Kemono Friends Mafia - Game Over

Prims

3 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Dammit call me out on my punctuation again and I might decide to vote you.
I am saying I understand their actions because I performed similar actions in my first game, they are scummy actions and Arcanite should reveal their thinking however I don't think she it is scummy for making those actions more it say newb town to me.

Hmm... this is reasonable. Regardless, I would like to see Arcanite's opinion on the matter before I change votes.

5 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

Still the fact that you waited this long to speak but criticized Arc for doing something similar is hypocritical. Not necessarily scummy but certainly hypocritical.

Pardon? When did I criticize Arcanite for taking too long?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was JUST about to post and there are two new posts.

Alright, I'll be posting a stream of posts instead of walls because fuck SF and wallposting.

I honestly didn't like page 2 in this game. Everyone was shitposting and that would be the perfect time for scum to post and hide under all the jokes.I feel like AItsrcanite or Animearts are likely to be scum. Like what Rapier pointed out in page 6, Arcanite has shown to be aware of what's going on in the game but hasn't added any weight to their vote or thoughts. I'd vote here but there's already a wagon so...

##Vote:Rex Glacies

Voting late on the wagon is one thing, but the whole "I'm sorry I have to do this, but..." really sounds bad to me. 

2 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Oh wow, there isn't a wagon on Arc yet. GG. Rex, explain yourself.

Yea if anything the wagon would be on me. 

If you're targeting late wagoners then you should be talking to Beep.

1 minute ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Outside Contact. Where you can communicate privately outside the thread.

Yea though I'd assume the mafians still do that here too?

Also does that have anything to do with D1 lynchings cause that's what's really throwing me off. I can deal with no PMs.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Anime, do you not have opinions of anyone currently in the game at all? Right now, we are already on page 6. People have shown up and said stuff, so you go after the one person who hasn't shown up yet?

3 hours ago, Rapier said:

Why couldn't Mackc2 be trying to fix a blunder by saying it was a mistake? He could be scum trying to look good after slipping.

What do you think of Green right now? Maybe you said so earlier, but I don't remember right now if you rectified your position on him.

Also, why go for Marth (Magn....) when you could go for what seems to be your main read (Mack)? If you're willing to vote Greencapps under pressure to vote for someone, then jokes about voting Marth, what about Mack?

You both are asking similar things so I'm going to try to tie it all into one answer. If i forget a certain point of this that you want to know I'll gladly answer, I just have low battery life right now.

I wasn't going for Marth specifically.  I voted him as a joke and proceeded to unvote him. I was mainly just trying to get his attention and show him we started incase he forgot. I'm starting to realize that now isn't the thread for jokes so I'm going to cut it out. 

I really don't like voting before giving people a chance to explain, note in my first post asking about Green and Mack I  didn't vote because I wanted them to answer first. After I went back and read I saw Macks post which threw a little suspicion off of him but I wasn't done with Mack after that just at said point he had more in his favor than Green did.  I voted Green at the time because he was my biggest lead and I felt like I needed to start contributing more to voting.  I prefer to let them speak before I vote but I realize now that style isn't  helping at all though.  So I'm going to try to change this a bit. After Greencapps posted about him on threads, I took away my vote though he didn't leave my suspect list.  After that my posts weren't too in depth and were more responsive because I was trying to play and do work at the same time, which I discovered is also an awful idea.  So when I finished up I saw you guys asking why I hadn't continued to persue Mack and the honest answer is I was busy and when I did get back to him it was I  the answer first vote later style previously stated.

Current thoughts...

Arcanite - you've been quiet about actual game play but now have claim that you aren't actually making. Go on and make the claim so we can see a thought process 

Bartozio - really jumped on Capps' train hard and I understand it was partially because he thought you were the wrong person and accusing you of different things you seemed to lash back just as hard.  

Beep - You really aren't adding to the conversation much at all.  I get you are trying to be nice and not step on toes which is fine but here you need to push people and investigate otherwise the mafia is just going to slip under our nose.

Capps - I understand being voted for puts pressure on you but you really lashed out while defending yourself and it seemed like a possible moment of scum cracking under pressure. Or just someone not wanting the hammer day 1

Glacies - I know personal things come up and i hope everything is okay for you but you've contributed little to none and your vote that you still haven't changed is based on a joke which is weird.

