Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Dissapointed that it's likely that there won't be Ike vs Lyn for the final round. Also because I expect there to be even more division regarding the multiplier, backlash and Camilla becomes more disliked upsurping Lyn. Although I'm wondering why Team Lyn went crazy with the flags. Did they not expect the multplier, overestimated their chance to get a multplier for themselves and underestimate how much points Team Camilla would get? I don't like Camilla but her team was wiser in planning (and exploiting a flawed system imo). .

Wondering how Ike vs Camilla would pan out. 

Edited by Paris

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at it now, the CYL Voting Gauntlet results are kind of funny. Lucina and Roy dropped out immediately despite being the second place winners of CYL, Chrom and Tharja were irrelevant, Hector never had a chance against Ike, and Lyn struggled against and is about to lose to Camilla.

If you re-ordered the CYL voting results to the Voting Gauntlet's results, you end up with Ike and Camilla/Lyn at first place, Hector and Camilla/Lyn in second, and Chrom, Lucina, Roy, and Tharja somewhere around in third and fourth. Ike and Chrom stay in the same places of first and fourth respectively, Lyn stays either in first or drops to second, Lucina and Roy drop down to third or fourth, Tharja either stays in third or drops to fourth, Hector jumps up to second from third, and Camilla goes from being fourth to first or second.

If the CYL Voting Gauntlet results were the CYL units, then Brave Heroes Lucina and Roy would not have been a thing. Not really a bad thing for sword cavaliers despite Roy having the best offensive spread and one of the best legendary swords, but it would have sucked for lance infantry since other than Sharena and probably Nephenee, the only other fast lance infantry units are bride Charlotte and summer F!Robin who are no longer obtainable until the next year or so.

Instead of Lucina and Roy, we'd have CYL Camilla and Hector instead. Camilla would be tricky since what would she even be? We already have a flying mage of her, so that wouldn't be that amazing if she showed up as a flying mage again. She can re-class into a dark mage, so, she could end up as a red cavalry mage which could just make Leo look bad as a unit in general since there would be two red cavalry mages to choose from and one of them is a free, Brave Hero with ~148 BST because she was the first place winner. With Hector, it would be pretty easy: Binding Blade old Hector or perhaps Hector wearing Uther's armor. The only problem is he could end up as an axe knight which might not be great since all the CYL units changed in weapon classes and/or movement-type. Heh, just replace Brave Heroes Roy with Hector cosplaying Eliwood. High attack, high defense sword cavalier with Blazing Durandal. :p

Anyway, we would keep Ike and Lyn who would probably lose some skills like I don't think she'd have Sacae's Blessing if she was a second place winner and she'd have ~5 less BST which might not both her much unless all of it comes from her attack and speed. Now that I think about it, if she were a second place winner, the developers might have made her an infantry archer since why should she be anything that special? Ike would probably be the same, so that's fine.

Edited by Kaden

I wasn't expecting this sittuation to happen... wow... Well, Team Camilla I guess? (Not really because I like her a lot, it's mostly for the votes and I don't want to support Ike, he has enough support) xD

Edited by Troykv

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Between Camilla and Ike, I don't have a favorite. They're both relatively neutral in my book. I don't see why either of them are as popular as they are, but that's meh. I certainly don't think Camilla deserves to win a second gauntlet at all, but if she does IS might seriously rethink the event. I mean since the last one when we ended up with Gaius in the finals (when he should have lost during the first round), there weren't any alterations made to the event at all. But taking down Ike would probably be a big enough statement.

I'm not entirely sure why Ike is so popular, having never played his games, but apparently he was a pretty likable character.

I'm pretty sure Camilla is as popular as she is because a lot of middle school boys play this game.

3 minutes ago, Paris said:

Dissapointed that it's likely that there won't be Ike vs Lyn for the final round. Also because I expect there to be even more division regarding the multiplier, backlash and Camilla becomes more disliked upsurping Lyn. Although I'm wondering why Team Lyn went crazy with the flags. Did they not expect the multplier, overestimated their chance to get a multplier for themselves and underestimate how much points Team Camilla would get? I don't like Camilla but her team was wiser in planning (and exploiting a flawed system imo). .

This. As a Lyn voter I decided to use zero flags when we had the lead because I knew Camilla would eventually get the multiplier and deal the final blow. I used a lot of flags after the multiplier hit but I think people went crazy or Lyn had considerably a lot more voters if we consider none of them, or at least a few of them, used flags.

