Special Heroes: Performing Arts

SatsumaFSoysoy

10 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Just put that in an updated comment. Hones last through multiple turns until unit is interacted with or moves on a turn after the turn the buff was applied.

Debuffs are the only thing that always counts moving as an "action" even on the same turn.

Dude you are 100% wrong. Rallies and hones/fortifies are the exact same thing. Rallies are just activated by a command. They last through the player phase and enemy phase of that turn and are reset at the beginning of every player phase (enemy phase for the enemies.)

Debuffs go away when a character turns grey.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azura turned out to be a green dancer which means insta pull from my part. Inigo and Olivia seem pretty nice too (Inigo for his Reinhardt counter potential and Olivia because of her looks). I don't really care about Shigure, a blue mage doesn't offer anything to me because I have all the movement types but armor covered with Caeda, Corrin and Reinhardt.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Elincia has Hone Fliers on her. I moved her and ended her turn. The buff is still there:

Yes, that's what I keep saying.

Hones last UNTIL the unit either

A. Attacks an enemy or is attacked by an enemy.

B. Moves on a turn AFTER the turn the buff was applied on without having the buff reapplied.

It does not wear off at the end of turn.

BUT 

This also means it does not necessarily LAST until the end of turn. It wears off after your first attack, so if you refresh with a dancer AFTER attacking, you will not have the buffs.

35 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

And we can still cross our fingers for a Halloween banner :)

Sorry, but I just can't get my hopes up for this anymore. Especially since I also just remembered that Jugdral was predicted to be next anyway by the same leaker who predicted the mini Tempest and Elincia, Nephenee, and Oscar banner. And Black Knight as the Tempest reward.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, but I just can't get my hopes up for this anymore. Especially since I also just remembered that Jugdral was predicted to be next anyway by the same leaker who predicted the mini Tempest and Elincia, Nephenee, and Oscar banner. And Black Knight as the Tempest reward.

Monthly banner - Singers,

Half month banner - Jugdral

Next month banner (due on 30th, I think someone said?) - Halloween?

Anything's possible. I didn't expect there to be two summer banners, so they are very happy with flogging the specials.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm predicting that it'll be dancer banner now,  FE4 during mid-October and Halloween during the last couple days of October and some of November. So it's actually quite possible for IS to fit all of them. 

7 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Dude you are 100% wrong. Rallies and hones/fortifies are the exact same thing. Rallies are just activated by a command. They last through the player phase and enemy phase of that turn and are reset at the beginning of every player phase (enemy phase for the enemies.)

Debuffs go away when a character turns grey.

@Ice Dragon

UGHH>>>>

Tested it. You're right.

THAT MAKES NO SENSE, WHY DOES IT SAY THAT!!??!??!?!

SERIOUSLY, WHAT"S THE POINT OF THAT?!?!?!

Edited by dragonlordsd

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd personally argue that "being a brave weapon" is not a skill and that Dire Thunder simply got (rightly) gypped of having a bonus skill. Dire Thunder is -5 Atk relative to a legendary ranged weapon, and Amiti is -5 Atk relative to a legendary melee weapon.

As such Amiti has Speed +3, which is a single third-tier skill.

There are two ways to look at Dire Thunder and Amiti:

• They're based on silver weapons, like every other legendary weapon, and they have Atk and Spd penalties in exchange for the powerful brave effect. Amiti's penalties are smaller.
  • They're based on brave weapons rather than silver like the others, and their "skill" is stat bonuses on top of usual brave weapon stats. Amiti's bonuses are larger.

Either way you slice it, the conclusion is the same. Dire Thunder was already plenty powerful, while Amiti gets bonuses relative to it just because they wanted to turn up the heat. Amiti could perfectly well have had 10 Mt and -5 Spd and it wouldn't have seemed strange or underpowered at all.

Of which having only one or two of which would be absurdly weak.

That's not really relevant. Stacking three level 2 skills is something that makes sense for a post-CYL legendary weapon but not a pre-CYL one.

They all look solid to me.  I will try and pull for all of them.  If nothing else, I have another team for arena assaults.  Azura and Inigo are must gets for me as I am lacking in good green units.

contrary on popular beliefs, I don't think there's any powercreep in this banner, like, at all. I don't see Shigure being a better dancer than Ninian, Nor dagger Olivia being ever usefull apart from dance, Inigo is good because of his color, not because he was given op skills or weapons, and Azura legendary weapons is sure strong, but if she keeps the same stat spread of normal azura imho she's cool. Since, well, normal azura statspread is quite subpar and gets saved by sapphire lance + fury. 

Edited by Asumi

5 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

@Ice Dragon

UGHH>>>>

Tested it. You're right.

THAT MAKES NO SENSE, WHY DOES IT SAY THAT!!??!??!?!

SERIOUSLY, WHAT"S THE POINT OF THAT?!?!?!

Haha, how long have you been playing this game for? I was so ready to slap you upside the head.

So based on the trailer, Azura seems to have a ridiculously low amount of HP. I realize she could be at any level but still. I really want to know what these characters stat spreads are.

11 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Haha, how long have you been playing this game for? I was so ready to slap you upside the head.