Mack - I completely understand where you are coming from but wasn't the whole point over my face being scummy a big red flag saying hey this is a joke! I know reading the entire message I thought it was silly just how the logic randomly thrown together into it so I was confused on how that could be taken seriously in such a silly context. 

Marth - absent from game mainly 

Michelaar - They've been on and off and so scarce that I don't have much on them and that seems to be a trend for them in these mafia games.  Its not really scummy i just dont like the play style 

Rapier- seems pretty town to me and wants to figure this out. This is the kind of investigator I tried to be and failed at. Seems beneficial to stay for the good of the town.

SB - really short posts and i haven't looked at the too much in depth. They will disappearing for a 24hr so by the time they are back I'll have something better 

Sunwoo - seems to be trying to get to the bottom of this too but easily throws votes around and it seems they are really trying to encourage people to interact vote and throw things to a wall and see what sticks. Seems to be townish otherwise why would they help newbies so much 

Right my vote is going for ##Mackc2 until I can completely wrap my mind around your thought process behind this. It just doesn't make sense right now though that could be due to lack of sleep 

In regards to your query Not!Arcanite, I thought the part about your face was just a joke thrown in at the end of a serious post. I like to do it such as having examinations of myself in list posts even though the rest of the post is serious and I read his post in the same manner 

Right, GC NOC is what you're not used to, got it.

I'd rather not lynch GC today because I'm p sure Prims told me before game start that GC was not very experienced with NOC so his play lines up with that. Also, even though he isn't really pushing lynches well, he's pretty active in discussion. The only thing that troubles me is the whole "I'm very experienced" only to fail bring a lot to the table, ehich gives me Scum!Michelaar flashbacks from the last game. I wouldn't push a lynch here today.

Speaking of Michelaar, he's likely to be town, given his opening vote and posts. As scum, he wasn't even capable of giving opinions on other players in the last game until people stacked votes on him and pressurized him. So I wouldn't lynch him today either.

18 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I understand it was partially because he thought you were the wrong person

I don't really think that has anything to do with it. Am I wrong?

Actually kinda reminds me @Bartozio for a guy who disliked my lack of throwing votes around you kinda jut disappeared and haven't changed your vote at all since me. 

God I wish SB. would show up to defend himself cause there are so many people I want to accuse.

9 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I'm very experienced

Yea perhaps I talked a little to big of a talk. I didn't fully understand the format and it's kinda made me fall flat on my face. I feel like I'm starting to get some sort of footing now though.

Also Green or Capps is good if you want to abbreviate my name. Not that GC is particularly bad just not my preferred nickname.

1 hour ago, Greencapps said:

Oh whoops.

Must have missed that.

It's all for grammar and formatting changes.

I'll stop that.

No worries, just figured I'd mention it.

They literally haven't given us any reasoning at all. I don't see how you arrived to this.

Not the reasoning for who they voted for, but the reason why they kept the vote for so long. Their reasoning for keeping the vote, at least from how I read it, was "There's someone else that I think might be more scummy, but I want to wait and observe some more before deciding, so I won't bother changing my vote yet." That's pretty much the exact reason why I kept my vote for Mackc2; someone seemed slightly scummy at first, other people started looking more scummy, but not quite enough to warrant a full change in vote.

What's with the sudden change of tune on me? One moment you find me consistent the next I'm the opposite?

What gives?

I assume you mean in relation to this post? If not, let me know, because I don't remember mentioning you after this post, except when I responded to calling you Green, which doesn't have much relevance otherwise as far as I can tell.

Anyway, part of it is reading and agreeing with some of the others who have brought you up, such as Sunwoo and Rapier. However, before I get accused of just following them, I'll explain my own reasoning, since I actually wasn't going to vote for you before going back and rereading the thread.

