Names for Alternate Seasonal Units

salinea

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Usana said:

@mcsilas I quite like Valyntine for Lyn and was thinking of it myself. Though in my case I wasn't considering hyphens. I hate typing hyphens in. One day I will commit Hyphencide.

@Interdimensional Observer For Hector the best one I have heard is definitely Vector. Just sounds catching, if you get my drift.

@Stroud Cavalina is probably my favorite for her so far.

@Tenzen12 Lancewood is funny and I like it.

Roy is a tough one. Arroy? You know like arrow, but with Roy on the end? Except that spelling is just ugly and I don't think I would initially pronounce it like arrow if I saw it for the first time.

Adding Lancewood due to it beign seconded (the others already were added in)

17 hours ago, mcsilas said:

What about Roycher? At least it sounds okay when you say it.

Hector could also be Berserktor for his weapon. Or Wrecktor. Also because of the Wrath effect wrecking things

I kinda like Berserktor!

15 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Usana well either that or Valroy (Valentine's or (Bow) Valour Roy)

Valroy does sound neat and clear.

7 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I've got some nicknames here:

Spring Camilla: Killer Bunny
Summer Elise: Ray of Sunshine; Beach Loli; Pedo Bait
Performing Azura: Lost in Thots; Slutzura (because she's always dancing/singing for everyone even more than her counterparts, and if you've played through Conquest you know what her voice sounds like...just look what it did to Garon *wink wink nudge nudge*)
Halloween Sakura: Pussakura
New Year Takumi: At Soup
New Year Camilla: Flying Cow
Valentine Eliwood: Here's Looking At You, Kid (a reference to the 1942 American film that shares the same name as his weapon); Lancewood; Eliwoodla
Valentine Lyn: Lynla (since gamepress decided they wanted to make the Valentine heroes' web address have "la" after their names)
Valentine Hector: Hands Off My Daughter; #BestFatherEver; Hectorla
Valentine Lilina: All For Daddy; Lilinala
Valentine Roy: Not Bow!Lyn; Our Bow Boy; Royla
Vanguard Ike: Legendary Muscles; Arm Day Ike

Ok so i started looking at your name suggestions and then I got to slutzura and I stopped looking.

10 hours ago, salinea said:

Ok so i started looking at your name suggestions and then I got to slutzura and I stopped looking.

Okay, thanks for...so blatantly tossing them away.

I mean, what kind of thread is this supposed to be if you don't even consider putting ideas up? Its name shouldn't be "Names for Alternate Seasonal Units", it should be "Names for Seasonal Units I think Are Cool", because in reality you're just putting up names you like and not names we come up with.
Like, I can understand you not liking "Slutzura". I probably wouldn't like it either. In fact, just to appease you I removed it (as well as the rest) from my idea list. I don't even care if you use any of them or not. But to go so far as to not just blatantly ignore but completely shit on any additional name ideas is kind of terrible. Especially when the Thread Title and its starting statement give the allusion that it's a compilation of peoples' free reign of ideas and not just a tidy list of ideas that tickle your fancy.
So yeah, I'm not going to look for anything more. Just wanted you to know my disappointment and the fact that I'll no longer be making any more ideas here.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

Well, while I do agree @salinea rejecting some names for reasons that are  somehow lacking at times she still can be convinced.

Either way there are things you should realise first. This topic is about practical and descriptive nicknames that can be used in causal feh conversation. "Ray of Sunshine" doesn't make clear what it refer and even if it did none would bother use it considering it's much longer than simply typing "S!Elisse". On same note, even if " Slutzura" weren't derogatory it still wouldn't make clear witch version it supposed be.

You have right to complain, when good names get rejected, but first you should come with good names...

Edited by Tenzen12

2 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Okay, thanks for...so blatantly tossing them away.

