Kemono Friends Mafia - Game Over

Prims

27 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Er...... what you're doing. That's why I voted you!

And Rapier's remark still really sticks with me

Just cause it seems like he's speaking from scum perspective

Yep

It was a joke, but it was made after we got our rolls, so it just seemed scummy to me

I can't remember exactly what I said, but the main person I was thinking of was Capps, with Magnificence Shinori and Rapier being people who I thought we should pay attention to

I wanted to be a bit more subtle... perhaps I was too subtle to the point it was suspicious, but my thought process was

"Hey I think we should look at this Shinori person but Capps is looking shady to me as well"

by making a remark about he Rapier and Magnificence being silent (him especially imo)

I just wanted to speak up, but I also didn't want to say "heh what Rapier said", since Rapier kinda already said what I noticed as I went back too

My main point on Capps was that whole sharing tells thing

Maybe I should've stressed that more? O.o

What I'm doing is the most scummy thing? What exactly is that? What am I doing that is the 100% most scummy thing in this game?  Not being around for the first day? There's a couple of other people that were absent for a large period of time as well. There have also been some people around that have been posting but not actually posted content unlike myself which one could say is more scummy than just being inactive.

What about inactive the first day makes me scummy? Or is there something else that makes me scum?  You have to put more thought and effort into this. I've asked this twice now, Why is not being here for the first part of the day scummy?  you also ignored everything else in my post that I asked you so I would appreciate it if you would actually take the time to answer my questions, cause at the moment this is you right now:

"Gosh, I think Rapier is scum, also here's a big post about how Greencapps is scummy.  He's been doing a bunch of scummy things like this and that.  But realistically, fuck this one guy who only made one post, he wasn't around for the first part of the day so I feel like he's scum.  Also to be frank I actually agreed with some of his points."

I just want to know your thought process behind all of this.  So if you could please answer my questions so I can fulfill my read on you.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

In regards to your query Not!Arcanite, I thought the part about your face was just a joke thrown in at the end of a serious post. I like to do it such as having examinations of myself in list posts even though the rest of the post is serious and I read his post in the same manner 

Jeez I think I have new nickname.

I generally see what mean now that I go back and read the original post which was

On 10/21/2017 at 5:31 AM, Bartozio said:

Alright, seems like a lot has already been said here, without anything really having been said...

To add some arguments to the table:

This is something only scum could do, since a townie would be focussing on gathering information on other people to much to forget said other people exist...

I'd vote him, but I have an even better case, so FoS I think it's called?

On to Mackc2:

So the Heroes game was the first mafia game for both of us, and neither of us was scum there. Assuming 3 out of 13 people are scum in both games (it was in the last game, I'm assuming it's the same here), that means the expectation is that exactly one of us is scum in exactly one game. With neither of us being scum in the last game and me not being scum in this one, it means math tells us he is scum right now.

##Vote: Mackc2

Finally, we have Anime27arts. I mean, just look at face, she's obviously super scummy! I've also heard from reliable sources that she's always scum.

So with that, I have this game all figured out. Can we just hurry up and lynch all of them so we don't have to read all these shitposts anymore?

At the time, I took absolutely all of it as a joke  but after re-reading it again today, I see where it can be taken as something more serious in a certain light, especially if I were in said situation.  So 

## Unvote

You are not my most suspicious player for the moment.

18 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Just woke up, let's explain.

@Bartozio, Greencapps I feel, has an untownly reaction to rapier's vote, but it's nothing too bad, I don't think he's that suspicious. Him taking the opening votes seriously is strange, but that is not enough to make me think he is scum. Mack2 I do find a bit more suspicious because he was taking things very serious when things are clearly supposed to be a joke. He's also throwing out a lotta votes, which is not to my liking. It makes him less believable in my book.

## Unvote

## Vote: Mack2

Mack's thrown out a lot of votes?  Since when?  I went back and read through all of the posts thus far and he has only changed vote through, correct me if I'm wrong, 3 people at the time and overall.  One was the very first post of the game, trying to start us, one to show others we can switch votes and then one actual 'serious vote' and you have had 2 different votes yourself in the entire span of this game.  Greencapps voted 4 times, correct me if I'm wrong, before this post was made, which is more than Mack's 3.  What I'm getting is the reason you are voting Mack over Capps is

1. He has thrown out a lot of votes - Greencapps has made more votes than Mack
  2. He took a joke seriously - Something Greencapps also did by taking everyone's jokes and joke votes very seriously the first page or so.  