I never technically said that you were consistent in that post, or rather, I didn't say that you were consistent across your posts here specifically. The aggressive playstyle lines up with the link you gave me before, but the way in which you've been aggressive has been off to me. Especially considering your first post, where you said that first day lynching without evidence seemed like a waste, then just a few posts later you jump on Arcanite and SB. for very circumstantial evidence. You did say that it wasn't enough to vote yet, but then on page 3, with no new evidence that I can find, you decide to vote for SB., because "It was either him or Arc and I like Arc." Could be pressure from Sunwoo who said that even random voting could be good, which you seem to admit to on page 5, but it seems like an odd change in tune for someone experienced with Mafia.

Speaking of your Mafia experience, you've been very inconsistent in how you've presented it. On page 1, you boasted your experience in response to a post by SB. that I'm pretty sure wasn't even directed at you. The first part of his post sure, but the second was almost definitely directed to players like myself and Arcanite. That seems to me like a somewhat panicked attempt to cover yourself early, when there wasn't anything to cover yourself from at the time. You kept that level of confidence for the next few pages, even giving out links to prove your experience and playstyle (which again, shouldn't even be that different between your Town and Mafia examples if you can play a convincing Mafia). On page 5 (the same page where you provided such links), you switch your vote to Bartozio because his vote for you "Sounds like scum trying to take out a high level player." No other explanation other than admitting to going for more random votes, but I don't see how that post was even supposed to elicit a response from Bartozio, other than just your vote by itself. And again, your willingness to shift gears and throw out random votes surprises me, considering your prior extreme reluctance to do so. There were still other players who were avoiding random voting at the time, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to abandon your first strategy. And then, suddenly, most notably on page 7, you shift into repeatedly bringing up your inexperience on this thread. I'll admit that I wouldn't know how much the rules differ between SF and other sites that run Mafia, but your rapid shift from almost bragging about your Mafia experience to going out of your way to mention that you're not familiar with this site's standards just seems like an attempt to avoid suspicion with a new tactic.

That, in detail, is what I mean when I say you appear to be bouncing from passive play, to offensive play, to defensive play. Just a few of these examples would've simply confused me for a moment before moving on, since admittedly a lot of these examples are minor on their own. But with so many examples happening so often, it rubs me the wrong way more than most other players here.

If you want specific links to posts then I can go back and find them, but there's been like fifteen posts since I started writing this, some of which have mentioned my lack of activity here, so I wanted to get this out quicker. I did my best to at least include page numbers for my examples, though.

33 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Voting late on the wagon is one thing, but the whole "I'm sorry I have to do this, but..." really sounds bad to me. 

I consider Arcanite a friend elsewhere on the forum, so I said that to show I am reluctant  to vote them.

31 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Oh wow, there isn't a wagon on Arc yet. GG. Rex, explain yourself.

Arcanite's reasoning behind voting for Rapier was odd. It began as a joke, I thought, but then:

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I don't think I'll remove my vote though... I am still convinced you're scum and you're using real life issues to mask your scumminess

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

psh

It may seem like a joke to you guys

WAKE UP!

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Also that is my case for voting Rapier. I just think that remark seemed scummy to me, amid all this ensuing chaos. Again though, I have someone else in mind but I just want to be a little sure.... before I change my vote (and give my reasoning)

It is simply confusing. Is this vote a joke? Or do you have legitimate reasoning for accusing Rapier? If so, why haven't you revealed it?

Mack later explained that this is what he did in a previous game; and it is simply a "newbie action." I am willing to believe this; but I still wish to see Arcanite's side of the story before moving my vote.

30 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

You were/are both withholding info from the town.

While I am confused as to what information I am withholding, I shall assume you wish for me to reveal my opinions as to the people in this game so far, correct? Whilst I would love to, I simply don't have the time right now. My apologies.

26 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Glacies - I know personal things come up and i hope everything is okay for you but you've contributed little to none and your vote that you still haven't changed is based on a joke which is weird.

I acknowledge I have not contributed much; but in all fairness SB and Michalaar haven't done much either. Also, I did change my vote - but I seek to hear Arcanite's reasoning before I remove it.

... And off to bed I go!

I'm playing EO5 right now and might have some commitment with my friends, so I might not be around much in the evening. As of now, here are my current thoughts:

Any player who is still saying "I want to wait until X shows up until I give my thoughts/vote seriously/etc." needs to stop doing that and contribute. If a player is absent for too long then the mod will deal with that, but using inactive players to avoid giving opinions is scummy.