It's really depressing seeing this situation because I wanted her to win the gauntlet but ehh. I lost appeal to the gauntlets because the only one I enjoyed was the first one with Chrom vs Ephraim, so screw it. I have none of them but I think I'll join Ike.

6 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

The system that was made in response to Camilla destroying the flier gauntlet actually helped her beat Lyn. That is hilariously ironic.

To add to this, a Nohrian royal got screwed by the multiplier last gauntlet. This gauntlet, a different Nohrian royal is about an hour away from getting a win thanks to it. Ah, how the tables turn...

I really don't think IS will reconsider the multiplier bonus if Camilla comes out on top overall. If beating Lyn isn't enough, I doubt beating Ike (should he beat Hector) will. I'm sure they'll just correlate it with her and Fates' overall popularity.

Like seriously, she's getting a waifu statue of her guys. I'm certain IS won't take a second glace at the system if she wins this "popularity" contest.

Edited by Together We Ride

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I'm pretty sure Camilla is as popular as she is because a lot of middle school boys play this game.

The people who like Camilla: The people who like her because of her support conversations (which at very good mind you), the people who like her because of how she did in fates (which was also very good), and the people who like her because of her....unique body structure (this is the most common archetype)

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Between Camilla and Ike, I don't have a favorite. They're both relatively neutral in my book. I don't see why either of them are as popular as they are, but that's meh. I certainly don't think Camilla deserves to win a second gauntlet at all, but if she does IS might seriously rethink the event. I mean since the last one when we ended up with Gaius in the finals (when he should have lost during the first round), there weren't any alterations made to the event at all. But taking down Ike would probably be a big enough statement.

It would be nice if you joined Team Ike.

It's lost in the uproar of this upset, but I'd still like to see a guy win a Gauntlet for a change.  Anybody who wants to see that happen can join us as well.  I want to prove that Fire Emblem's fan base isn't just a bunch of horny teenage boys.

Looking at the average votes per hour, roughly 50% of the players will be joining a new team, not counting people who just drop out completely.  Ike had 33% of the total vote share, Camilla had 17%, so she'd have to get twice as many new votes as Ike to pull ahead.

7 minutes ago, Paris said:

The thing is, thousands of players can't play strategically together. Besides different languages, time zones and the like, this game also puts you in competition with your own team.  

This is why the multiplier is such BS.  You can't play to it because your individual efforts don't have enough of an effect.

Just now, Poimagic said:

The people who like Camilla: The people who like her because of her support conversations (which at very good mind you), the people who like her because of how she did in fates (which was also very good), and the people who like her because of her....unique body structure (this is the most common archetype)

Camilla was pretty much the deciding factor in my choice of Birthright over Conquest, so I guess I've never actually seen her support conversations.

Just now, Rezzy said:

It's lost in the uproar of this upset, but I'd still like to see a guy win a Gauntlet for a change.  Anybody who wants to see that happen can join us as well.  I want to prove that Fire Emblem's fan base isn't just a bunch of horny teenage boys.

Looking at the average votes per hour, roughly 50% of the players will be joining a new team, not counting people who just drop out completely.  Ike had 33% of the total vote share, Camilla had 17%, so she'd have to get twice as many new votes as Ike to pull ahead.

I'm definitely going Ike after Hector loses. My Bridelia is ready to help anyone on my friend list shoot Camillia down.

Boy it is not going to be fun wading through all of the character hate the next few days. Towards both Ike and Camilla. I get trash talking and all, but I can see this is going to get demoralizingly ugly. 

I would ask people to be civil, but this is the internet. I would have better luck reasoning with the bears in my neighborhood. 

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

100% agreement here!

Just now, Together We Ride said:

I actually really don't think IS will reconsider the multiplier bonus if Camilla comes out on top overall. If beating Lyn isn't enough, I doubt beating Ike (should he beat Hector) will. I'm sure they'll just correlate it with her and Fates' overall popularity.

Like seriously, she's getting a waifu statue of her guys. I'm certain IS won't take a second glace at the system if she wins this "popularity" contest.

I'd certainly hope they're smart enough to judge popularity by scores sans multiplier (or if you prefer, just by the scores from the first hour).

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Given the salt levels, I think Ike vs Camilla will end up like the S!Corrin shitstomp. At least that's what I hope it will be.