in the Mega Man games. Stuff like that, you had to figure out on your own.

So again, it's a game's job to teach you some stuff, but the rest of the stuff is for you to figure out on your own.

3 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Again the problem with most of what Fe does is a lot of the mechanics are already advanced that tutorials are pretty much needed at this point. You can't blame gamers for not knowing simple stuff like that because otherwise, they don't know how to play the game which is obviously something that game devs don't want to do.

The fuck? Fire Emblem is on the easier side of the difficulty spectrum regarding SRPGS (unless it's Thracia, Radiant Dawn, or Conquest). Even without a tutorial, it's not that hard to figure out how Supports, Attack Speed, etc work.

14 hours ago, Harvey said:

Again, people are missing the idea of this. Having short maps with less chapters is equivalent to having your typical 25 chapter sections. Why on earth should every map be so creative if its a small map to begin with? By that logic, then people should complain the poor map designs in Heroes as well and yet that gets skipped for some reason.

If every map in Gaiden were to be creative, it not only would make the game as long as FFT but also it would literally scare off casual gamers as well.

Heroes maps are constrained to be 8x6 by hardware and ease-of-use limitations. Within that 8x6, I would argue Heroes does pretty a good job of map design; they're varied, and often have some rather tricky enemy formations to break into, particularly the Grand Hero Battles.

Echoes maps have already been covered by others; some are pretty good, others are bland. Despite being simple some of them are definitely too big, as well.

I don't really see the FFT parallel. FFT's maps are rather consistently small-scale (enemies almost always start quite close to you, in particular, so few turns are wasted just getting into position) and have height as an additional element not present in FE (except RD kinda). I don't really like comparing them to FE since the two games are trying to do different things but I would easily rate FFT's map design above Echoes'.

8 hours ago, Harvey said:

Woops. Didn't know you meant heroes. Weren't we talking about Echoes? I must have imagined it...

- Fates doesn't suck.

- Mia is better than Zihark.

- Turncounts is a poor measure of a units capabilities.

- Faye is basically a walking Valkyria with a Yandere relationship with Alm.

- Female Robin should be the default Robin (if only because of those pigtails).

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

The fuck? Fire Emblem is on the easier side of the difficulty spectrum regarding SRPGS (unless it's Thracia, Radiant Dawn, or Conquest). Even without a tutorial, it's not that hard to figure out how Supports, Attack Speed, etc work.

Throw New Mystery into the pile.  There's a reason why its Lunatic Mode is considered really hard.

Ahem. . .

- There's absolutely nothing wrong with dumping every last ounce of favoritism into characters that you like.  However, some characters have a better starting point than others, so pouring every ounce of favoritism into a character doesn't make him/her the absolute best character in the game.

- Long Internet arguments about any aspect of FE (story, tier lists, characters, story) are pretty pointless.  It's a game, not a major life decision.  And if it is a major life decision, count yourself lucky.

- Tharja is a legitimately interesting character.

- Every character in Heroes can be useful, and not just for fodder.

- I want to jack items with Thieves again.  Pretty please, IS?

- Fates had some intriguing classes and skills, and I hope the next FE explores those.  Bow-using staff-wielders was a really cool idea.  So were personal skills, even if Selena's was mostly useless.

45 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Throw New Mystery into the pile.  There's a reason why its Lunatic Mode is considered really hard.

Ahem. . .

- There's absolutely nothing wrong with dumping every last ounce of favoritism into characters that you like.  However, some characters have a better starting point than others, so pouring every ounce of favoritism into a character doesn't make him/her the absolute best character in the game.

- Long Internet arguments about any aspect of FE (story, tier lists, characters, story) are pretty pointless.  It's a game, not a major life decision.  And if it is a major life decision, count yourself lucky.

- Fates had some intriguing classes and skills, and I hope the next FE explores those.  Bow-using staff-wielders was a really cool idea.  So were personal skills, even if Selena's was mostly useless.

One thing I REALLY wish would be brought back is the ability for thieves to steal weapons if the weapon's weight is less than/equal to the thief's con/bld.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Well, on the default difficulty, New Mystery is a fair challenge. That's why i didn't count it. I was only going by default difficulties.

I want to jack items with Thieves again.  Pretty please, IS?

Agreed. By losing their ability to steal items in the 3DS games (and maybe DS games, i don't remember if they can or can't steal in those), Thieves have lost a bit of their uniqueness. Granted, Sacred Stones is the only FE where i use Thieves outside of chapters where there's chests/Fog of War (because Rouges) but the Steal mechanic was always nice to have.

Ahem. . .

Cheers to all of this. 

A l l 

o f

T h i s. 

But especially the bolded. 