Arcanite's Rapier vote is still bad, and I don't like how they're trying to justify their RVS vote as an actual vote even though their response to Rapier's actual content was to say that it made him less suspicious. Am content on voting here.

Still don't feel completely easy about Greencapps. Not feeling as bad about them as I was earlier, and maybe they were just overly irritated at the time, but the reaction towards Rapier's vote still does feel OMGUS and reactionary and not in a town way. So still got my eye on here.

Not as concerned about Mack. Things have happened, I don't particularly dislike anything they've done after the initial thing with Bartozio.

Glacies, Arcanite: feels too non-committal, especially Glacies, should just give thoughts instead of insisting that they're going to wait for everyone to respond first. People will respond when they do. Right now I'm giving it a bit of a pass, but I expect this to stop being a thing by later phases

DefaultBeep: sorry, I'm having a hard time actually remembering what you did. But they're putting in more effort and seems like they're trying at least, so I guess I don't have too much issue with them.

Marth: hi Marth, speak more :P

@DefaultBeep Yep that's the post, as I said earlier I was a little to confident coming in and was thrown off by the different meta. Thus my change in confidence in my experience. I'd assumed that cause I talked so big beforehand that I'd be a target thus I reacted accordingly to Bartozio. After adjusting I'm less confident cause I don't have much experience in this meta but as stated earlier I'm starting to get my footing again so expect a bit of a spike in confidence. Your reasoning checks out and I know really have no reason to trust me considering my actions in the early game. 

Sidenote: Also aware that the more I use the different meta argument the weaker it is but it's legit why I acted the way I did and even if I get lynched because of it it'll serve to establish a norm for me when I'm town, I'm sticking to it.

@DefaultBeep Yep that's the post, as I said earlier I was a little to confident coming in and was thrown off by the different meta. Thus my change in confidence in my experience. I'd assumed that cause I talked so big beforehand that I'd be a target thus I reacted accordingly to Bartozio. After adjusting I'm less confident cause I don't have much experience in this meta but as stated earlier I'm starting to get my footing again so expect a bit of a spike in confidence. Your reasoning checks out and I know really have no reason to trust me considering my actions in the early game. 

Sidenote: Also aware that the more I use the different meta argument the weaker it is but it's legit why I acted the way I did and even if I get lynched because of it it'll serve to establish a norm for me when I'm town, I'm sticking to it.

I respect that you're admitting to some of the scummier vibes you've given off, that renews a bit of my faith in you. But at least for now, I will be keeping my vote; we'll see how the rest of the day goes from here.

Just woke up, let's explain.

@Bartozio, Greencapps I feel, has an untownly reaction to rapier's vote, but it's nothing too bad, I don't think he's that suspicious. Him taking the opening votes seriously is strange, but that is not enough to make me think he is scum. Mack2 I do find a bit more suspicious because he was taking things very serious when things are clearly supposed to be a joke. He's also throwing out a lotta votes, which is not to my liking. It makes him less believable in my book.

## Unvote

## Vote: Mack2

Shinori Magnificence and Rapier all seem guilty to me, since they've posted the least 

On to Greenkappas

On 10/20/2017 at 9:39 PM, Greencapps said:

Arc's reasoning is solid but the timing thing is really throwing me off. Perhaps they're playing the long game by sacrificing a mafia to give them cover.

After saying voting someone without evidence seems dumb, I give my evidence and now I'm automatically mafia playing the long game

And this is only my first game ;/

On 10/20/2017 at 9:44 PM, Greencapps said:

Sure.

Problem is I'm not a newbie. You messed up and now you're doing damage control. Poorly at that.

Then there's this whole thing with SB....

I feel like just from these posts alone Green is trying to throw as much dirt as possible on everyone but himself imo

On 10/21/2017 at 12:33 AM, Greencapps said:

Speaking of which:

##Vote : SB.

It was either him or Arc and I like Arc.

So far so consistent, I guess 

18 hours ago, Greencapps said:

1. It's Greencapps one word 2 ps and no capital C

2. In games I've played on other forums lynching didn't start till after the first night which is why I was so against the ideo of a random lynching at first. I've sense changed my mind on the matter cause it just seems inevitable.

