Jump to content
Vaximillian

Tempest Trials: Moment of Fate!

Recommended Posts

Well I am at 41k and have fully leveled the BK and I am grinding SP with him since it is easy to that while raking in the points.  I love TT for training units since I get to do that and earn rewards and I am on track for reaching 100K as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Othin said:

Weird enemy movement is due to assists. If Raigh was acting that way, it's because he was using his Rally skill on the Black Knight.

 

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I think the AI always uses it's full movement if they only walk. If they have walls to break or assists to use it's a different story of course.

 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Raigh has Rally Atk. The AI loves spamming rallies.

But the thing is, Raigh never used it on the BK. Like BK would move towards my units first and then Raigh would only move 1 space. He could have used Rally Attack if he wanted to since he was in range but I never checked to see if he actually had Rally Attack but I feel like most units keep their assist skills if they started out with one. 

Quote

I think I've seen my units double reposition a unit (so A repositions X back, and B repositions X further back) on Auto battle. They won't do it with the same Rally of course, since that's meaningless.

For what it's worth, I was talking about Reposition in that case but I think it might have just been a coincidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

 

 

But the thing is, Raigh never used it on the BK. Like BK would move towards my units first and then Raigh would only move 1 space. He could have used Rally Attack if he wanted to since he was in range but I never checked to see if he actually had Rally Attack but I feel like most units keep their assist skills if they started out with one. 

For what it's worth, I was talking about Reposition in that case but I think it might have just been a coincidence.

All Raighs in TT have Rally Atk (or Rally Atk/Spd, iirc). If you don't think he was using it, you were probably just missing that he was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Othin said:

All Raighs in TT have Rally Atk (or Rally Atk/Spd, iirc). If you don't think he was using it, you were probably just missing that he was.

Either that or that particular Raigh could’ve had Hone Atk as his C passive and the AI was still trying to have him use his Rally even though he couldn’t. Aside from the AI just being weird or what you suggested, that’s only other possible explanation I can come up with.

Edit: And there’s nothing stopping redundancy like that from happening as I just got a Jakob with Fortify Res on top of his innate Rally Resistance. 

Edited by Tybrosion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zeo said:

I really wouldn't mind them at this point. They are a part of the general pool and the overall frustration of the Tempest has been vastly diluted by the daily bonuses, rewards and essentially +10 Bonus units.

Reintroducing Brave Heroes would be fine, but no one will lose any sleep over dancers being permanently left out of the pool. Dealing with them can be pure tedium on large maps or compositions with wide, overlapping danger zones. In addition, what is effectively a Ninian +7 with HP inflation can be difficult to even 2RKO at times, and that’s ignoring the fact that she can then warp all over the map and make enemy movement even less predictable.

Dancers in PvE content also behave differently from those in arena. Given the choice between attacking a unit or dancing an ally, the latter action now takes precedence. Baiting dancers is a very basic skill used frequently by players in arena, and I’m sure many of them were not happy to find it backfire on them horribly when they tried it in the TT.

8 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Now this one is back to the regular two weeks and I must admit its getting stale for me already. They should just make it last a week, not two. Two is way too long.

I miss the mini too. Hopefully one-week TT’s are more common or become the norm. With all the improvements this mode has gotten, repetitiveness is the one thing it has yet to fix.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the mini TT, I struggled to remain ranked in the top 50K scores until the day I finally collected the last orbs at 50000 points. I guess players were so eager since 50% of the time, you're just 2-3 runs away from either 1 or 3 orbs, and that's not even counting the bonus runs. But in this TT, my rank finally started climbing after collecting 5 star Black Knight, and at a faster rate once I got Panic Ploy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the heck. Something really lame just happened.

I had my 3x multiplier for today still so I decided to do a round of TT. I did the first map of seven and switched apps to text my friend something. I come back, the game starts up again, not giving me the option to begin where I left off, making me lose my multiplier.

I was going to try and get myself to 30,000 today but I'm not really feeling it anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

60k for today. I'm starting to slow down for now because I don't want a repeat of the Sonya TT where I got burned out and didn't reach 100k, what makes me sad is that I won't be able to get the orbs for a last try for Nephenee or improving Elincia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

60k for today. I'm starting to slow down for now because I don't want a repeat of the Sonya TT where I got burned out and didn't reach 100k, what makes me sad is that I won't be able to get the orbs for a last try for Nephenee or improving Elincia.

That banner is up for another 26 hours. Do you need every orb from the TT?

 

Is anyone here in the top 1000?  63,618 has me at rank 6,141.

I'm probably gonna make a big push tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Is anyone here in the top 1000?  63,618 has me at rank 6,141.

I'm probably gonna make a big push tonight.

I just broke 80,000 (score at 80,006) with my last run but that's still not good enough for the top 1K (at rank 1,702).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I just broke 80,000 (score at 80,006) with my last run but that's still not good enough for the top 1K (at rank 1,702).

Damn. That's nuts.

Hopefully it will be like other TTs and there will be a large drop off once people hit the final reward at 100k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Damn. That's nuts.

Hopefully it will be like other TTs and there will be a large drop off once people hit the final reward at 100k.