I mean, what kind of thread is this supposed to be if you don't even consider putting ideas up? Its name shouldn't be "Names for Alternate Seasonal Units", it should be "Names for Seasonal Units I think Are Cool", because in reality you're just putting up names you like and not names we come up with.
Like, I can understand you not liking "Slutzura". I probably wouldn't like it either. In fact, just to appease you I removed it from my idea list. I don't even care if you use any of them or not. But to go so far as to not just blatantly ignore but completely shit on any additional name ideas is kind of terrible. Especially when the Thread Title and its starting statement give the allusion that it's a compilation of peoples' free reign of ideas and not just a tidy list of ideas that tickle your fancy.
So yeah, I'm not going to look for anything more. Just wanted you to know my disappointment and the fact that I'll no longer be making any more ideas here.

When I started the thread I meant it as a compilation of names that people were already using in practice and added everything (or almost). It quickly became an opportunity for people to make up names on the stop or brainstorm name ideas which is... well to be predicted and fairly fun on its own, so I adapted by starting filtering out some names when I felt they were unclear or a bit too offensive. Very recently I've started adding names I had originally rejected because other people posted about liking them (i mean if more than one person do dig something enough to second it, that sounds fair enough to include it for the sake of compilation).

When you communicate with other people, you need to be aware that what you say or even how you say it will affect how people perceive you and everything else you say, and sometimes whether they're even willing to continue listening to you. I don't owe you my time or attention. I only mean to explain you why I stopped reading your list of name. You can draw your own conclusions from it as you wish. If you want to start a new thread, you may as well.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

You know what? Something hit me while I was reading about Roy.

Cavalroy.

I mean yeah it's longer than Valroy. And it also doesn't work too well now that there are two cavalry Roys.

I just find it funny how it flows well to his name XD

That would have been an amazing nickname if we didn't have two cavalry roy, damnit!

I agree. Cavalroy would have been neat if there were just one horse roy.

Anyways I have another for Lyn that I am surprised didn't get offered up yet.

Booklyn

She is a tome book unit(even if her weapon is a gift, I at least plan to switch her to a book. Besides books make the best gifts don't you know? So clearly it is a book in that wrapped package). As the fastest armor unit she is really booking(Informal definition: leave suddenly or move quickly; hurry). Too bad regular Lyn is one faster or else she could be the fastest armor and fastest Lyn. I actually thought she was the fastest Lyn, but I keep forgetting my sword Lyn is -SPD. Speaking of the speeds of Lyn. Swordlyn(37), Booklyn(36), Bravelyn(35), Bridelyn(34), that can't be an accident, right?

Anyways that just sprung on me at work when I went to use the word booking in a sentence using the informal booking and ended up saying booklyn it instead. Which of course caused me to start laughing.

Oooh Booklyn is nice! So would Lilina be Booklina?

maybe if we refer to both Roys at once then The Cavalroy may be used haha. Darnit IS why are you obsessed with horsies! 

edit: Or, Cavalroy can be for a specific Valroy build- Cancel Affinty + Valroy?

Edited by mcsilas

This is slightly unrelated, but I've never been a fan of the "XYZ Emblem" nomenclature for a team of four of a kind apart from "Flier Emblem." For instance, now that we have access to four different Lyns thanks to Booklyn, I don't call a team of Lyns "Lyn Emblem." I call that team "Lyntelligent Systems." Four Lucinas? Easy. That's "Crewcina." For reference, I also use "Dragon Wagon," "Horse Force," and when CamillaCuatro comes, I'll use "Wu Tang Cam."

EDIT: I didn't see it in the OP, but I also like using Gleirika for the tome wielding Eirika. I've seen others use it, too.

Edited by Ressueah

13 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Chromsmas for winter Chrom.

Added!

10 hours ago, Ressueah said:

This is slightly unrelated, but I've never been a fan of the "XYZ Emblem" nomenclature for a team of four of a kind apart from "Flier Emblem." For instance, now that we have access to four different Lyns thanks to Booklyn, I don't call a team of Lyns "Lyn Emblem." I call that team "Lyntelligent Systems." Four Lucinas? Easy. That's "Crewcina." For reference, I also use "Dragon Wagon," "Horse Force," and when CamillaCuatro comes, I'll use "Wu Tang Cam."

EDIT: I didn't see it in the OP, but I also like using Gleirika for the tome wielding Eirika. I've seen others use it, too.