I find Heroes to be an excellent game for what it is. Im not sure if thats an unpopular opinion, but i have seen people complain about it. 

coughlikewhetheragamecoughshouldspoonfeeditsplayershackliterallyeverythingornotwheezewhenitdoesn'tmatteratallcoughIMEAN good to see you back Eclipse, been a bit since I saw you on here.

ANYWAYS

-Cordelia and Severa deserve their popularity

-It's a good thing that Donnel was considered popular enough to be considered for Warriors(memes are a version of popularity, something a lot of people I've seen online have issues realizing)

-Noire was the best Female Gen 2 character(besides MiniBaeSevera) in terms of personality

-Kjelle was the best Female Gen 2 character(besides MiniBaeSevera) in terms of available Skills disregarding Skills obtained from Fathers

-Owain was the best Male Gen 2 character literally any way you look at it. End of story.

Edited by SoulWeaver

17 hours ago, X-Naut said:

And that's how it should be done; I was specifically talking about having two first-tier classes, as the GBA games and beyond do.

Ah. I get ya now.

On a related note:

- Promotions should be character specific rather than class specific to a certain degree. If a character is a Fighter and is speedier and hits more reliably than other Fighters(Say, a Cord archetype), or they're specifically designed as not being bulky behemoths, there's a possibility that the character promotes to a Hero rather than a Warrior, as an example.

It was something that I always thought gave personality to characters in FE5(And FE4, to a lesser extent). Machyua's a bit bulkier(Design-wise) than Mareeta, Shiva and Troude, and while they're all Sword Fighters/Myrmidons, she promotes to the Hero class, while the other 3 promote to promote to Swordmaster. Asvel and Miranda are both Mages, but Asvel promotes to Sage because he's taught by Ced, while Miranda, watched over by the Paladin Conomore, promotes to a Mage Knight.

Edited by Slumber

9 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I don't really see the FFT parallel. FFT's maps are rather consistently small-scale (enemies almost always start quite close to you, in particular, so few turns are wasted just getting into position) and have height as an additional element not present in FE (except RD kinda). I don't really like comparing them to FE since the two games are trying to do different things but I would easily rate FFT's map design above Echoes'.

Well...FFT kinda does have maps that are really bland.

Like these for example.

0000451452.JPG

Final+Fantasy+Tactic+iphone2.jpg

Now the bland maps mean nothing because of the amount of depth that the strategy plays here. Personally, I find the environment in the maps bland lacking any sense of vibrant colors and what not as most of the time, you're just seeing generic towns and fields. 

FE while having some of that isn't to that extreme as a lot of the maps are vibrant, colourful and the environment actually feels like a battlefield. Again this is my opinion on that.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

They told you the basic information and some plot but that was about it. Instruction booklets didn't tell you about the 1-Up trick in Super Mario Bros or the map layouts in The Legend of Zelda, or the boss weaknesses in the Mega Man games. Stuff like that, you had to figure out on your own.

So again, it's a game's job to teach you some stuff, but the rest of the stuff is for you to figure out on your own.

There's a difference between finding out basic stuff and finding out easter eggs/secrets. Mario never taught you about its secrets because that's when you had to rely on Nintendo Power for that and like you said is something you have to be on your own.

But fire emblem does not have basic mechanics nor does it have secrets that are up to players to figure out. Supports are pretty much mandatory in FE6 because many units need it especially its lord. The game doesn't teach you how to do this and because its not almost possible to get through the game halfway without them, teaching the supports should be mandatory.

I can atleast understand why FE15 doesn't teach you this but certainly FE4 and 6 needed to teach you this in the long run.

Also, keep one thing in mind. Today's gaming market is pretty much flooded with casual gamers and they are needed for an IP to stay relevant. So spoonfeeding that kind of info is pretty much needed for these casual gamers(including me).

I don't want to like refer to the net just to see growth rates and determine whether I should use this unit or not when the game itself is suppose to teach me that or atleast make me aware whether I'm doing the right thing investing time training said unit or not. Only reason why Awakening & Fates did so well is because none of the units made people feel like they needed growth rates since the game encouraged players to use anyone...that and reclassing being infinite.

- I think Revelation maps werent that bad, and like Revelation. I like its sandbox feel to it, it has been great for creating any kind of PvP team, and has been fun for My Castle battles. I also just started grinding capture units for a playthrough later with all capture units. Something that would of been a little more onesided on Birthright or Conquest. As far as the maps go, I will agree that they were pretty bad. But I think the idea behind what Revelation's maps were supposed to be were interesting. The more puzzle like design behind them were kind of fun to go through. The ice map wasnt too bad, a little annoying on other playthroughs, but for a first time wasnt bad. And a lot of its later maps I actually enjoyed with all the moving platforms and splitting up teams and everything. It was definitely poorly executed, but I dont think it was really that bad.