Both of these reasons you pointed out for choosing Mack over Green are not very valid.  Unless I've missed something there was no reason for you to vote Mack over Green at all, unless you have some kind of gut feeling you did not explain to us.

Your posts have been very limited and very shot to the point I could count your posts on my hands and if I wrote down every word you said in this game it would all fit on my small hand.  So far all I know about you is

1. You are not very thorough with your few posts 
  2. You answer when accused most of the time
  3. You have been lynched Day 1 in the last 3, correctly me if I'm wrong, games of mafia you've played, though with this style of play, I can kind of see why

## Vote Michelaar

Explain to me your reasoning behind your Mack vote and try to add something to this game.  Because if you really are town, sitting on the side lines isn't going to help us at all, but it's going to simply get us all killed one by one.

1 hour ago, Prims said:

Are people factoring in that this is only my first game and I have no idea what I'm doing ;-;

Saying this really doesn't help your case Arc. People like action not excuses and so far you're kinda just poorly defending yourself and not contributing anything useful.

I'm not going to change my vote yet, to avoid a hammer, but unless we find someone more likely, I'm going to vote for you.

Seriously, if you are town put in some effort to show it.

37 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Something Greencapps also did by taking everyone's jokes and joke votes very seriously the first page or so.  

It was one vote!

Holy crap I'm not that dense!

7 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Tbh I feel like I'm townreading too many people in this game.

Who are you town reading exactly?

Sorry for the triple post I just keep on realizing I have more to say.

1 hour ago, Prims said:

@Arcanite: Reminder not to edit your posts in a mafia game.

My apologies 

2 hours ago, Shinori said:

1. So you believe I'm the most scummy player currently solely because I didn't post much in the first day and a half?  I could expect it if you were voting me because you wanted me to post more but from the way you say it it seems like you think not posting is truly just scum activity. 2. You don't have any other scum reads that beat out just an inactivity null read? I say null read because generally lynching someone who's inactive doesn't give any information. 3. Who are your other scum reads? 4. If you weren't voting me who would you want to see lynched? 

5. What do you think is the most scummy thing a player has done this game?

1. Yes... I can't remember when or who, but someone mentioned that playing passively is scummy, and that really stuck to me. And at the time I voted you you didn't say much and nobody really acknowledged you that much iirc

2. Not..... particularly. I have the general idea that you're supposed to try to not act suspicious and you just seemed to be acting suspicious.

3. Rapier you and Capps

4. Rapier

5. Answered! 

55 minutes ago, Shinori said:

6. What I'm doing is the most scummy thing? 7. What exactly is that? 8. What am I doing that is the 100% most scummy thing in this game? 9. Not being around for the first day? There's a couple of other people that were absent for a large period of time as well. There have also been some people around that have been posting but not actually posted content unlike myself which one could say is more scummy than just being inactive.

10. What about inactive the first day makes me scummy? 11. Or is there something else that makes me scum?  You have to put more thought and effort into this. I've asked this twice now, 12. Why is not being here for the first part of the day scummy?  you also ignored everything else in my post that I asked you so I would appreciate it if you would actually take the time to answer my questions, cause at the moment this is you right now:

"Gosh, I think Rapier is scum, also here's a big post about how Greencapps is scummy.  He's been doing a bunch of scummy things like this and that.  But realistically, fuck this one guy who only made one post, he wasn't around for the first part of the day so I feel like he's scum.  Also to be frank I actually agreed with some of his points."

I just want to know your thought process behind all of this.  So if you could please answer my questions so I can fulfill my read on you.

6. Yes

7&8. You're.... not doing anything

I mean now you're doing something!

9. Not that in particular..... but that's part of it

10. No excuse. No "was busy". No "IRL stuff sorry". Just "post content n bye"

Maybe I'm over complicating it,

But you came out of nowhere, said some sound stuff, then disappeared. I think maybe because what you said made sense no one really... called you out. Because there was nothing to call you out for. The only post you made thus far was content, so to speak. And nothing you said seemed particularly scummy....

Perfect way to keep your cover

12. Isn't this the same as 9

There! 

No one commented on it probably as I'm known for playing video games a lot and not being the most frequent of posters.  I'm still confused as to how I've done nothing. I've gotten reactions and information from multiple people this game. *Shrug*

I'm gonna think on this a bit.