I don't much like the * Emblem nomenclature either, but by now it's kind of a losing battle. Still your own team names are very cute. I especially dig Lyntelligent System and Wu Tang Cam XD

I'll add Gleirika!

16 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Oooh Booklyn is nice! So would Lilina be Booklina?

Now why didn't I think of extending the book theme to Lilina? Tsk. Tsk. I must be slacking or something ,eh? I give a second there. Rolls off the tongue easier than Cavalina for me. Though maybe drop the l and make it Bookina? No, that makes it much harder to tell who you are talking about I think. So Booklina is probably the best way to go with that combination. That said this has inspired me that if we ever get Halloween Lilina that she needs to be BOOlina.

3 hours ago, Usana said:

Now why didn't I think of extending the book theme to Lilina? Tsk. Tsk. I must be slacking or something ,eh? I give a second there. Rolls off the tongue easier than Cavalina for me. Though maybe drop the l and make it Bookina? No, that makes it much harder to tell who you are talking about I think. So Booklina is probably the best way to go with that combination. That said this has inspired me that if we ever get Halloween Lilina that she needs to be BOOlina.

Cavalina is still my favorite name for her, but I'll add Booklina.

lol that'd be cute!

Edited by salinea

Watch as they release an actual Tome Lucina who can also be called Bookina

Also i know i already said a few names but i just had a thought since the actual banner is called Love Abounds.

Lovelyn (love, lovely, lyn, works better if you love lyn)

and Lovelina (similar but Lilina)

59 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Watch as they release an actual Tome Lucina who can also be called Bookina

They have. Bunny Lucina.

59 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also i know i already said a few names but i just had a thought since the actual banner is called Love Abounds.

Lovelyn (love, lovely, lyn, works better if you love lyn)

and Lovelina (similar but Lilina)

Not bad!

Again I tend to think Lovelyn rolls off the tongue better than Lovelina, but I do like them both. I am starting to think I just have a thing for Lyns name. It just goes so well with so much!

And yeah, as I said Bookina would be too unspecific since it could be several. Though I had forgot we had Bunny Lucina, so I had forgotten one was already here.

Alright. I can't get the idea out of my head that LA!Hector is a fusion between Hector and Elvis. I don't know why that idea is in my head, but it will NOT leave me be. So now I must submit -

Elvector - “Thank ya. Thank ya very much,”

No can this idea please leave my head?! I mean could you imagine him with the Sing assist?! Even if he lost 2 to each stat for the dancer penalty he would still be an abomination! Begone!

More seriously can someone please explain why this popped into my head? I am really hoping this isn't an early sign of insanity.

Edited by Usana

17 hours ago, Usana said:

Again I tend to think Lovelyn rolls off the tongue better than Lovelina, but I do like them both. I am starting to think I just have a thing for Lyns name. It just goes so well with so much!

And yeah, as I said Bookina would be too unspecific since it could be several. Though I had forgot we had Bunny Lucina, so I had forgotten one was already here.

Alright. I can't get the idea out of my head that LA!Hector is a fusion between Hector and Elvis. I don't know why that idea is in my head, but it will NOT leave me be. So now I must submit -

Elvector - “Thank ya. Thank ya very much,”

No can this idea please leave my head?! I mean could you imagine him with the Sing assist?! Even if he lost 2 to each stat for the dancer penalty he would still be an abomination! Begone!

More seriously can someone please explain why this popped into my head? I am really hoping this isn't an early sign of insanity.

Probably a combination of his more open shirt/chest, the 'my arm is singin'' special quote and the fact a lot of fans find the art upgrade quite attractive just like how Elvis made the ladies swoon?

it's okay, Hector making you go crazy is a normal thing. Few can resist.

now imagine Vector doing Elvis-Style hip dances

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

now imagine Vector doing Elvis-Style hip dances

What exactly was in that gift Lilina gave him? Hip Dancing, Swinging around his Axe, and belting out some tunes. That is terrifying. You just had to go and complete that imagine in my head, didn't you?

• 2 weeks later...