3. I have voted and if you were actually paying any attention you'd see that. Sounds like a scum trying to take out a high profile player 

therefore

##Unvote

##Vote: Bartozio

@Anime27Arts This is your first game right?

Rule #1 is always fact check people's claims. If you don't a scum can easily trick you into believing something false.

I recommend you change your vote. But in the end it's up to you.

5 things happen in this post

The first 3 are obvious because they're numbered :P

4th thing, they vote Bart for the reason in #3, and this reasoning just seems shoddy at best

I feel like they voted Bart just because Bart voted them tbh

5th thing, immediately after saying

scum can easily trick you into believing something false.

They recommend my twin change her vote..... hmmm

And now immediately after Rapier votes them, look what happens:

14 hours ago, Greencapps said:

I am?

I feel like you've cherry picked what I've said ignoring the actual reasoning behind things even though I explain them like 2 posts up. Either you're blind, stupid, or scum. 

I'm not gonna bother disproving you cause I did just that a few posts back so if people or you want my retort they can just scroll up.

IMO the fact that you just show up and cherry pick me to vote for considering all the heat I'm getting makes you seem super suspicious. 

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

^AGAIN^

Rapier brought out something similar...

13 hours ago, Rapier said:

Is there no other people who you've got reads on, or any other player you find scummy that doesn't find you scummy/hasn't voted you?

But a little bit before all this happens.... @Greencapps thinks it a good idea to show previous games so we can recognize his tells

Now, to me, I would not really think that he's scum if he didn't do this..... but he did. Which makes him even more suspicious. I was definitely not going to read through all those games just to see what he was now lol I am not even sure if anyone else did either....

I'm kinda hoping Greencapps isn't scum though :/ And they're just trying to conversely hunt scum by being defensive with the thought process that anyone who votes them could actually be scum themselves and perhaps by voting them in return it'll make them talk more so he could get an accurate read?

Meh

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

Spoiler

I still think Rapier is scum

Alright, seems like everyone has posted at least something which is good. Current thoughts on the game:

Greencapps: has been improving a bit in his later posts. I think scum would also try to change tactics in this situation, but it's worth noting nonetheless.

Arcanite: ... Just hurry up and tell us your reasoning already, seriously. Even if you don't want to tell us something because of your role, you still have an opinion on everything that happened in the thread right?

##Unvote

##Vote: Arcanite

Okay you just posted while I was busy writing, but why are voting Shinori? You give a whole speech about Green being suspicious, but you vote her over him?

Rex Glacies: He started of by saying he'd give his reads when Marth posted, and when Marth finally posts he's saying he doesn't have much time right now but he'll be more active during D2? This kind of rubs me the wrong way, and it really sounds like a reason to stay on the sidelines for as long as possible. It should also be noted that he voted Arcanite after several people had already voiced their complaints (and votes) on him. Would vote, but Arcanite comes first for now.

@Arcanite So after reading your post better, you're voting Shinori just because she hasn't posted a lot right? Was this who you were planning to vote earlier? Your reads on Green are decent but not new, and your suspicion of people who are inactive doesn't sound like something worthwhile to keep hidden. Are you still keeping something back, or was this it?

The previously mentioned people seemed the most relevant to me for now, I'll post my thoughts on other people in a bit.

Thoughts on other people then

Mackc2: His reaction to my first post was odd, but his other posts have been decent enough. I don't want to lynch him for one scummy action, but I'll keep an eye on him.

Anime27arts: I like her posts, it feels like she's putting in a good bit of effort to look for scum. She made some slightly odd plays like the massive shitposting at first, and unvoting Green just because he said so, but I'm willing to write that off as just being new to this.

DefaultBeep: Similar story to Anime really. He's not contributing a lot, but I feel like he's trying well enough to at least get reads on people.

Marth: I find his vote on Rex to be pretty weak. He initially thought Rex was jumping a lynch train, but he immideatly admitted afterwards there wasn't one yet. This means his only reason for voting Rex is because Rex said something like "Sorry for this" before voting someone which....., I find a very flimsy thing to take under the loop at this point. His other content (voicing suspicion of Arc, saying he's against lynching Green and Mich) is decent, but it's quite lacking in quantity. Would like to hear more from him.