So based on the trailer, Azura seems to have a ridiculously low amount of HP. I realize she could be at any level but still. I really want to know what these characters stat spreads are.

Lol, Week 1. I am admonished. I have not used blade tome, and mostly rely on spurs... shameful.

But yeah, it's really hard to tell Azura's level.

She hits for 48. Uror gives 16 mt, so, she's looking at... 

(x+16)+((x+16)*.4)=48

18... ish?

At minimum. More than likely the enemy has at least  >10 def.

28, maybe more attack.

So, I'd say, around level 30?

If so, that is VERY low hp. Math may be wrong though.

Edited by dragonlordsd

51 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I don't think you understood my point. Yes, there is a free dancer, and yes there other two dancers, but tell me, are they ranged? Is any of them green? Do they have a legendary weapon that can buff all stats? No! The new units from this banner can do things that the regular dancer can't! That's why people want them! Not because they can just dance, but because of the other roles they can fill, allowing them to fufill many roles at once! 

At this point she's just throwing a tantrum.

There are no gameplay reasons why one would limit themselves from pulling from this dancer festival banner.

And much more people on Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit than here in SF are excited for the units for varying reasons.

Edit: As a side note... Is my avy not working correctly? I'm on mobile and my setting is "sync with discord". It shows up as a white square for me. Instead of my Eli cat and Belinda's Au'Ra Ninian ffxiv characters.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Lol, Week 1. I am admonished. I have not used blade tome, and mostly rely on spurs... shameful.

But yeah, it's really hard to tell Azura's level.

She hits for 48. Uror gives 16 mt, so, she's looking at... 

(x+16)+((x+16)*.4)=48

At minimum. More than likely the enemy has at least  >10 def.

I used Sharena a lot so I got very familiar with her Fortify Def and Rally Atk.

Upon watching again, I noticed she is missing HP. Like 5-8. 

If her stat spread is similar to her normal version's just with a few points of HP taken away and distributed on other stats she could be really good.

Well, they sure threw a curveball here. This has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween but that isn't really a dealbreaker for me.

I really want Azura and Olivia, but I don't care about Inigo or Shigure. Sucks that Inigo is in the same pool as Azura. I finally have an excuse to pull in coloress and I hope I can get something like Niles, Matthew, and Klein along the way for fodder.

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

If her stat spread is similar to her normal version's just with a few points of HP taken away and distributed on other stats she could be really good.

Just saw that too.

She definitely has less than 31 hp, as her hp doesn't extend to the second line. But your theory looks the most likely.

She has 19 hp in the final seconds of the clip (likely normal difficulty), as does Shigure. Both Inigo and Olivia have 18.

Edited by dragonlordsd

I'll be trying for all.  It's a special banner, but it doesn't seem as gimmicky as a Halloween would have been, and we get a new character.

Hopefully, I can keep my streak of not spending any money going.  It's been over a month for me.  I think Nohrian Summer was the last one I spent on.

Priority pull list:

(First) Azura: green melee with unique weapon with awesome secondary effect 

Inigo: Reinhardt counter; also green 

Shigure: Singing Blue Tome Valor bot 

(Last) Olivia: stuck in colorless hell

16 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I don't know about that. I mean vanilla version has gem weapon and nice resistance. That makes her virtually quite bulky and can bait and outduel any red. In other hand. In other hand purely offensive dancer is much less convenient, especially if you want use her as buff bot too... 

Azure/Inigo has built in Breath of Life 3 on his tome.

Breath of Life 3 + Dance = 14 HP healer

Linde has built in Breath of Life 2 on Aura.

Breath of Life 3 + Breath of Life 1 Seal = 15 HP healer + Desperation Nuke with a Dancer

LMAO

This will be fun. Even if not meta.

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Azure/Inigo has built in Breath of Life 3 on his tome.

Breath of Life 3 + Dance = 14 HP healer

Linde has built in Breath of Life 2 on Aura.

Breath of Life 3 + Breath of Life 1 Seal = 15 HP healer + Desperation Nuke with a Dancer

LMAO

This will be fun. Even if not meta.

As long as you don’t let Inigo or Linde heal each other, it seems pretty great actually.

Green and Blue are great to have as ranged options, and the green doubles as a Dancer which gives you more flexibility with your other two slots. A red dragon like Adult Tiki or Lightning Breath Young Tiki can handle Brave Lyn and you can throw on a Physical X unit to round it out.

1 hour ago, Asumi said:

contrary on popular beliefs, I don't think there's any powercreep in this banner, like, at all. I don't see Shigure being a better dancer than Ninian, Nor dagger Olivia being ever usefull apart from dance, Inigo is good because of his color, not because he was given op skills or weapons, and Azura legendary weapons is sure strong, but if she keeps the same stat spread of normal azura imho she's cool. Since, well, normal azura statspread is quite subpar and gets saved by sapphire lance + fury. 

I am not sure about Azura being not powercreeped. Does her fury3 buff stack?

2 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

I am not sure about Azura being not powercreeped. Does her fury3 buff stack?

It doesn’t. They’re both different colors anyway so Azura Alter doesn’t take a space that normal Azura would have occupied instead.

With positioning skills becoming preferred over Dance by a large margin, I don’t see the harm in making better Dance units.