- I think Fate's biggest issue was being rushed. To me it had everything that a rushed game has, from large amounts of cut content to a good concept that was poorly executed. And it being shown that Echoes and probably Heroes were being worked on alongside Fates, it starts to add up a bit. If Fate's was given another 6 months to a year to polish itself up a bit, fix it's story a bit and refine a lot of aspects about it, the conversation around Fate's would be different.

- I really like Warrior's roster. I enjoyed Fates and Awakening, so it being one of the two focuses is all good in my book, and while I was never a fan of Marth himself, there are a good bit of characters I like from the White Wings to Camus. I would of absolutely loved for there to be Tellius characters, dont get me wrong. By far it is my favorite games in the series, but I wasnt expecting them at all the minute this was announced. I guarantee Ike is likely in the game due to his popularity from Smash, but if any other Tellius character shows up I will be shocked. And unfortunately for me, some of my favorite Tellius characters likely wouldnt of been included anyway. I highly doubt Bastian would of been chosen, considering he is a Wind Mage just like Soren, but Soren is more popular. Leonardo? Maybe if the Dawn brigade as a whole was thrown in. He might of had hope for DLC at most. Stefan? Doubt it. I just hope Fate's characters dont get drowned out by the ton of Royals that are all but confirmed to be in.

- I think PvP and online play has a place in Fire Emblem. I think too many tactical strategy games go the route of excluding any kind of online play, and was so excited to see Fates really go all into it. It definitely could of been better, balance for one was absolutely terrible, but I think with some improvements it could be a really fun feature. I had a blast putting together teams for online play and fooling around to see what I could make work. It really added another layer to Fate's already high replay value.

- Corrin gets a little too much flak. Corrin was a victim of Fate's poor execution and having to completely pander to the player. Without the pandering, I think Corrin could of been really interesting due to how naive they were. They could of been an excellent example of how learning from books and training doesnt always translate to the real thing, and with some growth thrown in could of been a really good lord. Unfortunately along with Xander, they got screwed over by Fate's rushed and poor execution, and Corrin got a little extra problems with being an avatar. A poorly executed concept with good potential. Its why I am excited to see Corrin in warriors. Maybe the character interacting outside of its place as an avatar can do him/her some good.

A few more short ones

Spoiler

- I like Peri. She was a great unit as far as gameplay goes for me, so she earned a permenate spot on any Conquest or Rev playthrough. Her supports suck and they went way too far with the murdering psychopath gimmick. Henry was good because he was psycho and very dark, but wasnt outright evil. Peri was though. But she destroyed everything in her path gameplay wise so she is alright with me. Really hoping she makes it into Warriors.

- I like the Dawn Brigade and the Crimea Royal Knights more than the Greil Mercs. I find the characters from those teams to be more likeable than the Greil Mercs. Especially when you take Soren and Shinon into the equation, who are just dicks.

- speaking of Soren and Shinon, I do not like either of them. I will admit that Soren is a good character, and well written, but he is just such a dick that I cannot stand him. Shinon i could do without, he was interesting in the beginning of PoR, being one of the few that wasnt ok with Greil's choice of who will lead (though eventually it should go to Ike. It was his father's merc group, but maybe not just yet.) But I hated him the minute I saw he was with Daein. After that and getting his supports, there really is no redeeming quality about the guy, and it makes me wonder why Greil would of hired him in the first place.

- I like Lucina, I like the story around her. I almost wish we would get a game based around Future Past and Lucina and her group fighting Grima. The DLC was close enough though.

- I really liked Awakening's story. Taking into account that they thought this was the last game, so they were trying to go out with a bang with call backs to almost every game in the series, I think excuses the story a bit. It obviously wasnt the main focus of the game, and I am completely ok with that considering that it was thought to be the last Fire Emblem. I think 2nd gen was introduced really well here too, the idea of Naga sending back the second gen to help the first gen beat Grima was fun imo. Maybe a little cheesy, but it really helped with Awakening's charm.

- I wouldnt mind a Tellius remake. Specifically Radiant Dawn. I think it could gain a lot from a remake, from adding more chapters for the Dawn Brigade and some of the shorter parts, fixing up some of its glaring issues like supports, maybe some reclassing capabilities to make some units more viable (Meg for example).

- Not sure if its really unpopular, but I really liked Chapter 6 in SoV. I liked the idea of there being a fun little endgame challenge area once the game was completed. I think this is something that should be done in every FE and remake for now on. Final Fantasy 1's remake on the GBA did something similar and it also worked really well (though admittedly it was executed a lot better).

Edited by Tolvir

1 hour ago, familyplayer said:

I'm not sure if this still is about unpopular opinions or not anymore as I'm seeing things that aren't popular, but aren't unpopular.

I think the problem is that this thread doesn't really distinguish between what's unpopular on Serenes Forest and what's unpopular elsewhere.  The forum is more or less an island of veterans in a sea of casuals.