Michelaar: Opinion hasn't changed much. He's a bit passive for my taste, but a lot less then the previous game. Don't think he's scum right now.

Rapier: I like his posts. He has good reasonings and was actively trying to get people to join the discussion. Don't see much reason to suspect him as of yet.

SB: I think his only relevant content was on page 5 where he mentioned he wasn't suspicious of Mack and didn't like my wording on it? I found his arguments a bit confusing, but I'm not scumreading him for it. There's not much else to go on here, so I really hope we hear more from him soon.

Shinori: I liked his first post, would like to see more...

Sunwoo: Good posts. She seems to be trying to help newer players out while still coming up with good arguments.

Not really liking Arcanite's play. They voted me on RVS phase, which is fine, but stuck with the vote until now because I.... haven't posted much and because they find me scummy? Arcanite also "agrees that I look less scummy because they agree with what I said, but still finds me scummy" (???). The justifications also don't make sense, because "lack" of posts doesn't mean someone is scummy, and from that logic then Marth, SB, Shinori and Sunwoo are scummy, but no mentions of them were ever made. They also never explained why I am scummy, aside from what I just wrote.

Overall, I think Arcanite is intentionally drilling their vote on me, insisting on it for reasons that also apply to at least 3 other players (but taking no action or making no effort with regards to them), without even pressing me for whichever reaction they desire to see and avaliate if I'm truly scummy or not. It truly feels lazy and I want to see more from them, which is why, for now:

Unvote

##Vote: Arcanite

Come on, I want to see more from you.

--

Also, I find Rex Glacies' attitude strange. Were you truly willing to wait 48 hours until Marth was possibly modkilled so, in the remaining 5 hours prior to the end phase, you'd share your reasoning with us and help with the game?

Ok, I know this is not what happened - Marth posted  a couple of hours ago -, but just knowing that you were willing to wait that long is... weird. Besides, you can contribute and share opinions on the game without including Marth. I can have opinions on player X without having opinions on player A. Avoiding discussion just because I don't have every jigsaw puzzle piece connected is counterproductive.

--

14 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Now @Greencapps I think he is very suspicious (that said I don't want to put him anywhere close to lynch range yet because I don't want to burn away this phrase.) Firstly playing how you played your previous games is non-alignment indicative because logically mafia would want to play in their 'normal' way as a sudden change in character would be very suspicious. This makes me wonder then why you are trying to prove that you are playing 'normally'. On top of this your posts on the top of page 6 about Rapier feel more like you are trying to discredit Rapier for taking a jab at you even if you where right about it your way of going about it feels 'scummy'

I was completely unaware @Magnificence Incarnate was even playing this game. He is experienced so he should know full well that staying completely silent as scum is a really stupid tactic, because someone is going to notice and call you out. I am going to vote him though because I want an explanation for this silence and if he wishes to remain silent I am content to have him Lynched. 

##Unvote
##Vote: Marth

Going to go out with this now before I click something and lose it 

Uh, so, you have a scumread on Greencapps, but voting Marth, a player who was inactive so far, is... better? And you'd be willing to lynch an inactive player over an active player that you think has scum intent behind his actions? I don't understand.

--

I don't really understand what Marth tried to accomplish here. He does have what seems to be a scumread, but instead... votes someone else because there's already a wagon on said person (and what's the problem with that? They had like 3 votes, nowhere close to hammering), and Rex Glacies said "my bad" about a vote, which feels odd to him and thus he voted the player for that reason. Uhhh.... what.

@Magnificence Incarnate from what I've read of your post, you've read the whole thread. Surely you have something more concrete than "Arcanite is being vague, and Rex Glacies said my bad and this is odd to me, therefore I'll vote him"?

Also, how does that make Greencapps town? Making mistakes in games where you're not experienced is also valid for scum. Everything you said is also valid for scum!Greencapps.

14 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I'll post in a bit, I forgot about the game tbh.

damn, that's one of my lines.

Ok there's more to read but this post is already huge. I'll continue later.