29 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

It was one vote!

Holy crap I'm not that dense!

I'm aware it was. Mack also took one joke seriously though he has the hot seat from Michelaar and not you at all. He said he didn't find you suspicious for the reasons he found Mack suspicious even though you both have had a few similar behaviors.  

4 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Speaking of, now that she it seems active,

-_-

I explained the answer to your question here

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I can't remember exactly what I said, but the main person I was thinking of was Capps, with Magnificence Shinori and Rapier being people who I thought we should pay attention to

7 hours ago, SB. said:

Looking into the Bartozio and Greencapps' interactions more closely is kind of interesting. At a first glance Capps' vote is awful and overly defensive, but looking into content Capps had already moved on from non-voting, and passive is the last word I would use to describe him. Actually reading this slot is a headache. If you're town, we can't all read your role pm. Not everyone who accuses you will be mafia.

Bartozio's side though actually makes me like him even less though. He kind of admits that his vote doesn't have much ground to stand on after one of Capps' points, but I feel like a total shift in cases on the same player in such a short period of time is kind of weird. It feels like he keeps trying too hard to hold his vote down, especially in the last line of this post. "This could be a playstyle thing, but you COULD also be mafia anyway" is what this reads like to me and it doesn't look like real scumhunting. He has since unvoted Capps for Arcanite with a similar style of reason for unvoting which is wack.

Marth's first vote sucks. It feels too focused on semantics to reasonably be his strongest scumread by eight pages in. I think his townreads are alright but ultimately it feels like he should have more meat to his posts than what he's shown so far. I can't believe that I'm agreeing with Rapier on a case.

Arcanite makes my head hurt. I was going to say that their play doesn't make enough sense to be mafia, but I almost feel like it doesn't make sense in general. The fact that they were able to back up the whole "I have a read that I'm not saying" so quickly with a decent amount of detail is a point in their favour though, even if I don't agree with it.

Gonna start with this post and type a series of posts again.

This post feels non-committal wrt the read on Greencaps and Arcanite. I feel like I've been thrown off by the whole "GC and Bart have interesting interactions" because you don't say anything about the interactions being relevant to GC's alignment in the same post. I guess I didn't like the fact that you said their interactions were 'interesting' since that's the kind of wording that usually comes from scum but I'm nitpicking at this point. I definitely agree with your Bartozio case and would sheep though; the last line really comes across as waffly and feels like he wants to stick his vote there. 

Why do you think my vote on Rex is based on semantics though? I've voted him for similar reasons; the line that I was referring to read like he felt bad about voting Arcanite but kept his vote there anyway and that feels forceful. He hasn't said much other than about Arcanite so is there anything else that doesn't make this seem as scummy? Even if they're good friends this could still be one of those times where scum just wants an easy vote.

Yeah I don't know if people didn't understand why I voted Rex but basically  I feel like that's a slip and the wording is likely to come from scum. I also think this is the best reason to vote him along with parroting other people's reasons for scumreading Arcanite. I disagree with the whole "He voted Marth and kept it there until he came in thread, then vanished"  as a reason to scumread him tbh. There isn't any point in voting someone for lack of content most of the time because a)This is D1 and b)Everyone keeps using the same reason to vote each other and it ends up being a pointless cycle c)Because this is D1 most cases are going to be weak compared to your average case in the following phases.

I really like animearts' case on Michelaar even though I disagree with it because meta.  The case is logically sound with respect to what she's having issues with, but Michelaar reading Mack as throwing a lot of votes instead of one vote doesn't necessarily point towards him being scum, as town can easily misread the thread as well. The case makes me feel better about her slot though. Michelaar really needs to come back in and say things, though.

Back, but I have a stomachache and I'm really tired, don't expect me to really exist in this game for a few hours. I'll try to post before I go to bed though.

Arcanite's suspicion on how Shinori is the scummiest player because he was not active is ... not good. Yeah, I don't expect Arcanite to know that Shinori doesn't really post a whole lot on average in mafia games, but the whole "you weren't active a lot" thing isn't a scum tell. On the contrary, picking on the less active and not looking at more active thing seems like a bit of a lazy way to paint someone as scum. In a way, Arcanite's scum hunting seems ... lazy.

I'm honestly not feeling any better about Arcanite after his Shinori vote. There's lots of talk about a green scumread and then you vote Shinori for being less active?