I at least want to land top 5k for 8k feathers. My current 65,659 is worth rank 5,245, barely not enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I at least want to land top 5k for 8k feathers. My current 65,659 is worth rank 5,245, barely not enough.

That was my goal too, but with my 57,840 I can't even reach top 5k (currently 10,378th). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to grind 9 more orbs out of the Tempest banner because I want an even 100 before the next banner starts. That meant another 25k points. I ended up pretty beat though, so I still need 4 more orbs, and basically another 9.5k points to go. I'll save it for later. I'm currently sitting at 75,478 which gets me a rank of 3,274. Mist maxed out HM, so I replaced her with Elise. Ike will probably be next, but I highly doubt I'll replace my core team since they're doing so well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, uh... wasn't paying close attention to my team, and went into tonight's first battle with my Arena Assault lead of Ike/Fae/Clair/B!Lyn. Still cleared A/A/1.4, but still... that was kind of embarassing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I, uh... wasn't paying close attention to my team, and went into tonight's first battle with my Arena Assault lead of Ike/Fae/Clair/B!Lyn. Still cleared A/A/1.4, but still... that was kind of embarassing.

That's less worse than to accidentally take the level 1 training tower squad into TT lunatic/7 like me (some TT in the past). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That's less worse than to accidentally take the level 1 training tower squad into TT lunatic/7 like me (some TT in the past). 

Oh man, I've done that before. I would've been gutted if I did that and it was a bonus round >.<

Thankfully, this was before they existed and I always triple check now during those rounds, especially. I've made the mistake of using a team without a bonus unit on a none bonus round, but that isn't as bad :)

11 hours ago, KongDude said:

What the heck. Something really lame just happened.

I had my 3x multiplier for today still so I decided to do a round of TT. I did the first map of seven and switched apps to text my friend something. I come back, the game starts up again, not giving me the option to begin where I left off, making me lose my multiplier.

I was going to try and get myself to 30,000 today but I'm not really feeling it anymore.

Ouch. My friend said that happened to him, too. I was hoping it's a one off, but apparently not :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hawk King said:

That banner is up for another 26 hours. Do you need every orb from the TT?

Well...The thing is that I'm kind of broke in terms of orbs. I've been doing the "get 13 orbs and pull" with no luck after getting 2 Oscars and there's not a lot of time to get the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Well...The thing is that I'm kind of broke in terms of orbs. I've been doing the "get 13 orbs and pull" with no luck after getting 2 Oscars and there's not a lot of time to get the rest.

Why 13? I always make sure I have at least 20 before pulling. You never know what you might end up with.

I understand the bad luck. I've gotten 4 Oscars and no Nephenees. And of the two Elincias I got the best one is +Atk -Spd. I really wanted to be able to do a Quad build.

I want to keep pulling on the banner but the new banner coming tomorrow looks to be more worth my orbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Why 13? I always make sure I have at least 20 before pulling. You never know what you might end up with.

I understand the bad luck. I've gotten 4 Oscars and no Nephenees. And of the two Elincias I got the best one is +Atk -Spd. I really wanted to be able to do a Quad build.

I want to keep pulling on the banner but the new banner coming tomorrow looks to be more worth my orbs.

Basically because I'm at the point my barracks are almost full all the time and I can't afford doing 5 summons, instead I snipe for colors and only focus on red/blue on this banner.

Same. I'm glad one of the Oscars had a good nature but it stings that it was the opposite of my Elincia (+Atk -Hp Oscar and +Hp -Atk Elincia).

I think I'm going to give up on this banner and save the rest of the trials orbs for the dancers, as it is I only have Olivia and having another 2/3 dancers would be very helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Basically because I'm at the point my barracks are almost full all the time and I can't afford doing 5 summons, instead I snipe for colors and only focus on red/blue on this banner.

Same. I'm glad one of the Oscars had a good nature but it stings that it was the opposite of my Elincia (+Atk -Hp Oscar and +Hp -Atk Elincia).

I think I'm going to give up on this banner and save the rest of the trials orbs for the dancers, as it is I only have Olivia and having another 2/3 dancers would be very helpful.

I only pulled red and blue for this banner too, but there is a chance that all 5 orbs are red and blue.

And that stinks for your Elincia. At least my +Atk -Spd can still work the same way as Cherche or Klein do with the Death blow skill. My 1st two Oscars came from the same pull and were both +Atk -Res which is great but I would have preferred +Spd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Oh man, I've done that before. I would've been gutted if I did that and it was a bonus round >.<

[...]

Best thing was that later I entered training tower with my TT team, but that's far less stamina wasted. 

On bonus rounds usually someone of my starter team dies an especially stupid death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Why 13? I always make sure I have at least 20 before pulling. You never know what you might end up with.

I pull at 17 if I'm hunting after I've eaten the month's budget. But that's mostly because if I do end up with all five orbs being the color I'm hunting, I can write off an orb purchase as part of the next month.

And then hope I remember to count it next month.

 

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Basically because I'm at the point my barracks are almost full all the time and I can't afford doing 5 summons, instead I snipe for colors and only focus on red/blue on this banner.

If your barracks is not at 1000/1000, you should just keep expanding your barracks. It costs 1 orb to add 5 slots, but a minimum of 20 orbs to fill those slots (not counting free units and free pulls).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...