I can't really give a read on DB because he hasn't posted a lot.

Tbh I feel like Arc/Rex/Bart are equally scummy and Idk where to put my vote at atm.  I'm scumreading Rex/Bart for the same reason(it feels like they're forcing their votes and their wording is bad) but Arc's actions make no sense coming from town. I feel like after my posts I should be voting Bart though since it feels stronger? 

My strongest townreads are Shinori and Rapier.

On 10/22/2017 at 12:02 AM, Sunwoo said:

Glacies, Arcanite: feels too non-committal, especially Glacies, should just give thoughts instead of insisting that they're going to wait for everyone to respond first. People will respond when they do. Right now I'm giving it a bit of a pass, but I expect this to stop being a thing by later phases

My non-response isn't something about the game - it's simply a matter of my own character. I tend to withhold opinions on things until I have finished them. For instance, video games. I won't have an opinion on a game, no matter how good or bad it seems, until the end. I wish to know all the variables before deciding whether or not I like it, and even at that it may take me a couple of days to formulate an opinion. This attitude had transitioned to this Mafia game, where I was unwilling to say anything until I know all the variables i.e. everyone showed up and I could see what everyone brings to the table.

That said, I see now that this attitude is not right for this game, and thus I will try not to do this as much as possible.

12 hours ago, Rapier said:

Also, I find Rex Glacies' attitude strange. Were you truly willing to wait 48 hours until Marth was possibly modkilled so, in the remaining 5 hours prior to the end phase, you'd share your reasoning with us and help with the game?

I hope my above statement explains my actions. If not, I can assure you that I was willing to make statements eventually; time was and is simply a problem.

16 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Rex Glacies: He started of by saying he'd give his reads when Marth posted, and when Marth finally posts he's saying he doesn't have much time right now but he'll be more active during D2? This kind of rubs me the wrong way, and it really sounds like a reason to stay on the sidelines for as long as possible.

I hope my relative inactivity on this forum over the past few days is evidence enough of my failure to post? I truly am sorry for not being on here more often; I simply have to have higher priorities for the time being.

I've only managed to skim a bit, but here's some thoughts:

Arcanite - I highly distrust them. After their recent comments on why they're voting Shinori it basically amounted to "You're scum because you don't post!" By that logic, shouldn't that mean that Michalaar, Mackc2, and/or Magnificence are scum as well? Or even myself? We've all had periods of inactivity. What puts Shinori as a higher priority than the others?

Greencaps - Vague suspicions in that he was commonly justifying his actions by referencing other games from other forums. However, I am willing to think he is simply adjusting to this forum, so I don't have a large scumread from him right now.

Magnificence - His vote on me doesn't make much sense. A Freudian slip? Parroting other people? I mean, what's to say I didn't come up with my accusations on my own; but they simply are the same as others because that's still the greatest reason for voting Arcanite?

I'm afraid I don't have many thoughts on other people. I'll be observing and coming up with them in the future, hopefully.

3 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

Jeez I think I have new nickname.

I generally see what mean now that I go back and read the original post which was

At the time, I took absolutely all of it as a joke  but after re-reading it again today, I see where it can be taken as something more serious in a certain light, especially if I were in said situation.  So 

## Unvote

You are not my most suspicious player for the moment.

Mack's thrown out a lot of votes?  Since when?  I went back and read through all of the posts thus far and he has only changed vote through, correct me if I'm wrong, 3 people at the time and overall.  One was the very first post of the game, trying to start us, one to show others we can switch votes and then one actual 'serious vote' and you have had 2 different votes yourself in the entire span of this game.  Greencapps voted 4 times, correct me if I'm wrong, before this post was made, which is more than Mack's 3.  What I'm getting is the reason you are voting Mack over Capps is

1. He has thrown out a lot of votes - Greencapps has made more votes than Mack
  2. He took a joke seriously - Something Greencapps also did by taking everyone's jokes and joke votes very seriously the first page or so.  

Both of these reasons you pointed out for choosing Mack over Green are not very valid.  Unless I've missed something there was no reason for you to vote Mack over Green at all, unless you have some kind of gut feeling you did not explain to us.

Your posts have been very limited and very shot to the point I could count your posts on my hands and if I wrote down every word you said in this game it would all fit on my small hand.  So far all I know about you is

1. You are not very thorough with your few posts 
  2. You answer when accused most of the time
  3. You have been lynched Day 1 in the last 3, correctly me if I'm wrong, games of mafia you've played, though with this style of play, I can kind of see why

## Vote Michelaar

Explain to me your reasoning behind your Mack vote and try to add something to this game.  Because if you really are town, sitting on the side lines isn't going to help us at all, but it's going to simply get us all killed one by one.

Uhm, 3 times is still a lot. And he doesn't explain himself well at all. Frankly, your reasons for voting me are understandable, but I've said what I wanted to say in my previous posts. I didn't feel like I needed to add something extra. Before you ask why I didn't react to your vote on me earlier, it's called sleep. And yes I answer when accused, but I try to make the most of those posts. And maybe i'm not thorough with my posts, but i'm not very good at that sort of thing.

@marth, Greencapps is a tough read which is why I don't have one. I went from scum to town to ??? over the course of the last day before that post while I wasn't fully reading it and finishing it made me feel more confused on the slot than I started. Right now I'd lean closer to town but I feel like he's a tough read before we get to see any interactions. Arcanite is a dumpster fire but my sentiments were probably wouldn't lynch there at that point (although recent posts are making me consider changing my mind).

Anime's point #3 in her Michaelar vote is weird to see. It's a weird detail for her to pick out imo and saying it kind of softens a vote that I was otherwise okay with.

I'm growing a little more comfortable with the Arcanite lynch based on their recent response to Shinori. It doesn't feel like they have a leg to stand on with their vote, but they're unreasonably stubborn with it. I feel like town would be more likely to step back when their arguments are dismantled by so many people, or try and convince others to take their side but idk. I don't think Arcanite is doing that at all so I'm starting to grow wary of them.

Just realised that I missed the semantics part of Marf's response but I gotta get to class. Cya nerds.

Want to fix my vote now that I am back,
##Unvote
A few things stood out to me on a scim read, First is Arcanites comments seem to match more with floundering scum, i think we've got her it and they don't know what to do, not voting her yet though because she is close to hammer will change that near phrase end. 
Rex seems very Non-committal but I'm not sure if thats just busy or busy as a nice scum excuse.
The few times the red knight Michellar has talked they have either brought up a point that has been talked to death, they aren't adding anything new to the conversation which I find sus also since I know I'm town all his grilling of me of course makes me sus of him. 
More to come later once I get back 

49 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Want to fix my vote now that I am back,
##Unvote
A few things stood out to me on a scim read, First is Arcanites comments seem to match more with floundering scum, i think we've got her it and they don't know what to do, not voting her yet though because she is close to hammer will change that near phrase end. 
Rex seems very Non-committal but I'm not sure if thats just busy or busy as a nice scum excuse.
The few times the red knight Michellar has talked they have either brought up a point that has been talked to death, they aren't adding anything new to the conversation which I find sus also since I know I'm town all his grilling of me of course makes me sus of him. 
More to come later once I get back 

I'm suspicious to you since I suspect you, is what you're saying? That just seems stupid. And I don't see you bringing much to the table either. You are literally saying what everyone else has said.

7 hours ago, Arcanite said:

-_-

I explained the answer to your question here

Thanks, I at least understand what your reasonings are now.

Honestly though, I feel like Arc's contributions have been very minimal, even compared to other new players. I'm fine with lynching them.

5 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

I hope my relative inactivity on this forum over the past few days is evidence enough of my failure to post? I truly am sorry for not being on here more often; I simply have to have higher priorities for the time being.

Honestly, the statement about you being busy for a few days wouldn't bother me to much on it's own, but it coming after you've been holding of on voting before evryone has posted makes it come off as a lot worse then it would have done otherwise.

I don't see much point in pressuring someone who's inactive though, and I suspect Arc more.

I'm going to be busy for the next few hours, but I'll make sure to come back before the end of the phase.

Day 1.6 - Votals
rock_hyrax_whiskers.jpg

Arcanite (3) - Sunwoo, Rex Glacies, Bartozio
Bartozio (2) - SB., Greencapps
Greencapps (1) - DefaultBeep
Mackc2 (1) - Michelaar
Magnificence Incarnate (1) - Rapier
Michelaar (1) - Anime27arts
Rex Glacies (1) - Magnificence Incarnate
Shinori (1) - Arcanite
Sunwoo (1) - Shinori

Not Voting (1): Mackc2

You have 13 hours left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. For Day 1 only, the player with the most votes will be lynched (no hammer required).